[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this? Why didn't he help shasta? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What was the point of this? Why didn't he help shasta? What about Nicky Wolfman? We're thy doing dental work of giving people drugs at the dentist office?
>>
>>81203864
Dude weed lmao
>>
File: 1491167002036.gif (1MB, 342x338px) Image search: [Google]
1491167002036.gif
1MB, 342x338px
>>81203864
like life you are gonna come to dead ends....and weed burahh
>>
>>81203864
This film was worth it for 2 reasons.
1. Belladonna's cameo in those shorts.
2. The couch scene. wow.
>>
>/tv/ can't read

read the book bitch
>>
i liked it, the book is better of course
>>81204078
this too
>>
>>81203864
>Elmore Leonard is Thomas Pynchon
>1960's funk into the birth of the Neo-Con
>Joane Newsom's sexy gigantic ass

What is not to get?
>>
Incoherent Vice
>>
>>81204212
Neat you guys didn't get it either
>>
doc didn't know what was up with shasta and her suddenly disappearing, but he knew she was on the boat and still obsessed over her
wolfmann had an affair with shasta and brought her on the boat to be passed around by everyone on it, making doc a cuck.
wolfmann joins the whole golden fang cult and ends up drugged and given his money away, doc really doesn't care about that.
the dentist's office was a front

been a while since i've seen it and i haven't read pynchon's book, so i could be retarded and incorrect. dunno, it's a noir, it's purposely convoluted. not just that, PTA's films are more about the characters, atmosphere and visuals than anything else.
the couch scene is also VERY important
>>
watch one more time and comeback
>>
>>81204212
There's nothing to get, you just relax and have fun.
>>
>>81203864
>Help Shasta
He tried to, that's what he was investigating (the alleged conspiracy against Micky by his wife)
>Wolfman
He started doing stuff and giving his money away, but the government wanted him on the vegas strip so it wasn't so Italian owned. So they put him in regard so he'd stop giving away money.
>Dentists
There are theee different golden fangs in the story, and the beauty of the whole thing is figuring out what all is actually connected, and what only seems to be because doc is high and paranoid. I like to think it was all connected and the golden fang was basically a front for smuggling in drugs from China. They made double the money because then when the drugs rotted their teeth, they got paid to fix them too.

The part I'm unsure about is the level of government corruption. Obviously there's some conspiracy and behind the scenes stuff going on, but what all is the government aware of and turning a blind eye to? But then again understanding that is neither the point nor important.

>What's the point?
It's a ridiculously fun and funny story, full of great characters and acting, sets and costumes. The mystery is fun to unravel over man rewatches, and it keeps getting funnier as well. It's extremely comfy, the music is great, some scenes, like the ouija board scene and the Martin short scene really stand out as great. It's a flawless movie imo
>>
>>81205307
*wolfman started doing drugs, so they put him in rehab
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.