[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MUD (AND LIFT!) >SAND (AND PULL!) >WATER (AND RAISE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 5

File: Prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg (20KB, 289x431px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg
20KB, 289x431px
>MUD (AND LIFT!)
>SAND (AND PULL!)
>WATER (AND RAISE UP!)
>STRAW (FASTER!)
>>
>WOULD YOU DIE? (IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFUL!)
>YOU'RE A BIG GUY (FOR YOU!)
>>
>>81393504
YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER!
HOW COULD YOU HAVE COME TO HATE ME SO?
>>
BY THE POWER OF RA!
Mut...Nut...Khnum...Ptah...
Nephthys...Nekhbet...Sobek...Sekhment...
Sokar...Selket...Reshpu...Wadjet...
Anubis...Anukis...
>>
One of the better animations.
>>
>>81393628
So you think you've got friends in high places...
>>
>THIS WAS MY HOME
>ALL THIS PAIN AND DEVASTATION
>HOW IT TORTURES ME INSIDE

The Plagues is such a good track.
>>
>>81393665
A delicate balance of hand drawn and late 90s computer animation.

>tfw 3d shit year in, year out these days
>>
>>81393504
>>actual historic evidence shows the jews were never enslaved in Egypt and stole man of the Egyptians myths

wat did he brew by this?
>>
>>81393851
This is true, but the Prine of Egypt makes no bones about being a story, and an excellent story at that
>>
>Ramses enslaves hebrews and this upsets their god
>As punishment God kills countless innocents, destroys most of the city and causes mass famine that will last generations
Every time I see this or even that movie from a couple years ago using the same story I can't help but think God and by extension Moses are being unbearable cunts here.

If God wanted to punish Ramses for his cruelty why not just punish him? why do so much collateral damage to people that were just peasants? Why not just strike him down and have Moses be the new ruler.

And how are any of God's actions here justifiable? the shit he caused was way worse than Ramses slavery. he literally killed everyone in the city either directly or later on due to starvation and disease.
>>
>>81394047
duh
>>
>>81394047
Old Testament god doesnt give a shit. He's looking out for his dudes.

Also, he gave Ramses a chance. Moses went and told him to let the hebrews and shebrews free but he didn't listen.

Old testament god doesn't give people second chances because he's a personifiction of the world around us, which, while it has nurtured us, is typically harsh and unforgiving
>>
>>81394047
desu its a big dick measuring contest

pretty much every plague correlates to the Egyptian pantheon and they show that our God > then yours this is also why God beats leviathan which was a part of creation myths in Canaanite religions

things were very generational in Hebrew ethics

also
>calling the one who made morals immoral lmao

>>81394219
>Also, he gave Ramses a chance
depends on what you mean when you say "But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses."
>>
File: 147398359301.png (75KB, 345x150px) Image search: [Google]
147398359301.png
75KB, 345x150px
>>81394047
You're not seeing the context there.

"Let my people go." Was a sugar-coated way of Moses saying "Admit your gods are all a sham you fucking cunt."

Letting the Jews walk was the equivalent of Ramses admitting that their God was the end-all be-all. God punishing the city was punishing them for not respecting the "true" higher power.
>>
>>81394047
>innocents
You don't think that by participating in and gaining the benefits of the Jewish slavery, and not trying to do anything to stop it, they became as guilty as Ramesses? Good people wouldn't let other people suffer that way. The wages of sin is death, and the Egyptians were all sinners. It's well within God's rights to punish them.

At least that's the answer I remember getting. It's not totally without merit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5BQWubuC8g

Fuck, the burning bush scene gives me chills every time.

>WHO MADE MAN'S MOUTH? WHO MADE THE DEAF, THE MUTE, THE SEEING OR THE BLIND? DID NOT I? NOW GO!
>>
>>81394285
By that logic everyone on the planet should be justifiably punished by god, you're probably wearing shoes or using a phone that was made by Vietnamese sweat shop workers making 0.50$ an hour. everyone on some level is reaping the benefit from someone else's toil. that doesn't mean we deserve to have fucking locusts swarm our towns and to be fucking crushed by meteors.

