[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were these meme characters thrown in just to appeal to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: ylzcddyjc70vzhwnit8z.jpg (41KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
ylzcddyjc70vzhwnit8z.jpg
41KB, 620x470px
Were these meme characters thrown in just to appeal to the Asian market?
>>
pandering to China is extremely important for big budget movies now
>>
>>81456631
Fuck you Donnie is the best.
If you dont already love him then I suggest you watch some of his films
>>
They were probably more memorable than most characters in the movie, but that's a pretty low bar
>>
>>81456631

The whole movie was thrown together to appeal to as many markets as possible. So yeah.
>>
>>81456631

Diversity Checkbox: The Film
>>
>>81456631

>if you removed them from the movie it would have little to no effect on the actual story

they were not in the script originally and when written in had 1 real storyline role (pressing a button on the beach). The only other purpose they had was to include more meaningless action scenes
>>
>>81457970
>they were not in the script originally
Got a source for that?

If I remember correctly they're the ones who save Jyn and the mexican on Jedha. They also lead them to the big black guy (whitaker). I wouldn't say those action sequences are at all meaningless because those moments add conflict to the story and up the stakes; would you really have wanted a film where Jyn simply walks in and takes the plans to death star without shooting a single storm trooper? I'm glad you're not a filmmaker.
>>
>>81456631
>putting an asian character in a movie is pandering to china
How stupid do you have to be to have this line of thinking
>>
>>81456631
Yes they were just thrown in for the Chinese market, but they were also the best characters in the movie (even though the movie was garbage overall).
>>
>>81458260
How many asian characters were there in Star Wars before TFA?
>>
>>81456631
donnie yen was the best part of that movie
>>
>>81458260

Right? I guess they were pandering to the Australian market when they cast Ben Mendelsohn as Krennic.
>>
>>81458789
yes they were, he was used to spearhead advertizing here, ya fuckin moron
>>
>>81456631
Everything about Rogue One is a meme... I watched it with minimal expectation and was still let down. I wasn't prepared forbit to be such a childrens movie after people telling me it's such a dark episode...i didn't care for any of the characters and the actions they took were meme tier bullshit.
>>
The asian guy pretty much made the movie interesting. Most of the good action was just the Asian guy. The rest I nearly fell asleep.
>>
>>81458700
Digits confirm.
>>
>>81458655
There was that asian rebel pilot in Jedi. He yelled "I'm hit!"
>>
>>81456631
No, they clearly had the most effort put into their characters besides Krennic and the droid.
>>
That scene where he did all that kung fu shit was really out of place.
>>
>>81458789
They were THIS close to greatness.
>>
no they were there to show the rebellion is comprised of worthless scum that has no respect/concern for the order that protected the common people for thousands of years. i liked them.
>>
>>81456631
fuck off. them and the robot are all what a i cared about in the movie. maybe the captain as well. bunnyfu is so bad at acting i didn't even care about her plight at all
>>
>>81458655
The nemoidians.
>>
Whitaker's character was actually in the Clone Wars animated series, but I don't know if they shoehorned him into Rogue One. Not sure about Donnie Yen's.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.