[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Disney refuses to cut ‘gay moment’ from ‘Beauty &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

>Disney refuses to cut ‘gay moment’ from ‘Beauty & the Beast’ for Malaysia, pulls movie from theatres

wow so brave, give me a fucking break
>>
>bigotted people problems

fuck chinkasia
>>
you're 3 weeks late faggot, and Malaysia is showing if after the backlash you dipshit
>>
>>81502776
calm down, sweetie
>>
Its Malaysia that's the little man here. Such a little thing, that scene.
>>
>>81502785
you're the one getting furious about basic shit like this dude can you really talk
>>
File: 1487993013876.jpg (90KB, 393x395px) Image search: [Google]
1487993013876.jpg
90KB, 393x395px
>>81502811
Disney is virtue signaling, I don't have time for that, sorry
>>
>movie has already nearly a billion
>shithole gook country no one could find on a map is refusing to play it

How will Disney recover?
>>
>>81502833
it's virtue signalling to refuse to cut a section out of your movie to fit the values of a different culture? shut up faggot
>>
What was the gay scene? I didn't notice it
>>
File: 1453273884983.png (18KB, 499x555px) Image search: [Google]
1453273884983.png
18KB, 499x555px
>>81502833
any femanon's here willing to record themselves reading this?
>>
They lost a whole 3 ticket sales
>>
>>81503094
There was none, it's just disney marketing team spreading fake controversy bullshit again
>>
>>81503045
yes. Pixar happily changed food in their scenes to pander to different cultures but a culture may have an issue with certain sexualities and Disney has to go all "NO DEAL WITH IT ITS 2017"? Fuck them.
>>
File: 1401457432348.jpg (22KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
1401457432348.jpg
22KB, 300x279px
>Viewers — particularly parents — who cannot discern the difference between entertainment and propaganda may have already been duped by Disney’s long-standing entertainment hegemony. It’s a mistake to think that such propaganda is innocent storytelling. This Millennial Beauty and the Beast becomes grim progressive silliness when it erases basic gender distinctions and politicizes the background and experience of the commoner Belle and the aristocratic Beast. It’s a blockbuster touting specious lessons in Occupy logic and “tolerance.”

>Belle’s sexual politics and an unnecessary gay subplot involving the villain Gaston (Luke Evans) and LeFou (Gad’s servant character) are part of Disney’s effort to replace traditional notions about love, family, community, and sex with fashionable ideology about gendered love.
>>
>>81503204
it was a rhetorical question, I wasn't actually looking for your opinion you dumb fuck
>>
>>81502717
Censorship in any fashion is compromising on the creative vision of the people who are making the film and is unacceptable.
>>
>>81503389
>it was a rhetorical question
no, it wasn't.
>>
>>81502717
Whats the global box office?
>>
>>81503600
>literal cashgrab shot by shot remake of a 30 year old movie
>creative vision
Well I didn't need these sides anyway
>>
>>81503637
I literally told you to shut up immediately after "asking" it
you really think I wanted your input there?*

*hint: this is a rhetorical question too, genius
>>
File: mala.jpg (16KB, 313x159px) Image search: [Google]
mala.jpg
16KB, 313x159px
>>81502717
>malaisa
>>
>>81502717
I would actually be ultimate cuckery if they changed their movie because some gook motherfuckers living on some shithole island you couldnt even find on a map demanded it, glad that they told them to fuck themselves
>>
>>81503736
you think I'm going to listen to a literal cuck? <also rhetorical
Fuck off, kid, you've been BTFO so all you can do is say "oh I'm not even listening na na na na na na" Go to bed.
>>
>>81502717
/pol/cucks would be flipping out if SJW's demanded movies to censor scenes that involved minorities being portrayed as criminals, yet have no problem with it being the other way round.
>>
>>81503867
kids movie.
anyone that actually cares better not ever consider watching it.
>>
>>81503856
>you think I'm going to listen to a literal cuck?
>all you can do is say "oh I'm not even listening na na na na na na"
>>
>>81503600
What about when someone remakes an already existing story to promote the gay agenda?
>>
>>81503992
What, isn't that allowed in the free market cocksucker?
>>
LeFou was already heavily implied to be gay, so it's not like it really matters. There is literally nothing wrong with making a male character who is canonically infatuated with another male character gay, and if you think it is because muh ancient religious morals then remove yourself from the gene pool.
>>
File: IMG_1458.jpg (73KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1458.jpg
73KB, 960x540px
>>81504200
>LeFou was already heavily implied to be gay, so it's not like it really matters. There is literally nothing wrong with making a male character who is canonically infatuated with another male character gay, and if you think it is because muh ancient religious morals then remove yourself from the gene pool.
>>
>>81503045
It is when they did added it specifically for the media attention. Or do you actually believe that Disney gives a shit about gay rights?
>>
>>81503992
>DUH GAY AGENDA!
How exactly did a background character being confirmed gay behind the scenes at all impact this movie's plot or story?
>>
>>81503697
You forget that the original was just a watered down sanitized version of a pre existing fairy tale, like most of the classic disney cartoons.
Seriously, go read the original brothers grimm stories, they're brutal as fuck.
>>
>>81504253
Disney as a company doesn't believe anything. Companies that large can't be considered on the basis of values as they are made up of thousands of people and every individual has different values. What matters are their actions, which are just as important if not more important in defining who a person is and what a company is like.
>>
>>81503992
The character was gay in the original, the writer even confirmed he wrote him as gay. This was just them paying homage to it.

No I'm not a Disney shill, no I haven't even seen the movie, I'm just tired of alt-right pussies crying about literally everything and ruining /tv/.
>>
>>81504334
>Disney as a company doesn't believe anything
They believe in money.
But yeah, most people dont appreciate how big disney, as a company, really is.
>>
The "gay scenes" last like 5 seconds in total. If you can't deal with that you have some serious problems with your psyche.
>>
yes i'm into artistic censorship as well, only for movies i don't like though
>>
>>81504521
It's a cultural issue. Some cultures are fine with sex with children. Should we tolerate a child sex scene because it's only 5 seconds long?
>>
>>81504589
I, for one, say yes!
>>
File: jesus nuke.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
jesus nuke.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
Anyone else think it's kinda fun watching society unravel?
>>
>>81504589
Why are you comparing gays with pedophilia?
>>
>>81504778
same reason we compare gays to the french.
>>
>>81504250
xD
>>
>>81503204
Which scene?
>>
>>81502717
why does this matter, its not like anyone with a fucking brain is buying these anime/cartoon remakes.

If you watched this in a theater, without a little girl who came from your seed you are a dummy.
>>
>>81506646
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/inside-out-changes-pixar_us_55bb7a17e4b0d4f33a025445
>>
>>81503736
It was a rhetorical question for (You) but that doesn't mean other cannot answer it as well especially when you answered it incorrectly.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.