[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was Christopher's problem? Handed everything,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 35

File: loyle to my capo.jpg (11KB, 360x245px) Image search: [Google]
loyle to my capo.jpg
11KB, 360x245px
What the fuck was Christopher's problem? Handed everything, clear successor, forgiven many times even when he nearly killed the boss and still he managed to fuck everything up time and time again

Also general Sopranos thread
>>
>>81433547
He was always the runt of the litter. He had everything but couldn't handle people making fun of him and generally treating him like a retarded little kid.

I also don't feel like he was able to handle murder as well as the other guys. The more people he kills, the more heroin he does. He can't detach.
>>
>>81433547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKrTLcqwDEM
>>
His addiction probably screwed everything up
>>
File: loyletomycapo.jpg (9KB, 247x250px) Image search: [Google]
loyletomycapo.jpg
9KB, 247x250px
>Goes to Italy
>Constantly going on about "seeing that fucking volcano"
>Spends it getting jacked up on H

>Kills the fucking guy who wrote his shitty movie plus didnt even put him in the credits
>>
>>81433547
His mommy was an alcoholic and his daddy a junkie.
>>
>>81433812
I love how if you look at this from Chris' perspective, that explanation is still sketchy as fuck.

Tony being mad as fuck that he is being accused for something that he didn't do but totally was 100% about to do, claiming innocence is just too much.

>"I would never go near that girl"

you sack of shit

Sopranos is so great
>>
>>81433887
Did the retired cop kill his dad?

Was Dickie Moltisanti more than a nostaligified glorified drug addict?
>>
He utilized Tony as a father figure since he never knew his own father. Tony is a sociopathic narcissist so Chris was completely devoid of any fatherly guidance in his life.
>>
>>81433900
Indeed based Anon.
>>
>>81433929
Ambiguous.
It's unknown
>>
File: glofriends8.jpg (22KB, 305x210px) Image search: [Google]
glofriends8.jpg
22KB, 305x210px
>Re-watch the old glow friends cartoon show from when I was a kid
>The antagonists, the Moleigans, are eerily-similar to the Sopranos
>>
>>81433964
we can speculate
>>
>>81433547
no arc
>>
So Tony had Christopher as his "successor" because they're partly blood related?

Bit shitty how he always fucked shit up
>>
>>81433547
He was severely addicted to heroin.
>>
>>81433812
>for da kids

tony is such a shit
>>
File: uncle.jpg (51KB, 958x553px) Image search: [Google]
uncle.jpg
51KB, 958x553px
Even though they had an epic feud lasting the entire show I think Paulie and Christopher always liked each other, ying and yang, needed each other. He probably felt bad about always breaking his balls hence the whole shit with the cat. Was Paulie just jealous that Christopher got so much attention and shit handed to him by tony?
>>
>>81433812
>Silvio with the megaphone

hahahahahaahha
>>
>>81433547
Tony treated him as a son and made him dependent like that; but of course he wasn't Tony's son, and Tony was pretty happy to treat the relationship as "just business" when it suited him

>>81433933
This. He was just an insecure motherfucker because he didn't have real family.

>>81434066
Yes Paulie was obviously jealous of the attention.
>>
>>81433900
It's pretty sick, and I think Tony's overreacting at Chris was because he knew he had been caught.
>>
>>81434006
Chris in the earlier seasons had this glorified view of the mafia. Basically he thought of it like The Godfather films with sacred oaths and secret society and whatnot. In reality, as he later came to understand, it was just a bunch of sweaty fat people in the back of a stripclub and a pork store. Tony was grooming Chris to be middle management (which Tony should have realized that Chris was not smart enough for), but Chris just wanted the swagger and glory.

Being a good mobster and wanting fame don't mix. Chris was alienated and depressed as fuck and didn't have enough impulse control or brains to not keep fucking up. Little Carmine was dumber than Chris (don't meem me on this), yet managed to just lay low and do nothing in particular, which should have been Chris' long term plan.
>>
>>81434183
And to think that the one time Tony actually DIDN'T do something, he still gets the fucking drama.

Also, why do I get the feeling that if a Capo in New York had shot Lupertazzi's car up, and then clicked the empty gun at him, the Capo would be dead within the hour.

I don't blame New York for looking down on the Sopranos family as "pygmy shit".
>>
>>81434184
Tony killed Chris, but he also killed him over the years. Crushing his dreams of writing, judging him for his addiction while at the same time criticizing him for stayin clean, being one step away for fucking his fiancée then having her executed. Tony was a piece of shit
>>
>>81434184
Little Carmine is really dumb, I love his quotes

>"You're very observant: the sacred and the propane."

>"You're at a precipice of an enormous crossroads."
>>
>>81434278
Tony just constantly wanted Chris to be under his thumb, dependent.

