[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when just the right word in a movie title was enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1732.jpg (542KB, 1000x1486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1732.jpg
542KB, 1000x1486px
Remember when just the right word in a movie title was enough for you?

When did it all go wrong?
>>
>>81231700
I do remember. It was the 90s. That's when it began to go wrong.
>>
>>81233513
But it didn't completely all go wrong until just after September 11, 2001 when suddenly people began to police each other's thoughts.
>>
I still i'm amazed that this movie never got boring for me.

It was pretty fun.
>>
>>81231700
>naked
>Isn't actually naked
What did Ameriprudes mean by that?
Do you shower in your underwear?
>>
File: 1490395821138.png (892KB, 993x638px) Image search: [Google]
1490395821138.png
892KB, 993x638px
>>81233938
>>81233513

Actually everything went wrong in late 2006 when social media rose in popularity
>>
>>81231700
>>81233513
>>81233938
>>81235346
You are all stupid faggots. Nothing has changed in that sense. You just stopped being little children that get excited with everything easily.
>>
>>81235397
No, it was better. Political correctness wasn't so obvious in everything. People didn't pretend to be offended on the behave of other people.

You could make a joke, and it was just a joke. I remember it all well, and it was so much better.
>>
>>81235397

I still get excited like a youngling, there's just less to be excited about. Most video game franchises I loved are butchered beyond recognition, there's an abundance of garbage remakes to movies I love and rnb/hiphop shit is the dominant music genre.
>>
>>81235397
You're probably so accustomed to so much being so crappy that you don't know the difference anymore.
Now everyone uses social media to complain until everything now is so dull, and so repetitive.
>>
>>81235397

This just isn't true. I watch shit from the 70s, 80s and 90s, things I missed as a kid, and it's a lot different.

Hollywood itself tells you the business has changed drastically. You'd have to be an idiot not to see them competing heavily for viewer time in a way they just weren't before.

Not only that, they're increasingly competing against their own backlog. New people are rediscovering old movies, we have people who are 16 today who like T2 more than the latest reboot attempt.

There's also been a serious attempt to politicize Hollywood the last 10 years that doesn't have an earlier comparison. When people talk about an edge in 70s and 80s movies you don't see today, this is it.

It's the reason they tone down the "upsetting" things and make R movies into PG-13 movies.

Gore is used better in Robocop than they'd allow today.
There's more sleazy sex exploitation in the 70s than they'd go near today.
>>
>>81236330
>people who are 16 today who like T2 more than the latest reboot attempt.

This is true for most everything, though. You're probably right, but there are other factors.
World markets, making material relatable to worldwide markets. Smart phones have changed everything. Everyone can literally fact check everything, there's no room for fantasy anymore. Now it all has to be "symbolic interpretations" of character themes. There is absolutely no more of any kind of fun.

Entertainment in movies sucks. Even using the word "sucks" is cause to be ridiculed for intelligence. Everyone's scared to be wrong, to make mistakes, or to be seen as flawed in any way.
Whether it is a generational thing, or whatever it is, life, entertainment it is all different, and by no means better. All of it is cold, fake, an imitation of itself.
>>
>>81236330
Before 2012 people didn't use facebook to weed out employees with politically incorrect opinions. Now people are expected to censor their opinions, or it means potentially being unemployed. Social media is controlling us, whether we know it or not.
>>
I prefer the Naked Continent movies myself.
>>
File: DataTNG.jpg (15KB, 325x396px) Image search: [Google]
DataTNG.jpg
15KB, 325x396px
>>81237347
Humans are being transformed into synthetic behavioral lifeforms by the pressure of SJWs. Most intriguing hypothesis.
>>
>>81231700
>Remember when just the right word in a movie title was enough for you?
what the fuck do you even mean by that?
>>
>>81239307
>Being too young to know what good really means?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.