[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, fuck Batman v Superman... Can we talk about Man of Steel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: Supes.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Supes.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
Okay, fuck Batman v Superman... Can we talk about Man of Steel and it's place as the start of the DCEU.
>>
File: badaz.jpg (341KB, 915x763px) Image search: [Google]
badaz.jpg
341KB, 915x763px
Anyone else remember when Man of Steel came out and most people thought it was pretty decent, but with some major flaws , like psychopath dad and superman tearing up the city.

But all in all people were pretty happy with it and the consensus was that there was a lot of good in it that just didn't quite live up to its potential. There was a very optimistic feeling that BvS would fix these flaws and finally give us the perfect DC movie..

And now after 2 more movies, MoS stands as DCs crowning achievement (in the new universe) and is literally the best of the new movies. Just kinda sad (and funny) how it went from that okay movie that showed a lot of promises for the universe and hyped people up for future movies that would be better, and now it is the best dc movie, just shows how much they fuktup
>>
>>81231264

I remember when Green Lantern was supposed to kick off the DCEU but it was so bad they pulled a Mulligan
>>
>>81230984
When i walked out the theater after the movie i was like, okey its a good comic book movie, but a bad Superman movie.
>>
>>81230984
>great fight scenes
Best cape shit ones imo, no one has had better scenes before or after
>great design
>great casting
>opening scenes on Krypton are well designed and dramatic
>numerous emotional scenes

The entire arguments I keep seeing against the movie boil down to juvenile humor "coffin shaped dildos lmao" or nerd fanboys "muh Superman never kills"
>>
>>81230984
It's my all-time favorite cape film.
>>
File: drugs.webm (2MB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
drugs.webm
2MB, 850x480px
>>
It was a mediocre movie with a needlessly long and gratuitous climax, but it's fantastic when compared to the shitpile known as BvS.
>>
>>81231697
>coffin shaped dildos

lol what?
>>
File: mos.jpg (31KB, 996x419px) Image search: [Google]
mos.jpg
31KB, 996x419px
>>81232105
>>
Pretty bad film.

Batman v. Superman Ultimate edition was great
>>
File: amyxgal.png (407KB, 487x422px) Image search: [Google]
amyxgal.png
407KB, 487x422px
>>81231982
Amy is so damn cute
>>
It was a good start for DCEU but they rushed very fast for Batman v Superman. They should do The Batman movie after MoS where the things happen before MoS. If they done that Batman v Superman would be very reasonable.
>>
>>81230984
Was decent. Could've been better. Best DCEU movie which is sad.

I dont mind the destruction or deaths, but I HATE the dad tornado scene.
>>
File: zod.jpg (212KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
zod.jpg
212KB, 1680x1050px
>>81230984

zod did nothing wrong
>>
>>81232229

Gadot does not come across as very smart honestly.
>>
Stop, invisible sage.
>>
>>81232229
is this legit ?
>>
It's great, a worthy introduction to BvS.
>>
>>81230984
I wonder what would happen if it was only Superman trilogy. What it could be?
>>
>>81232898
I look st MoS -> BvS -> JL as a trilogy and an extended origin of Superman.
>>
>>81231300
i remember when Superman Returns was supposed to kick off the DCEU but it was so bad they pulled a Mulligan
>>
>>81234353
>i remember when Superman Returns was supposed to kick off the DCEU

Fib-onaccchi!
>>
>>81230984
>>81231264
MoS was always underrated
>>
I adore Krypton. Would watch a film about Russell's Jor El.
>>
File: 84_mos01.jpg (290KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
84_mos01.jpg
290KB, 500x750px
>>81230984
>>81231264
>>81231697
Undoublty the most inspiring capekino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5pRYuI3etc
>>
They should've tried to start slowly but surely, not playing catch up.

Man of Steel first, followed by Batman the following year, and then Wonder Woman. And then The Trinity in 2016 instead of BvS.