Tony couldn't better himself, and if Chris in any way made progress, that just lessened Tony's power over him.
>>
>>81434297
I can't remember the exact line, but I die every time Carmine says "A pint of blood costs more than a gallon of gold", cut to Tony wincing and rolling his eyes.

Johnny Sack calling him a disgusting retarded cocksucker is also hilarious every time.
>>
>>81434264
Everybody knows that while Tony didn't do it, he would have. The intent was there.
>>
File: Adriana_La_Cerva.jpg (140KB, 620x940px) Image search: [Google]
Adriana_La_Cerva.jpg
140KB, 620x940px
Why didn't he just take the FBI deal and go away with Adriana? Do you think he even gave it serious consideration or did he love the gangster life too much?

Also did he have many "underlings"? I know Paulie and Sil had lots but did Christopher have like his own "family" or something since he was a made guy? Like grunts working directly for him?
>>
>>81434183
And because he needs to retain the support of everybody else. If the others know that Tony tried to get with Chris's bird then the others might try and plot against him. At the very least they'll start asking questions, "do we want this sort of guy leading the family? Maybe we should try and get somebody else in there"

It's lonely at the top and the king always has to make sure those below him are on his side. Or he'll get overthrown.
>>
>>81434384
Chris has a line in season 6, he says something about Tony getting his teeth wet, so fucking dumb.

And while little Carmine is stupid, he played the field. At the end, there's a good chance he would be boss of the family. Or Butchie, but still.

"Historically, historical changes have come from war"
>>
>>81434450
>
fucking brainless the second
>>
File: Pasquale_Patsy_Parisi.jpg (5KB, 171x256px) Image search: [Google]
Pasquale_Patsy_Parisi.jpg
5KB, 171x256px
So Patsy played the long game, steady earner, married the boss's daughter with his own son, and when Tony died he took over, right? Possible even planned Tony's hit himself?
>>
File: 1482532444893.jpg (61KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
1482532444893.jpg
61KB, 577x577px
>>81433775
>couldn't handle people making fun of him
This is true, but he was also got an unreasonable amount of shit even when he was a made guy.

>unable to handle the murder.. more people he kills more heroin he uses.

I don't think that's true at all. He uses more like any addict, when he wants to feel good, usually to escape workplace stress. But murder had nothing to do with his stress, he is an absolute sociopath in that regard.

If anything Tony struggles with his murders, all the dreams, trying to justify Christopher's murder etc.

Chris is my favorite character in the show but ultimately he can't beat his addiction and it costs him his life.
>>
>>81434395
Christopher isn't allowed to have underlings again after Chip and Dale tried to kill him.
>>
File: 1491563549872.jpg (27KB, 240x314px) Image search: [Google]
1491563549872.jpg
27KB, 240x314px
>>81433547

>tfw you get BTFO so hard by Paulie that you turn to drugs to cope with the anal ravaging and end up getting killed by your boss
>>
File: i get it.jpg (47KB, 958x551px) Image search: [Google]
i get it.jpg
47KB, 958x551px
So what exactly did Tony "get" on his Peyote trip?
>>
>>81434580
This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gLW5ICEnik

Paulie truly drove him over the edge
>>
>>81434391
yes and only because he knew chris wouldnt get it out of his mind of what happenes with tony and adri and didnt want ten years to go by and chris clips him
>>
>>81434484
Patsy is underrated
https://youtu.be/2GCQnTPF4_o
>>
File: myarchnemesis.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
myarchnemesis.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
Finn Detrolio...My arch nemesis...
>>
>>81433547
his mother was a whore
>>
File: marone.jpg (12KB, 261x217px) Image search: [Google]
marone.jpg
12KB, 261x217px
>>81434833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEI71lvQGYQ
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (26KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
26KB, 960x720px
>>81434639
He understood what was in the briefcase.
>>
>>81434639
nothing, it's pretty clear in the next episode that it's just Tony making up meaning for his bullshit behaviour when he's telling the story to the guys.
>>
>>81434833
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZcwW31LEqh4
>>
i'm not crying, i just have water in my eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPxSLXTWy-E
>>
>>81433812
>any gunshot wounds or broken kneecaps?

fuck I love Mafia intimidation so much.
>>
is there a single other show that does finales better than this? Just finished season 2 again

>That foreshadowing of the horse racing with Pussys ring and Dave Scatino asking Tony if hes ever ridden a horse

>Dave passing the gambling bug onto Tony with his mention of Vegas

>That as always perfect music choice for the credits
>>
>>81434639
One of the big themes in Season 6B is that Tony keeps running into money problems through his obsession over money. He desperately wants cash and he keeps fucking himself up with gambling and bad debts and shit he should be able to control but he can't.

