[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some comfy movies approved for a Christian board like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 39

File: Christ the Good Shepherd.jpg (106KB, 582x453px) Image search: [Google]
Christ the Good Shepherd.jpg
106KB, 582x453px
What are some comfy movies approved for a Christian board like /tv/?

Could be direct Bible stories like "The Ten Commandments" with Charlton Heston or even loosely Christian history based movies like "Kingdom of Heaven".
>>
>>81226778
I really liked the original Ben Hur
>>
File: preach.jpg (121KB, 660x882px) Image search: [Google]
preach.jpg
121KB, 660x882px
This >is a christian board shit is the cringiest shit ever.
>>
>>81226778
This is a Muslim board infidel.

Imsallah.
>>
Fireproof
>>
File: 1486542628200.gif (2MB, 331x248px) Image search: [Google]
1486542628200.gif
2MB, 331x248px
>>81227221
>OMG IM SO FUCKING TRIGGERED, THIS IS CRINGE! THATS WHAT IT IS

Its okay, Jesus forgives you for he knows that you know not what you do.
>>
>>81227221
hey reddit
>>
>>81227221
But /tv/ has been once since the tree of life changed this board forever
>>
Ken Russell's The Devils.
>>
>>81226778
Robocop
>>
>>81226778
The Apostle get grisly & dark, but it deals with redemption. For me it's Bobby D's best work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Qu3dZlRGE
>>
Signs had a lot of good scenes pertaining to hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27qUO8_9uT0
>>
>>81227404
>/tv/ has been since disliking atheism became contrarian

fixed
>>
>>81227651
Atheism is the dumbest fucking religion on the planet and if they were true to their own tenants they would shut up anyway as everything is subjective man and you can't judge people for believing in God man
>>
>>81226778
A Thief in the Night

Truly scary movie for any brim and tombstone fearing christian
>>
>>81227721
>everything is subjective man and you can't judge people for believing in God man
>American philosophy
>>
>>81227797
Nope that's just textbook Richard Dawkinism, who's a Britbong. Atheists are all determinists and subjectivists. Anyone who says they aren't are either dumb, confused, or liars.
>>
>>81227849
> Atheists are all determinists and subjectivists. Anyone who says they aren't are either dumb, confused, or liars.

right after you say

>you can't judge people for believing in God man

The ironing is too much. Put more thought into your bait before you go off and contradict yourself.
>>
File: Made for Greatness.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Made for Greatness.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican%27s_list_of_films

>In 1995, on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of cinema, the Vatican compiled a list of 45 "great films". The 45 movies are divided into three categories: religion, values, and art.

>Religion

Andrei Rublev (1966)
Babette's Feast (1987)
Ben-Hur (1959)
The Flowers of St. Francis (1950)
Francesco (1989)
The Gospel According to St. Matthew (1966)
La Passion de Notre Seigneur Jesus-Christ (1905)
A Man for All Seasons (1966)
The Mission (1986)
Monsieur Vincent (1947)
Nazarin (1958)
Ordet (1955)
The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
The Sacrifice (1986)
Therese (1986)

>Values

Au Revoir les Enfants (1988)
Bicycle Thieves (1949)
The Burmese Harp (1956)
Chariots of Fire (1981)
Dekalog (1988)
Dersu Uzala (1975)
Gandhi (1982)
Intolerance (1916)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
On the Waterfront (1954)
Rome, Open City (1945)
Schindler's List (1993)
The Seventh Seal (1956)
The Tree of Wooden Clogs (1978)
Wild Strawberries (1957)

>Art

Citizen Kane (1941)
8½ (1963)
Fantasia (1940)
Grand Illusion (1937)
La Strada (1954)
The Lavender Hill Mob (1951)
The Leopard (1963)
Little Women (1933)
Metropolis (1927)
Modern Times (1936)
Napoleon (1927)
Nosferatu (1922)
Stagecoach (1939)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
The Wizard of Oz (1939)
>>
>>81227404
Tree of Life and 2001 are atheistic odes. Both make use of the grand epic of evolution.
>>
God's Not Dead
>>
>>81227935
>Schindler's List
>Gandhi

Dropped.

captcha: steggle of christ
>>
God's Not Dead 2
>>
File: Snack Time.png (566KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Snack Time.png
566KB, 1280x720px
>>81227849
>>81227221
>>81227721
>>81227975
>>
>>81228007
The Holocaust is the most probable myth the Vatican believes in
>>
I'm a Baptist, we are the true relaters of Jesus's message.

This much is unavoidable.
>>
>>81227947
>Belief in science and belief in God are mutually exclusive
Try harder next time.
>>
>>81228037
That was for laughs folks.

The the true question being.. do you believe bleed his blood for you on that cross?

