[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this any good? or is it just riding the coattails of The Vikings.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 1489211386901.jpg (161KB, 1286x726px) Image search: [Google]
1489211386901.jpg
161KB, 1286x726px
Is this any good? or is it just riding the coattails of The Vikings. The main character looks like a fag. It's BBC so I can expect stronk women, gay sex, and niggers in positions of power in medieval England.
>>
It's alright.
>>
>>81404036
I like it more than vikings, I still love vikings tho. But something about this show got me hooked instantly. Watched the whole thing in a day. I recommend
>>
>>81404036
The most recent episode is what Battle of the Bastards wishes it was.
>>
>>81404036
You have a very small penis.
>>
>>81404703
It's an average 6.5", hope that helps your penis obsession.
>>
>>81404036
Just your standard literal cookie cutter formula show that BBC has done hundred times before.
>>
>>81404036
its good
>>
File: 1491302917037.png (350KB, 491x438px) Image search: [Google]
1491302917037.png
350KB, 491x438px
>book uhtred is a 6ft 3 blonde haired blue eyed warrior
>show uhtred is a brown eyed manlet wearing wake up with a shit beard
>>
>>81404036

Decent show. Some 'strong women' characters, but they're not painfully in your face or even especially unrealistic.
>>
Historical fiction kino.
>>
>>81404036
It's alright, but that abbot asshole character is such a badly written cliche, just in there to piss everyone off.
And the pussy new king is a bland retard and hasn't complained about being a slave once.

TL:DR Good show with some badly written characters
>>
>>81406882
watch ep 3:)

what I like about this show is that they end the storylines that they start in one episode
>>
It's okay for some old timey swords and shit. But the protag can be an annoying cunt at times and it feels like half his problems are because he won't shut up about having a blood feud for five minutes and if he could just manage to keep his head down/not constantly piss everyone around him off because muh blood feud he'd have gotten everything he wanted by now due to his military skills and leadership ability.
>>
>>81407089
he's a mary sue
>>
It's irredeemable garbage. Watch lindybeige's video on this
>>
>>81407825
>watch this autismal larper
>>
>>81404036

it was so fucking boring
>>
Its an Uhtred hasn't learned any lessons from his previous escapades episode
>>
>>81407909
If he was capable of doing that he'd be the fucking king of Northumbria by now and a key part of Alfred's vision for a unified England.
>>
File: ur_a_faget.gif (1MB, 640x325px) Image search: [Google]
ur_a_faget.gif
1MB, 640x325px
>"Historical" drama
>everything is gray and bleak and characters have anachronistically modern attitudes to appeal to middlebrows
>>
It is the only old-timey modern show I've liked. The characters feel very real, but I do agree that Uthred gets out of too many close-calls by the end of it.
>>
>Now Uhtred, you have two choices: say nothing, make everything better for everyone and generally live in peace forever or you can open your mouth and start a war, get people killed you probably beaten but you may escape with your life and we'll do this all again in about a week. Oh, you've picked option 2 again. Very well.
>>
>>81409016
kek
>>
>>81404036
I like it a lot, but I'm also a big history fan, so any period piece usually clicks with me. He does look and feel a little out of place, but that's probably because all the vikings are big, strong badasses and he's a skinny little pretty boy bitch bottom... but the fact that he's not one of them and is actually a saxon kind of makes up for it.
>>
>>81404638
>I still love vikings tho

Vikings has descended into total shit.
>>
>>81404036
Read the books, never watched the show. Definitely one of Cornwell's shittier works.
>>
>>81409016
It's not even "live in peace" it's "keep your mouth shut and get everything you ever wanted" and he picks fuck it all up. Every. Damn. Time.
>>
I liked it, the central characters are all great.
>>
>>81404036
It's comfortably better than Vikings.
>>
>>81409959
>>81409660
>>81409016
yeah what a real mary sue as other people have claimed
>>
>>81406128
more accurate

people were tiny as hell back then

ever see King Henry VIIIth armor? looks like a baby gap jacket
>>
>>81409959
>everything you ever wanted
Bebbanburg is all he wants, which nobody is willing to help him with even though two kings are in his debt.
>>
Season 2 out yet?
>>
>>81410158
What he wants is fucking stupid and changes every week.
>>
>>81407825
what the bearded faggot with shit taste in jumpers
>>
>>81410169
yeah bro, its a big improvement on the first one, ragnar and kjartans fight was done well.
>>
File: HENRY-VIII-GRAPHIC[1].gif (11KB, 461x253px) Image search: [Google]
HENRY-VIII-GRAPHIC[1].gif
11KB, 461x253px
>>81410142
>King Henry VIIIth armor
He was 6'1" He just got fatter and fatter.
>>
>>81410271
Needs to hit netflix, pronto.
>>
>>81410271
I might have to shill out to Netflix when it hits
>>
>>81410489
yeah do it, second season is better, also his irish sidekick finnan joins him, one of the better characters in the books.
>>
>>81404036
I wonder if they're ever going to make a show set in the viking age, where the vikings actually feel like vikings. Most of the shows and movie based on vikings feel more like fantasy soap operas.
I'm guessing the viking fad will end before we ever get a show with an air of authenticity.

On that note, whatever happened to Mel Gibson's viking project?
>>
>>81410605
Nobody will watch a show about Vikings because they were cunts.
>>
>>81404036
Not as good as the books
>>
File: IMG_0389.png (780KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0389.png
780KB, 640x1136px
>>81408066
>fiction
>expects dogmatic adherence to historical accuracy
>>
>>81404036
Season 2 is surprisingly good so far. Love the pacing of that show.
>>
>>81410142
Not in the 900's
>>
>>81410158
Oh come on, if he'd just shut up and led armies around for Alfred he'd have Bebbangurg and his blood feud and half the fucking north of England at this point.

And it's not always that. Every week his reason for being a contrary idiot changes and he fucks everything up for everybody for no good reason and then somehow comes out of it unscathed and learns nothing from it all.
>>
>>81410652
Wouldn't that make you feel right at home?
>>
>>81410605
>I wonder if they're ever going to make a show set in the viking age, where the vikings actually feel like vikings

Modern audiences literally couldn't handle the amount of rape, torture, and gore of real vikings. These were people who cut out the lungs of living people and lived in a culture where every life had a gold price and three-quarters of the population were expendable chattel slaves that were occasionally sacrificed by their masters.

So of course they're going to sugar-coat things.
>>
>>81410340
he's a big guy
>>
>>81411303
For EU
>>
This show is like one of those shitty WB shows of the 90's, Hercules and Xena
>>
>>81404036
Not a masterpiece by any stretch, but there is enjoyment to be had. Its a lot more enjoyable when you realize you arent meant to like Uhtred and hes purely chaotic neutral.
>>
>>81412518

This, Uthred is supposed to be an asshole.

Anyway, if you liked Vikings, this is better. Fewer stronk independent womyn and no niggers so far.
>>
>>81404036
it's significantly less SJWishfully written than Vikings, Anon
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.