Then he goes to Vegas, does peyote and goes down to the roulette table completely fucked up with a 10/10 on his arm and just throws down some cash for the fuck of it and ends up winning tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of dollars. I think he understands that if he stops obsessing over the details in life and just lives without trying to be in control all the time then he will be better off.
>>
>Carmela, I know I just killed Chri- I mean Chris just passed away in a tragic accident, but I need to go to an urgent business meeting in Las Vegas

>proceeds to drink, gamble, do mushrooms, and fuck Chris' ex

Tony really was the most complete cunt, wasn't he?
>>
>>81435297
When I first saw the series, I figured that now that he had gotten rid of "one of the biggest mistakes/problems in his professional life", he was in for some good luck. Chris was a negative lucky-charm. That was what he got.

Now after seeing the show a few times, "I get it" loses more meaning every single time. He is just having a false epiphany signifying nothing other than narcissism.

That's at least how I feel about it.
>>
File: 1491120466205.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491120466205.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>81433812

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWuUvl5H5I

PARADE FLOAT
>>
>>81435360
I think Tony was basically a 16 year old boy in a mans body. He just wanted to have fun and do whatever he wanted without any consequences.
>>
>>81435435
I could definitely see that, but I think he did come to an amazing epiphany and then forgot it when he sobered up. I've done peyote and acid and shrooms and every time I think I've come to some amazing, life-changing viewpoint but then I forget it completely the next day. I think Tony could have come to an amazing conclusion about something in his life and then immediately forget about it.
>>
>>81433547

Junkie.

>>81433775
You're high.
>>81434552
You too.

Christopher was deadly. He was a great shot. He was the guy who was your go-to for getting rid of a body. Pauline would have been killed b the Russian if not for Chris. The guy got ambushed twice in the show, once a drive by and the other time he was sitting down facing a shotgun, both times outnumbered. They each ended with Chris making a headshot on someone and the rest fleeing in failure. In the shotgun incident, he executed one of them after chasing him down, a kid, after the kid takes his mask off and pleads for his life telling Chris everything Chris shoots him in the face right in the middle of the street.

Christopher was a junkie. That's all, a product of his generation and a sample of why the mob is dying. Christopher told Tony not to idolize Chris' dad because he was a junkie, and that's all he was. And so was Chris. Tony saw that in the accident, that Chris would never stop and would keep fucking up, that his plans for Chris would fail because he isn't dependable. He is competent, just not reliable.
>>
>>81435067
Is being responsible for this worth it for Finn to get that sweet perfectly thicc Mead pussy?
>>
>>81434066
I feel like Paulie always viewed him like a brother
>>
WATCH IT CHRISSY
>>
File: meadz.webm (3MB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
meadz.webm
3MB, 500x720px
>>81436025
ye
>>
>>81433929
What really seals the deal for Chrissy, is that conversation with him and Tony over the grill at Chrissy's new house "stately Wayne Manor". The way Chrissy describes his father as an alcoholic junkie who squirted whatever the fuck up his arm, completely, finally, shatters the image of the legend of Dickie Moltisanti. Tony realizes then that Dickie was never any more than Chrissy right then and there. An alcoholic, a junkie. In that moment the real emotional bond between the two of them is shattered and Chrissy is nothing to Tony any more.

In all likelihood its entirely possible Johnny Boy had Dickie killed for reasons similar to why Tony killed Chrissy. He was an unreliable drug addict who couldn't be trusted.
>>
>>81434450
For some reason I just can't see Butchie being the boss of New York for very long, he reminded me a lot of Silvio being a guy who works more in the shadows.
>>
>>81434006
They actually aren't blood related at all. He's Carmela's 2nd cousin through Dickie Moltisanti and he's Tony Blundetto's 2nd or 3rd cousin through his mother Joanie, who is Tony B's cousin. Tony Soprano and Chrissy Moltisanti don't share any blood. It's a bit more complicated than I've laid out, but it's along those lines.
>>
>>81434833
I never understood why the fireman was attracted to Vito
>>
>>81433547
Drug addicts lack willpower and the ability to make good decisions.
>>
>>81434395
>>81434567
Chrissy most certainly had underlings, the earliest being Benny. He is made acting captain in season 4 when Paulie is arrested and is a captain outright by seasons 5 or 6.
>>
>>81436254
I thought to me that conversation was more about Christopher disregarding tradition and respecting those who came before you hence from then on Tony saw Christopher as part of the problem with the "next generation"
>>
>>81435996
>Chrissy and Albert gunning down Dino Zerilli as he pleads and begs for his life

one of the most OG moments in the show. The wildly different expressions on each of their faces.
>>
>>81436380
idk about any of that, it was mainly about the destruction of the hero image of Dickie Moltisanti built up in Tony's head and the true final sever between the two of them.
>>
>>81436319
yeah he was pretty good looking (no homo) I don't understand why he'd want to bum some morbidly obese greaser.
>>
>>81433547
H A M L E T
A
M
L
E
T
>>
>>81433823
Addiction was the general theme of Christopher. Alcohol, smokes and shooting H.
>>
>>81433547
He was overly ambitious but lacked the potential. He kept comparing himself (or his future self) to Tony, and for a while he did seem to become stable because he stopped trying too hard, but when he realized that he just didn't have what it took to be Tony he broke down altogether and brought his demise.
>>
Vito Spatafore is an ASS muncher
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 250x250px
you know Quasimodo predicted all this
>>
>>81436503
Fanooks appreciate the T H I C C as much as anyone else m8
>>
>>81435297

Tonys dad told him to never gamble.