And you really think the peasants could have just walked up to Ramses and said "Ay mang, ur kinda treatin those slaves bad, you wanna chill?"
>>
>>81394427
Well you're right, all men are sinners, that's why He sent Jesus down so that we didn't all have to burn forever, or so the story goes. The rules aren't nice, Old Testament's a real bitch. Even Moses didn't get the good ending.

And not really, no, but they could have resisted it somehow, I would imagine. And maybe some of them did, and I would imagine God took that into account, somehow or other. We know He can provide for people as during the Exodus, so there's no reason he couldn't provide for the righteous Egyptians as well, if there were any.
>>
>>81393504
The movie would've been better off without the musical segments.
>>
>>81394556
I'm not a Fedora by any means, and I actually respect the inherent moral values of some religious stories, but this story never made sense to me at all.

What was the over arching lesson of the story? when someone slights you, you fuck them back 5 times as hard? slavery justifies genocide? God is a hard nigga that will roll on your crib? It just feels like the purpose of it was to unzip God's giant veiny dick and drag it across the face of non-believers.
>>
>>81394695
If someone held your wife as a slave, wouldn't you kill them?
Especially if you gave them like, 5 chances to repent and release her?
>>
>>81394695
the story is basically about trusting god, moses had to trust his staff would actually do shit when he say hit the nile, by extension this also carries on to the rest of the hebrews they had to have faith to put the blood on their door faith to follow moses into the desert etc. his brother as well, the whole thing is about putting your trust in god, but for me the stories annoying because the whole 'hardened pharaohs heart' line seems like a real cunty move on gods part
>>
>>81394747
Yes. I would kill THEM. But would I go into the next room and kill their wife, their children, poison their dog, look up the address of their close family and kill them too, all before burning their houses down? No. that would be fucking insane.
>>
>>81394695
In a sense, that kind of is the point, yes. Like >>81394271 this guy mentions, the plagues are all specifically Him overpowering the Egyptian pantheon.

Romans 9:17: "For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth."
>>
>>81394780
Exactly, he keeps whining to Moses about how Ramses just won't stop his cruelty against the Hebrews but he literally made Ramses a stubborn fool that wouldn't listen. It's basically just Biblical false flag attack.
>>
>>81394879
Ramses is in a catch 22 anyway, a large work force just vanishing overnight, or he's remembered as the pharaoh that destroyed their economy, its kinda fucked for him either way, then god comes along and fucks with him
>>
>>81394780
To be frank, Old Testament God really is a bit of a cunt. What you have to understand, though, is the idea that "God is sovereign of everything and whatever he does is just because he is the definition of justice." It's not a nice idea, and OT God isn't nice, but it's important for understanding stories like this - God does what the fuck he wants, and if it's inscrutable to us that's because we're mere mortals without infinite wisdom.

That said, it is understandable from a certain viewpoint. If you look on Ramesses and all the Egyptians as already damned, which they are because at this point there's no Jesus so no forgiveness, so each man must face the cost of his own sin (that is, eternal damnation because the rules are real harsh), it makes no difference if God hardens his heart or not, and by hardening it God can use Pharaoh to declare his own might. It's a bit unintuitive, and it doesn't sit easy with our expectations of free will, but Pharaoh was gone long before God did anything to him.
>>
>>81394978
PUNISHED RAMSES.

