[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw this movie yesterday and I didn't understand anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I saw this movie yesterday and I didn't understand anything. Explain it to me, please.
>>
>>81437704
Time travel
>>
>>81437763
How?
>>
>>81437704
Make sure it was the original cut and it's better that shit is ambiguous like that.
>>
>>81437773
The majority of the context for all the weird shit that happens comes from outside of the original cut
Watch the director's cut or read the book thing from the movie
>>
>>81437704
It's fiction and it doesn't make any sense. All these tards try and explain something unexplainable.
>>
File: 1491417067388.png (2MB, 1493x2263px) Image search: [Google]
1491417067388.png
2MB, 1493x2263px
>>81437704
If you could see the future of a different universe, in which you're path is also shown and as a consequnce you deviate from that, did you travel into the past ?
Consequentially, if this parallel universe creates a ripple between them, disrupting your timeline, whether you like it or not, did you travel back in time ?
If you then go out to deviate from your own timeline to correct the one from the parallel universe, so the disruption you experienced in the main universe never happened, are you a faggot ?
Theoretically yes, but practically, since you disrupted something, the main universe would disrupt another universe, so to prevent all that from happening, you have to get eliminated from the timeline and prevent yourself from correcting the parallell universes' timeline to keep the mainline intact.
>>
>donnie is in his timeline
>movie begins
>donnie is sent to another timeline when the plane engine falls on his room
>movie is now set in a new timeline
>this happens randomly when an "artifact" (plane engine) comes into another timeline
>when this happens a chosen one has to set it right because the universe is unstable and will explode
>donnie figures out he is the chosen one throughout the movie
>chosen one has super powers
>donnie fixes the original timeline by sending the artifact back
>we are now back in the original timeline
>events of the movie only existed in the alternative timeline
>>
>>81437704
why do people always need to literally understand movies? Do you listen to some awesome music and ask yourself what it means?
Everyone understands this film. Just not on the literal level that pleb films work on. But the film makes you experience something. Can't be put in words and doesn't need to either. It's way more complex than just straight plot. It makes you feel something and that is all the understanding you need.
Also it's about teenage angst, they say.
>>
>>81439717
>teenage angst
In this respect it is similar to It Follows. The burden of responsibilty that grows on you as you leave childhood is experienced as frightening by most people who are not completely numb.
>>
>>81439717
It didn't make me feel anything either.
>>
>>81437704
He can see into the future and no one believes him
>>
>>81439831
Well, I guess then the movie wasn't meant for you. That happens. We don't all have the same desires and tastes. No explanation will make it better for you.
>>
File: 1475805596867.jpg (24KB, 308x336px) Image search: [Google]
1475805596867.jpg
24KB, 308x336px
>>81438084

>you're path
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.