[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_2685.jpg (83KB, 715x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2685.jpg
83KB, 715x717px
You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty
>>
loldidntread
>>
only a raging homo would post a wall of text
>>
File: IMG_2599.jpg (153KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2599.jpg
153KB, 717x880px
>>81363284
>>81363318
>>
Or maybe Rick & Morty is a funny show and one doesn't have to do mental gymnastics or blame Reddit for its popularity.

Jesus Christ, OP, you actually typed all that pseudo-psychological bullshit? Get a hold of your life.
>>
>>81363263
5 star post.
>>
File: IMG_2686.jpg (26KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2686.jpg
26KB, 320x263px
>>81363430

>Rick and Morty is a funny show
>>
File: 1475728817240.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1475728817240.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>81363263
I don't even know if all of this is meme anymore
>>
>reddit reddit reddit reddit
>gee guise isn't reddit the worst?
>fucking obnoxious redditors amirite
>reddit reddit reddit reddit
No anon, you are the cancer
>>
>TFW you realize that all the anons that spam the word "Reddit" and supposedly know everything about Reddit culture are the ones that spy on Reddit 24/7 and save Reddit screencaps

Really gets the neurons firing
>>
>>81363556
>I watch every new episode of Rick & Morty and then go on 4chan to bitch about it because it has exploded popularity
>everybody knows I can't be seen enjoying a popular show!
>>
File: IMG_2687.jpg (400KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2687.jpg
400KB, 2048x1024px
>>81363583
>>81363639
>>81363648

>the average Reddit and Memey fan
>>
File: IMG_5781.jpg (72KB, 640x652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5781.jpg
72KB, 640x652px
>>81363263
How fucken mad can you get
>>
File: Nick Young.gif (3MB, 400x233px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Young.gif
3MB, 400x233px
>>81363583

Yep, "Reddit" is the new "hipster." People flood to make countless threads about how something is "Reddit," and yet nobody can explain what that actually means.
>>
>>81363696
what the fuck are you talking about? is this bait? redditors are people who came from reddit or cross-post on reddit. they are annoying fucks and you can spot them on the way they post.
>>
>>81363796
>you can spot them on the way they post.

How can they be spotted? I know Reddit is a website. I'm asking what "Reddit" as an adjective means, since so many people on here like to use it as one.

What is it about a show that makes it "Reddit"?
>>
>>81363639
Nice Reddit defense there.
>>
>>81363263
>>81363430
>>81363583
>>81363648
>>81363681
>>81363687
>>81363696
Oh wow so you turned this into pasta, this exact novel was posted last week when the R&M shitposting trend ignited again.
>Everyone who got triggered by this copypasta is a retarded faggot who belong in a shallow lake filled with nuclear waste, cause you all bit on to some stale b8, m8

Anyways R&M is turning into cancer and it took them almost one and a half years to make a new season. Doesn't seem like their fans noticed that, but that says a lot on how brain dead they are.

I wish adult swim would stop spamming the finally every God damn day tho

>>81363878
It's more of a noun now since you can get labeled as one with no effort at all.
>>
File: 1491160085305.jpg (470KB, 1440x1951px) Image search: [Google]
1491160085305.jpg
470KB, 1440x1951px
Epic tattoo, fellow gentlesir! Here is mine *tips fedora*
>>
I was concerned about the future of R+M but I think I feel optimistic about it based on how many people I see pretending it is shit because it is popular and they have to be contrarian.
>>
>>81363878

>What is it about a show that makes it "Reddit"?

nothing

autists thinks that literally EVERYTHING is "reddit" these days, just ignore them
>>
>>81363950

That is the gayest fucking tattoo I've ever seen and I doubt even a disgusting fucking Redditor could defend that shit.

Oh wait, of course they could, because they're liberal faggots.
>>
>>81363950
Do you suppose people like this feel stupid later in life or do the tattoos make them emotionally invested in remaining the same?
>>
>>81363966

Contrarian pop-sci with no substance that takes itself too seriously and thinks it's clever when it's actually fairly shallow.