A man denied his empire.
>>
>>81394983
yea no its fucked up dude, I mean I can get behind god burning a faggot city down or siccing a bear on a bunch of bratty kids, but he went too far with eygpt
>>
>>81394691
Get the fuck outta here
>>
>>81394983
theres no real theology of damnation at that point really yet ITT
it was Jesus who really drilled home the whole hell thing and put such an emphasis on the afterlife and the consequences of sin beyond the temporal
>>
>>81395028
The thing is, by Biblical law, God would have been within his rights if he'd just killed all the Egyptians and waltzed the Jews out over their bodies. They had earned death and damnation with their sins, God just gave it to some of them sooner rather than later.
>>
>>81395060
Really? My theology isn't as good as it used to be, sorry. But either way, given that God is eternal and accordingly so are his laws, we can still apply the damnation idea backwards, no? Obviously this doesn't work if you're Jewish but from a Christian standpoint it seems reasonable.
>>
>>81395064
>within his rights
nah he rarely does that shit directly, closest I can think of was the angel killing that army overnight, joshua did most of the 'genocides'
>inb4 flood
>>
>>81395035
Look, most of the songs were rubbish.
>>
>>81395134
I don't follow you. Why does the directness or indirectness of action affect whether it's within His rights or not? God can deign to use agents or not as He chooses, the law is still the law.
>>
>tfw you realize people are praising this movie because its christian
>>
>Yfw you just moved into Ramses city as a low level guard with your family right before the plagues hit and your first born son gets SIDS the week after.
Guess I deserved it lmao.
>>
>>81395187
cause he wouldn't have killed everyone, and I can't think of a single instance other then this where god directly influences someone like that and with such dire consequences, its fucked up and I'm pretty sure unique, its a weird move on gods part is what I'm saying
>>
>>81395194
no its good, almost any moses story done right can be good, e.g. ten commandments is excellent
>>
>>81395194
With that level of kino Id praise it even if it was about wiccans
>>
So how do you measure the worth of a man? In wealth or strength or size?
In how much he gained or how much he gave?
The answer will come, the answer will come to him who tries
To look at his life through heaven's eyes
>>
>>81395194
>tfw you realize there can be miracles
>>
>>81395109
Oh it certainly makes sense, I'm not implying a contradiction. But damnation is not as implicit or as strong an idea in the early Torah, and besides, is probably more relevant after the complete revelation given by Jesus, if we take into account St. Paul's passage about 'invincible ignorance'
>>
>>81394983
OT God does whatever makes Jewish dick hard. a lot of those stories are "we are weak now but one day all your shit will be dust and all your kids will be our slaves"
>>
>>81395194
nah. Its based on a lie and the story is kind of meh but the songs are 10/10
>>
>>81395261
It's difficult, yeah, I struggled with it for a while too. I don't mean to say He would have killed everyone though, just that, morally, He would have been just in doing so. And there have been similar things, like in Exodus 17, where God directly influenced the outcome of a battle. It's not as dire, no, but it's the active hand of God determining events through influencing people (that is, the ones fighting the battle), as with Pharaoh.
>>
>>81395388
no most of them are people like david killing thousands, people like daniel the advisor to the emperor of the known world, shit like that, after egypt jews are doing miracles like destroying armies basically killing everyone, until NT when the romans show up
>>
>>81395421
bah, its always in the hands of people, like the shit with holding up the staff and the army wins drop the staff they lose, gods doing shit but its up to people to actually fight hold up the stick etc. rameses fuckery is a whole different level
>>
>>81395484
all lies. its impossible for there to have been that many dead. after every loss their is always an excuse like "we lost the arc" etc.
>>
The only song I remember form this is

'YOU'RE PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS NOWWWWW'
>>
>>81395550
no they would carry it out and destory armies, sometimes retards would do dumb shit like touch it and die, but that arc shit lasted for hundreds, thousands? of years, until the romans
>>
>>81395555
It was pretty catchy.
almost satan
>>
>>81395377
That's true, but isn't this entire story about God dispelling the invincible ignorance of the Egyptians, making it vincible, through His miracles and plagues?

