[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK /tv/, I need your help. I'm looking to buy the original,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: major.png (1MB, 1257x943px) Image search: [Google]
major.png
1MB, 1257x943px
OK /tv/, I need your help.
I'm looking to buy the original, animated Ghost in the Shell on Blu-Ray format. There seems to be 2 versions of this in the west;

The original, remastered; epic video, epic Japanese audio but with fucking miserable subtitles and English audio.
The 2.0 shit; epic video, epic dual audio, redone translation but with 2.0 CGI shit.

There are various steelbook/regular editions but they are generally the same discs with different packaging.
So, my question; Are there any 3rd version of the original with fixed subtitles and lossless, 5.1 audio? I read that Japanese versions also have English subtitles, are they any good, or are the same with the western version?
>>
I can't help you OP. I would probably recommend asking /a/, there might be one or two people not obsessed with moeshit over there.
>>
>>81232937
>e might be one or two people not obsessed
I'll try asking there too senpai, thanks.
>>
File: 1389898784540.jpg (204KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1389898784540.jpg
204KB, 1920x816px
>>81232633
I researched this and I can help you out, anon. And I'll give you a tl;dr version:

Dont buy any blu-ray release, they are all garbage. Download niizk edit. That's it!
>>
>>81233055
That's a shame. Well, I'll ask /a/ about the Japanese versions but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I also have the OZC release, is niizk's better?
>>
>>81232633
You're an idiot.
>>
>>81233281
>is niizk's better?
their latest release is the undisputable best one
https://bakabt.me/171377-

OZC might be good for the animated series, I was talking about the 1995 animated film
>>
>>81233685
>no seeds
feelsbadman
>>
>>81233803
>baka.bt
>no seeds
You're doing something wrong. They literally exist to keep older/bigger files seeded forever
>>
>>81233685
>their latest release is the undisputable best one

Except for the Blu-ray master being total blurry dogshit. You can see the comparisons on the HDTV rip there.

Wait for a 4k remaster. The Blu-ray isn't worth buying.
>>
>>81234014
There are rumors about original negatives being destroyed but I dunno.
>>
The CGI version is absolute trash.
>>
>>81234014
what exactly are you talking about? the release that I mentioned in the comment you quoted is based and improved on the original version from 1995, not the 2.0 version from 2008
>>
File: gitsmondo.jpg (262KB, 812x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gitsmondo.jpg
262KB, 812x1024px
get the mondo version cause the covers rly nice, then put it on your shelf and download niizks version to actually watch
>>
>>81234088
People said the same thing about NGE. It just takes the Japs forever.
>>
>>81234124
The master used for the Blu-ray on the 1995 original was poorly done. Go to the first comment on the Judgement HDTV rip for comparisons.
>>
>>81234134
I might actually do this, or burn my own bluray image and use this as the case. Are there any fanmade isos floating around?
>>
>>81234219
I still dont get your point? are you saying that judgement's version is better? because that's just wrong and its easily demonstrated comparing the picture quality
>>
>>81234348
It would be better given the proper bitrate. It shows how shoddy the Blu-ray master was done. The HDTV master has more detail. Problem is it's killed during scenes that aren't static due to the low bitrate.
>>
>>81234337
No, stop being a pleb and just get a android stick. Physical media is dead.
>>
File: 1433807767823.png (805KB, 397x704px) Image search: [Google]
1433807767823.png
805KB, 397x704px
>>81234527
>>
>>81234433
aha, so you reluctantly agree that niizk version is better, gotcha
>>
>>81232633
Remastered, dubbed.
The only way. The Japanese voice acting in Ghost in the Shell is famously fucking terrible.
>>
>>81234615
Actually looking at it again, I'll take the macroblocking over how much they fucked that Blu-ray up any day. Just look at the second image comparison. All the detail in her hair is gone. Details in the buildings lost. So no, Judgement rip is better. Also niizk did the best that could be done but that source is just so fucked a HDTV rip really is better.
>>
>>81234668
But anon, every release of the original's English audio sucks donkey balls.
>>
>>81234735
How dare you talk trash about the Streamline dubs. Die of cancer.
>>
>>81234772
I'm not complaining about the dubs, the English audio on the original version's blurays have muted channels, lost effects and terrible mixing. At least that's what the reviews are saying.
>>
>>81234735
It's a shame it really is, but it's vastly preferable to Oshii pulling a George Lucas with 2.0
>>
>>81234830
You do realize the movie never had a 5.1 mix to begin with right?
>>
>>81234886
Well, the special edition digipak version apparently has:
English: DTS-ES 6.1
English: Dolby Digital 5.1 EX
Japanese: DTS ES 6.1
Japanese: Dolby Digital 5.1 EX
>>
File: GITS quick comparison.png (3MB, 1920x1038px) Image search: [Google]
GITS quick comparison.png
3MB, 1920x1038px
>>81234692
you are objectively wrong, please stop spreading misinformation.
>>
>>81234136
One episode of NGE actually was lost, episode 16. The Blu-ray comes with a weird fourth or fifth generation upscale from the Renewal DVDs. Real gnarly stuff.
>>
File: Qu2tS7y.png (1KB, 232x51px) Image search: [Google]
Qu2tS7y.png
1KB, 232x51px
>>81233803
u wot
>>
>>81234863
Oshii has pulled Lucas style shit before (like redubbing all of the third Patlabor movie to 5.1 audio) but 2.0 was really just a cheap commercial for The Sky Crawlers.
>>
>>81234964
Can you post the timestamp? I wanna compare it with the OZC version.
>>
>>81234964
That's the only image in the comparison where yes the higher bitrate wins out of course. Like I said, I'll take the macroblocking over how much they fucked everything else since there's going to be far more static scenes than that in the majority of the film.

