[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your honest opinion on Louie? No memes, and nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: louie-season-4-dvd-363_1000.jpg (105KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
louie-season-4-dvd-363_1000.jpg
105KB, 1000x1000px
What is your honest opinion on Louie? No memes, and nothing to do with his standup. Just the show, what do you guys think of it?

I think it falls down the same trap of other semi-autobiographical shows where it just gets way too self-indulgent, but i still think it's one of the most well produced and fully realized comedy shows ever made.

Example:
https://youtu.be/NW6O_Jv5vfg

Scenes like that. Also the divorcee that offers to suck his dick if he goes to Ikea with her is another good one.
>>
It's not only unrealistic, it's boring. Donald Glover is a much better writer.
>>
>>81412004
>Unrealistic

How?
>>
>>81412034
>divorcee that offers to suck his dick if he goes to Ikea with her
Culled from OP. Didn't even need to rewatch the show.

That's just dumb. Women aren't whores.
>>
i think it's great, you can really see how much creative freedom louie got doing the show

the bully episode is fantastic and there are not many shows that would have an 8 minute scene of a group of people talking about gay group sex. same thing with the robin williams episode, that was really special. it's not very consistent but when it lights up i think it's worth it.
>>
>>81412087
>women aren't whores

i-is this bait
>>
Doug Stanhope episode was the best
>>
Brilliant show. Somehow simultaneously soul-crushingly depressing and hilarious, with so much to learn from. C.K. is a comedy god.
>>
>>81411955
Love the show. Those several episodes about that woman in his building who doesn't speak English were really good.
>>
>>81411955
His whole thing is getting pretty tired. I get it, you're a single fat middle aged guy with two daughters.
>>
He's flying, by cuckpower, to the interracial breeding grounds.
>>
>>81413315
kek
>>
Telekinography, just beautiful. I enjoy it a lot more than his standup. He's a talented writer/director, etc, almost Lynchian at times.
>>
>>81411955
I enjoyed the first two seasons and it's visually very impressive. After that though, it gets old very fast.

I actually liked Horace and Pete more than Louie season 3 and onward, solely because in H&P shit actually happens and the plot moves forward.
>>
>>81413415
This is the problem with the auteur. Nobody can tell them they're being crazy and they produce a consistent vision unlike anything you can find elsewhere. Problem is that after a bit nobody can tell them they are being boring either.
>>
>>81411955
I'm a hopeless romantic so I loved the show up until that episode where he got raped and then dumped and it was meant to be funny.
>>
>>81413415
You missed ambitious seasons and narratives.
>>
>>81411955
I don't love Louie's stand up or him as a person but I can begrudgingly admit that his show is almost perfect. It is unique, creative, and it really does make you feel things in an interesting and non condescending way.

Most people 'hate' Louie because of weird meme alt-right cuck hate. At least the dude is upfront and honest, like a man, about his opinions and being garbage.
>>
>>81413568
It's not honest at all, he acts like he's some everyman and he's very talented and has 20 million dollars. Chris Rock is much more honest he doesn't pretend he's still poor.
>>
>>81413654
What? So you can't be an every man and be talented or rich and write from the lifetime of experience that you had without success?

His honesty comes from his depression, hatred of people and himself, and general disdain for life while just trying to make it through. If he is not being honest about his portrayal and hatred of self then there is not much honesty in anything. And there isn't much honesty in life, especially Hollywood. As far as honesty goes he is a lot closer to it then the rest.
>>
>>81412087
>Women aren't whores.

Here's a pity (You) because I'm in a good mood.
>>
>>81411955

It's unique while remaining coherent and not devolving too far into surreal gibberish.
>>
First 2 seasons are great, then it just looks like he decided to make every single thing he thought about into an episode, without making it exciting or interesting in any way
>>
Last season or two has been shit. Before that it was pretty good.
>>
>>81411955
i fucking love the show, season 1 & 2 are almost perfect.
>>
Season 3 is the best balance between comedy and drama. 1 and 2 are probably funnier but his acting and directing is a lot worse. S3 is perfect.
>>
>>81414749
>or two
That arc with him as a kid with Jeremy Renner? that could have been a move on its own.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.