It's literally /Reddit: the show.
>>
>>81363263

*tips 4chan fedora*
>>
>>81363263
This thread's going places, good job.
>>
>>81363263
>>81363950
This is perfect for explaining how to correctly use reddit as an adjective.
>>
>>81363950

Tattoo artists should refuse mentally ill
>>
>>81363263
Well well well if it isn't REDDIT
>>
>>81364005
>pop-sci
Nothing about it is even remotely scientific, popular or otherwise
>Takes itself too seriously
How? I understand the fans are obnoxious in how seriously they take the show, but that's not the same as the show itself thinking itself intellectual.
>>
>/r/donald redditors getting booty blasted on /pol/
>increase of bumruffling from certain posters about people ironically shitposting about reddit and morty
its working. Keep it up and we will finally rid of this filth
>>
File: download (3).jpg (9KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
9KB, 184x274px
Samurai Jack fans are still this upset
>>
>>81363263
What did you say about my mother >:(
>>
File: IMG_5527.jpg (86KB, 796x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5527.jpg
86KB, 796x960px
>>
>>81364005
>Contrarian

Contrarian how?

>pop-sci

I've heard of hard and soft science fiction, but never "pop-sci." What does that even mean?

>with no substance

What substance are you looking for?

>that takes itself too seriously

Wow, you're impossible to please. "It's got to have better sci-fi! It's gotta have more substance. But it can't take itself too seriously, too!"

>and thinks it's clever when it's actually fairly shallow.

I think you covered that already with "no substance."

You know, you can just say that you don't like a show. You don't have to make up definitions for reasons why you don't like it.
>>
>>81363950
Saved for future cringe threads
>>
File: i_want_to_die.jpg (238KB, 1280x1015px) Image search: [Google]
i_want_to_die.jpg
238KB, 1280x1015px
>>81363950
The "antifascist" is the cherry on top.
>>
>>81364005

nah it's not
>>
>>81364167
>>81364104

Sorry /Reddit but no one likes you.
>>
>>81363950
That's perfectly fine you're all just contrarian.
>>
>>81364167
>that line spacing
>not from reddit
lol
>>
I LOVE REDDIT
>>
>>81363284
>>81363318
Hella YES, why didn't he give us the awesomecake tl,dr?

Like, Rick and Morty is too smart for him

Don't hang around on this site go to www.reddit.com/r/rick_and_morty for the radical hella good content

:^)
>>
>>81364028

Let me explain.

The problem with Reddit is that it has a gay fucking karma system alongside user profiles where you can easily see a persons entire post history.

This means that dissenting opinions are quickly downvoted into oblivion, and everywhere quickly becomes some kind of faggot circle jerk where everyone tries to post the same benail jokes, tries the same queer quirky 'le monkey face' faggotry, or the same (and easily the worst) faux-intellectual smugness.

That is why Reddit is cancer.

4chan is the polar opposite, trip days are usually hated so identities are impossible to ascertain. Dissenting opinions are publicised due to the (you) system, and most importantly, we're not liberal faggots.

Now fucking kill yourself redditor scum.
>>
I dont browse Reddit and I really like Rick and Morty, what now faggot?
>>
All the people who trash Rick and Morty always know the references and nuances of the show so they've clearly watched it as much a any fan would.

If you don't like it then fine, but you take it more seriously than the show does itself. The only reason I ever watched this show is because of you Aspergers riddled teens posing a wall of text like OP on 4chan so I checked it out and it turns out that it's not bad.
>>
File: IMG_2688.jpg (324KB, 625x833px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2688.jpg
324KB, 625x833px
>>81364421
>>81364404

>redditors literally proud of being plebains with shit taste

Poetry
>>
File: 1469809910000.png (173KB, 786x751px) Image search: [Google]
1469809910000.png
173KB, 786x751px
>nobody recognizes this pasta

Way to out yourselves
>>
>>81363950
Who would do this to themselves?
>>
Maybe with these antifa you can point out how the last few episodes shit all over multiculturalism, big government orgs like EU/UN, doping people with drugs instead of solving problems etc.
>>
>>81364486
dude tattoos lmao
>>
>>81363263
>Makes a thread just to talk about Reddit
>>
>>81363556
>>
>>81363923
>Doesn't seem like their fans noticed that, but that says a lot on how brain dead they are
Their fans didn't notice that it took them a year and a half to air another season? Sounds like they just have other shit to do lol.
>>
>>81364468
>Make a thread so you can talk about Reddit and act like a retarded
Nice, OP
>>
>>81364486

Redditors.
>>
>>81363983
the guy who got that tattoo is too reddit for even reddit
>>
>>81364636