>>81395528
It's in the hands of people, sure, but holding the staff only does anything because God acts through it. Really, to determine the outcome of a whole battle depending entirely upon one man and his staff, everyone else in the battle has to necessarily lose their free will and agency so God can perfectly determine events. It's not so different.
>>
>>81395638
>entirely upon one man
fucks sake. your the fucking christian he couldn't hold it up the battle went on to long and the hebrews started losing joshua and abner I think? had to hold up his arms, theirs lots of examples of this sort of shit, god waits for signs or makes people do stuff like hold up staffs for 24 hrs, he never fucks with the mind directly, except for poor punished rameses
>>
>>81395591
>retards would do dumb shit like touch it and die
The guy was trying to keep it from falling to the ground.
>>
>>81395709
It depended on the one staff though, no?
But either way, to determine the battle he'd still have to control the elements of that battle. The bit with the staff isn't really relevant to the main point I'm trying to make. He influenced depending on the staff, sure, but he didn't influence THROUGH the staff.
>>
>>81395555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4
>>
>>81394275
>"Let my people go." Was a sugar-coated way of Moses saying "Admit your gods are all a sham you fucking cunt."

nah I really don't think so. Egypt is of course a symbol of idolatry, but in Exodus it's kind of a non-issue (until you get to the golden calf anyway)

it's more of a political thing: god wants to be acknowledged as ruler of the world and to that end pharaoh must be humbled because pharaonic rule is based on the ideology that men can represent god/the gods on earth
>>
>>81395740
I know, gods such a dick, my favorite is the kids eaten by the bear, but also the soldiers who keep coming and asking a prophet for help and then keep getting incinerated, funny stuff
>>
>>81395748
>through the staff
of course not your missing my point, god rarely acts directly, its through the actions of people, the whole roll away the stone bit, fucking with ramses is on a different level then even the red sea, the soldiers had a choice to go in or not, Ramses it seems didn't have any choice from at least moses return
>>
File: 1434395944385.jpg (23KB, 359x221px) Image search: [Google]
1434395944385.jpg
23KB, 359x221px
>>81393628
By the power of Bane...
Smee...Maimen...Doctor...Paveleer...
Button...Lee...Juan... BANE!

So you think you get to bring friends to high places
With the power to get us on the plane
Well, forgive us these masks on our faces
You'll know who are the ones who hold sway
CIA...

You're flying with the big guys now
Flying with the big guys now
Pull it off it would be
‘xtremely painful for you‘re
Flying with the big guys now

Stop this foolish flightplan
Watch the fire rise man
It’s time to go mobile
On this airplane so vile
You're flying with the big guys now!

By the power of Bane...
Smee...Maimen...Doctor...Paveleer...
Button...Lee...Juan... BANE!

By the might of Nolan
You will kneel before him
Kneel to our masterplan now
You think you are large
You think you’re in charge
Now to rid you of your worries
Start working for these mercenaries
But first, CIA, it's time to bow
(Kowtow!)
Or it's your own plane you will crash, boy
Flying with the big guys
Now!
>>
>>81395752
Ramases voice actor was great
>>
File: RamsesAttacksHittiteDapur.png (288KB, 1131x535px) Image search: [Google]
RamsesAttacksHittiteDapur.png
288KB, 1131x535px
>>81395834
>the soldiers had a choice to go in or not

that's not how bronze age near eastern absolute monarchies work anon

>"well actually thy majesty o son of Ra, living Horus, I was thinking I'd rather stay in today do some home office if that's ok"

>oh yeah sure whatever

top kek
>>
>>81395763
also muh persecution complex, in rome they could not stand being one of the many gods. western world argues over religion but the number of religions has fallen to a minimum, most of it is christfagy or its version
>>
>>81395834
I think I must be really missing your point because the one it seems to me you're making I'm pretty sure I answered. You said God doesn't remove people's agency or directly do things except with Ramesses, and I showed another instance where God removed the agency of a whole bunch of people in order to directly determine who won a battle. What am I getting wrong here? The staff being held up didn't directly lead to them winning or losing, it led to God seeing that it was being held up and so Him directly making the Israelites win the battle.
>>
>>81395848
horrible. I feel like there is a potential to bane it but you are doing it wrong
>>
>>81395780
my favorite is the faggot who keeps pretending his wife is his sister and than busts peoples balls for trying to get with her.
>>
>>81395911
so all the foods gone, theirs frogs fucking everywhere the niles blood, oh yea my kids dead, oh and the king wants us to charge into the great sea that just mystically parted after the paid servants thats caused all this huh, time to desert? maybe, yea? anyone else in on this?
>>
>>81395995
>oh yea my kids dead