Plain & simple..
>>
>>81228070
>>Belief in science and belief in God are mutually exclusive

Depends
If you throw out or twist the scriptures however you feel like, then sure you can believe in both.
>>
>>81228070
science=/=evolution
>>
>>81228070
They are though when scientific claims your God makes are false. There is just no way to reconcile christianity with where we are in science now honest to yourself.
>>
>>81228150
Not at all the case. You shouldn't think Evangelicals are representative to "devout Christians" and not just a specific modern denomination.
>>
>>81228174
I wouldn't think that is at all the case.
>>
>>81228174
Genesis was not meant to be taken literal. It was to be the hook.

God sending his son to die for you,,, well that's a question you have to answer for yourself.

Can you believe that God loves you that much?
>>
>>81228233
>>81228193
>>81228248
If you arent going to take the infallible word of god literally, why even be a christian?

I dont understand
>>
>>81228174
What specifically are you referring to?
>>
>>81228233
>>81228193
>>81228174
>>81228150

The Bible is a book that is in line with science. And yes, if you just throw out teachings of the Bible because Richard Dawkins said so then you probably aren't a Christian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSsjaKqdM30
>>
>>81228269
God new man was too infallible to understand. He made it simple & still you did not understand.

So he sent his son to die for you & still, you do not understand.
>>
>>81228248
That's why they carefully established Jesus' line back to Adam
That's why Paul said through one man sin came into the world

What about all the other errors and contradictions in the bible? What about the fact that we don't even know what the original text said because God is too stupid to protect his holy book? What about evolution explaining behaviour better than the fall?
What about mind brain connection disproving the soul?

Sure you can always claim something is compatible and ignore everything that goes against it but that's not being honest. You just like christianity so you attempt to reconcile it with what you actually believe
>>
>>81228233
Western culture and the western tradition has been heavily influenced by hristian theology, but just because someone is using western elements that also include Christian elements in an artistic work that doesn't mean that the work itself is Christian. The Tree of Life alludes to the western tradition, including the western traditions' affirmation of evolution.

That's like saying Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra is Christian because he's working in a western philosophical tradition influenced by Christianity.
>>
>>81227541
This is what I came here to post
>>
>>81228345
>infallible
*flawed
>>
>>81228291
>no true scotsman
>ignoring glaring scientific claims in the bible such as the great flood, or even something as mundane as the impossibly tall tower of babel

The only way to reconcile science and the bible is to do what Ken Ham did. Say that the laws of physics today are different than they were 2000 years ago.
>>
>>81228291
>the once saved always saved dumblet
>>
>>81228356
Paul was just a man, and the Bible is just a book. However, it's fairly well supported as historical documents of its time go, and I believe that the gospels are a genuine recording of the life of Christ.

You mostly just sound like you're uninterested in the idea that anyone would interpret the Bible differently from the very literal way you do.
>>
>>81228356
It was of an age where less than 95% of the population knew how to actually read.

It's like explaining the suicide squeeze to a cat.

That shit better have some cat nip in it.
>>
>>81228345
The bible is very easy to understand. Its messages are clear.

The only reason why people act likes its "hard" is because they spend a whole bunch of time trying to claim that things should be interpreted differently or used as a metaphor to fit in with modern times. Its really hard when you try to do that.

If you read the bible, its pretty on the nose what it says and what it was meant to mean.
>>
>>81228473
>Paul was just a man, and the Bible is just a book
There you go. You don't even know that christianity claims the bible to be God breathed. You don't care about it you don't believe in it. You're just memeing

>You mostly just sound like you're uninterested in the idea that anyone would interpret the Bible differently from the very literal way you do.
No you're just being dishonest

>>81228480
>ignoring what I wrote for your prelearned response
>>
File: 1491156924749.gif (817KB, 200x233px) Image search: [Google]
1491156924749.gif
817KB, 200x233px
>>81228345
>god sent his son to earth and made him get murdered whos actually him too or something so it doesnt really matter to atone to himself for humans sins who he created and made naturally sinful himself and damned to hell for thousands of years before this and still does if you dont at random guess the right sub-sub-sub set of christianity to follow

this is why monotheism is retarded, at least pantheism can explain way plotholes by just saying different gods have different agendas
>>
File: Based Spain.jpg (951KB, 1065x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Based Spain.jpg
951KB, 1065x1360px
>>81228269
Figuratively/Literally is a shitty dichotomy that no actual scholar uses for any textual criticism. There are multiple "literal" ways to read it and multiple figurative ways. Just thinking that how you understand it at face value precisely what it means for it to be "literally". Even the patristic era scholar St. Augustine had a book called The Literal Meaning of Genesis that would fly in the face of Evangelicals generally. Anti-theists and Evangelicals have a habit of assuming genre of texts they speak about, along with structure, and that fucks with their understanding dramatically.
By the Catholic and Orthodox church, which have their origins in the early church and actually give a damn about having intellectual consistency through in doctrine through history understand the creation story and Adam and Eve (those two specifically as Genesis isn't exactly a whole book but a collection of various texts) as "myth" in the academic sense. By that I mean that they are cultural stories. However, they do uphold that these stories have a basis in truth. For instance, they uphold the reality of a fall and of two individuals that are the common ancestor to all men whom are called Adam and Eve.