Which he was doing, he just killed chris a made guy and faced no problems and basically got rid of problems (knowledge or ralphie, guilt of aidriana, etc)

Him winning along with peyote trip let him justify in his mind his heinous shit
>>
>>81434395
It's similar to Vito who also got a real chance to escape the mafia life into safe obscurity. Both chickened out in the end, mostly because it was too much work.
>>
>>81436691
Do you know how many times we were in the same bathroom together?
>>
>>81434450
I doubt Butchie became boss, just because he was Phil's second. It was either one of the other powerful capos or actually Little Carmine as a compromise.
>>
>>81434484
I accept this. It was dramatic.
>>
>>81437097
Man after that war NJ was fucked. Even if you accept that Tony lives, he's fucked. Carlo turning states witness is probably enough to bring RICO charges against him. The most senior member is Paulie. Silvio and Bobby B we're both major assets and they're gone. You've got Patsy, but shit, for all we know he was the one behind the hit on Tony. The Soprano crime family was fucked.

God damn carlo and his dipshit son fucking everything up
>>
I just want to thank you guys for these comfy sopranos threads. They keep me sane during a hard time in my life. I said my peace,go on and break my balls.
>>
>>81437750
you forget Uncle Jun
>>
>>81434395
He was going to do it until he saw the guy at the gas station with his family, looking miserable as hell. He couldn't give up the lifestyle.
>>
>>81437750
Which is why it makes sense he ordered the hit on Tony. Carlo probably had very little on Patsy. Patsy's son was a world class lawyer. Blame everything on the shithead Carlo and his cokehead kids - silently become a glorified crew for one of the other five families since the Lupertasi as basically done after the whole Phil Affair.
>>
>>81437880
Lol yeah he's gonna lead the family from the loony bin
>>
>>81434639
His idealization of the old times, of the "strong, silent type" : it's all bullshit. Which is why he gambled in this episode. He did something his father (a iconic figure of the old times for him) told him never to do.
>>
>>81437935
THEY'RE FUCKING STEALING MY EGGS, COCKSUCKER!
>>
>>81437914
Regardless of Phils dumbass leadership, The Lupertassi family has more button men at its disposal, and more senior members. But thinking about it, Phil was honestly just as shitty a boss as tony with his prison entitlement and anger ruining everything
>>
>>81434901
>me on the right
>>
>>81437979
Many button men - sure, but no leaders. That's why they had to fall back on the Shah. Lil Carmine was a glorified pimp and after Phil... who was going to lead? Butch? Toothless Coco? Their territory was already shrinking by the end.

Another series showing the Lupertassi consumed by another NY Family would have been better than Vinyl.
>>
>>81434639
this refers to what the professor guy says in the hospital about the two tornados not being seperate entities
tony "gets" that he's neither just the family guy nor just the cold mafia boss, but both at the same time
>>
>>81438100
It's a shame his brains ended up sprayed all over Carm and AJ.
>>
>>81433812

Would Tony be lucky if he still had his dick if she really sucked it during an accident like that?
>>
>>81434484

But Meadow and his son arent married at the end of the series, so no heritage stuff here
>>
How did Tony forget about the "remember the little things" statement he always said in the last episode? Maybe the start of dementia like uncle jun had?
>>
>>81436025

Finn isnt responsible at all
>>
>>81438257
>Would Tony be lucky if he still had his dick if she really sucked it during an accident like that?
Meadow was left without a Dad to pay for everything. Patsy's kid had cash.

I really think she dumped him to continue as a poor, probono lawyer for the moolies.
>>
File: jamielynn.jpg (30KB, 438x800px) Image search: [Google]
jamielynn.jpg
30KB, 438x800px
>>81438324
>>
>>81433812
Chrissy really was an ungrateful shit

>blundetto saves his life
>chrrisy doesn't care/says nothing against blundetto getting hit and encourages it
>>
>>81438404
Tony B was the only one in that fucking family who had balls aside from Tony S.
>>
>>81438441
>The Two Tonys never worked together
>Tony B was never Tony S's underboss
>the top 3 wasn't Tony, Tony B and Sil

