[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got done with watching Farscape (including the 3 hour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: gul dukat and scorpius.png (291KB, 733x421px) Image search: [Google]
gul dukat and scorpius.png
291KB, 733x421px
So I just got done with watching Farscape (including the 3 hour movie) and now I'm wondering what to check out next.

Just to give you an idea what I've seen before: the entirety of Star Trek, Babylon 5 and its canceled spinoff, Crusade. Do you know any other great shows with similiar themes or just awesome storytelling and character development in general?

What I loved the most were these two guys (see image), they were extraordinary examples of villains/anti-heroes. I enjoyed every single episode and scene with them.
>>
COME ON, HOOK ME UP WITH SOME SWEET SCIFI TO WATCH
>>
>>81343350
How would you rate Farscape?
I've never seen it but just downloaded the whole lot because everyone says if I like Stargate then I'll like Farscape.
>>
File: muh bionicle.jpg (32KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
muh bionicle.jpg
32KB, 624x352px
>>81343350
Just watch T:SCC, Cromartie/John Henry is the definition of a anti villain
>>
>>81343783
Farscape is fucking great, the more you watch of it the better it gets. Towards the end shit really starts hitting the fan. The series itself shows a more realistic version of the universe unlike the typical Trek one with far more outlandish aliens and lots of humor. But it can be extremely serious and emotional, too. This show has it all, thanks to its incredible cast. Especially the introduction of Scorpius has taken Farscape to a whole different level.
>>
File: 1242033141496.jpg (96KB, 948x720px) Image search: [Google]
1242033141496.jpg
96KB, 948x720px
>>
>>81343350
Londo is probably the best Villan since hes in such a grey area..
>>
>>81343948
I never considered Londo Mollari to be a villain, he just was a guy who got screwed over by circumstances. Doing deals with the shadows was easily his greatest mistake which led to him getting blackmailed and so on. There were far greater evils out there anyway.
>>
>>81343838
I'm surprised the Terminator movies got their own series. I was looking for something more extra-terrestial, tho.
>>
File: 1401812321947.jpg (449KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1401812321947.jpg
449KB, 1280x1024px
>>81343350
I grew up watching the Treks and TNG was my favourite until I saw DS9, both were supplanted by Battlestar Galactica which has a number of better points

>Nearer-to-now tech means everything is familiar and almost no technobabble
>More believable humans (flawed, emotive, more like us in general)
>Better soundtrack
>More realistic space combat
>It's like Voyager done right: they have no backup and the fleet and population deteriorates over time
>>
>>81344637
>>81344684
The Sarah Connor Chronicles is also good, although it's got some really bad CGI and ends on a cliffhanger it has a lot of new ideas using the Terminator universe. Cersei Lannister has a terrible fake American accent though, and it even bothered me as a Brit so I can imagine it's even worse for a native.

It's worth a watch but I wouldn't put it anywhere near the levels of Farscape, Trek or BSG though.
>>
Anyone know if Stargate is any good compared to these shows?
>>
File: 1471733858448.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471733858448.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>81344893
I want everyone to feel the emptiness and overwhelming, crushing longlasting sadness I was left with when I finished that show.
Barely noticed Lenas accent though and I grew up in Lincolnshire
>>
>>81343350
Farscape is still probably my favourite sci-fi series as a whole. Its only surpassed by 1st season of Lexx, it practically consists of 4 movies and is incredibly unique when it comes to scifi. Unfortunately it becomes increasingly shit after that and anything beyond s2 is plain terrible.

And as already suggested, Battlestar Galactica is decent.
>>
>>81344893
Did the Sarah Connor Chronicles ever resemble the the series premiere during its run? I recall the first episode was pretty good but every time I'd sporadically watch an episode it was just dull.
>>
>>81345246
It's like your standard sci-fi show, the pilot was story-arch then there's a bunch of "AI-of-the-week" episodes aren't that good and can be safely ignored, the story ones were pretty good on the whole though, and it got cancelled just when it was looking like it was on the right track. Later episodes definitely beat the pilot.
>>
>>81344684
>>Better soundtrack
Understatement of the thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhkmglawA2w
>>
>>81343783
Take O'Neill from Stargate. Now apply that wacky side of him to all of Farscape. That's what Farscape is.
>>
>>81345532
Godammit now I miss the show.
>>
>>81344003
>mass driving Gkars planet by sheer stubbornness
>not evil
>>
BSG is very, very good if you haven't seen that. If you've got Amazon Prime and thus Season 1 of the Expanse you can check that out, but I wouldn't spend any money on it.

I also like Killjoys quite a bit, but it's definitely not a high-tier or high-brow show. It's lots of fun, though.
>>
>>81347084
Expanse is also in netflix. Season 2 will air on netflix when s2 on tv ends.
>>
>>81347084
Surprised Killjoys got a 2/3rd season
>>
Garak was the greatest character on DS9 desu
>>
>>81347084
Don't believe his lies.

BSG is a half written pile of garbage
>>
>>81348443
>*tips fedora*

Yeah it's a sci-fi show with religious elements, wanna fight abowd it?
>>
>>81348512
It's not even the religious elements that are the problem.
The problem is all the plot holes and unfinished plot archs. It simply drops plot lines mid stream and never continues them.
>>
>>81344637
Space: Above and Beyond
Stargate Universe
Earth 2
>>
File: 1489305591830.jpg (18KB, 367x479px) Image search: [Google]
1489305591830.jpg
18KB, 367x479px
>>81345532
its all been downhill from here
>>
>>81349990
Have a glass of Ambrosia on me, Chief. And smile, you're scaring the nuggets.
>>
>>81343783
Literally my favourite show (I'm a pleb)

It's wacky as fuck, but if you like deep feels this show is great.
>>
>>81344684
Gaeta did nothing wrong
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.