>>81228291
>Steven Anderson

lolno

>>81228371
How is that at all related to what I said?
>>
>>81228473
>Paul was just a man, and the Bible is just a book. However, it's fairly well supported as historical documents of its time go, and I believe that the gospels are a genuine recording of the life of Christ.

Yep and Jesus was just the bastard son of the Roman soldier Pantera, and you don't actually go anywhere when you die, and it all means nothing, etc.

But yeah no you're totally Christian.
>>
>>81228552
Bro, there are some really basic apologetics out there coming from all over the place, including the Catholic church, that deal with all of this. If the Catholic Church doesn't take Genesis to be a literal representation of creation, maybe you don't actually know what you're talking about.
>>
>>81228628
>Jesus was just the bastard son of the Roman soldier Pantera
This is my favorite atheist conspiracy theory
>>
>>81228504
>If you read the bible, its pretty on the nose what it says and what it was meant to mean.

So, with using only the texts to assist, what are the genres of:

>Psalms
>Job
>Luke
>>
>>81228571

Matthew 15:9
>But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

What did He mean by this?
>>
>>81228636
I never claimed they do. There are flaws with literally every claim of christianity.
You just don't care about what the issues are. Because you're not a real christian.
>>
THE KEY POINTS BEING

GOD LOVES YOU

DO YOU ACCEPT HIS LOVE?

It definitely helps in the battle of living.
>>
>>81227849
>implying you can be a determinist and a subjectivist at the same time
>>
>>81228150
I said belief in God, not belief in organized religion, much less a literal interpretation of scriptures written thousands of years ago. Science is a means of understanding God's creation, or whatever you want to call the larger order that we fit into. The people who wrote the Bible simply didn't know a lot of things that we know now.

And there are a hell of a lot of things we don't know today that will be understood 2000 years in the future. We're just barely starting to figure it all out. The most obnoxious thing about a certain strain of Atheists is that they believe they know everything, but the scientists that they worship would be the first to disagree.
>>
>>81228740
There are flaws with our understanding of everything. When we found that Newtonian physics and Quantum physics didn't mesh, did we throw them out entirely for their flaws? Of course not, we saw that there was still truth in them and worked to refine what we knew. I am a follower of Christ, the Son of God. I believe he died for our sins and rose again three days later. Nothing else is a dealbreaker.
>>
>>81228693
Context first. Part 1/2.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+15&version=NABRE

1 Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders?[b] They do not wash [their] hands when they eat a meal.” 3 He said to them in reply, “And why do you break the commandment of God[c] for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and ‘Whoever curses father or mother shall die.’ 5 [d]But you say, ‘Whoever says to father or mother, “Any support you might have had from me is dedicated to God,” 6 need not honor his father.’ You have nullified the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 Hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy about you when he said:

8 ‘This people honors me with their lips,[e]
but their hearts are far from me;
9 in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines human precepts.’”
10 He summoned the crowd and said to them, “Hear and understand. 11 It is not what enters one’s mouth that defiles that person; but what comes out of the mouth is what defiles one.” 12 Then his disciples approached and said to him, “Do you know that the Pharisees took offense when they heard what you said?” 13 He said in reply,[f] “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. 14 Let them alone; they are blind guides (of the blind). If a blind person leads a blind person, both will fall into a pit.” 15 Then Peter[g] said to him in reply, “Explain [this] parable to us.” 16 He said to them, “Are even you still without understanding? 17 Do you not realize that everything that enters the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled into the latrine? 18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile. 19 [h]For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, unchastity, theft, false witness, blasphemy. 20 These are what defile a person, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile.”
>>
>>81228868
Jesus's word though.

The sermon on mount is the greatest thing ever.

Not some science & I love science.
>>
>>81228770
You can. Most atheists are philosophical and moral subjectivists, as well as determinists.

Moral objectivism is cuckoo for cocoa puffs with determinism anyway because if it were true than EVERYTHING (including all human action) is just a series of dominoes playing out and everything is determined to happened from previous inputs. Holding humans to objective standards while saying that it's all dominoes all the way back is like screaming at a rock tumbling down a hill "wrongly", chastising a cloud for raining "unvirtuously", or criticizing your computer for not telling you something "truthfully".