>>81438404
Fuck Chrissy. He rages out when he thinks Tony is gonna have Tony B made, but forget that the guy was in the can for 15 years
>>
>>81438573
They would've won the war had the triumvirate ruled. The fucking Shah of Iran ruined the Lupertasi and Sopranos families with his shitty inferiority complex.
>>
>>81435360
>Tony really was the most complete cunt, wasn't he?
That's the point.
>>
>>81438611
Who the fuck are you calling the Shah of Iran you fucking scank
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvVHH230Ggo

One of Chrissy's finest moments?
>>
>>81438702
>Phil Retardo
>>
File: 1491421168270.png (1MB, 1111x938px) Image search: [Google]
1491421168270.png
1MB, 1111x938px
On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is it for someone to have watched The Godfather 1 and 2 and Goodfellas before watching The Sopranos?
>>
>>81438804
four maybe five
>>
>>81438804
Watch Goodfellas
>>
>>81433812

>I gotta live in the world

Fuck, this show's writing was so good
>>
>>81438804
four
>>
>>81438353
>Meadow
tfw no EYEtalian gf
>>
File: 4Chan~Sopranos.jpg (73KB, 1266x444px) Image search: [Google]
4Chan~Sopranos.jpg
73KB, 1266x444px
>>81433547
This is what makes me check out /tv/ threads more than anything else!
I just need to find out how the fuck this thread got SO off topic...
>>
>>81438780
20 fucking years for this shit
>>
>>81438988
Is this advanced b8?
>>
>>81433547
>implying you don't know a guy like that in real life
>>
>>81439081
Not at all, /tv/ threads go awry more often than not on some minute detail that evolves into it's own thing & leaves the OP's query in the dust...
But then I just have to read it to find out "why"?
>>
File: 1491113292293.jpg (39KB, 1080x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1491113292293.jpg
39KB, 1080x1087px
>>81439177
Shit can only think of myself
>>
File: towknee.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
towknee.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>81439206
you cannot bamboozle me
>>
>>81439015
> Leonardo was a great Italian and that was our name originally, Leonardo. But many years ago, when my grandpa came over from Sicily, they changed it at Ellis Island from Leonardo to Leotardo. Because they're stupid, that's why. And jealous. They disrespected a proud Italian heritage, and named us after a ballet costume.
>>
>>81434639
Tony finally realised he never had the makings of a varsity athlete
>>
>>81433775
After a while it was drugs doing the driving for him.
>>
>>81437886
Or the smack
>>
File: THEBLOODYintensifies.png (149KB, 357x358px) Image search: [Google]
THEBLOODYintensifies.png
149KB, 357x358px
>>81439404
>no more a dis
>>
>>81433547
his 'arch' was neive young mobster who wanted recognition and idealized the mafia to experienced bitter captain who hates the mafia.
>>
File: 2.jpg (10KB, 236x497px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
10KB, 236x497px
>>81439740
I would berry my dick so far inside your ass who ever could pull it out would be crowned king arthur.
>>
>>81436319
>truth
Unless he had some kind of fatty bear fetish.

DIAMINDS
>>
>>81433547
Never had the makings of a varsity athlete
>>
...G-G-GA-..

GABA
GFAB
GHHH

FOOL?
L O
GOOL

GOOL'D
GOA'ULD
BLACKED
GABAGAGOAULD
>>
>>81443500
xD xD U (PBOATED
Up ↑
Up ↑

↑↑↑↑ Up
&
DOWN
↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙ ↚ ↛ ↮
↔ ↕ ↖ ↗ ↘ ↙ ↚ ↛ ↮
Down
then
UP
UPBOATED
xD xD best post of the year 2016
>>
Meadow had the best character development.

the way Tony completely manipulated her into what she became is so sickening to watch
>>
>>81443500
>>81443570
fuck off samefag ⬰
>>
File: Tony Beret.png (612KB, 1085x610px) Image search: [Google]
Tony Beret.png
612KB, 1085x610px
>>81439404
>mfw I discovered the whole thing of names being changed at Ellis Island is a complete myth and it didn't happen in reality
>>
OHHHH
*points with two fingers*
WATCH IT CHRISSY
*loses shoes*
YOU HEA WAT I SAID TONE?
*laughs manically at television*
HEH HEH
*gets cucked by Johnny Sack*
FUCKIN QUEERS
>>
File: Frank Vincent Chicago Overcoat.jpg (208KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Vincent Chicago Overcoat.jpg
208KB, 640x360px
>>81443801
delet this
>>
>>81443887
Sublime post
>>
>>81443801
It actually did though, just not a lot I guess. My grandmother's maiden name and her own mother's maiden name were Italian'd out with lots of vowels but neither were altered on the Island.
>>
>>81443589
Even though she was more annoying in earlier seasons, you could see that she was a lot more critical of Tony's lifestyle, and then later on she starts rationalizing the mob life the same way everyone else does, it's really depressing. This scene is one of the first times you see Meadow becoming just like the rest of her family:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NcpYe9XZfg

