[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched Sicario. Solid 9/10 imo. Were they trying to imply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Sicario-bar.jpg (71KB, 1600x704px) Image search: [Google]
Sicario-bar.jpg
71KB, 1600x704px
Just watched Sicario. Solid 9/10 imo.

Were they trying to imply that her black partner set her up? Because that's all I could think for the rest of the movie, but they never mention it again.

Shit makes no fucking sense, unless afrobro was in with the cartel - which would explain a lot.
>>
it was "solid"
>>
>>81448451

No, "afrobro" didn't know.
>>
they were trying to imply that white women crave the bbc
>>
>>81448451
Tactical dark chocolate knew fuck all about what was happening.
>>
>>81448858

He had no explanation for why he - a black cop in Texas - would possibly bring his partner to a white cowboy bar, and got noticeably flustered when pressed on it.

Furthermore, he spends multiple scenes pressuring Blunt's character on how she needs a man, only to then turn around in almost the same breath and hook her up with a cartel plant.

It also explains his unending need to pressure CIAfag for more and more information about his mission.
>>
his "Sicario is amazing" meme needs to die.

The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject. It was all very hokey and sensationalist, with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place on a Law and Order episode (This is the land of wolves). And then there were the contrivances. That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off. And all the characters other than the three mains were just wastes. I give this movie a 6/10 based on the atmosphere, performances, and other little things, but this didn't win any awards and rightly so.
>>
>>81449170
>that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene?

Nigger there were probably millions of them. And Shane could've just played dumb and Blunt's character would've probably apologized and cooled off.

>you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject

Relative to what, your intimate firsthand knowledge of the Mexican drug war? lol
>>
>>81449290

Sicario plays out like a Criminal Minds episode about the drug war in Mexico. the writing was amateur and workshopped to hell. You could tell the writer (who is an actor primarily) just read some wikipedia articles and didn't really care about the subject matter enough to write something meaningful. He just used a touchy subject to further his own career. Disgusting.
>but kate, he is wearing FLIP FLOPS! something's going on with him, can't you see?
>wait a minute... you're a spook! right? the audience hasn't understood that yet, so let me say it again! you are cia, right?
>this illegal massacre witnessed by hundreds of civilians will be all over the newspapers tomorrow! wait no it won't be because we are cynical veterans and know this is always gets buried!
>be careful Kate, cops are the ones you can't trust! don't be surprised if in the next act you get betrayed by one, even if he comes out of nowhere
>by the way, they killed his wife and daughter, he is DAMAGED, in case you didn't notice by the way he acts
>by the way I'm an alpha wolf, I'm staring you down, like a wolf, get it?
>>
>>81449396

Again, failing to address:

>Relative to what, your intimate firsthand knowledge of the Mexican drug war? lol

Feel free to say you think the writing was lazy and cliche, or the characters were cardboard (I agree), but your critique of "DUDE IT'S UNREALISTIC!" just makes you sound like an edgy teenager who thinks he knows anything about the subject. You probably don't.
>>
>>81449519
I know more than some actor pretending to be Peter Jennings
>>
>>81448451
The girl crying for no reason was stupid and distracting
>>
File: v1.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
Give me some Operatorkino.

Preferably on Netflix or Amazon.

Elite Squad 2 is probably my favorite movie.
>>
>>81449170
kys
>>
>>81449519

You're replying to a pasta
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.