Free will only makes sense if God exists, and Christianity teaches that we are not just meat robots, but that God breathed into our nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul.
>>
File: BUT WHO.jpg (99KB, 935x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BUT WHO.jpg
99KB, 935x1024px
>>81228693
>>81228897
Part 2/2

That line is a part of Isaiah's prophecy that is being referenced. The line specifically says that "they" are not truly upholding the will of God as they think their own innovations are doctrine.
>>
>Evangelicals in this thread
>>
>People who sprinkle babies, commit rampant idolatry, and put the edicts of man before the word of God in this thread
>>
>>81228887
No you're not.

>Nothing else is a dealbreaker
Let's turn this around. Why do christians have to go there? Because on all testable claims they got their shit pushed in. And by now we know Jesus wasn't even Bethlehemian as the messiah was prophecised to be. You would give this much rope to literally no claim youd evr elsewise encounter. You are not christian you want to be.
Thats why christians have to open 10 threads about this on every board. To hide their own doubt under empty phrases about how christianity still holds up despite being disprven by vague appeals to philosophy and how "someone can explain it all"
>>
>>81229164
Ah, and here we are again. If it doesn't fit your definition, it's not Christianity. Horseshoe theory always wins. It's unfortunate that you leave no room for progress in these discussions.
>>
File: enlightened Atheist man.gif (3MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
enlightened Atheist man.gif
3MB, 312x250px
>>81229164
Not him but I don't have to appeal to shit. I'm a fundamentalist Baptist who converted from hardcore atheism.

Atheism can't answer itself and modern theoretical science is identical to the circles within circles of people using geocentric models of the universe, with having to keep making up increasingly more complicated shit in an endless spiral that didn't actually explain anything.

Meanwhile
>In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

Wow, so hard.
>>
Reminder that if you're a Protestant you aren't actually Christian.
>>
>>81226778
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Q69QJkYLM
>>
>>81229248
>If it doesn't fit your definition, it's not Christianity
I claimed nothing that could even be mistaken for it.
>>
>>81229333
You want to pigeonhole Christianity into the easy, ready-made strawman of your youth. It was so much easier when Christians took demonstrably wrong positions, wasn't it?
>>
I used to be Atheist but switched to Christian when it became too edgy and mainstream, but i feel like Christianity is becoming too mainstream on here now what can we switch to next? i've always wanted to try Buddhism.
>>
>>81229391
>into the easy, ready-made strawman of your youth.
I feel like there's some projection here. I still never claimed any such thing. I'm pointing out that giving more and more ground and always saying "it's jsut a metaphor bro" makes christianity less likely not more.
Don't be so hard on yourself /pol/ddit
>>
File: our_guy.jpg (106KB, 1060x655px) Image search: [Google]
our_guy.jpg
106KB, 1060x655px
A reminder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrMUFP8Fx1w
>>
>>81229478
You could try following something you believe as true rather than treating what you believe as novelty.
>>
>>81229478
Do you believe in anything, really?
>>
>>81229559
So atheism it is
>>
File: brenda.jpg (43KB, 692x470px) Image search: [Google]
brenda.jpg
43KB, 692x470px
>>81229478
Max Stirner. Despook yourself
>>
>>81229595
Atheism isn't a belief, and very vague at that.
You need to apply yourself.
>>
File: img_11591.jpg (95KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
img_11591.jpg
95KB, 405x540px
>>81229610
dis nigga gets it
>>
>>81229485
You've consistently made territorial claims about who is or is not a Christian. Claiming, now, that it was just about the likelihood of Christianity's veracity is pure backpedalling.

And I've consistently stood by the Gospels as truth, not metaphor. They are the core of which I, and all Christians, base their faith around.
>>
>>81229624
what do i call myself i don't know if there's a god and don't really care either
>>
>>81229729
apatheist
>>
>>81229624
>Atheism isn't a belief
When your whole life and values revolve around God being non-existent, it kind of is
>>
File: Based Chamberlain.png (207KB, 443x523px) Image search: [Google]
Based Chamberlain.png
207KB, 443x523px
>>81229729
Most anti-theists are just metaphysical naturalists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysical_naturalism

Go for it. We still think you're wrong but at least you know what you are.
>>
>>81229631
No I'm saying everybody on here is not a christian but a larper for cultural reasons.

>And I've consistently stood by the Gospels as truth, not metaphor. They are the core of which I, and all Christians, base their faith around.
Well no. 1. Of all there are certain implications of the gospels being true that necessary follow. Jesus didn't came out of nowhere he claimed to fullfill judaism. 2. The gospels are demonstrably not true. Easiest example being the census that didn't happen. The only explanation for that is christians trying to tie Jesus to messianic prophecies and you know that. 3. We don't even know what the gospels originally said. Ignore everything else and tell me how a religion can be true if the God is literally so stupid in revealing his scripture that one thousand and nine hundred years after their writting we discover that certain parts weren't part of the original and that we don't know what the original said. And since I assume that you'll hide behind the catholic church without knowing the stance of the catholic church on the issue I inform you that they revised their infallible canon to cut out these passages
>>
>>81229631
>And I've consistently stood by the Gospels as truth, not metaphor. They are the core of which I, and all Christians, base their faith around.

