[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What anime could actually be successfully adapted by Hollywood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Fmab-poster.jpg (387KB, 1143x1597px) Image search: [Google]
Fmab-poster.jpg
387KB, 1143x1597px
What anime could actually be successfully adapted by Hollywood? I think pic related would be good - main characters are white (so they wouldn't be accused of whitewashing) and there are some themes that could sell well - like war in the middle east (Ishval)
>>
Too long, unless you make it a trilogy.

You want to go after short series that can be compacted into one movie like Trigun or Bebop.
>>
>>81447276

As someone who never read the manga, I think the original FMA anime is substantially better than Brotherhood.

When I said that in /a/, they lost their fucking minds.

I just don't get it. Brotherhood plays out like a standard (read: generic) anime, with fanservice and all.
>>
File: cbblineup.jpg (183KB, 1150x783px) Image search: [Google]
cbblineup.jpg
183KB, 1150x783px
>>81447534
Agreed. FMA would have to be long-term. Bebop would be perfect as either a one-off based on the material, or (like the anime movie) simply one bounty among many implied others within the continuity.
>>81448063
For me I think it's just that Brotherhood follows the manga, which makes much more sense re: Father's plot, the homunculi, why alchemy works, etc. than the first anime.
>>
>>81448152
>which makes much more sense

I think the opposite, though I haven't watched it in some time. I remember cringing several times, whereas the original anime was a fucking tear-jerker that gut punched me like 5+ times, not to mention the movie.

The dialogue in Brotherhood was also much, much worse. But I guess that's a symptom of it probably being taken straight from the manga.
>>
>>81448262
Not him but while I can agree that the dialogue and general feel of the manga and Brotherhood was a lot more generic I felt like the actual narrative played out a lot better. I think if it held the same tone and pacing the 03 anime did, Brotherhood would've been a lot better than 03 ended up being. Some of the stuff past Greed's death was absolutely retarded.
>>
>>81447276
hollywood should stop trying to make anime adaptations.
It doesn't work. Hollywood movies and japanese anime are too inherently different for it to translate well. It's jarring and weird.
>>
None you dumb fucking /v/eddit child
>>
>>81448838
>I think if it held the same tone and pacing the 03 anime did, Brotherhood would've been a lot better

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks, shit's been bothering me for years whenever I think back on FMA.

The 03 anime was genuinely heartwrenching, and I don't typically even enjoy most anime.
>>
>>81447276
I'm down with a FMA series. 3 to 5 films.
Start the ages out around 16 and 14 and have the characters age 5 yrs over the course of the films.
>>
>>81448063
Killing Scar was its biggest misstep. Also the crazy doctor with the daughter dog should have been killed like in the manga.
>>
>>81447276
>live action rendition of an animation

Name five (5) movies where this has been done successfully
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.