[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you put Justified among the television greats like Sopranos,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

File: S3.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
S3.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
Would you put Justified among the television greats like Sopranos, The Wire or Mad med?
>>
Yes, it is literally my favorite show.
>>
it's definitely the most entertaining
>>
Yes, this and Deadwood

yea I think he's handsome, so what?
>>
dewey crowe did nothing wrong
>>
it's a really great show but i wouldn't put it up there

i also wouldn't put the wire in the upper echelons either
i used to think it was one of the best, but after rewatching it, it doesn't hold up, not like deadwood/sopranos/mad men do
>>
>mad men
>television greats
Top kek
>>
>>81261973
yes
>>
no, it's good but it's just barely good

if it it were any worse it would be damn near bad
>>
>>81262200
>i used to think it was one of the best, but after rewatching it, it doesn't hold up, not like deadwood/sopranos/mad men do
I couldn't really tell, I still think its an incredible show its just I don't notice or understand what makes sopranos/deadwood/madmen great. So I don't have anything to benchmark it with, in Justified I just love the characters and the non stop hilarity of it all, it just seems really well done to me. I've rewatched the first 4 seasons 3 times since when it aired
This is one of the reasons I love T:SCC, because for the sentimentality not for the bad writing that I barely notice I tend to turn my brain off.
>>
File: JUST 2.jpg (627KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
JUST 2.jpg
627KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>81262656
hehe... meme
>>
>>81261973
>mad men
Id put it higher since the characters could actually act.
>>
Yes, just based on the dialogue alone. Walton Goggins is legitimately one of the best actors ever, and I'm not some fuckin pleb that hasn't watched anything made before 1990 saying that.
>>
>>81261973
>God Tier
Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood
>Halfway tier
Mad Men
>Jesus Tier
Arrested develompment, The Shield, Justified, The Americans
>>
>>81262673
>no homer pic
>>
File: JUSTified.jpg (93KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTified.jpg
93KB, 1024x576px
>>81262656
>>
>>81262764
What Allah tier would be then?
>>
>>81261973

I just rewatched this show a week ago.

I would not put it on par with those shows. Raylan and Boyd are the only characters that are given any depth and even then they are on the same level as secondary characters on a show like Mad Men.

But it is entertaining, no doubt about that. I'd say it's closer to The Shield.
>>
>>81262849
The Black Mirror episode with the pig fucking
>>
>>81261973
I'm not american, where does rylan buy those cool plaid shirts?
>>
>>81261973
I'd put it up there. It was consistently entertaining, had great memorable characters, good episode-to-episode storylines as well as solid arcs across characters and seasons.
>>
>>81262133

>I had 4 kidneys?!
>>
>>81263136
Look up western cut slim fit plaid shirts on Amazon. Levi's makes some really nice ones for pretty cheap and they literally last forever. Like my dad has ones he still wears that he got in the 80's and I steal and wear sometimes.
>>
>>81263136
go clothes shopping at a store that sells bullets and fishing licenses
>>
>>81263213

Do they have those outside of North America?
>>
>it's a harlan loses his hat episode
>>
>>81262634
I had to read your post twice and I still don't get it
>>
>>81261973

Its entertaining.

But some of the acting was laughable and the stories a bit absurd.

Not the same league.
>>
File: img_97.jpg (251KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
img_97.jpg
251KB, 1600x1066px
>>81263207

My favorite shirt I own is a western cut pearl snap Wrangler plaid shirt my dad bought in the 70's and I found in the attic a few years ago. All I did to it was remove the Wrangler tag from the shirt pocket. I wear it all the time for all different things, hell you can even tuck with full button and throw on a loose solid color skinny tie and it is exactly something Raylan would wear.
>>
>>81261973
No doubt.

1. Sopranos
2. Boardwalk Empire
3. Justified
4. Deadwood
5. The Wire

Also, Justified had the GOAT finale.

>tfw we dug coal together
>>
>>81263716
I don't notice a significant difference in quality between sopranos/deadwood and justified
>>
I love how it really captures Elmore Leonard style. There's some good prose and style yet it's fairly low key and unambitious which is one of its qualities. Unlike other fx shows like the shield or soa it does not try to be serialized gritty amoral post HBO clichés with never-ending spiral of chaos. It's like one of those comfy USA procedurals that never take themselves seriously except with excellent production value and classic western violence when shit do get serious. I wish there were more shows like that.
>>
Is Justified an accurate portrayal of life in Kentucky?
>>
File: cooper_twinpeaks.jpg (137KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
cooper_twinpeaks.jpg
137KB, 500x374px
>>81264000
>tfw found a hardcover copy of Tishomingo Blues at the thrift store for fifty cents and it was signed by Elmore inside
>>
>>81264030

No, there is far more xanax, shooting, and inbreeding. Other than that yes.
>>
>>81264168
>No, there is far more xanax, shooting, and inbreeding
In the series or in actual kentucky?
>>
>>81264195

Actual.

Can confirm what that anon said and I'll add one more thing: meth.
>>
>>81264195

Actual Kentucky.
>>
>>81264030
I'm from East Tennessee rather than Eastern Kentucky but yeah it's pretty close, I mean it's still a tv drama but not far off. The landscape looks nothing like that though, the shows shot in California.
>>
Why is Timothy stiff as fuck in every role he plays? It's like he has a steel beam instead of a spine.
>>
>>81264168
>>81264195
>>81264256
>>81264262
>>81264285
And the rest of America is okay with one of their states being a third-world shithole?
>>
File: Giant Spider Invasion.jpg (61KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Spider Invasion.jpg
61KB, 500x333px
>>81264285
I spent some time in Tennessee, mainly Bristol when I was first starting out covering NASCAR events before I started writing about movies, and goddamn do you have some ridiculously good looking women down there.