From the earliest synods of the organised Church, Christians understood the need to interpret the Bible on multiple levels - namely, the literal, metaphorical, moral, and mystical. Do not fall for the evangelical Protestant meme: they have set the nuance of the Christian faith back 1800 years with their retarded young earth theories and other awkward nonsense.
>>
>>81229729
Agnostic
>>
>>81229832
That's anti-theist, not atheist.

>>81229858
>everyone is a larper
That is closing your eyes and going "lalalalala" tier.
>>
>>81229905
>That is closing your eyes and going "lalalalala" tier.
No it's true
>>
File: 1491219252015.png (19KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
1491219252015.png
19KB, 165x115px
>>81229766
>mfw that's actually a word
>>
>>81229766
>>81229848
sounds stupid, i don't like how everyone has a label for everything.

i just tell people i don't know because i honestly don't. i'd like there to be one and know i'll meet my family in the afterlife again but i cannot believe it if i cannot see it with my own eyes. i would just be lying to myself.
>>
>>81227721
Atheism isn't a religion
>>
>>81229961
Keep telling yourself that, bud.
>>
File: 1463284564924.jpg (301KB, 800x608px) Image search: [Google]
1463284564924.jpg
301KB, 800x608px
>>81229900
>>81229766
Agnostic and Apatheist are terms used to describe your belief to the question of belief in God. He needs to be looking at is an understanding of what he actually believes the world is like. That's what "Christian" and "Buddhist" is but not at all what Atheist, Agnostic, and Apatheist is. Those are shallow labels.
>>
>>81230027
I will, since it's objectively true
>>
>>81229858
God didn't write it, men did. Yes, I do consistently find myself aligning with the Catholic Church's stance on canon, and I don't have an issue with changes made for accuracy.

The census did occur, by the way, it's just doubtful, for a couple of reasons, that Mary and Joseph would have had to go to Bethlehem because of it. Plus, there are two Bethlehems that could have been the referenced city. There are a lot of things we don't know, but that's why we have archeologists and historians who specialize in this. I'll continue to adjust based on the facts we find, and I have no issue with that. I'm fairly confident that the Apostle's Creed will stand just fine.
>>
>>81229865
Nice strawman.

All fundamentalists recognize that there are obvious allegories, metaphors, parables, etc. throughout the Bibles. Most of these are pretty apparent and not hard to pic up on. Furthermore, there are a lot of things that are plainly stated as literal and it's only people who are closet atheists and secretly believe it's all fundamentally fairytales (but that they "like" all of the Jesus parts so they kind of roll with it) and then have to jump through a thousand hoops and twist everything around so that they can still look cool with all of their postmodern degenerate friends without having to have awckward conversations with Grama or give up on the church potlucks.
>>
>>81229953
You sound like a true philosopher. Keep on keeping on in the search for truth.
>>
>>81230027
If atheism is a religion then baldness is a hair color.
>>
>>81229961
You got the bait.
>>
>>81230038
He knows not.

Isn't that the very definition of an Agnostic?
>>
>>81230146
No, it's a hair style. And it is.
>>
>>81230146
>If atheism is a religion then baldness is a hair style

FTFY

and yes baldness is a hair style
>>
>>81230146
>If atheism is a religion then baldness is a hair color.

No, atheism is the religion of greasy ponytails and worshiping yourself as the final authority on all truth.
>>
>>81230164
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/agnostic

>A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.

The label is explicitly in response to the question of the nature/existence of God, not how they grasp the world.
>>
>>81230189
>>81230175
Are you morons, I wrote hair color, I wrote nothing about hairstyle.
>>
File: socrates.jpg (76KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
socrates.jpg
76KB, 334x250px
All I know is that I know nothin'

Based philosopher coming through
>>
>>81230081
https://firstchurchofatheism.com/
>>
>>81228150
>throw out or twist scripture

No. Most (if your catholic) poetic scripture that has been regarded as "science for stupid people" by Reddit mouth breathers has been regarded as poetic scripture since early church history.
Poetic scripture holds spiritual and ethical truths and fundematism his a prodestent meme
>>
>>81230228
Well you need a better analogy then
>>
>>81230226
Too definitive for such a vague soul.

