[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do contrarians love this piece of shit so much? Nu-Mann

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: miami_vice.jpg (73KB, 477x755px) Image search: [Google]
miami_vice.jpg
73KB, 477x755px
Why do contrarians love this piece of shit so much? Nu-Mann is terrible .
>>
never watched it before but if its like mann's other work im sure its crap
>>
>>81501097
Blackhat is the superior film we can all agree.
>>
It's moody, it has style, it has two great understated and effortlessly cool performances from the leads (Farrell in particular) and if you let it in you will be moved by the end. It also features some killer night time digital cinematography and gunplay which is what Mann does best and the script makes no concessions for pleb audiences that need their plot spoonfed to them, which is refreshing for an action picture.
>>
It's not bad it's got some pacing problems due to them filming through hurricanes and Jamie Foxx and Collin Farrell having a near death experience but the movie has all the Mann bells and whistles. Blackhat sucks. I hate Thor's acting.
>>
It's alright but rather unnecessary.

Miami Vice already has immense cultural presence and reimagining it would be like reimagining X-Files or Twin Peaks with a completely different cast.
>>
>>81501154
Yes. inb4 muh jacked hacker man. Miami Vice sucked because Mann is deaf and was to up his ass to hand off sound duties. This was fixed by Blackhat.
>>
File: 1482683627222.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1482683627222.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>81501472
>>
>>81501097
>"contrarians"

Pleb filter doin' its job, I see.
>>
>>81501097
Because it's a very good movie, and beautifully shot - on digital, which is rather impressive.
>someone likes a thing I don't like!
>m-muh contrarians!
You should be embarrassed.
>>
Almost no one can shoot digital like Mann does, and Miami Vice is the best showcase of that. It's not as good as Heat, but it's close.
>>
>>81501577
I've come to prefer Miami Vice. I've seen Heat several times and with every viewing I'm more inclined to think it would heavily benefit from a lengthy trip to the editing room.
>>
What is the best of the digital Mann films? I've only seen Miami Vice and Collateral and really liked both.
>>
>>81501889
MV > Collateral > Blackhat > Ali > Public Enemies

They're all really great.
>>
>>81501889
In my opinion.. Miami Vice.
>>
File: 1481891483252.webm (3MB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
1481891483252.webm
3MB, 1280x528px
>>81501889
Miami Vice and Public Enemies. The look of PE takes some getting used to. I didn't like it initially and thought the digital cinematography in a period setting didn't work, but now I see it as a strength and the film the equal of Miami Vice in greatness.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.