you left out the part where the kid's dead because it was murdered by the very religious fanatics you're going after
>>
>>81395961
because he directly influenced a ruler negatively resulting in the deaths of countless people, he could have say influenced him the other way and just let his fucking kikes go, but no, it was a dick move
>>
>>81396027
no the kid died mysteriously in bed, by the fanatics magic god, kinda changes things
>>
>>81393569
God bless you, anon.
>>
>>81396056
still the egyptians were holding moses responsible for bringing the plagues, it makes sense they'd want to exact revenge on him
>>
>>81396095
sure but at that point I mean come on after all that shit and then the sea parts, your fucking deserting I would
>>
>>81396042
Anon
The Egyptians didn't deserve anything better than what they got, that's what I've been saying all along. There's no reason for Him to influence them any other way, because their dying is just and so not something that ought to be avoided like you seem to think.

Well, that's the logic of the story, anyway.
>>
>>81396129
nah, you ride eternal shiny and chrome
>>
>>81396204
>Well, that's the logic of the story

that's why it's a fucking evil and amoral story and it's nothing short of amazing that the entirety of western religiosity begins with it
>>
>>81396204
>he hardened the pharaohs heart against him
its a cunt move for both of them, btw you haven't even argued it was all to harden moses up for the trials to come, step up your game christian
>>
>>81396276
nah your just a butthurt fedora, sure the egyptians might have deserved it they ran an empire, they probably did all sorts of fucked up shit, its just the direct influencing of rameses that annoys me
>>
>>81396295
You can call it a cunt move all you like, it doesn't in any way challenge what's said in Romans 9:17 or the explanation that the Egyptians were already damned so anything God did with them was within his rights.

>>81396276
Consider this: a fair and honest court has ruled that, according to law, that a man should serve 5,000 years in jail for multiple homicide. However, it decides to instead only lock him up for 50. This is not doing an unkindness to the criminal.
>>
>>81396356
>probably
fuck you. I hate people like you, whenever something bad happens to a rich person you go "well that sucks but you know its impossible to be rich without having done some horrible things so he probably had it coming"
>>
>>81396448
lol, u so triggered
>>
>>81396425
>damned
damned by god.
>>
>>81396491
...And? They had earned their damnation. There's no inconsistency here.
>>
>>81396356
>the egyptians might have deserved it they ran an empire, they probably did all sorts of fucked up shit

the egyptians never genocided the fuck out of places they conquered/controlled, say Canaan, leading women and children to the slaughter in the name of their god

sound like someone you know?
>>
>>81396425
>romans 9:17
raise you up, show my power? yea, so? show my power doesn't mean killing off all the first born or their food supplies or countless other things, if they had made the choice sure but
>he hardened the pharaohs fucking heart
you haven't and can't fucking explain that, the only reason to do it is if maybe he would've been convinced on plague 3 or something, 'his power would've been shown just fine by having the entire population of jews leave, the whole world would've definitely heard and egypt would've been fucked, a slow decline instead of killing everyone
>>
>>81396535
yea no shit, still its a huge empire, quick death doesn't seem to be much of a problem for god its decadence torture that kinda stuff, bhaal worship stuff, 'genocide' isn't really a problem for god he tells josh to do it all the time, although 'genocide' in old terms doesn't actually mean what you think but that's a whole different discussion on a whole different board
>>
>>81396565
The entire point of the plagues, like I've said before, is that they show God's power directly contrasted with the impotence of the Egyptian pantheon. The plague of darkness, for example, completely undermines Ra, the Egyptian god of the sun, by effectively turning off the sun. Hence, showing His power, because He's above the pagan gods. It's very specific.

