[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people on this board that actually think it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>there are people on this board that actually think it wasn't rape
>>
did anyone here think standall had aids/hiv? seemed like his condition had all the symptoms and was a highly sensitive topic
>>
>>81486553
He's really just a fag
It's the source if the stereotype
>>
why was Jeff such a good dude ?
>>
File: IMG_8653.jpg (42KB, 465x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8653.jpg
42KB, 465x315px
Jeff and Clay were best couple

FUCK Hannah and Minority-wise-old-guy-who-isn't-actually-old
>>
>>81486832

He wasn't. Clay just remembered him better because he died.

Did anyone else think the played out jock bully stereotype was bullshit? Who in school gets bullied by jocks any more? It's usually the weak and unpopular kids who give you shit when you're young.
>>
by the time she got raped i had absolutely no sympathy for her as a character. she was an attention seeking entitled dip shit.
>>
>>81486783

He was a straight womanizer with a severe STD, hopefully he didn't spread it to the many women he did the do with
>>
>>81487056
But he's an acual fag IRL though. He dates alpha-turned-beta male Justin.
>>
>>81486065

lmao really? I think that's just trolling. mostly people are saying how dumb it was to put herself in that situation.

also, is Bryce a sociopath/autistic spectrum like Patrick Bateman? he shows zero regret or empathy for any of his actions. this isn't mere misogyny as we see he has no problem bullying Alex and Clay. the scene where he drinks whiskey with Clay was kino too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsZdZH9l8Go
fuck chads
>>
>>81487310

He's the kind of person who would be naturally dominant if he used his dominance responsibly and didn't leave gaping flaws like being a druggie rapist. Seeming loser protag Clay is a healthy dominant personality late bloomer in the making, starts out getting pushed around but is slowly getting there
>>
>>81487258

Yeah dude I got that the actor was gay. Almost assumed the character was. But the character for sure has some autoimmune issues that might be tied to his "private" activity
>>
>>81487404

I think mostly we are all sick of the "rich white fratboys" are rapists narrative. all the Chads I knew in Hs/college would be way too scared to jeopardize going to college/graduating/getting a job to rape anyone. in HS some kid apparently roofied a girl at his party but that kid was an idiot pot dealer whose dad was a heroin addict, not some super popular turbo-WASP. the truth is, most rapists have some fucked up shit going on in their life whether that be physical, verbal, secual abuse, a drug problem, etc., and aren't just "entitled" people who think they can get away with it. the problem with Bryce is we never got told why he thinks it's okay to rape, which implies rapists are born out of privilege and not trauma. all we needed was some quick exposition that his dad beats him, or his mom sleeps around so he hates women, or he has some weird abusive relationship with older sisters, anything really.
>>
>>81487722

When I was in high school out of the many cliques out there the biggest bullies were fucking video game nerds. Why isn't there a show that portrays that?
>>
>>81487722
Location plays a major role in what people think it acceptable behavior. Where I grew up, people like Bryce don't really exist and stuff like date rape isn't much of an issue. I went to college at a major state school in a very different part of the country, and that was definitely not the case. People like Bruce did exist, and I personally girls that got roofied at frat parties (although most realized it had happened and left).

And with Bryce there was an explanation. He didn't think he was raping those girls. He genuinely seemed to think they wanted it, and he was entitled to it. It was a combination of entitlement, a massive ego, and delusion.
>>
>>81487310
He doesn't have to show regret because he did not do anything wrong. Over the course of the show they keep hinting that she's an unreliable narrator, even the MC admits it. She was obviously asking for it if she walked into his house in her underwear, she just won't admit it to herself and wants so bad to be a victim.

Most likely because that's how she sees her farther and wants to emulate his behavior in a more extreme and attention seeking way.
>>
>>81487875

people like that exist in college too but at a big school they're so distant from most people no one is involved enough to give a shit
>>
>>81487875

maybe that combination can lead to being a rapist, but for it ALWAYS to be that character who's doing the raping isn't helping raise awareness and prevent rape. I knew some kid in college who grew up outside Cleveland, and he said a crazy amount of girls get raped going to concerts downtown by the ghetto population there. the truth is the vast majority of rape is committed by poor, destitute individuals and not upper-middle class white kids.

also, how in the fuck is punishing everyone but your rapist the correct thing to do? he clearly doesn't give a shit about what he's done or the fact that she killed herself, and rather than try to bring the only person who has caused you clear cut emotional trauma to justice?

I guess the message is "don't do what Hannah did?" they never explicity explained that, and I don't think the average teenage girl will read between the lines.
>>
>>81486918
>Did anyone else think the played out jock bully stereotype was bullshit? Who in school gets bullied by jocks any more? It's usually the weak and unpopular kids who give you shit when you're young.

Yeah, I remembered that in high school. It's normally the outcasts that bully.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.