[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people consider Quentin Tarantino's good? Even realistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1490977392206.jpg (42KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1490977392206.jpg
42KB, 641x530px
Why do people consider Quentin Tarantino's good? Even realistic?

I always thought it sounded cringey and autistic. Do people say he writes good dialogue as an attempt to fit?
>>
>>81238386
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
because they're plebs
quentin tarantino is the most entry-level tier director out there. because he makes his dialogue go on for long periods of time, people think it's realistic. the characters don't stutter or anything, everything is thought out, but just because the dialogue goes on for five minutes, people think it's "just like real life"
a better example of realistic dialogue are films that use improvisation.

quentin tarantino's only good film is jackie brown, btw.
>>
>>81238386
Just go read up about Pulp Fiction. Anyone who bitches about Tarantino wasn't around when he made Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. Pulp Fiction changed dialogue, ushered in Post Modern cinema, and won the fucking Palme d'Or.
>>
>>81238471
>realistic dialogue in movies

youre the pleb if you think the goal of movie dialogue is to be realistic
>>
>>81238624
>Why do people consider Quentin Tarantino's good? Even realistic?
not at all, just answering OP on why people consider tarantino's dialogue to be realistic.
>>
>>81238523
A lot of pulp fiction's dialogue was cringey desu. Almost cartoonish.
>>
>>81238720
Today, now that he's been parodized to hell, yes. At the time it wasn't.
>>
>>81238720
>cartoonish
Dude, what is the TITLE of the movie?? You thought it was meant to be realistic?
>>
le deceased negro almacenation xd
>>
>>81238799
No. I'm just saying dialogue is silly and not in a good way.
>>
>>81238799
Raimis spiderman is a good example of dialogue that is cartoonish but good. Tarantino's dialogue is an autistic approximation of house people speak that is cartoonish and not good.
>>
File: pepsi-eyes.gif (742KB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
pepsi-eyes.gif
742KB, 350x272px
>>81239001
>it wasn't good because it wasn't good
>>
>>81239001
You missed my point - it wasn't supposed to be any kind of approximation of how real people speak. It was supposed to replicate the kind of characters/dialogue you'd find in pulp fiction novels. These aren't supposed to be anything like real gangsters or real people, it's all a tribute to a certain type of literature that is heightened and unrealistic by design.

Again, the fucking title is "Pulp Fiction," I should not have to explain this
>>
Nobody with half a brain considers Tarantino's dialogue to be realistic. It's hyper-stylized, that's the entire appeal.
>>
>>81239673
Tarantino's dialogue style is consistent throughout all of his films it's always cringey and autistic.
>>
>>81239762
Can you offer a criticism using grown-up words, not memes like "cringe" and "autistic"?
>>
>>81239851
It's long winded and disjointed and over the top. It just...doesn't click for me. It has its appeal on the first watch through but people seem to worship it as some kind of gold standard dialogue and I just don't get it.
>>
>>81238386
Nobody considers it realistic you pleb. his movies are entertaining, his dialogue is interesting. he's great at doing tension in scenes.
he's overrated but still better than most directors which is why everyone here pretends to hate him.
>>
>>81238523
>pulp fiction changed dialogue
For the worst.
>pop culture references
>shittty humor
>retarded observations
>>
>>81238523
>>81240714
It's on the same level of capeshit quips
>>
File: mannix.jpg (30KB, 523x446px) Image search: [Google]
mannix.jpg
30KB, 523x446px
>>81239701
>quentin tarantino is the most entry-level tier director out there.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.