Do want a crown? Do want to be called a victor?

he's Agnostic.
>>
File: atheist logical fallacy.png (235KB, 741x1009px) Image search: [Google]
atheist logical fallacy.png
235KB, 741x1009px
>>
>>81230082
>God didn't write it, men did
That's not what the catholic church claims. Nor what Paul claimed. Or Jesus believed. But I guess that's just me making "territorial claims" again. So at this point I will just point to how always saying "we were wrong about that but it still holds up" over and over makes christianity less likely not more. And since there is no reason to believe in christianity in the first place afaic that's a knockout

>The census did occur, by the way
No. We have written sources on every census that occured. Except this one of course ;)

>I'll continue to adjust based on the facts we find
What's stoping you? In this post alone you admitted that God was and still is too stupid to point out which parts of the bible he inspired and which not. And that his infallible church was wrong on it (on several occasions), that the parts in the bible claiing God "breathed it" are false and that Jesus and the apostles were wrong in believing otherwise. Earlier you acknowledged that scientific claims from the bible are false and that the majority of books or what we believe to be those books can be wrong about everything as long as the gospels are still true. In this post you also acknowledged how unlikely it is that they are true and that we don't even know what the gospels originally said. And you gave zero reason however uncompelling to believe in christianity. Saying you are willing to "adjust based on the facts" is simply a lie. But luckily you don't really believe in God so sinning isn't an issue for you.
>>
>>81230344
>still doesn't answer the question who created god? in his own shitty picture
kek
>>
File: u so smart.jpg (420KB, 1052x1172px) Image search: [Google]
u so smart.jpg
420KB, 1052x1172px
>>81230243
>>81230243
>>
>>81230209
>greasy ponytails and worshiping yourself as the final authority on all truth.
You worship yourself buddy. You've externalized your ego into your magic friend. All so that you can imagine you don't have to die and that you can go to heaven.
Sorry you're fucked.
>>
>>81230344
This is good bait
>>
>>81230316
No, I wish to use reason and evidence to discern truth. Not try to criticize people to make claims.
>>
>>81230375
The Catholic church?

Jesus will come down so hard on them. They really need to make amends before it's too late.
>>
>>81230455
The Quentin stuff is usually very good.
>>
File: jesussaur.jpg (26KB, 280x384px) Image search: [Google]
jesussaur.jpg
26KB, 280x384px
>>
>>81230459
The very act indecision is a choice.
>>
>>81230468
Melt down the Vatican.. give it to the refugees.

That would be a nice start.
>>
Daily reminder that it's pointless to argue with cultural christians.
They know Christianity is false they simply don't care.
>>
File: 1437981960816.jpg (11KB, 236x331px) Image search: [Google]
1437981960816.jpg
11KB, 236x331px
>>81226778
>a Christian board like /tv/?
>>
File: 1563545434.png (176KB, 300x518px) Image search: [Google]
1563545434.png
176KB, 300x518px
>>81230496
1. Agnostic isn't a label for indecision.
2. Agnosticism refers to the question of the nature and existence of God, not how reality is understood which is what I've been focusing on all this time.

See >>81230226
>>
>>81230104
>All fundamentalists recognize that there are obvious allegories, metaphors, parables, etc. throughout the Bibles

Oh dear.
>>
>>81230581
This is where we disagree.
>>
>>81230710
I cited the definition. Where do you disagree?
>>
>>81230567
No one on this site is willing to change their beliefs.

Everyone just tries to one-up/shitpost each other.
>>
>>81230745
That the very act of indecision is a belief.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>81227721
>Atheism
>Religion

This is what Christians actually believe.
>>
>>81226973
Ok, i'm being totally serious here and not shit posting. it's not a very interesting film apart from the chariot race and Charlton Heston is a terrible hammy over-actor in every damn film. I don't understand the praise for him.

Ben-Hur is uneven and episodic. And it drags in places and speeds through other parts.
>>
>>81230836
...he said as he donated to Richard Dawkins, in the hopes that he'll publish another anti-theist book. One day, religion will die off and the peaceful, rational and scientific atheist utopia will come to be.
>>
File: CHECKMATE SPACE.jpg (56KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
CHECKMATE SPACE.jpg
56KB, 500x493px
>>81230792
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/belief

>something held as true

So their belief is "I don't know", correct? Do tell me if I'm wrong.
The belief of I don't know is not at all the same as the belief that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God, which is the definition of agnosticism. Further, the "I don't know" refers to their understanding of nature, not their understanding of specifically God.

>>81230836
This bait gets every new person on 4chan.
>>
>>81231013
He should. Maybe there will be less christcucks shitposting on my beloved meme site.
>>
>>81231023
Agnostics claim that we don't know and will never know if god exists. That is a belief, and they think it's true.
>>
>>81231023
Those you don't chose a god in fear of choosing the wrong God & those who don't chose a god because 4:20 blaze it!

What is the difference?
>>
>>81231200
It's opening day & I'm drunk now.

My penitence.

Hakuna matata! GO RED SOX
>>
>>81231165
>Agnostics claim that we don't know and will never know if god exists.

