[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the increasing numbers of streaming services backfire? Seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0813.png (910KB, 1156x652px)
IMG_0813.png
910KB, 1156x652px
Will the increasing numbers of streaming services backfire? Seems like it will get too cumbersome or expensive and people will just pirate what isn't available on the service they use.
>>
It already has. Netflix had the potential to be a unifying streaming hub but studios wanted their own piece of the cake so they're all splitting off and dying. Reminds me of those useless services that exist outside of Steam.
>>
I sure do love paying for a small selection of bargain bin movies from the last 15 years.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>81332943
No bro didn't you hear? Streaming is totally gonna kill cable by having almost the exact same issues as cable.
>>
>>81332943
Some genius will soon come up with an idea to bundle different streaming services together for a single (probably reduced) subscription.

That way streaming will be in no way different than different cable packages - various channels of either proprietary or syndicated contend for an over-inflated price.
>>
File: DocBrown.jpg (38KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
DocBrown.jpg
38KB, 620x350px
>>81332943
Even with Stars, Netflix, HBO Go, and Amazon I'm still paying less than I would for cable services.

Like what the fuck are cable companies even thinking? Who the fuck is in that board room saying "yeah we need to keep charging X dollars".

Fucking morons LITERALLY run companies.
>>
>>81333074
Well, in a way, paying $8 for Netflix is far better then paying $100 for a satellite bill to watch essentially the same thing to nothing.

>No decent cable company around here, family wants tv and cant live without stupid shows, so I pay.

But for real, I dont buy into the whole paying a shit load of money to watch commercial ridden shows, the whole point of commercials was to make the shit free, now its just another thing.

>You watch public airway TV, you get commercials.
>You pay for cable, you bypass commercials.
then cable became commercials.
>You pay for satellite to avoid commercials.
Now that has them.
>You pay for streaming to avoid commercials.
soon, that will change too.

The future of streaming is actually opening weekend theater movies on demand, until they all split up again like you see now.
>>
>>81333119
Yeah, streaming will just go the way of TV now in that you'll need to subscribe to a dozen different services to get what you want to watch. Though I'll just continue to pirate everything like i do already so who cares.
>>
>>81333146
with Stars, Netflix, HBO Go, and Amazon plus my monthly ISP bill(who is the same as the cable company) i'd be paying the same as i did for tv, internet, and phone from them. they really have me over the barrel no matter what.
>>
>>81333234
Not with a Roku 3. You can stream anything to your TV. Or a Kodi or a Raspberry Pie and a handful of other devices.

You just need to get off your fat ass and set that shit up. It takes like 25 minutes.
>>
File: 1477086985999.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477086985999.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>81333234
>paying for a land line in 2017

Are you 70 years old? Just pay for internet.
>>
>>81333374
>2017.
>American cable/internet/telehpone providers are still using bottom of the barrel technology.

Motherfucker not that anon, but my phone crackles when it rains and Verizon tells me "its perfectly normal" and dosent even give a shit.

The fuck, id pay for phone and internet on separate lines too given how unstable all their garbage is.
>Oh no, my Internets down, hey company, come fix this shit.
>Nah see ya next month faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (637KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
637KB, 2048x1536px
Someone needs to build a set top box that can display/search for content on all streaming services the user is subscribed to. Having to enter a different app and search for shit on every service individually is cumbersome.
>>
>>81333500
like Kodi?
>>
>>81333500
It's called Kodi

It's been a thing for about 4 years
>>
I have
>netflix
>hulu
>amazon prime
>hbo
>crunchyroll
>criterion/turner streaming I always forget the name of
>WWE Network
>>
File: 1485612804200.png (814KB, 604x717px) Image search: [Google]
1485612804200.png
814KB, 604x717px
>>81335395
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.