[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people love this shit flick so much? It's so fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

Why do people love this shit flick so much? It's so fucking bad. Is Volume 2 any better?
>>
>>81357080
Volume 2 is a very different movie. Less action more story. Perhaps if you could explain what you didn't like about it instead of just shitposting like a child trying to be contrarian, we'd be able to more accurately tell whether the 2nd movie would be more enjoyable to you.
>>
I liked it but if you didnt like it I dunno why you would like the 2nd, the second does have alot more character stuff and less action, although it does have one big fight.
>>
>>81357080
>trying to be contrarian
Kill Bill is objectively fucking garbage, only someone with the brain of a 12 year old could legitimately consider this a good film.
I'm not trying to be anything, I'm just stating facts.
>>
>>81357080
It's entertaining to watch the stuff happen, for the most part.
>>
Part 1 does not hold up will. 1st I saw it meh. you need to see it at a theatre. The second time a drunk guy was there, the movie was 1000 % better.
Part 2 was awful. The pacing was bad and its like they were just trying to strecth the movie. Im still planning on going to kill bill 3.
>>
Vol. 1 is a kung-fu movie pastiche, Vol. 2 is closer to a spaghetti western.

They're both fine, but neither are particularly great.
>>
>>81357446
>Im still planning on going to kill bill 3.
why though?
>>
Brilliant 2 part film, fuck neo /tv/

More heart than most Tarantino's, effortlessly traverses a number of genres, amazing action and fights, and story.
>>
I enjoy it.
>>
>>81357594
>More heart than most Tarantino's
Django is a thousand times better than this and Inglorious Basterds is his best movie.
>>
>>81357886
Django is his worst movie by a whole lot
>>
>>81357080
yes, volume 2 is the more entertaining of the two movies
>>
>>81357950
t. Someone Who's Never Seen Kill Bill
>>
>>81357080
The Kill Bill films are among Tarantula's best.
>>
>>81357080

because you didnt watch it during the time it came out
>>
>>81359795
And? Garbage is garbage no matter when it comes out.
>>
>>81357080
one of my most hated films ever
>>
>>81359716
Please explain this opinion, the fight scene everybody raves about isn't even impressive.
>>
>>81360114
>isn't even impressive.

Compared to what?
>>
>>81358553
Kill Bill is mediocre, Django is downright terrible. This is coming from someone who is generally a fan of blaxploitation, spaghetti westerns and Tarantino.
>>
>>81360921
fight scenes in other action movies.
>>
>>81360974
What's downright terrible about Django Unchained?
>>
File: UA.jpg (84KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
UA.jpg
84KB, 1000x535px
>>81361011
...Like? Why are you dragging this out? Just say everything that's on your mind.
>>
>>81358408
huh, I thought I was alone with this opinion.
>>
>>81361033
Everything
>>
>>81361073
I like 2 better as well
>>
>>81361073
>>81361137

That second eye pluck
>>
File: struts_159154314_1754472391.jpg (30KB, 471x424px) Image search: [Google]
struts_159154314_1754472391.jpg
30KB, 471x424px
Both Kill Bills are dope as fuck, ya'll a bunch of hipster dick gobblers
>>
>>81357886
>Inglorious Basterds is his best movie.

Agreed, and I like Tarantino. This movie is one of my favorites, especially the opening scene
>>
>>81361346
That movie is lame and so are you
>>
>>81361534
t. mommy
>>
I put Kill Bill as Tarantino's most spergtastic movie he's ever made. He is cramming too many styles together with a retarded plot. It's entertaining while you are watching it, but that's really all you can say about it.
>>
>>81357080
Pretty shit taste my lad
>>
It's an R-rated, excessively violent action movie with an enjoyable script and fun characters. Yeah, we used to get those all the time in the 80s and early 90s, but these days most Hollywood action movies are PG-13 which translates to tamer themes/dialogue/story/etc on top of there just not being as much blood. So people really love and remember the few *good* R-rated action movies we do get. Even if they're just good, not Citizen Kane.
>>
>>81357080
woo hoo woo hoo hoo
>>
>>81361611
>but that's really all you can say about it.
The performances by all involved except Gordon Liu as Pai Mei are amazing. Bill's dialogue is exquisite. The soundtrack's good. Yeah.
>>
I rewatched it a couple a days ago and it was fantastic.