I said the definition of agnosticism as per >>81230226 when stating >>81231023
You cannot change parts of the definition to suit your argument.

>>81231200
Well the manner in which they do not choose, obviously.
But labeling people based on how they would answer "Do you believe in God?" is particularly shallow and says very little about people, not to mention it being a limited question to begin with. I like to focus on what people do believe about reality.
>>
>>81231338
People suck.

Have you not heard?

They will rip you apart given the chance.
>>
File: Get on the ball Yoda.jpg (36KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Get on the ball Yoda.jpg
36KB, 480x270px
>>81231384
What?
>>
>>81229961
It acts like one it's patron saints are; libthought, Neil deblackson, Bill nye and reddit
>>
>>81227721
>true to their own tenants
>tenants

Whether they own rental properties or not is irrelevant.
>>
>>81231437
Original sin being our inherent evil & the ability to transcend.

Too many of us revel in the evil.
>>
>>81231491
The choice not to make a choice in the face of original sin...
>>
File: Christianfilms.jpg (2MB, 1208x3654px) Image search: [Google]
Christianfilms.jpg
2MB, 1208x3654px
>>81226778
>>
File: IMG_0902.jpg (48KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0902.jpg
48KB, 479x720px
>>81226778

>I believe in god

Sure is reddit in here
>>
File: 1468044418881.png (3MB, 1228x2088px) Image search: [Google]
1468044418881.png
3MB, 1228x2088px
image dump?
>>
>>81228031
Spotted the kike.
>>
>>81231612
You know full well that's exactly the opposite.
>>
>>81228007
>not liking Spielberg's funniest movie
>>
>>81231612

> Material Universe
> Causal in nature
> Matter is contingent
> 'The universe was created in of itself'

I though atheists didnt believe in miracles?
>>
File: 1471114774078.png (2MB, 1213x789px) Image search: [Google]
1471114774078.png
2MB, 1213x789px
>>81231619
>>
>>81231741
>I'm retarded therefore God exists
Christians everyone
http://m.phys.org/news/2012-10-quantum-causal.html
>>
>>81226778
This (Italian) movie is amazing
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4643844/?ref_=nv_sr_1
>>
>>81228443
Great flood probably actually happened, considering there's multiple accounts of similar stories from geographically separated cultures
>>
File: 1454620523863.jpg (2MB, 1134x1956px) Image search: [Google]
1454620523863.jpg
2MB, 1134x1956px
>>81231776
>>
>>81231651

Keep praying to literally nothing
>>
>>81230146
The color of one's hair and it's contrast with the other colors that are within your face/person serves an aesthetic purpose. Even if there is nothing there, baldness still fulfills the aesthetic purpose that hair color does (just in a different way)
This is similar to atheism simply replacing Christian dogma, ethics etc for their own dogma, ethics etc. The purpose and results religion holds are still there, just in different manifestations.
>>
>>81231777
>>I'm retarded therefore i dont ask why anything exists; it just does
>>
>>81231851
THis isn't hw probability works.
And the flood myths are too different to have a common historical source (Noah)
>>
>>81231777
>everything a scientist says is true.
Now I'm not questioning that science is fantastic, answers a lot of questions and fixes many problems.
But fuck man you subscribe to their theories or papers as if they're gospel. They are theories and they evolve with time.
>>
>>81231851
Aren't those floods all tied to the end of the ice age or something?
>>
>>81227721
>I can't judge you for believing in God
>but you can judge me for NOT believing in him
>Even though your "tenants" say only God may judge

I realised this was bait as I typed it out, 8/10 you got me with this obvious shit
>>
File: 1431424832021.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431424832021.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
>>81231777
>some people think retrocausality is possible despite it being exclusively seen as fringe science
>so you're retarded, such as Christians are

This is some very stupid shit, Anon. Even if the other anon was being crude.
>>
>>81231992
>when you have nothing but still want to appear uppity
How pathetic is it to be you? Be honest.

>lol stupid atheshits believe universe can cause itself
>universe can cause itself
>But fuck man you subscribe to their theories or papers as if they're gospel. They are theories and they evolve with time.
wew reddit
>>
File: Lift Up Thine Eyes.jpg (761KB, 1835x2319px) Image search: [Google]
Lift Up Thine Eyes.jpg
761KB, 1835x2319px
>>81232025
>Even though your "tenants" say only God may judge

u wot
>>
>>81232052

I wasn't. People who believe in fairy tales are Reddit tier human beings.
>>
File: Bad_Lieutenant_.jpg (41KB, 300x453px) Image search: [Google]
Bad_Lieutenant_.jpg
41KB, 300x453px
Bad Lieutenant. One of the most evil protagonists put to film, and one of the most desperate for forgiveness. Deeply spiritual, but far from comfy.
>>
>>81232071

>Although it is still not known if such situations can be actually found in nature, the sheer possibility that they could exist may have far-reaching implications for the foundations of quantum mechanics, quantum gravity and quantum computing.