And Pharaoh's fate was sealed long before Moses even spoke to the burning bush. I've said this before too. Pharaoh was damned so God used him as a means with which to spread His word.
>>
>>81396699
>damned
sauce?
>>
>>81396753
Surely you're being willingly dense.
>>
>>81394047
It's blatantly obvious neither you nor anyone else except for >>81394271 has actually read the part in question, so:

God doesn't want to punish Pharoah. He literally just wants to become famous. He wants to bring a huge empire to its knees. He wants this so much that he specifically engineers the exodus -- he STOPS Pharoah from letting the Jews go. He "hardens his heart" (you get some references to this in the movie, but for obvious reasons God doesn't say HE'S the one making Pharoah's heart so hard).
>>
>>81396699
>lets you pointlessly suffer to satisfy his ego
>but God is apparently a loving God
>>
>>81396763
where does it say rameses was damned before moses came back? where? when? verse chapter
>>
>>81396796
Yeah you're gonna have a hard time if you try to justify a literal OT God in the light of the NT God. Metaphorically it's easy as shit, obviously.
>>
>>81396763
His point is you're seeing this from an anachronistic Christian point of view.
>>
File: Bible Chart.png (74KB, 1696x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Bible Chart.png
74KB, 1696x1016px
Also anyone who hasn't read the Bible should do, right now. It's one of the best books ever written (the best IMO). Prince of Egypt is a pretty good film but it can't even begin to do the real thing justice. Especially God. They really fucked him up. OT God is an amazing, terrifying character.
>>
>>81396897
thats a terrible fucking chart christshill, original versions only, or kjv
>>
>>81396565
nigger that phrase about 'the lord hardened pharoah's heart' is one of the most discussed and debated articles in all of theology

much smarter men than fucking idiots on /tv/ are arguing about it to this day. If you're seriously looking for answers your question, on /tv/ of all places, you are a fucking idiot beyond imagination
>>
>>81396922
Well if you had a brain you could tell that according to the chart the only acceptable version is KJV.
>>
>>81396923
>looking for answers
dumb fuck, I was just seeing if anyone wanted to give it a crack
>>
>>81396928
not really, it lists nkjv along with kjv, still fine
>>
>>81397060
NKJV is for fucking plebs and don't you dare pretend to be patrician if you think otherwise.

NRSV is acceptable though, which I didn't mention. But only for historical study.

Of course if you're reading this for religious purposes you may as well off yourself now. Or read Summa, your choice.
>>
>>81397090
the fact that your fucking chart lists NKJV along side real KJV as if their equivalent disgusts me, I hope I've cleared that up, otherwise good chart
>>
>>81396623
>'genocide' isn't really a problem for god

yeah, and therefore he's fucking evil as shit
>>
>>81397541
genocide in these terms means driving people out, most survived i'm just not going to get into it but think about a population of thousands and all of them being killed with rocks and bronze swords and shit, and then the disease, the whole idea of marching around destroying cities and killing everyone inside didn't actually happen that often, at that time, before rome
>>
>>81397607
wrong. God explicitly directed them to kill all the Canaanite clans who were living in the land (Deut. 7.1-2; 20.16-18). The destruction was to be complete: every man, woman, and child was to be killed. genocide. not driving them out. killing them all.

so these are the good guys, but the egyptians were the baddies because oh no they were slaveowners and imperialists. clearly they deserve to be mass murdered so we can move into a glorious future of even more mass murder against everyone who is in our way or has the wrong religion
>>
>>81394691
Fuuuuuuuuuucking leave noooow
>>
>>81397735
oh yea sure, but thats not what actually happened or anywhere close, but yea the jews generally fucked with the entire area killing off and driving away various city states until the 13 tribes e.g. city states, were established, the philistines being the last civilization strong enough to continue to cause them trouble for ages, the rest were likely absorbed or moved on
>>
>>81397939
>but thats not what actually happened or anywhere close