>tfw met a University of Tennessee girl at a bar where she was riding a bull and then she rode me
>>
>>81264362

Most of those people just want to stay in their hollers, smoking meth and taking xanax bars, drinking moonshine, and fucking their sisters while claiming welfare then trying to shoot any interlopers that come around. As long as they stay the fuck away from my part of the world I say let them stay right where they are and keep on keepin on.
>>
can regular people just walk around with boots and cowboy hat because you live in a certain state?
it looks so sweet
>>
>>81264573

Shit man I know guys that walk around like that here in upstate New York.
>>
>>81264285
> shows shot in California
DROPPED
>>
>>81264362
It's Kentucky. They like it that way.
>>
>>81264362
There's plenty of places like that in the U.S., it's not like Kentucky or even the Appalachian region has some kind of monopoly on poverty, crime and despair. And obviously people disagree about whether it is okay or not, that's politics. Its difficult to address in that part of the country because the people have like an ingrained cultural resentment of authority. It's a region that was settled by people from Ireland and Scotland. People have "kin" and feuds and the whole thing. East TN actually tried to secede from the rest of the state during the civil war, and was rife with partisans for the duration. Not because they believed in the Union cause, but because they felt they were being taken advantage of and dragged into a war for the planter elite in Memphis and Nashville.

>>81264504
Yeah girls here are fantastic. It's a nice place to live. I went away for school for a few years and live in Nashville now.
>>
>>81261973
Season 2 with Margo Martindale is one of the best seasons of TV I've ever watched.
>>
>>81264926
She was absolutely fantastic in that season. Everyone was, Jeremy Davies and her both won the Emmy for it didn't they?
>>
>>81262849
Youtube clips of beheaddings
>>
>>81261973
>le community of kind old black men sheltering poor abused white women from their evil white husbands
Justified peaked with its pilot.
>>
>>81264362
>have state where most people are miners
>get big businesses to pay employees with company tokens
>tokens can only be used at company stores so you will never be able to leave the state
>talk about how much money the state brings america despite the people working like slaves
Now they just get interns to work for free.
>>
>>81261973
First 3 seasons I would. Unfortunately it goes too inconsistent after that
>>
>>81265078

I guess you conveniently forget that they were doing it just for money and had ulterior motives in both cases and Limehouse and the rest of his ditsoons were some of the most evil greedy fucks on the entire show.
>>
>>81261973
>it's a mad men /tv/ memer

/tv/ is the only site that's dumb enough and pleb enough to rank mad men in the same league as sopranos. Look ANYWHERE else and you will not see this dicksucking opinion. Worst meme on /tv/ is pretending mad men is anything more than average
>>
>>81261973
Not even fucking close. This shit isn't even Carnivale tier.
>>
>>81265118
7>2>4>>3>1>5
>>
>>81265185
Though I disagree with you, SEASON THREE FUCKING WHEN? There is still time. You can get Nick Stahl for a pack of Camels so the budget would be even lower than before too.
>>
>>81265078
Try actually watching the show retard.
>>
>>81265167
Shut up cuck
>>
>>81265288
I meant season 6 obviosly
>>
File: 1489087703126.webm (360KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1489087703126.webm
360KB, 720x404px
>>81261973
Sopranos, The Wire and Mad Men are tier 1 aka normie shit

Justified and Banshee are tier 2, good shit but normies didn't cum over it

Spartacus and Burn Notice are tier 3, comfy shit you'd watch unironically
>>
>>81261973
Id say just watch season 1 and 3.
>>
>>81265601
banshee is a shitty show. but it is a fun show
>>
>>81261973
Question is
Why did he leave Harlan alive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiE_Bk8FOY0
>>
>>81265744
>white people consider this """"""""music"""""""""""
>>
>>81265744
Did he really though?
>>
>>81265694
>Skipped season 2, the best
>Skipped season 4, the other best
>Skipped season 7, the god tier final season
>>
>>81265802
pretty sure most ethnicities do

>>81265807
yup
>>
>>81265802
>It's a fourteen year old shitskin that wears his sister's clothes from /mu/ that UNIRONICALLY likes Kanye West thinks his opinion matters post

GarbageCan.png
>>
>>81265847

I say Raylan didn't leave Harlan alive. The man he had to become to make it out of there left Harlan alive and he left Raylan back in Harlan. Shit's deep.
>>
Justified is a great show, but I'm not sure I'd put it on par with shows like Breaking Bad.

I rank it alongside The Shield. Seriously good shows, consistently written, satisfying endings.
>>
>>81265928
I dont know, he didnt seem that "dead on the inside"
Sure he wasnt the same guy in the last scene, but that was something that changed during the show and started fairly early
>>
>>81265929
The Shield>Breaking Bad tho.
Breaking Bad was ruined by those fucking last 16 episodes. The shield last season was on par with justified: Absolute KINO
>>
>>81262097
Deadwood is the most boring series i have ever seen, and this is coming from someone who's favourite TV series is Six Feet Under. You'd think a show set in a lawless western town would have more to offer than 3 seasons of "cocksucker," boring subplots and an underehel action scene once a season
>>
>>81266070
>Six Feet Under
Last season in kino, but the series is so fucking flat
>>
ON THIS LONELY ROAD
>>
>>81266209
TRYNA MAKE IT HOME
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.