One of the running themes in the Sopranos is that every character has created such a wall of bullshit rationalization around them that when they're directly confronted with a hard truth, they straight up refuse to accept it. For example when Carmela's therapist refuses to accept her money and tells her to leave Tony immediately and she doesn't, or any of the times Melfi is directly critical of Tony's behavior and he just spergs out by breaking her table or calling her a cunt.
>>
Chris has a conscious takes drugs because he does bad things repeat cycle
>>
>>81443979
Ahhh shes so hard to watch , cringe as hell
>>
File: paulie.jpg (125KB, 2000x1150px) Image search: [Google]
paulie.jpg
125KB, 2000x1150px
SHE'S A MALIGNANT CUNT

SCUSE ME FOR SAYING SO
>>
>>81443801
It did happen, They cut my polish last name in half. It's much worse now.

>tfw you relate to Phil
>>
File: tony with horse.png (444KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
tony with horse.png
444KB, 720x416px
>>81437863
>>
Why didn't melfi tell tony about the rape?
>>
>>81434278
>criticizing him for stayin clean
what?
>>
>>81443959
>>81444188
https://www.thoughtco.com/ancestors-name-changed-at-ellis-island-1421859
Nope, your relatives probably just decided to do it themselves
>>
>>81445672
If you could read though I said my relatives had long and obviously foreign names and they got through unaltered
>>
>>81433547
He was a gen X urban retard
>>
he wasnt loyle to his capo
>>
>>81444822
Ethics?
>>
>>81445775
whoops, I skimmed your post and because you said "they did" i assumed you were citing your family as an example
>>
>>81441614
and it would be no cock either
>>
>>81433812
drunk and unruly or not, Tony Siragusa should have been puninshed for talking to a made guy like that
>>
>>81434184
This reminds me of Scarface when Frank was telling Tony how the guys who last in this business are the smart ones who keep their head down and take orders (paraphrasing), and that the tough guys who want flash and pizzazz and all the glitz and glamor, they don't last.
>>
>>81444938
uncle pat's farm episode
>>
What are some of the moments in the show that stick with you? Obviously for any fan of the show there'll be a lot of them, but I'd like to hear some specific examples from you guys.

1) When Carmella told Tony that she talked to him when he was was in the coma and she told him she loved him. When she asks, "do you remember that?" Tony tells her no.

2) Tony and Uncle Junior sitting on the couch at the end of "Where's Johnny?" Tony says that maybe Junior doesn't know what he's saying all the time, and asks why he can't repeat something nice for a change. He asks, "don't you love me?" This is probably the hardest hitting scene in the show for me. I've had several relatives who had Alzheimer's and Chianese's portrayal of the disease is incredibly accurate.

3) Chris driving back from Uncle Pat's farm and seeing him start to cry. No matter what scene or who's involved, Chris is always the lowest point on the triangle.

Too many more to list. Tell me some of yours.
>>
It's time. List your top five.

1) Whitecaps
2) Cold Cuts
3) Irregular Around the Margins
4) Soprano Home Movies
5) The Strong, Silent Type
>>
File: sopranos3[1].jpg (72KB, 1279x724px) Image search: [Google]
sopranos3[1].jpg
72KB, 1279x724px
>>81446803
>Whitecaps
>remembering the names of episodes
>remembering what happens in individual episodes
>>
>>81433547
I think the point of this show is that you're supposed to hate every single character by the end of it
>>
>>81446547
When Silvio can't remember why Ralphie killed Tracy.

Tony waking up in his hotel in Florida and going out to the balcony.

Tony disgusted at seeing Paulie on the edge of the bed laughing at a sitcom.
>>
I've been watching individual episodes and loads of clips on Youtubes but I really need to give it a full rewatch soon, hopefully over the summer.

How many times have you all rewatched it? I know there's some people who have seen it a ridiculous amount of times
>>
>>81434484

Didn't Patsy almost pull the trigger on Tony?
>>
File: 1491152866515.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491152866515.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
This is now a Phil Leotardo thread
>>
>>81446973
Over a dozen times. It's my favorite show.
>>
File: gabagoos internally.jpg (62KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
gabagoos internally.jpg
62KB, 1024x576px
>>81446868
>he hasn't watched Sopranos start to finish 15 + times
>he hasn't seen some episodes as many as 50 times
>he can't name his top 25 favorite episodes off the top of his head

fanook
>>
>>81446973
I'm on my 8th. I kinda wish I was joking, but I'm not. I still manage to see new things or perspectives each time. It's so fucking good.
>>
anyone else disappointed melfie didnt tell tony about the rape?

I wanted to see tony beat the shit out of him, if he did it. Shes not family but still someone close to tony.
>>
>>81446973
In the middle of what is probably my 5th rewatch right now actually. But I bounce around, I started with season 4, went to Season 6B, then 6A, then 3, now I'm watching 5.