It's Redditception. Like a Russian doll of liberal faggotry.
>>
SHIT ON THE FLOOR
>>
>>81363263
I've never been impressed or even enjoyed an episode of Rick and Morty. It's like Family Guy times Futurama divided by an ugly art style. Is the joke that Rick always talks down to Morty and says Morty's name after every sentence? I must be getting old.
>>
File: 1478668739376.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478668739376.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>81364390
u should write for rick & morty
>>
I wish that the Holocaust happened now but that Redditors were the target instead of Jews.
>>
>>81365499

I wish the holocaust actually happened, and happened to both Jews and redditors.
>>
>>81365537
10/10
>>
>>81363923
>a week ago
how new
>>
>>81365357
>and says Morty's name after every sentence
that's literally just the pilot
>>
File: 0191oish.jpg (622KB, 900x657px) Image search: [Google]
0191oish.jpg
622KB, 900x657px
>>81363950

imagine explaining this in 30 years
>>
>>81363263
Do you see a /relig/ or /christ/ board?

4chan is an atheist website.

Try the youtube comments section, for people like you.
>>
bruh that rant could've been summed up in the last sentence

fuken who cares about cartoons, only faggot neets and unemployed washouts watch cartoons.
>>
>>81363923
>Doesn't seem like their fans noticed that
you never saw any of the "where is season 3?" discussion? i even started seeing it in my facebook feed
>>
>>81365595

>do you see a /fedora/ or /Reddit/ board

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.
>>
>>81365595

Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad
>>
>>81365637
>>81365655
triggered
>>
File: IMG_2689.jpg (43KB, 500x375px)
IMG_2689.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>81365595

>4chan is an atheist website
>>
What makes you a reddit person?
>>
>>81365655
>Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later

Obviously.

>and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora.

No, atheism isn't "at its knees." You just made that up.

Last I checked, there was no proof for God's existence, so atheism is still rock solid.
>>
>>81366693

You're forgetting the evidence and scholars that support the story of Jesus

>His birth
>His teachings
>His followers
>His baptism
>His arrest
>His death

All without a doubt happened as the Bible states.

That all means that the multiple prophecies written (according to historical scholars) centuries before Christ was born all happen to be correct on the time, place, and person.

>let me guess: lucky guesses ayyylmao
>>
>>81366693

And what evidence do you have for the atheism fairy magically exploding nothing into everything, for no reason, and having it form sentient life?
>>
>>81366788
>You're forgetting the evidence and scholars that support the story of Jesus

Not a single fucking thing you listed proves that Jesus is the son of God. Not a single one. David Koresh was born. He taught, had followers and died. Does that make anything that came out of his mouth true?

Cool non-argument.

>All without a doubt happened as the Bible states.

That's a bizarre thing to say, since Mark wasn't written until decades after Jesus' death. The Bible also contradicts itself between the four Gospels, so you claiming that what happened in the New Testament happened in reality, is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

>That all means that the multiple prophecies written (according to historical scholars) centuries before Christ was born all happen to be correct on the time, place, and person.

Post the prophecies and how they were fulfilled, faggot. And how do you explain the unfulfilled prophecies?
>>
>>81366801
>And what evidence do you have for the atheism fairy magically exploding nothing into everything, for no reason, and having it form sentient life?

That's not an argument that anybody has EVER made, so I have no reason to try to support it.

It's so funny how child-like you are. I reject the creation story of Genesis, so you automatically come to the conclusion that I believe in some other kind of magic nonsense creation story? I don't. I don't even have to explain how our existence came into being. There is no proof that a supernatural being was involved. None. That's it and that's all.

But let's get into this God of the Gaps argument that you clearly want to start.
>>
>>81367046

It was coalated. The accounts themselves are literal first person accounts. It's the same way we retell WW2 stories now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM

Proof for the resurrection of Jesus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A

The first 30 minutes is what's important from this one, the rest is questions and answers.