From then on, Flash and Aquaman in 2017, Cyborg and Green Lantern in 2018. In 2019, Justice League.
>>
>>81235617
Pretty much this.
>>
The ending is really too bloated. Fighting the world engine and then Zod was too much
Should have just been the Zod Fight

Tornado Scene was too fantastical for a Pa kent death

Other than that. It's basically a CapeMasterpiece
8/10
>>
>>81231697
>superman never kills

This is a /co/ argument...not a comic book fan argument . You can always tell a LOLNerdXD from a real nerd when they say stuff like this
Superman killed Zod in the post crisis comic
Superman killed Zod in Superman 2
Superman has killed in the Golden age/Silver Age/ modern comics
(Not sure about Bronze Age though)

He didn't make a point of it but it happened. At the very least he mentions his willingness to kill Bizarro and Brainiac as he didn't consider them alive anyway
>>
>>81232150
That's not a coffin shaped dildo though

It's a dildo shaped coffin.
>>
>>81231264
I felt like they got almost every character wrong ( to my personal tastes). But also if this was a generic cape movie. Just some super hero with an origin story absurdly similar to Superman, it would have been a good movie.
>>
>>81232712
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABLpoib1ITk
>>
>>81234577
I hope we get the Krypton series. I want more Kryptonian awesomeness.
>>
>>81237671

with Goyer as exec producer, no thanks
>>
>>81237040
I love the 78 Superman movie but I always felt it was a bit too ironic. (still its the best Cape Film).

Man of Steel took Superman seriously which I enjoyed. It was close to my favorite silver/bronze age superman in terms of personality
>>
>>81237689
I don't know. My opinion of Goyer has softened a bit. Yeah, I'm aware of his writing creeds, but given everything that's come to light about MoS and BvS, I'm starting to wonder if maybe his more lambasted efforts aren't worth another look.

I mean, the dude did write Blade and Dark City and I love the shit out of both of those.
>>
>>81237819
I'm with you there. I love the Donner films for the statement they were making concerning traditional values and all, but I think MoS actually eclipsed them by making the character a lot more relatable.

Donner's Superman never feels like a Kansas farmboy. Snyder's does.
>>
>>81236192
also he killed doomsday for what it's worth
>>
>>81238171
Its weird that Donner Superman did an excellent job of playing Clark and Supeman as two different characters
but MoS actually gives a reason why Superman would actually do it.

Superman turning back time at the end of the first movie is probably still the greatest scene in all of Cape films. It was the only part that felt really honest instead of Tongue and Cheek
>>
>>81234684
It gets me every damn time.
>>
>>81237819
>>81238171

I definitely get how Reeves Superman could be seen as corny. But there was a balance between a positive hopeful Superman, a loving caring couple raising him and "seriousness" or "realism" that MoS just missed. My parents are far from saints but I can't imagine them saying or even hinting that letting a bus load of kids die to protect a secret or to benefit my own life is something that should be considered. Other than that I felt Superman as a character was really under developed and I felt like that was intentionally done to excuse his untrusting relationship with earth. But for me it made the main character and hero less sympathetic. For the most part he is SO alien to me that when he's treated with mistrust or suspicion or as just as much a threat as everyone else, in context of this one movie, it seems reasonable. And I'm not really rooting for him at all. I'm not against him but I have no vested interest in his success. And that on top of Zod who may be a sociopath is fighting to keep his species alive at any cost makes the villain of the movie far more relateable.
>>
>>81238315
When I finally woke up and understood the story they're telling in these films, I was so thankful to see someone realize that Superman's existence wouldn't just be taken in stride by the people of Earth.

It would change literally everything.
>>
>>81238391
Pa Kent's a lot wiser character in these movies than people give him credit for. "Maybe" was just a way to get Clark's attention, to drive home the point that "miracle-making" shouldn't be his go-to solution for solving problems any more than violence should.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.