[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you who don't know, Broadway makes showrunners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: bom-og-twitter.png (38KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
bom-og-twitter.png
38KB, 600x315px
For those of you who don't know, Broadway makes showrunners sign a contract that a film adaptation of a show can't come out until 6 years after the Broadway premier. So 2017 is the first year that Parker/Stone/Lopez can make a Book of Mormon film. Do you think there's still enough interest for it to work? Or does nobody care about The Book of Mormon anymore?
>>
I'm not a homosexual, so musicals, Broadway or otherwise, don't interest me.
>>
what if they sign with a fake signature?
>>
File: Too much cock on their minds.jpg (65KB, 615x359px) Image search: [Google]
Too much cock on their minds.jpg
65KB, 615x359px
>>81490978
>>
>>81490978
I've never watched a musical before but the Book of Mormon was hilarious.
>>
>>81490869
Why would they sign it. They could basically buy broadway.
>>
show was good but lacked a satisfying climax
>>
>>81490869
I definitely would have
I bought tickets to watch this shit in May this year
I have watched it before but my lady friend hasn't so we're going
A recording of this would have been great
>>
>>81491094
>tfw if the musical doesn't end with an gay interracial facial scene it's just not complete.
>>
>>81490869
I just seen it a few days ago in Toronto and I was underwhelmed. It's funny but I don't think it would be getting nearly as much praise if it was a tv show or movie. People need to justify spending $120+ for a theatre ticket.
>>
>>81491060
To get the show on Broadway. Everyone has to do it. It's why the Matilda movie is basically confirmed but isn't entering production until 2019.
>>
As long as Book Of Mormon is profitable on broadway, no one is incentivised to make a film. A film will only happen once the musical is no longer profitable on stage
>>
>Go see it in Australia
>The spoon kid from The Matrix is the gay one
I thought that was neat.
Also the Australian one was much better than the American one.
>>
>>81491202

People spend more than that to see bands play - musicals are basically the same, but with way more people and moving parts. Or like a movie without the benefit of the actors being able to mess up even slightly.
>>
The Broadway show is still hugely popular. No doubt a movie would do well.
>>
>>81490869
>Broadway makes showrunners sign a contract that a film adaptation of a show can't come out until 6 years after the Broadway premier.

source? and by 'Broadway' I assume you mean Broadway League, since "Broadway" is just a place made up of multiple independent businesses
>>
is there a good camrip yet
>>
It's gonna do it's national run probably for another year or two probably. I went and saw it last year and it was amazing. If they actually do the movie right and really make it something it would easily get oscar nominations
>>
>>81490869
Damn, has it been 6 years already? I've seen it 3 times and I would still be interested in an adaptation.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.