[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a bunch of people jumping around in ape suits wow kubrick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ooga booga.png (153KB, 480x216px) Image search: [Google]
ooga booga.png
153KB, 480x216px
>a bunch of people jumping around in ape suits

wow kubrick what a genius
>>
>>81241402
this movie is fucking garbage
anyone who says it's good based on visual effects might have an extra chromosome.
>>
>>81241402
Interstellar is unironically a much better film than 2001, but plebs don't realize it yet
>>
>>81241427

You're fucking garbage, and if you post again I'm gonna kill you.
>>
>>81241402

comprehensive
complete

http://www.kubrick2001.com/
>>
>>81241543
Eh, still didn't feel all that much. I like all his other movies more. This one just falls short for me.
>>
>>81241427
fpbp.
>>
>>81241402
>>81241427
>>81241432
Are we being invaded by /r/movies?
>>
>You're free to speculate as you wish about the philosophical and allegorical meaning of the film—and such speculation is one indication that it has succeeded in gripping the audience at a deep level—but I don't want to spell out a verbal road map for 2001 that every viewer will feel obligated to pursue or else fear he's missed the point.

>LOL, THERE IS NO STORY ON PURPOSE.
What a shit movie, what a shit director. I am not against having to think about a film, but a film is a story a director is attempting to tell, not something which is up for you to decide, what kind of shit is that? That is fine if there is some resemblance of choice - Did he live? did he die?

But this film probably represents some logically incoherent mess which only made sense inside of Kubricks head.

Fuck this guy. Films need some form of objective meaning, or what the fuck is the point of telling a story where literally nothing happens.
>>
>>81241427
I'm a fan of Kubrick, but I agree 100%, this film was trash.
>>
>>81242298
>Films need some form of objective meaning
awesome, glad you just defined art for everyone.
>>
the deactivation of HAL scene is one of the best in cinema and I don't care what you say
>>
>>81242788
>artists don't put their meaning into the works
Are you a literal retard? All art has some form of objective meaning, physical art as in paintings always have that subjective side as well. The artist was feeling something when he painted the picture which he can put into words to explain what his painting means to him.

Notice, also in that direct quote, I was specifically referring to films, or movies, or flicks. Not art as a whole, which you still have an inherent misunderstanding of.

Great argument, btw.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.