[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all seriousness, and the quality of the movie aside, does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: LIGHTS, CAMERA, INSANITY.jpg (307KB, 600x929px) Image search: [Google]
LIGHTS, CAMERA, INSANITY.jpg
307KB, 600x929px
In all seriousness, and the quality of the movie aside, does anyone really have a problem with Jared Leto's performance in Suicide Squad? I thought he did a great job, especially considering he was only in the film for 10 minutes max. He had so much presence that it felt like it was much more.
>>
>>81231678
>does anyone really have a problem with Jared Leto's performance in Suicide Squad?

What little there is of it is fine, but you can't ignore that so much of it was left on the cutting room floor AND that they were too chicken shit to show the abusive nature of the relationship and instead opted to make it "true love".

They pretty much wasted his first appearance, what would probably have been better is if the Joker was never shown in any promos beforehand and that Joker was rumored to be dead but harley throughout the movie insists he's alive until she's forced to give herself a psycheval and move on.

Cue the last few minutes where she is rescued at Blackgate and it's revealed that the Joker is indeed alive and is played by Jared Leto.
>>
>>81231678
He should have a better, less grumpy voice. And laugh more. And smile more. Other than that he is fine.

I also agree the fact that he had little screentime. It would not have made sense to make him the main villain of the film
>>
I don't get the hate either. The Joker was never portrayed in a more psychotic way! The end result is absolutely #**T~W~I~S~T~E~D**
>>
File: embarassing.png (837KB, 937x657px) Image search: [Google]
embarassing.png
837KB, 937x657px
He was fucking terrible, his design was shit and his performance somehow topped his muck look.

Doing a below par impression of Ledger, and randomly putting a smiling tattoo up to your face does not make an intimidating villain.

Any moment where he tried to look scary and intimidating was hilarious just because of the embarrassment I felt for Leto

If they keep him they are going to have to change him considerably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBA93KESXAg
>>
>>81231834

how it was portayed was disgusting, let's hope she gets some gal pal loving in her movie.
>>
File: irving joker variant.jpg (200KB, 500x754px) Image search: [Google]
irving joker variant.jpg
200KB, 500x754px
He was unironically excellent. Closest Joker to the comics by a long-shot. Brought fun back to the role, dandy crime boss with ridiculous gang of super criminals or at least cool costumes, behind him, laughs all the time and things only he finds hilarious while making everyone around him uncomfortable. Just as Affleck was GOAT live-action Batman, Leto's Joker felt lifted from the page, doing more actual Joker shit than anyone before him.
>>
File: Harley hugs Ivy.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Harley hugs Ivy.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>81232141

I'd rather it just be more implied and playful than full on Bound bullshit, webm related
>>
>>81231678
Really fucking awful. I can't for the life of me think of why some people even consider this """"""""Joker"""""""""" decent. Aside from the meh acting, they totally designed the character so fucking shit that it looks more like some pale prison faggot, instead of the Joker we know.
>>
That kid from Gotham was better not-joker as joker Leto.
>>
>>81232246
I bet Xavier fucked AJ while Phil watched
>>
>>81232246
doesn't that pale chick have videos getting buttfucked in a public dressing room?
>>
>>81231678

He was shit. Heath Ledger lite.
>>
>>81231678
I think people ruined their own opinions of him in the movie by preemptively comparing him to Ledger and then showing him down. His Joker was more of a sleazy drug lord than a man with a plan edgy anarchist.
>>
>>81234111
This.
>>
>>81231678
He did his best with what he was given and i applaud him for it, but it doesn't make up for the shitty writing and costume design
>>
>>81231678

They basically created a modern version of the Golden Age Joker and I think he plays it really well. With some better dialog he'd be fantastic. I still think he was meant to be Jason Todd.
>>
>>81234266
And a facial compilation including one where a dude cums on the diva's championship belt and an interracial cuckolding vid.
>>
Method acting is piss, and I truly hate the studio and Leto for attempting to instill to the audience that its some sort of great accomplishment that Leto is a method actor and took the role 'into his life and on set'.
Yes, I also hated that shit with Ledger, that he isolated himself and wrote journals as the Joker.
Method acting is piss.
>>
The thing is that he tried to play the Joker as literally crazy, but it ends up coming off like he's in some dissociative state. The Joker is meant to be "movie crazy" like he's evil and acts wacky but he's not actually crazy because a crazy guy can't run a criminal empire. In Suicide Squad you could almost believe that Johnny Frost is the guy running the show and The Joker is just his mentally ill fall guy.
>>
>>81231678

He was absolutely the worst thing about the film.
>>
>>81231678
He was great, and I usually detest Leto in anything. His insane laugh as he opens up with his machine gun is spot on.
>>
>>81231678
It's impossible to follow heaths performance, but he was pretty good I thought. Definitely did the character justice, was nice to see the Joker going on a bender without his waifu. But the rest of the movie was pretty bad
>>
>>81231678
Ledger was better
>>
File: jokerphantasm.gif (901KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
jokerphantasm.gif
901KB, 500x286px
>tfw Luke Skywalker has a more intimidating joker
>>
>>81232167
What exactly did he do though? Find a bomb factory, save Harley, disappear, and then reappear at the end.
>>
>>81232167
Man, that's retarded. There's been a hundred different interpretations of the Joker in the comics alone, saying he's "closest to the comics" is not only categorically fucking wrong by virtue of being impossible, it's not even an inherently good thing, because he's shit in ninety percent of comics.
>>
>>81234519
He wouldn't have been compared to Ledger if he wasn't doing a bad impression of Ledger's Joker voice all movie.
>>
>>81231678
I do, he did it like he didn't give a fuck. That honka honka shit was embarrassing, he looked distracted and the voice he pulled was retarded. It's been stated that he was pissed off because the studio cut out most of his scenes. Imagine how bad they were if they left that shit in.
He's the worst joker in history and he probably doesn't care.
>>
>>81231678
>Heath Ledger voice impression
>shit look
>shit written

Once I saw the movie I actually started hoping the retarded Jason is Joker theory was true just so this wouldn't actually be the DCCU version of the real Joker. How do they just keep fucking this project up. It's like they're trying.
>>
>>81231946
They didn't, though, he just played it like he was high or something. It was super shit.
>>
>>81232167
>He was unironically excellent.
No, you see, I know you have a lot riding on this cinematic universe bullshit and you're a proud brand warrior, but his performance was a tepid fart. It lacked any kind of gravitas. Him vaguely looking like some comic book cover you found doesn't mean anything.
>>
He felt like a Hot Topic wannabe.

He can probably give a good performance as the Joker, but it was never there in SS. I don't know if it was bad editing or legitimately bad performance. The bad makeup/costume for him is a given.
>>
>>81238018
>Was this the best batman movie ever, and why is the answer yes?
>>
If they kept him like he was in the helicopter scene he would be amazing. That scene right there is the best Joker we've had on screen. The rest is cringey though.
>>
>>81240847
https://youtu.be/BCF19EhXKBs

Early in this video for reference
>>
>>81231678
His laugh was the worst. His dialogue was seemingly written by a 15 year old with autism and the tattoos and grill were stupid. Leto isn't a good actor and never was, remember that scene with him in American psycho? Pay attention to his acting and tell me he isn't god awful
https://youtu.be/QvBAEp3Znn4
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.