I do this with my TV shows, is that autistic?
>>
>>81447117
That was the point. A normal show would've had her tell Tony. She didst because it's out of character for her. Also:
>if he did it
>>
>>81447150
you're on an anime image board...everything you do is autistic now
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p5PC2v-6YA
"Paulie wants it to be known, its on him...but he dindu nuthin"
Top fucking kek
>>
>>81446547
>Tony B and Christofuh bonding in the car going up to the farm, specifically the line where Tony B tells him "they used to call me Ichabod Crane"
>Tony's girlfriend Irina saying "Where is my knight in white satin armor" in the episode College
>The Russian mobster who yells at Janice after retrieving Svetlana's leg "Fuck you, you are callous!"
goddamnit I wanted someone to yell that at Janice the entire series

there are plenty of quotes that I remember as they come up when I'm rewatching it though.
>>
>>81446547

Phillip Parisi getting whacked. Really caught me out of left field how casual it was.
>>
>>81444822
She didn't want to be "in debt" to a sociopath
>>
>>81447343
spoons deserved it
>>
>>81447343
Then there's the part in the season 3 premiere where Patsy breaks down crying at lunch and the look Gigi has on his face was great, it was almost heartbreaking.

I wlaways wonder how the actor who played Gigi felt about his character's death
>oh we're going to kill you off this season by the way
>oh cool like in some gangster shootout? Or will I get into some season-long arc with Tony where he is forced to put a hit out on me?
>no, you're going to eat too much Thanksgiving dinner and die on the toilet shitting your brains out
>>
>>81447540
>oh and when vito checks your pulse, he's gonna tug your dick slightly, don't worry about it
>>
>>81438804

I've watched like half of the Sopranos and picked up enough of the lingo to make me want to watch the Godfather which I did yesterday. I don't think it's necessary to watch at all, but it is a fucking great film and the obvious spiritual successor/origin to the Sopranos.
>>
>>81447540
I read an interview somewhere with the actor, John Fiore, who said he was proud, in a funny way, of Gigi's death because it stands out among the loads of other standard tier traditional deaths in the Sopranos and other mob media
>>
But dis thing wit the dawg, HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE IT ON THE CHAIR?
>>
>>81437914

Tony ordered the hit on Tony. If there was a hit.
>>
File: DONT STOP.jpg (44KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
DONT STOP.jpg
44KB, 580x326px
>>81446803
Probably

1) Made In America
2) Funhouse
3) The Strong Silent Type
4) Join The Club/ Mayham
5) Kennedy and Heidi

It's hard to do a top 5 for Sopranos because every single episode is great (Besides A Hit Is A Hit).
>>
>>81437863
> my peace
>>
>>81447540

That's how a lot of people die, though. Pushing a shit out. It either causes a heart attack or stroke.

>the sitting toilet is the worst invention of man
>>
>>81447803

Even A Hit Is a Hit has some bright spots.
>>
>>81433812
masterpiece of a show.
>>
>>81447803
Christopher is the worst episode of the show. I actually like A Hit is a Hit because I like Bokeem Woodbine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B77ym0cWVmA
>>
>>81448008
Christopher is a better episode based on this scene alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y44fIKY5O10
>>
>>81446803
My top 5 changes pretty much everytime cause there are so many good ones but here goes:

1) Long Term Parking
2) The Second Coming
3) Whoever Did This
4) Funhouse
3) Amour Fou

I realize my top 5 are all super eventful episodes, but I also really enjoy the quieter episodes like House Arrest.
>>
>>81446803
1) Funhouse
2) Long Term Parking
3) From Where to Eternity
4) Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood
5) College
>>
Don't talk to me or my wife's 90 lb ass mole ever again.
>>
>>81434278
Beautiful post. I never thought about their relationship being this toxic. Was Tony ANY better than his mother?
>>
When I came in to open up one morning there you were with your head half in the toilet.

Your hair was in the toilet water.

Disgusting.
>>
File: 1429047994483.png (623KB, 623x812px) Image search: [Google]
1429047994483.png
623KB, 623x812px
>>81447617
>>
>>81436748
Thank god I thought I wouldn't see it
>>
>>81434278

All he did was tell him he could choose screenwriting or being in the mob. Any other boss would have had him killed just for that.

He was never criticized for staying clean. He was criticized for being a wet blanket all the time.

He didn't fuck Ade and that's all there is to it. What makes you think Ade would fuck him anyway?

Tony was a piece of shit. Chris was an even bigger one.
>>
>>81438353
Literally a 4/10
>>
https://youtu.be/rm7sTC214wQ

Fucking hilarious scene
>>
>>81448217
>Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood

Really? In my opinion this episode was one of the weakest. It's fun seeing the FBI's perspective for the first time but practically nothing happens in this one, especially since the plot with the bugged lamp ends up going nowhere.
>>
>>81446547
2 and 3 hit me really hard too.