Post the other comparisons if you want to be fair. You probably wont though since it just proves my point.
>>
>>81232937
Why did all anime and jap shit have to become moe these days?
>>
>>81234668
>watching any anime dubbed

kys
>>
>>81235115
Because lonely weebs spend way more money than regular people.
It is just how capitalism work.
>>
>>81235070
OZC is always bad.
>>
File: bd vs hdtv.png (3MB, 1423x1065px) Image search: [Google]
bd vs hdtv.png
3MB, 1423x1065px
>>81235077
Here I did it since I know you won't. All the shading in her hair is gone. It's now flat like a Disney movie.
>>
>>81235173
I don't see the appeal of that little girl kind of shit though, I don't know where it comes from that people like that or why it had to be popular now of all times.
>>
>>81235316
Well, you aren't that much of a lonely weeb then, but a lot of people are, and these lot of people have a lot of disposable income.
>>
>>81235077
I could download both films and take a thousand screenshots where niizk version shits on judgement, those screenshots are taken from judgement's release thread by one of his members, so would you think they would select the frames where the bitrate of their release sucks balls? of couse not. You even have the audacity to ask me to go look for another still frame, do the comparison and post it back. First of all, I dont have to do jack squat to prove anything more, let a lone help you out look for a decent frame where judgement has a marginal edge over niizk's, you go move your lazy ass and look for it. At this point, its pretty obvious that niizk is much better. You wanna refute it? its up to you.

bottom line, judgement's release bitrate is garbage and the picture quality gets all blocky compared to niizk's, and you would only pick judgement's if you started watching movies yesterday and didnt understand how important is the bitrate and how much it affects picture quality
>>
>>81234953
You can upmix anything. Your receiver can do the same thing.
>>
>>81235316
Anime was always about CGDCT. The years went by and the style changed, but it was always there.
>>
>>81235395
> didnt understand how important is the bitrate and how much it affects picture quality

The irony. You obviously don't understand that source is king over bitrate. You can have all the bitrate in the world given to something like 28 Days Later and it doesn't fucking matter.

> At this point, its pretty obvious that niizk is much better. You wanna refute it? its up to you.

I did >>81235281
>>
>>81235164
>>>/a/

Happy autism awareness day. It's your day, make the best of it by staying in your special board ;).
>>
>>81235506
>You obviously don't understand that source is king over bitrate
you clearly dont have a clue what youre talking about, especially given the fortuity that the release you consider inferior comes from a superior source, also,
>I did
aight, no more (you)'s for you tonight from me, you posted a screenshot where motok's black hair looks blacker, you did it, congrats. you won. Go back and look at >>81234964 and see how I got second place.
>>
>>81234964
judgement looks like total crap
>>
>>81235727
Your screenshot takes place for half a second. Something you won't notice nearly as greatly when it's in motion. The differences in my comparison are in every dark scene where the blacks are crushed. Ones that linger as the majority of the movie is static, it's just the nature of anime. Not even talking about the overall sharper image either.

But really I don't give a shit what you think is better. I'm just saying the Blu-ray is garbage. There should be no instance where a HDTV can be better and if you don't think that the Blu-ray's blur and crushed blacks are worse then you're delusional.
>>
>>81235281

Bottom is Judgement?
>>
File: hdtv bottom blu-ray top.png (3MB, 1922x946px) Image search: [Google]
hdtv bottom blu-ray top.png
3MB, 1922x946px
>>81236034
Yeah. Here's another. Again, more lost detail because of the crushed blacks.
>>
better blacks do not compensate seeing VLC Yify blocks all over the screen every time something moves
>>
>>81236359
Funny you mention YIFY because the softer image on the Blu-ray is closer to what YIFY's 1080p looks like.
>>
YIFY torrents are unwatchable because they lower the bitrate as much as they can to make the files as light-weight as possible and thus introducing lotsa artifacts in the process, aaaand that's exactly what you get in judgement's release.
Artifacts all over the screen due to low bitrate. This is encoding 101.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.