that's completely immaterial to the discussion, the entire exodus never happened like that either, but we're talking about what happened according to the internal logic of the story. and the story says that that's what happened and that this is morally justified. ergo the story's moral is evil
>>
>>81393851
No, it just means the slaves of egypt were black
>>
>>81394047
I always find the correlation between God and Moses unsettling, bloodthirsty cunt
>>
>>81396897
>not reading Hebrew and Greek sources
>not at the very least reading the Vulgate
Translating the Bible in common languages was a mistake.
>>
>>81398225
eh, you want to talk the whole fucking bible? nah, one stories enough for now, your the one who started 'god is evil as shit' which is also immaterial to the story but w/e your just a butthurt fedora eh?
>>
>>81394812
Pussy
>>
>>81395194
Christ hadn't died by then, it's Abrhamic/Judaic
>>
>>81395555
Big Quads
>>
>>81396850
God loved the world so much that he sent his only Son to death.
I sometimes get the feeling that God saving men is considered some kind of given when it's grace. All people deserve is utter annihilation, which comes anyway to finite creatures, and God offers the way. God not giving a shit or even purging human's sorry asses for quicker resolution shouldn't be treated as exceptional, it's the default.
>>
>>81398363
>your the one who started 'god is evil as shit' which is also immaterial to the story

it's not immaterial to what we make or think of the story. after all these are stories that people are meant to look to for faith and norms of behavior. if these norms advocate mass murder in the name of religion, that's worrying to say the least
>>
>>81394691
Are you fucking touched in the head?
>>
>>81398456
>advocating mass-murder
thats not in the story like your trying to say stick to the story, what josh did later isn't relevant
>>
>>81393504
>We wuz slaves in egypt and shieet
>>
>>81398586
they mass-murdered the egyptians to get out of egypt and then they started mass-murdering the people whose land they wanted to steal for themselves. not only is it relevant, it's a constant in the Exodus and journey to Canaan.
>>
>>81398681
>mass-murdered the egyptians
i don't think your familar with the story
>they started mass-murdering the people whose land they wanted to steal for themselves
thats not relevant its really not, i'm the one who posted that stuff about joshua in relation to gods attitude towards rameses, your a fucking retard who has no idea what your talking about and just wants to sperg about muh atheism, go away
>>
>>81398681
They also mass-murdered each other.
>>81398771
lol
>>
>>81398771
were the egyptian babies and the entire army killed so the hebrews could get out of egypt? yes they were.

>thats not relevant its really not

yes it is, exodus and deuteronomy are connected as a continuous narrative of the israelites and they are connected by the same legitimizing narrative that routinely resorts to murder to get the people what they want, you can dance around that fact all you want

>muh atheism
who said anything about atheism? you don't need to be an atheist to find the moral of these stories barbaric
>>
>>81398681
What did you expect from (((them)))?
>>
>>81398915
i'm still not seeing the problem here then, at least not with any of that, ou really what to go through 40 years plus joshua invading israel and the establishment of the 13 tribes? really? I should never have brought it up, its not relevant to the stor the argument was why god directly influenced rameses when he never does anything like that before or after, what exactly is your argument? that god is evil? ok, thanks, not relevant
>>
>>81399039
it's relevant for the moral of the story anon, how many times do i need to repeat this
are you saying it's not relevant for the MORAL?

if you just don't want to discuss this aspect at all fine, just say so, then we can stop wasting our time
>>
>>81399140
so you want to bring up all of gods history throughout the bible but only for his morals and only to argue what? god is evil in the context of the moses story for...what exactly?
>>
>>81399194
Because it's fun you intolerable faggot.
>lmao why fun lmao nihilism bruh lmao
No reason at all
>>
>>81399272
lol, ok then
>>
>>81399194
>to argue what? god is evil in the context of the moses story for...what exactly?

to establish just that. the supposed good guys are actually the villains of the piece.
>>
>>81399289
ok, ten commandments does that better
>>
Id say Prince of egypt is pretty obscure, its not exactly famous, post good songs from less well known animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8
>>
>>81394396
Moses btfo
>>
>>81394695
>God is a hard nigga that will roll on your crib?

Unironically, yes. OT God was someone you didn't want to fuck with, there's a reason they used to call being religious 'God-fearing'.

The whole point of the New Testament was pretty much Jesus telling everyone God had made some policy changes and he'd die giving everyone a clean slate and a more reasonable path to Heaven.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.