[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did critics shit on it so much? I think it's pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: ironfist.jpg (33KB, 1024x514px) Image search: [Google]
ironfist.jpg
33KB, 1024x514px
Why did critics shit on it so much? I think it's pretty great so far
>>
>>81232577

People hate shit for stupid reasons. And expectations tend to dictate people's reaction to something
>>
WHITE
MALE
LEAD

that's why
>>
>>81232577
>>81232651
>>81233720

As someone who doesn't give a shit about social justice politics, I thought the show was fucking garbage. It's boring and the fighting is shit, the story is shit, the actor is poorly cast as a twink that doesn't seem like a lead at all. It was literally the worst capeshit Netflix has released so far
>>
File: .jpg (31KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
31KB, 800x400px
Who is the Iron Fist?
>>
Who cares if the guy is white, the show is fucking unwatchable
>>
>>81232577
While it's probably the worst Netflix marvel show so far. It's still pretty good and better than a lot of shit we get.
>>
>>81232577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haq3CwrLcOI
no
>>
>>81234362
>free trial for dave chapelle

his new show blows though
>>
>>81234362
>Lead isn't a uppity faggot so he isn't charasmatic or good

What a faggot. He was trained as a monk so no shit he isn't like that. He's principled and has resolve.
>>
>>81234768
Davos was also trained by monks and had more charisma than daniel
>>
>>81232577
They wanted the white guy to be asian.
>>
>>81234814
He isn't the Iron Fist. And don't shill your faggot channel here.
>>
>>81233720
I don't get why people are upset over that. He's white in the comics. Of course they are going to cast a white, blonde hair, blue eye actor to paly him.
>>
>>81234972
I haven't even watched the channel, and that still doesn't take away from the fact that daniel is literally the most charismatic hero in the entire cinematic universe
>>
It is unironically pretty good. All the actors are atleast somewhat decent unlike daredevil
>>
File: shrug.jpg (25KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
25KB, 400x267px
>>81232577
>Why did critics...
Who cares?
>>
Ward a cute
>>
It was better than the later half of Luke Cage and all of Jessica Jones
>>
>>81232577
Lots of feelings talk plus I'm constantly screaming at the tv "JUST USE THE IRON FIST YOU DUMB FUCK" but he rarely busts it out. I get that he has to focus his chi or some shit but come on Jessica Jones hulked out more often and that was a detective show. The best character is the pill popping brother
>>
because a white guy played a white character

No I'm not joking, that's all you have to do to bring down the wrath of "critics" these days
>>
>>81235236
Guy who plays him is a fantastic actor, he could really do some main villain shit if he wanted.
>>
>>81235325
I read a half an article who just kept scoffing at Finn while praising the asian girl and saying she stole the spotlight every time she was on screen. Kek. I think I may read more later but if that's any indicator..
>>
Just like BvS it got unfairly ravaged by critics because of personal agendas

But most people who aren't critics and don't have personal agendas have liked it
>>
>>81233832
Catches bullets with his teeth? Nigger please
>>
>>81233805
>implying the iron fist vs drunken fist fight wasn't awesome
>>
>>81235300
He can only use it once a day, and it drains him.

You don't use a power like that unless you absolutely have to.
>>
File: 1491170700722.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491170700722.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
>>81235236
/ourguy/
>>
>>81235753
>You don't use a power like that unless you absolutely have to.

shhhh anon, don't put moral rules on a moral character like that!
>>
I thought it started shit, got ok in the middle and then got incredibly shit again in the back part of the season. I wanted to like it but there were just so many issues.

Villains weren't up to scratch. There is no Fisk or Kilgrave here, hell even Cottonmouth was better than what we get in this show.

Hero is an whiny twink. Lot's of pointless sideplots. Characters are constantly doing and saying things completely out of character. Twists were tediously predictable, rehashed etc.

Average fights. For the Iron Fist he sure doesn't use it very much. The fights don't do anything up to par with what Daredevil already did.
>>
>>81232577
Some really weird writing choices and so so acting.
>>
>>81232577
because it's one of the worst written and directed series out there.

The funny b serie feel wash off after 7 or 8 episodes and the shittiness of the show star just get boring after a while
>>
>>81234768
>being a generic lead is like, a design choice
shut up you fuckwad.

>>81234715
they were disappointing. I made another vid about that, the first special was a 7/10 the second not so much
>>
>>81235738
It was mediocre and it was 3 minutes long. This show is garbage no matter the reasons some retarded critics are saying it's garbage.
>>
>>81236187
Nice buzzword fag. Do you expect a monk who has gone through rigorous training not to be disciplined and formal? Fucking idiot.
>>
>>81233805

>anything worse than Jessica Jones and its lazy as fuck fight scenes

HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF JUMPING ON THIS BUILDING WE JUST ZOOM IN ON LEGS AND SHOW THEM LEAVING THE SHOT? OR INSTEAD OF HER FIGHTING LETS HAVE HER PUSH PEOPLE LOL!
>>
>>81234973

You act like any of these people give a shit about the source material..
>>
The martial arts look terrible, like some Rex-Kwon-Do shit.