I don't get why people don't like simplistic movies like this.
>>
>>81361741
We hate fun.
>>
>>81361033
It's completely weightless, tonally misjudged, Foxx is miscast and it's his worst edited movie by far.
>>
>>81361873

The woman who edited all of Tarantino's movies before then died, and the new one just wasn't as good. Not necessarily Tarantino's fault though considering he was replacing one of the greatest editors in film history... I mean, could we fault a director, for example, for not living up to Kubrick?
>>
>>81357080

One of the greatest 21st century movies and certainly the best Tarantino's movie.
>>
>>81362031

/thread
>>
Are you idiot? I don't like Tarantino but Kill bill and Pulp fiction are real masterworks.
Kill bill is full of reference to japanese samurai film that take place in USA, with amazing actress and beautiful VFX (like bmovie blood). Why don't you like it?
>>
>>81361611
It's not even entertaining.

>>81361735
Fuck you, that shit was cringe-worthy.
>>
File: 12585698588.gif (2MB, 332x215px) Image search: [Google]
12585698588.gif
2MB, 332x215px
>>81357198
>>
>>81361873
All of this is wrong.
>>
>>81357080
Are you kidding? It was great you dumb nigger. Campy revenge story, with a likable protag. Literally kino.
>>
>>81362078
>It's not even entertaining.
How's that?
>>
>>81362106
>Campy revenge story, with a likable protag. Literally kino.
The Bride isn't a likeable protagonist at all because she's barely a character.
>>
>>81357524
Cause I like the look of it and there should be atleast 2 charachters that are interesting. If this movie isnt good then i'm bootlegging tarentino movies from then on. Just like micheal bay cheated on transformers 3d - it was just 3 scenes. so I wont spend with him.
>>
>>81357080
Fun dialog, fun action, nice sets. Love letter to old kung fu movies.
>>
>>81362179
Did we watch the same movie? Explain your meme?
>>
>>81362110
It's not interesting visually or particularly nice to look at.
The action scenes are poorly directed over the top cartoon nonsense.
Almost every character is flat, O-Ren built up throughout the entire movie, yet she barely has screen time and loses fairly easily.

Movies like John Wick and Commando work because we actually get to see the protagonist interact with other people they're not fighting, they feel real.
In Kill Bill, besides Hattori, we don't see The Bride talk to anyone that isn't an antagonist, and even then her relationship with Hattori wasn't informal.
>>
>>81362210
I'm talking about Vol. 1.
>>
File: eoasktapet.png (131KB, 1197x675px) Image search: [Google]
eoasktapet.png
131KB, 1197x675px
>>81362279
>It's not interesting visually or particularly nice to look at.
Yeah it's not too fancy. That CGI shot of the plane coming into Tokyo without a visible runway is pretty baffling to be honest. But it makes up for it in other shots.
>The action scenes are poorly directed over the top cartoon nonsense.
Define poorly directed. And the whole point of the one vs <88 fight scene was to be over the top. Or did you not notice? It's fine if that's not your bag, but that's not an inherent x on the film's part.
>Almost every character is flat, O-Ren built up throughout the entire movie, yet she barely has screen time and loses fairly easily.
Gogo Yubari isn't meant to be a complex character. And that's fine. She's a goon for O-Ren. Vernita Green is developed greatly in the short time we spend with her. Hattori Hanzo, as well. Sophie's fine, really. Her ending bit gave her good flashes of character.
>Guessing won't be necessary
>Fuck you blonde
etc.
>In Kill Bill, besides Hattori, we don't see The Bride talk to anyone that isn't an antagonist, and even then her relationship with Hattori wasn't informal.
Vernita Green. From the dialogue between O-Ren and Beatrix we can infer they have respect for each other: O-Ren taking time in the middle of their fight to apologize for insulting her. Beatrix also knows all about O-Ren. This is a stretch, and you're free to dismiss it, but I got the feeling Beatrix and O-Ren were friendly enough that O-Ren told B about her past.

As for Bud and co. we see their characterization from interacting with other characters man stop talking bullshit.
>>
Both movies are fucking great. I watched them recently- I was struck by the cultural impact that these movies, especially the first, had at the time. Remember when the matrix came out and everyone was doing a matrix parody? The same was true of Kill Bill for a while.

I'm not saying that makes it a great movie inherently, but it makes it an influential one, and influential movies are more likely to be 'great.'

Anyway, they're kino
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.