[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Milch perhaps stumble upon a lost play of Shakespeare's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 085f76c.jpg (57KB, 650x408px) Image search: [Google]
085f76c.jpg
57KB, 650x408px
Did Milch perhaps stumble upon a lost play of Shakespeare's and turn it into a TV drama? Because I have no other explanation. Literally what did he mean by this: the show. Honest to fucking Christ, I understood The Wire easier than this, and I hate nogz. Great stuff that really makes you think. Although Alma Garett's character sucks big time.
>>
>>81308750
>Alma Garett's character sucks big time
this, she'd be dead by episode 2 if it was real life.
>>
Deadwood is in my top 5 favorite shows and has some of the most well-crafted dialogue I've ever heard, but I think it's arguable whether it's truly great writing or just flowery theatrical indulgence.

I would trade all seasons of the Wire for one more season of Deadwood
>>
>>81308801
I only wanted to kill Jane, what's wrong with Alma's character?
>>
>>81308801
>western town muderering a rich white eastern woman
You're probably a retard who though the whole end segment of the 3:10 to Yuma shit remake was great and plausible.
>>
>>81308908
flowery indulgence? nah. indulgent? hell yeah. it's great writing. the Wu-Who, the fifth estate, the unverified cinnamon, the monologues with the indian head, etc.
>>
>>81308750
Deadwood is really only shakesperian in that the main characters have asides/soliloquies.

Pretty much any episode of deadwood is far deeper than even hamlet or henry 8th
>>
File: Wolcott.jpg (304KB, 1000x555px) Image search: [Google]
Wolcott.jpg
304KB, 1000x555px
>Past hope. Past kindness or consideration. Past justice. Past satisfaction. Past warmth or cold or comfort. Past love. But past surprise? What an endlessly unfolding tedium life would then become.

What the FUCK did he mean by this?
>>
Can we agree that there was a complete waste of Brian Cox happening here?
>>
File: hangdai.jpg (6KB, 440x360px) Image search: [Google]
hangdai.jpg
6KB, 440x360px
Who /hangdai/ here?
>>
>>81309348
Bryan Cocks?
>>
File: leon-57a322c5ab638.jpg (10KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
leon-57a322c5ab638.jpg
10KB, 230x230px
>>81309352
Nah, who /leon/ here?
>>
File: ..png (3MB, 1918x1065px) Image search: [Google]
..png
3MB, 1918x1065px
>>81309322
Why has Garrett Dillahunt had so many GOAT roles?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKIK5ei_Lhg
>>
>>81309884
>so good he was on the show twice
>>
>>81309322
that scene and the one before with Tolliver are incredible

>Believing yourself past surprise does not commend you to me as a friend. A man inadequately sophisticated or merely ignorant, or simply stupid, may believe himself past surprise, then be surprised to discover, for example, that Mr. Hearst already knows of my inclinations and finds them immaterial. Suggesting as a corollary that your skills for blackmail and manipulation no longer are assets to you, and for your fatuous belief in their efficacy, in fact have become liabilities.
>In short, you've overplayed your hand. Now I should think, in consequence, now recognizing yourself as a man past his time, that during this last transitional period you would devote yourself with grateful and quiet diligence to such uses as others may still find you suitable.
>>
Was Cy the literal Devil?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.