Ex-atheist scientist tells his story of becoming Christian after realizing that the story of creation in Genesis actually makes the most sense and gets a lot of things right compared to other religious books:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs
Cold case detective, former atheist analyzed the gospels using his skills and came to the conclusion that Christianity is the true religion and what is written in the New Testament is real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiYQzOypD9o
The videos are long, but they basically come down to this:
1. The chain of custody is sound, the story doesn't change over time.
2. There was stuff in the Bible that was later confirmed by archeology(places, people, etc.)
3. There are even non-believers' accounts of some stuff Jesus did, just from them you can know a lot about Jesus if you piece it all together.
4. The differences between gospels aren't a bad sign, because witnesses rarely agree on stuff. If every eyewitness would say the same thing, it would be very fishy and would mean they probably talked to each other at one point.
5. The apostles died without getting rich, getting a girlfriend or getting power, they all died horribly. There was no point in spreading Christianity if they didn't believe in it. Why would they risk their life if it wasn't true? Why would they risk their life if it was all forged? Why would Paul try to join this new small church?
Also the only accounts of Romans getting Christians to change their faith was after the 1st century. No account of eyewitnesses ever changing their story
>>
>>81367046

>unfulfilled prophecies

This is what atheists actually believe
>>
>>81367046

Spoken from a position of ignorance.
>>
>>81367138
>The accounts themselves are literal first person accounts.

I don't care who claimed what. I want evidence that it occurred.

>It's the same way we retell WW2 stories now.

Not a single WWII story claims that somebody came back from the dead three days later, so you equating the resurrection fairy tale with WWII stories doesn't fly.

If people get their accounts wrong, then the Bible is not divinely inspired. Contradictions in the word of God automatically discredits God itself.

>>81367159
>This is what atheists actually believe

Thanks for the non-answer, christfag.

>le every atheist is a le edgy teenager. what? you want me to prove god exists? you're just an edgy fedora tipper!
>>
>>81367109

>I don't have to explain how existence came into being.

Because it's too hard? It's well accepted by modern Christians that God caused the Big Bang. It was first devised by Catholic Priest and Physcist George's Lemitre you understand.

Fedoras of the day hated the idea, because it points to the idea of a creator. All the cool atheists back then thought the universe was eternal. They had maths 'proving' it and everything. But then they realised LeMotre was right, and have spent the last 50 years trying to show how a Big Bang can happen without a creator. They gave up in the end as said 'well it's impossible to know how it happened, but we know what happened 0.0000002 seconds AFTER, so obviously it doesn't matter how it happened'

Can you see the irony?
>>
>>81367109

>There is no proof that a supernatural being was involved.

Creation of matter and energy from nothing directly violates every natural law we know, therefore the only thing you are left with is, by definition, supernatural.
>>
>>81367259

The evidence is the literal eye witness accounts. The assertation was made, by them, if you have some evidence to prove they were lying then show it.

The burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>81367259

>just doesn't fly

You are talking about an event that shaped the world more than any other force.

Miracles, like the Miracle of the Sun and the curing of Sister Marie Pierre's Parkinson's disease are two verified miracles that have happened this century, and are attributed to Christ.

Sorry /Reddit
>>
>>81367138

No it isn't a surprise. What's funny is no atheist I know reads any theology, or any serious theologian based in objective moralism I.e belief in God. No sound theology can have subjective morality since there is only one good, God, and all is good that flows through him. Thus he can only be subjective.

The obvious reason they don't read Christian arguments is that all theology of the last 150 are forces to be reckoned with. I've made it a point to read atheist books so I know best how to combat their silly ideas. I actually enjoy debating atheists irl for this reason. It's funny to watch them play their mind games and weasel their way out of reason, to observe their open contradictions in terms, to see them try so hard to argue that they themselves are an accident.

"He who never thirsts for God here, will thirst for him before he has been dead a minute".
>>
>>81367259

The problem with that (((argument))) is that no natural laws can explain the existence of anything. There is no cause for a beginning or the organization thereafter.

If there is a beginning there has to be a cause. We know there was a beginning. We also know that nothing creates nothing. So why is there anything at all?

Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.

The multiverse and computer simulation theories exist to explain away this paradox. They are based on zero facts. There is no evidence that supports these theories.

Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.
>>
>>81367267
>Because it's too hard?

Yeah, it kind of is, actually. Humanity hasn't quite gotten that far, yet.

>It's well accepted by modern Christians that God caused the Big Bang.

Wow, believers in God believe that God caused their creation. That's some really insightful shit right there.

Christians can "accept" anything they want. There is no reason at all to believe that a supernatural being had anything to do with The Big Bang

>It was first devised by Catholic Priest and Physcist George's Lemitre you understand.

First of all, what is "it"? "The Big Bang"? Even if it was devised by a Catholic Priest, that proves NOTHING about the existence of God. Nothing.

The rest of your post is standard begging the question apologetics.

Let's just get to Aquinas, because that's where this is inevitably headed.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.