[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some true stories you can't belive haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (266KB, 747x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 747x1000px
What are some true stories you can't belive haven't been adapted yet?

>The Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914–17), also known as the Endurance Expedition, is considered the last major expedition of the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration. Conceived by Sir Ernest Shackleton, the expedition was an attempt to make the first land crossing of the Antarctic continent. After the conquest of the South Pole by Roald Amundsen in 1911, this crossing remained, in Shackleton's words, the "one great main object of Antarctic journeyings". The expedition failed to accomplish this objective, but became recognised instead as an epic feat of endurance.

>Endurance became beset in the ice of the Weddell Sea before reaching Vahsel Bay, and drifted northward, held in the pack ice, throughout the Antarctic winter of 1915. Eventually the ship was crushed and sunk, stranding its 28-man complement on the ice. After months spent in makeshift camps as the ice continued its northwards drift, the party took to the lifeboats to reach the inhospitable, uninhabited Elephant Island. Shackleton and five others then made an 800-mile (1,287 km) open-boat journey in the James Caird to reach South Georgia. From there, Shackleton was eventually able to mount a rescue of the men waiting on Elephant Island and bring them home without loss of life.
>>
hollywood isn't interested in good stories.
write a script and make it.
>>
Bumping because it's the best thread idea I've seen all week.
>>
>>81320365
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shackleton_(TV_serial)
>>
>>81320365
La noche triste
>>
>>81320365
Same, I read a book on Shackleton and holy shit this guy was one tough guy.

The boat they use to get to Elephant Island was literally a big canoe with a sail and it went through huge antarctic seas.

Insane story that most of them got out alive.
>>
>>81320365
This was already adapted. It stars Kenneth Branagh.
>>
>>81320365
>>81322277
>>
>all white males
Fuck off racist
>>
>>81320365

"true"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terror_(novel)
>>
>>81322381
why hasn't there ever been a polar expedition entirely staffed by women? are they too fucking lazy?
>>
I've read most of the Shackleton books and am pretty familiar with it. Its a grand adventure story, so why hasn't it been made into a film? Because no one died, first of all. Second, there's no villains in this story. Third, there's no women or minorities in it. There's no explosions or special effects in it.
>>
>>81322679
They'd have killed each other ten miles out of port
>>
That one battle where the U.S army and Wehrmacht worked together to take a castle from the SS.
>>
I feel like most real life adventure stories don't translate well to the screen. A good example is kon-tiki , which was a awesome book, but the film version was boring as fuck. Same with all those "dude climbs Mount Everest and breaks his leg but somehow survives" movies. Boring
>>
File: 1467292250071.jpg (42KB, 327x475px) Image search: [Google]
1467292250071.jpg
42KB, 327x475px
>>81320365
There's actually a documentary of this, with the actual film they shot on the expedition. Pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264578/
>>
>>81322876
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/peter-landesman-will-stage-last-battle-studiocanal/

Already one being made
>>
>>81322893
I agree.
A Documentary with fictional re-enactments of the interesting parts is better.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.