No matter how many times I see it, I am ALWAYS surprised that Janice kills Richie.
>>
>>81448269
his mother didn't give a shit about ducks or horses
>>
>>81438804
You don't have to watch them, but it will give you a reference point for what the mob is popularized as.
Plus, the guys directly reference the Godfather and Goodfellas many times throughout the series.
>>
>>81448688
I loved the use of music and I thought it was fascinating to see the show from the perspective of the FBI. It's probably the only episode where Tony is basically a side character
>>
File: 1486927251518.jpg (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486927251518.jpg
125KB, 600x600px
>>81438804
>tfw you have never watched godfather 1 or 2 or the goodfellas OR sopranos

take your shitty pleddit shows BACK to rebbit
>>
>>81446803
>>81447803
>>81448128
>>81448217
>no mention of Pine Barrens
Who else realized this the darkest comedy to ever air, while being the greatest tragedy?
>>
Why did Tony's mother want him killed?
>>
File: Tony pulp.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tony pulp.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>81448765
Best comedy of all time m8.
>>
>>81448765
Pine Barrens is in my top 10, just not my top 5. That episode is funny as shit.

>I'LL LEAVE YOU HERE YOU ONE-SHOE COCKSUCKER
>>
>>81448785
I keep rewatching season 1 for this exact reason. I think a less discussed theme or mortif of the show is the role of women in developing the actions of these men despite being so in the dark. A part of me thinks Livia and Johnny were having two seperate conversations (there's definitely moments in the show where each character isn't really talking to the other person, but instead using them to talk to themselves). She's so insistent on her husband being a saint, so maybe she really did not appreciate the full impact of those conversations, nor did Tony or Johnny grasp her delusion. But then they way she treats Tony sometimes...
>>
>>81448785
>>81448959
I think ultimately it comes down to miscommunication, which is the cause of every beef presented between characters. People existing in their own heads and unwilling to push outward.
>>
>>81448785
She felt he disrespected her by not treating her as the Queen in Charge. She felt deposed, a passing thought. She already had an inferiority complex. When Tony sent her to live somewhere other than her home it was an insult beyond words. How do the Mafia deal with insults?
>>
>>81448765
Don't get me wrong Pine Barrens is great but, I personally don't rank it in my Sopranos top 5.
>>
>>81449643
>>81448857
Fair. Respect your opinions.
>>
If Jackie Jr.'s team hadn't opened fire in the poker game, would he have been on a fast track given he's the son of the former boss?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lxk0PiYSqc
>>
>>81450537
Don't think he had the know it how or the smarts, couldn't even get through one semester, he was slow and his ego was too big
>>
>>81450537
Probably not, even if he pulled it off successfully nobody really respected Jackie because he was such a retard. I get the feeling when Tony was young he was likable and ballsy, which is why it worked for him. Jackie was just too dumb and too eager so its a different context for him
>>
>>81451184
>Don't think he had the know it how or the smarts,

Chrissie and Lil Carmine weren't einsteins either and they were made men
>>
File: 213125421512.jpg (21KB, 377x325px) Image search: [Google]
213125421512.jpg
21KB, 377x325px
Watch it chrissy
>>
>>81437886
The guy with the family was what Chrissy wanted. Ade couldn't have kids, so he gave up on her.
>>
>>81450537
Hell no he was a complete dumb fuck.

>>81451244
Helps that Tony's dad and uncle were top ranking members of the DiMeo crime family at that time and running their own crews, remember Junior and Johnny boy were essentially running Jersey.

Jackie Jr had nobody from his family left in the game and had fucked Tony over wayyy too many times.
>>
>>81434484
Patsy is the one that killed tony, so indeed
>>
File: 1490491251381.png (450KB, 495x642px) Image search: [Google]
1490491251381.png
450KB, 495x642px
>>81452203
Proof?
>>
Is there anything sadder than when uncle junior starts to go senile
>>
>>81452541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9OsHsLJ28
>>
>>81452554
There's nothing sadder than Uncle Jun' in general
>>
>>81447052
>Not able to order every episode from 1-86 greatest to good.

Fucking plebs.
>>
>>81448502
Criticized for being a wet blanket is the same thing as being criticized for staying clean. Stop rationalizing Tony's behavior.

Yeah Tony didn't fuck ade, but they were together at 2 am to get coke, and from the scene at ades club it's pretty obvious they wanted to fuck. Chris was Tony's mob son, and it says a lot about how tony feels about his ACTUAL son that tony straight up murders Chris. Tony had so many opportunities to talk to Chris and make things right, but he didn't. Chris is one of the most tragic characters in the show, and it's a shame he didn't leave with Ade when he got the chance.
>>
>>81452667
He was such a fucking mummy
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.