From the article itself wew reddit wew doesn't read the articles.

It's a fucking theory.
>>
>>81232244
And yet you're the only one pumping out the Reddit-tier fedora posts.
>>
>>81232299
Well no, the title of theory is highly respected in the sciences. It is a hypothesis.
>>
>>81232244
>uses over simplified euphemisms like "fairy tales"
>calls other Reddit tier
>>
>>81232254
I know it sounds reductive, but if he wants to be a better person why not just stop being such a cunt? Like, it's easier to not sexually assault teenagers at traffic stops than it is to do it. I had a really hard time feeling pity for him
>>
>>81231876
kek
>>
>>81232088
Why don't you read the post I replied to, tripfag?
>>
>>81232451
Human beings are creatures of habit, and widely varied. What's impossible for people like you and me came easily, even impulsively, to the Lieutenant. He was at a point where it was hard for him not to assault teenagers.

Too, he wasn't meant to be pitiable to the viewer. It's what made Christ's willingness to forgive him his multitude of sins all the more powerful.
>>
File: The Nip of Christ.jpg (577KB, 960x1005px) Image search: [Google]
The Nip of Christ.jpg
577KB, 960x1005px
>>81232506
My mistake! Sorry.
>>
>>81228174
What scientific claims does God make?
>>
>>81227244
This.
>>
>>81226778
Any movie is ok if you want to watch it.
It is not what comes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out of a man.
Also
We are free from the law. All is permissible but not all is beneficial. In your liberty do not sin freely.
As christians we are already saved. It doesn't matter what we eat, drink, watch. It isn't a sin.
Although, we are warned not to partake of things in a way that will cause us to fall into sin.
This BS about Christians can't watch movies, or listen to music, or surf their favorite Nazarene Wall painting image forum, is merely a bunch of restrictions laid on us by people who think they are doing the Lord's work, but are basically trying to lay down rules to our salvation.
Much like the Judiazers in the New Testament that claimed you had to be saved AND follow the law to go to heaven. Mostly just religious dogma to overcomplicate the simplicity of the Gospel.
>>
>>81232616
>It is not what comes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out of a man.

Five star post; you get it. A lot of people forget that quote in particular.
>>
>>81232616
Christcucks on 4chan are the worst. Even more delusional than actual Christians. At least be consistent if you're going to jack off to porn and pray to your master at the same time.
>>
>>81233068
>those Christians are the worst! Being sinners and Christian at the same time

A lot of Catholic Generals and Christian Generals double as self-improvement threads, Anon.
>>
>>81226778
St. Matthew's Passion is pure kino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdl0m1v5el8
>>
>>81233068
Evangelicals are by far the worst Christians on the board, though. They wreck even Christian threads.
>>
>>81233068
>>81233146
>>81233203
Who did Christ hang out with?
The righteous "Church leaders", or the 'sinners'.
Protip. He couldn't stand the religious. They supposedly knew everything there was to know about being holy, but weren't.
He loved the sinners because they were who they were, and they needed him. He came for them.

The problem I see is, most "athiests" and other hardcore Christian haters, have bought into the Snobby, hypocritcal, holier than thou attitude adopted by the religious, and think THAT'S what a Christian truly is. The truth it, it's the complete opposite.
If the Jesus that was around back then came today instead. You'd probably enjoy hanging out and talking with him. Hell, he'd probably pop up on 4chan, just to check it out.
>>
>>81227935
>Babette's Feast (1987)
Never saw the movie. Read it though. Is the Vatican trying to troll us by endorsing a movie about profligacy?
>>
>>81228037
this
>>
File: Catholic Waifu.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Catholic Waifu.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>81233518
>Protip. He couldn't stand the religious. They supposedly knew everything there was to know about being holy, but weren't.

He couldn't stand the pharisees in control, who supposedly knew everything and didn't at all. He surrounded himself with his religious disciples more than anyone but you are right that he went to sinners explicitly rather than the devout.

>The problem I see is, most "athiests" and other hardcore Christian haters, have bought into the Snobby, hypocritcal, holier than thou attitude adopted by the religious

I think the situation is moreso that the situation with discourse between groups has fallen apart to the point of just talking through one another as they can't get shit accomplished. And the reason for that is a fucking ridiculous amount of baggage on both ends.
>>
>>81233146
>>81233203
>>81233769
pls go back to /pol/ or /his/
>>
File: St Teresa of Kolkata.jpg (62KB, 389x448px) Image search: [Google]
St Teresa of Kolkata.jpg
62KB, 389x448px
>>81234676
No
>>
Diary of a Country Priest
>>
>>81233203
>They wreck even Christian threads.
says the tripfag who wrecks Christian threads
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.