[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello? Hello, Dimitri? Listen, I can't hear too well, do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: President Calls the Premier.png (179KB, 656x424px) Image search: [Google]
President Calls the Premier.png
179KB, 656x424px
Hello? Hello, Dimitri? Listen, I can't hear too well, do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little? Oh, that's much better. Yes. Fine, I can hear you now, Dimitri. Clear and plain and coming through fine. I'm coming through fine too, eh? Good, then. Well then as you say we're both coming through fine. Good. Well it's good that you're fine and I'm fine. I agree with you. It's great to be fine.
(laughs)
Now then Dimitri. You know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the bomb. The bomb, Dimitri. The hydrogen bomb. Well now what happened is, one of our base commanders, he had a sort of, well he went a little funny in the head. You know. Just a little... funny. And uh, he went and did a silly thing.
(listens)
Well, I'll tell you what he did, he ordered his planes... to attack your country.
(listens)
Well let me finish, Dimitri. Let me finish, Dimitri.
(listens)
Well, listen, how do you think I feel about it? Can you imagine how I feel about it, Dimitri? Why do you think I'm calling you? Just to say hello?
(listens)
Of course I like to speak to you. Of course I like to say hello. Not now, but any time, Dimitri. I'm just calling up to tell you something terrible has happened.
(listens)
It's a friendly call. Of course it's a friendly call. Listen, if it wasn't friendly, ... you probably wouldn't have even got it. They will not reach their targets for at least another hour.
>>
>>81368841
This was my favorite part of the movie
>>
This is realistically how the Trump/Putin call went last night.
>>
File: President Calls the Premier 2.png (190KB, 636x440px) Image search: [Google]
President Calls the Premier 2.png
190KB, 636x440px
I am... I am positive, Dimitri. Listen, I've been all over this with your ambassador. It is not a trick.
(listens)
Well I'll tell you. We'd like to give your air staff a complete run down on the targets, the flight plans, and the defensive systems of the planes.
(listens)
Yes! I mean, if we're unable to recall the planes, then I'd say that, uh, well, we're just going to have to help you destroy them, Dimitri.
(listens)
I know they're our boys.
(listens)
Alright, well, listen... who should we call?
(listens)
Who should we call, Dimitri?
(listens)
The people...? Sorry, you faded away there.
(listens)
The People's Central Air Defense Headquarters. Where is that, Dimitri?
(listens)
In Omsk. Right. Yes.
(listens)
Oh, you'll call them first, will you?
(listens)
Uh huh. Listen, do you happen to have the phone number on you, Dimitri?
(listens)
What? I see, just ask for Omsk Information. I'm sorry too, Dimitri. I'm very sorry.
(listens)
Alright! You're sorrier than I am! But I am sorry as well. I am as sorry as you are, Dimitri. Don't say that you are more sorry than I am, because I am capable of being just as sorry as you are. So we're both sorry, alright?
>>
>>81368888

Wasted post, fuck off
>>
>>81368904
>wasted post

Yours however is as insightful as it is terse. A real contribution.
>>
"You can't return fire here! This is the war room!"
>>
File: Madness.png (148KB, 822x428px) Image search: [Google]
Madness.png
148KB, 822x428px
Cobalt thorium G has a radioactive half-life of ninety three years. If you take, say, fifty H-bombs in the hundred megaton range and jacket them with cobalt thorium G, when they are exploded they will produce a doomsday shroud. A lethal cloud of radioactivity which will encircle the earth for ninety three years!"

"I'm afraid I don't understand something. Is the Premier threatening to explode this if our planes carry out their attack?"

"No sir. It is not a thing a sane man would do. The doomsday machine is designed to to trigger itself automatically."

"But this is absolute madness, ambassador. Why should you build such a thing?"
>>
File: NYT.png (119KB, 812x430px) Image search: [Google]
NYT.png
119KB, 812x430px
"There are those of us who fought against it, but in the end we could not keep up with the expense involved in the arms race, the space race, and the peace race. And at the same time our people grumbled for more nylons and washing machines. Our doomsday scheme cost us just a small fraction of what we'd been spending on defense in a single year. But the deciding factor was when we learned that your country was working along similar lines, and we were afraid of a doomsday gap."
"This is preposterous. I've never approved of anything like that."
"Our source was the New York Times."
>>
>>81368888
/pol/ and kek still in cahoots, I see.
>>
>>81368841
Man, I have to watch this movie again before WW3 hits.
>>
>>81368841
if this was released today you'd probably all spam threads calling it a "cuck" for being political.
>>
>>81369099
Evidently so
>>
>>81368895
>I am capable of being just as sorry as you are

This line always slays me
>>
>>81369159
Tbh we should set up a stream tonight on rabbit or cy tube. Comfy movie, probably my favorite of all time.
>>
>>81369270
Actually not a bad idea anon.
>>
File: 89u6hirt.gif (363KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
89u6hirt.gif
363KB, 500x322px
>>
Kino. Pure kino.
>>
>>81368895
>run down
>flight plans
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
Kubrick's best film by far, so classy and hilarious.
>>
>>81370442
>Kubrick's best
>not Barry Lyndon
>>
>>81370546
Barry Lyndon is artistically his best achievement, but as a whole Dr Strangelove is the best. The script and casting are basically perfect, and as a satire it was way ahead of its time.
>>
when soviet ambassador ordered boiled eggs i was completely sold
kubrick totally nailed it
>>
>>81370602
I agree that it was ahead of its time, but Barry Lyndon is just too good. Even though the second half pales a bit in comparison to the first, it's still an outstanding movie.
Also I love how it's redpilled about women and relationships in general (at one moment, narrator mentions how love isn't real etc), compare that to "Eyes Wide Shut" (the polar opposite of Barry Lyndon) which I saw often mentioned among some people in real life, that being also the only Kubrick movie they've seen.
>>
File: PoachEgg259.jpg (16KB, 360x291px) Image search: [Google]
PoachEgg259.jpg
16KB, 360x291px
>>81370645
He wanted poached eggs, not boiled
>>
Kubrick's best film
>>
>>81370685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSJiSpCSncY
>>
>>81370882
>Memegade cut
Out
>>
>>81371027
Not an argument
>>
>>81371125
>Not an argument
Not an argument.
Out.
>>
>>81368928

Thanks cunt
>>
I always get a kick out of the anecdote that George C. Scott wanted to play all his scenes in a serious way and Kubrick did not so he told him to act every scene both ways and ended up only using his wacky scenes.
>>
>>81369749
>when you realize the whole film is about erectile dysfunction
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.