The main lead is essentially the same from the comics, but that isn't a good thing. Iron Fist is literally a literal who in the Marvel comic universe and for a good reason, he never had any real character even in the source material. Just your average boring stale Batman-esque richboy, swapping cool toys for kung fu.
>>
>>81236212
>It was mediocre and it was 3 minutes long

Half of this is an opinion and half is just a fact, are you retarded?
>>
>>81236266
>still going for it
you poor sad thing
>>
>>81236324
The Immortal Iron First run in ~2007 or whatever was pretty good and is probably the biggest reason anyone really gives a shit about the character. I really wished they used things from that for the script instead of all that Hand bullshit. I haven't read many comics in the last few years, so I have no idea what's actually popular now, but I wouldn't call him a "literal who". Even if he isn't a main Avenger I feel like Heroes for Hire or the Defenders aren't that obscure.
>>
>>81232577
>>81233720
I thought this at first but then I watched it.

The plot is trash and slow, the choreography is garbage. They start establishing the characters, and then everything just stops. You can go from episode 2 to episode 10 and you will not have missed a single thing. They could not afford a plot this slow.

Worst is, the way they set Iron Fist up, the guy is barely a super. He fucking sucks. He's extremely stupid, which they rely on to stretch the thin plot even further, and for 3 seconds a day he can deliver a blow that can knock a single guy unconscious or take a blow that should kill him. Holy shit stop the presses, this already shitty ability they nerf further by making him incapable of using it if he's even remotely disturbed. A few mean words and that's it, no more Iron Fist until he gets to cry into icecream in his snuggie to refocus his chi. And this is supposed to be a master-level martial artist.
They got one thing right at least, the only proper villain in the season (the old hag) completely dominates him from their first meeting. Only the prospect of him being so easy to manipulate she might actually be able to get him to join her is what keeps him alive. That and plot armor.

SJWs got it wrong, it isn't a 1/10, it's a 3/10.
>>
>>81236932
this. there's more godzilla in godzilla 2014 than there is iron fist in Iron fist, and the latter is over 10 episodes long. fucking cancer
>>
>>81236043
What does that have to do with morals?
>>
File: mfw double retarded.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
mfw double retarded.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>81236355
>autismo calls others retarded
>>
>>81232577
critics hate it because of sjw reasons mainly.

That doesnt mean its a good show.
The main character is shit, fights are shit, pacing is shit, writing is shit, story is shit.
>>
>>81237083
DUDE GOT EM!
>>
>>81236932
Pretty much this. Danny Rand is such a pussy.
>>
>>81237178
main character isn't shit, he's just retarded because he grew up in a monastery, the fights are mediocre, not shit. the writing is passable, not shit. story is okay
>>
>>81236280
I hated JJ. Now you have no (zero) legs upon which to stand, fuccboi.
>>
>>81232577
White guys in an "Asian role" despite the fact roles apparantly can't be tied to an ethnicity according to all the exact same faggots who want Idris Elba to be in everything.
>>
>>81232577
(((critics)))
>>
>>81237478
>main character isn't shit

>spends 15 years learning martial arts and how to control his emotions

>cant fight for shit and cant control his emotions
>>
>>81234362
stop shilling your shitty channel fag
>>
The Iron Fist seems like a bitch
I mean seriously, regardless of the quality of their respective shows, it seems from what we're shown that Luke Cage and Daredevil could shit on him in a fight, and even Jessica Jones seems tougher than him.
>>
>>81237678
I can't think of a hero that wouldn't just disassemble him in a duel.
Iron Man without a suit could kick his ass.
>>
>>81237637
t. iron fist fan
>>
>>81233805
Inaccurate

It is on par with jj, which isnt great. Lc is garbage.
>>
>>81237678
they seriously nerfed him with the whole "I can only use my fist for 15 seconds per day"
>>
File: 1469835649173.png (402KB, 620x535px) Image search: [Google]
1469835649173.png
402KB, 620x535px
>>81232577
>>
>>81232577
>I think it's pretty great so far
just watch episode 9 onwards they drop the ball hard.
>>
>>81232577
Find me a negative critic review that doesn't mention skin color or "cultural appropriation." I believe you would find your answer by looking for that, they have an agenda.
>>
>>81233805
you can think it's garbage, but to think it's worse than JJ or LC in ANY way shows how shitty your taste is so your opinion can absolutely be disregarded by anyone with a functioning brain.
>>
The only good part of JJ was the sex scenes. Everything else was garbage.
>>
>>81240336
If IF was a nigger it would be a 10/10 from critics
>>
>>81233805
>claim to not be an SJW
>proceed to prove otherwise by making it obvious that you have never seen the show
Nobody wants to watch shitskins, asshole.
>>
>>81242504
It was one sex scene and it was nonsense because the nigga broke his chastity oath
>>
File: 1477899653886.png (267KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1477899653886.png
267KB, 785x757px
IRON FIST IS A FUCKING KUNG FU MAN

HE SHOULD PUNCH AND KICK DUDES AWESOMELY

THE FIGHT SCENES IN THE SHOW ARE GARBAGE

AUTOMATIC 0/10
>>
>>81242721
The fight scenes aren't even bad, plus who the fuck cares that much about fight scenes? They're cool and all but they're not that big of a deal. The best part of shows is always just plot development through speech in my opinion at least..
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.