[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adaptations that shit all over the source material bomb 90% of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: S70407-09500603.jpg (178KB, 720x1131px) Image search: [Google]
S70407-09500603.jpg
178KB, 720x1131px
Adaptations that shit all over the source material bomb 90% of the time, yet studios still take that route. Why is that?
>>
>>81361580
It's a pretty good adaptation. Maybe you should watch it for a change instead of spamming these threads every day on /tv/.
Also, if you didn't know this already, the original 1995 flick is also quite different in many ways to the manga.
>>
>>81361629
flick was boring as fuck, senpai
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (52KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
52KB, 500x682px
Same reason Adam Sandler keeps making movies that tank but doesn't care.
Money laundering.

When you need to 'clean' a shitload of dirty money you've gotten from drug deals or whatever, what better way than to hire a few of your friends or coworkers and overpay them by millions, then have them slip you the cash back later?
>>
>>81361629
it was okay but if they followed the source a bit closer it would've been absout kino
>>
>>81361653
You don't need to adapt some work, especially something as high profile as gits to do that. You could just keep churning out more of those strange movies that have all the celebrities but is about nothing at all and nobody hears about and no one watches.

There's a bunch of them but movie 43 is the only one I remember
>>
>>81361653
>Same reason Adam Sandler keeps making movies that tank but doesn't care.
Bruh, Adam Sandler movies are cheap as fuck to produce. Only one out of ten of them needs to become a hit to pay for the rest of them and turn a profit.
>>
>wahhh muh cartoons
gas yourself degener/a/te
>>
>>81361653
Do you really think that Adam Sandler is laundering dirty money? The guy's lifestyle and attitude doesn't really like up that. I think it's more likely that he takes a shitload of money from studios (because he always makes it back) and then hires a bunch of his friends to dick around on vacation in a tropical location telling fart jokes. Pretty sure he gives most of his money away too and keeps on the same crew members. Just seems like a dude that's taking advantage of a frivolous system rather than a Clinton-tier criminal.
>>
>>81361580
I wish Scarjo would shit all over me
>>
>>81361751
>blames anime because movie flopped
???
>>
File: russia will save gits.jpg (745KB, 1462x851px) Image search: [Google]
russia will save gits.jpg
745KB, 1462x851px
>>
>>81361759
You may not be aware of this but people of his ilk don't pay taxes.
>>
File: CDTzg90UkAEG_8h.jpg large.jpg (56KB, 1000x395px) Image search: [Google]
CDTzg90UkAEG_8h.jpg large.jpg
56KB, 1000x395px
>>81361580
>Why is that?

read the sony email leaks
>>
File: 1287774285146.jpg (6KB, 190x251px) Image search: [Google]
1287774285146.jpg
6KB, 190x251px
>>81361580
As a closet weeb, I have no desire to see any remake of an animated Japanese movie, I can tolerate something like Edge of tomorrow though.
>>
File: 32162376437.png (546KB, 874x830px) Image search: [Google]
32162376437.png
546KB, 874x830px
>>81364534
>As a closet weeb, I have no desire to see any remake of an animated Japanese movie
What about an animated Japanese remake?
>>
>>81364910
can't be worse than rise
>>
>>81361580
solid source material and an established audience are tough to pass up for an ego mad producer
>>
>>81361580
I'm a cyberpunk fan so I had to see it.

It was exactly what I expected: visually good, some good performances, was nice seeing shit in 3d, good webm opportunities.

That's all.
>>
>>81364938
Arise is a fucking masterpiece
>>
2 reasons:
1). If the source material is too complex/controversial/boring that they have to adapt it to Hollywood Standards, it's really already lost the battle.

2). Hollywood doesn't believe in niche markets, if it's not palatable enough for the average person, it gets these kinds of remakes. But, that makes for a mediocre movie.

Also, considering GitS pulled scenes straight from the animated film, it seems like they were trying to fit it into a predetermined mold, but it wouldn't really fit without some effort
Like ScarJo in her suit lel
>>
>>81361629
>It's a pretty good adaptation

Of 1987 robocop maybe.
>>
>>81365269
>Also, considering GitS pulled scenes straight from the animated film,

Those were just for the trailers to trick people into thinking the movie would be faithful
>>
>>81361629
Stop lying.
>>
i liked uzumaki when it was adapted to the screen, the manga was dope af except the dragonfly faggots and i enjoyed watching the movie adaption of it. solid movie except with a few missing parts which would've made the movie 10/10 to the manga, like the bitch whose body turns into a spiraling vortex, human snail mating and the rowhouses spiral.
>>
The original anime is not that great. Nerds just like to get mad about stuff that doesn't matter
>>
>>81365584
This post is not that great. Faggots just like to post about stuff they have no knowledge of.
>>
>>81364910
2nd Gig's main plot was trash, I can't wait to see where they take it next.
>>
>>81366245
It's pretty relevant in current day.

The idea of people reading the same source material and some of them radicalized with no need for further influence is relevant to current religious radicals. For example, second or even third generation muslims in europe are self radicalized following reading the similar source materials.

The idea of how information and how control of information can influence individual behavior in the current political and social landscape is also very relevant. Major social media companies filters and sorts information, government propagandas, self censoring, etc etc.

Ghost in the shell movie could have been a great commentary on the dangers of information age, as seen in stand alone complex.

Instead, we get a Jason Bourne cyberpunk movie.
>>
>>81361580
Because it's not true.
>>
>>81364329
>...he's super athletic, bendy, strong, intense...and it's all NBD to him, of course.

Oh my god maybe I'm way too tired but this made me fucking laaaaaaugh.
>>
>>81361580
If ScarJo's Major had nipples, this would have been a hit.
>>
>>81366413
Scarlett is a bad cast. Major is suppose to be a person of confidence. Scarlet has an eternal puzzled facial expression. It just does not convey the sort of literal number one hacker on the planet confidence.

Also wtf is with the hair style. It looks like a dog chewed on it and spit it out.
>>
File: large_the_producers_blu-ray_02.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
large_the_producers_blu-ray_02.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
>>81361759
>>81361653
Not always quite money laundering. Sometimes a bomb makes the producers more money than a hit. Plus Sandler gets to send his friends and family on a nice free vacation to wherever they film.
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 274x195px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 274x195px
It's been out for a week in the U.S., and has made over 70mil. Deadline was dead wrong.
>>
>>81361580
its literally the best anime adaptation of all time tho
>>
>>81366656
What are you comparing it to? Dragon Ball? If so then yes, GitS movie is god like.
>>
>>81366545

read the article

>and that's based off a global B.O. projection of $200M ($50M domestic, $150M international) and combined P&A/production costs of $250M
>>
>>81364329
To a tee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AySXu8x-RnA
>>
File: super major.jpg (113KB, 672x904px) Image search: [Google]
super major.jpg
113KB, 672x904px
>>81366413
>If ScarJo's Major had nipples
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.