[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I have a 22-page screenplay for a television (err...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: bfa-screenwriting-1400x500-3.jpg (64KB, 1400x500px) Image search: [Google]
bfa-screenwriting-1400x500-3.jpg
64KB, 1400x500px
>mfw I have a 22-page screenplay for a television (err... Netflix) show due on my producer's desk by 11:00AM tomorrow and Im on page 17 but haven't hit the climax yet.

Anybody screenwriters? Amateur or professional, we're all family.

What are you working on? What are you thinking about starting? What have you finished?
>>
Also, tell me a word to sneak into my screenplay and I'll do it.

If it makes it on air/online, you'll know it.
>>
>>81236887
Air bubbles.
>>
>>81236887
Radical Islamic Terrorism
>>
>>81236887
pustules
>>
how do I get a job?
>>
>>81236644
I'm working on a sketch show pilot with a few friends, it's mostly gonna be basic tv parodies like commercials and news, and a couple of shows. Just gonna throw it up on Youtube when Im finished.
>>
>>81236887
Hot diggity dog.
>>
>>81236887
Monochromatic
>>
File: rit.png (18KB, 986x508px) Image search: [Google]
rit.png
18KB, 986x508px
>>81237172
Done. Pic related.

>>81237219
Literally accept any job on a film set/show and work as hard as you can. You'll be printing shit out and getting coffee but be the best you can be at it. All the while, have a spec script or a screenplay that you have with completed.

A higher-up will say "I like you style, Anon. What are you looking for in this business?"

"I wanna write, sir."

"Got anything for me to read?"

If you say "Yes!" and are able to get a script in his hands before the day is over, if it's pretty good, you're in. If you say "no" or "I'm working on one..." you've basically lost your shot.

I can't TELL you how many of us get started this way.

Good luck.
>>
>>81237381
Didn't put my word in, looks like you failed as a writer.
>>
>>81237446
Damn, well, guess it's time to wrap up this chapter of my life and pursue my true passion:

Ideas Guy for Video Games
>>
>>81237381
Wake up, you're not the writer, get me a Medium Mocha with a caramel shot, you putz.
>>
>>81236887

Abundous
>>
>>81236887
(x) just kicked in, yo!
>>
>>81237480
No, you can stick to grabbing me a tuna sandwich from the craft service.
>>
>>81237381

>Literally accept any job on a film set/show

not him but ... how? i live in germany and theres no way i could ever get a job in any hollywood film related show/movie ever ever .. its just depressing

you basically have to grow up in LA and have some family members already in to get into this secret club
>>
>>81237481
That's all Hollywood movie bullshit. Every producer I've met, and every higher-up I've met, has been genuinely cool and very introverted, believe it or not.

I've only met one guy who was a dick like that. It was on an indie shoot of all places. He had done ONE film that made it on Amazon streaming or some shit and he thought he was fucking Scorsese or something

Movie tanked, by the way. But I got paid.

>>81237537
I'm literally just an Alabama-born southern kid who liked movies growing up. Went to school for it, and was able to hone the craft. Don't let your geography limit you. If Germany is hard for finding film jobs, then either move or prove to them that Germany is primo place for filmmaking and make them search you out.
>>
>>81237618
How many hours a day do you work in the office?
>>
>>81237618
Is the spec market dead?
>>
File: sop108cl-script.jpg (179KB, 1325x758px) Image search: [Google]
sop108cl-script.jpg
179KB, 1325x758px
Hobby screenwriter here

Rate
>>
>>81237692
Well, as a writer, I work a lot from home which is a gift and a curse. You HAVE to be disciplined and focused at home, otherwise 8 hours go by and you've written a single slugline and played through half of Deus Ex or something.

I try and stick to 9-5 workday, but it's less strict, obviously, than a "real job." When writing for series/TV, though, there's a lot of writers room work where you sit with other writers and come up with ideas, jokes, situations, and episodes for several LONG hours and THEN write alone. On sketch shows, it's much less collaborative and more competitive and lonely. Film is usually entirely independent.

>>81237744
Not if it's a great idea and you can pitch it well! I think I read that pilots and specs get picked up about 60/40.

>>81237814
Kino-tier. But Girl's line needs more punctuation.
>>
>>81237814
on the edge of my seat from beginning to end
>>
>>81237480
>Failed screenwriter
>Decides to write for vidya
Everything checks out.
>>
>>81237978
Not to glorify screenwriters, and I know it's fun to shit on them, but damn do they work a LOT. A feature screenplay is about 120 pages, but a regular short AAA title can have a script that stretches into 300 page territory.

Crazy shit, but it's true for the most part.
>>
I just hit the climax a few minutes ago. It was right around the time she started licking the honey off his boner.
>>
>>81237618

>just move
>just burself

yeah not going to happen ... could you link me to some education/good material about how 2 screenwrite? whats the proper way to do it

does it have to look like in the screenshots ITT? whats the procedure here?

how does the process of 'handing' it in look like? is there a lot of dick polishing involved?
>>
>>81237618
>move out of your home country or make a film good enough that important people notice it all by yourself
??????????
>>
>>81238308
Read "Screenwriters Bible" for formatting. Programs like Celtx and Final Draft do a lot of it automatically.

Read "Save the Cat" for story/beat structure.

Both books are scanned and free online if you look, but on Amazon they're cheap.

It's a start.
>>
>>81236887
Imberb. adj. Beardless.
>>
What do you guys recommend for directing actors to work with the provided script?
>>
>>81238646
Cattle prod or bullwhip.
>>
>>81238470

thank you
>>
File: IMG_0956.gif (879KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0956.gif
879KB, 245x230px
>>81238690
>>
>>81238690
Accurate
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.