[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post otherwise good films with fucking awful endings https:/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: The Mist.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Mist.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
Post otherwise good films with fucking awful endings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nZUEkAsw8
>>
>>81194308

AHH
AHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
10 Cloverfield Lane
>>
>>81194308
Wrong
>>
>>81194308
The ending was great.

Why do all plebs just want a wishy washy feel good ending every single time?
>>
SOMEBODY
>>
>>81194308
but the ending is the best part of this movie
>>
>>81194308
Get a load of this pleb
>>
>>81194308
This ending is amazing. Is one of these times, along with The Night Flyer, in which the film maker made a better job thank king.
>>
>>81194308

lol wut the ending was the only good part of that shitfest
>>
It's literally the best ending, you cuck. Humanity blowing aliens the fuck out with easy and Smug Carol is just perfect
>>
>>81194308
I enjoyed the ending. It was both funny and dark at the same time. It is dark comedy in its purest form.
>>
>>81194308
Dude that was a good ending. What were you expecting?
>>
>>81194308
Best movie monster ever designed imho. Much scarier than the Xenomorph. I'd like to see it modeled without the mist surrounding it.
>>
File: got nicked.jpg (169KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
got nicked.jpg
169KB, 1280x1024px
this
could have been the best film of all time
but dat ending baka
>>
>>81194358
The military shows up a split second later. It's comical thus it is bad. Why do you retards assume OP is offended by an ending being edgy?
>>
File: Ex-machina-uk-poster.jpg (34KB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
Ex-machina-uk-poster.jpg
34KB, 370x278px
AND THEN THE PILOT JUST TAKES HER OUT NO QUESTIONS ASKED XD
AND THEN SHE RUNS OUT OF BATTERIES BUT FUCK IT LOOK HOW DEEP IT IS XD
>>
Complete opposite, The majority of The Mist was complete shit and the twist ending makes it passable.
>>
>>81194338
The whole movie was just a fucking awkward mess
>>
>>81194308
I didn't like the ending either op. It would have worked on paper maybe but the fact that its LITERALLY 2 seconds after the MC does you know what, is just too much of a coincidence.

And its more of a "feel good" ending knowing humanity defeats the mist than the original, where they just drive off into the distance.
>>
>>81194503
Is this post ironic? The 4th wall breaking anticlimax was pure Python
>>
>>81194609
Well, you saw how she completely manipulated the protagonist, I am sure she would easily be able to convince a helicopter pilot, she is the most advanced AI known after all.
>>
>>81194358
It was just fucking comical that the military showed up a second later, and nonsensical and stupid that after all that they would just INSTANTLY kill themselves. The military just showing up and solving everything ruins it too, it was better in the book where it implied that the whole world was like that and would be forever.
>>
The movie ending has shock factor, but is rendered too comical by the army showing up fucking IMMEDIATELY, it's just too much.

The book ending with its bleak ambiguity is much better in my opinion.
>>
>>81194722
>>81194821
>>81194950
How many times are you going to post the same thing?
>>
>>81195048
only one of those is me
>>
>>81194609
yeah, the most advanced robot on the planet isn't aware that it needs batteries to run sure thing buddy
>>
>>81194389
It's supposed to be a tragic ending. It's not a comedy movie. Stop being a shill. Darabont fucked up bad.
>>
>>81195048
I didn't see those other posts, I only was the last one
>>
>>81194722
>>81194821
Guess what faggots?
The crazy bitch in the supermarket was right, the moment the kid got btfo the ayyys were defeated.
>>
>>81194308
>this ending
>bad
>>
>>81194308
Only edgelords like the comic ending to The Mist. It doesn't add anything to the movie other than an instant of "well that was unexpected". It takes a movie playing its concept straight and turns it into a comedy.

King liked it better because he's an asshole, not because it was more meaningful.
>>
>>
>>81195881
King is honestly the worst possible authority on adaptations of his work.
>cast Idris Elba as fucking Roland "Man With No Name" Deschain
>thought Kubrick's The Shining was shit and made an absolutely abhorrent miniseries that he believes is superior
>preferred the movie's ending of The Mist
I live in Maine so I'm allowed to say this
>>
>>81195976

Ever been to Derry?
>>
>>81194308
>awful ending
some faggot wanted an unrealistic happy ending I see.
>>
>>81195881
>dood they should have drove to a refugee center and then the movieturns into a fuk yeah army flick

fuk u, it was a great ending in theaters too
>>
>>81195991
I don't know if this post is a joke but Derry doesn't actually exist.

>>81196012
If you read the thread you'd know that isn't a case. This movie's ending is so comical that it ruins any chance at being depressing it may have had. The books ending is more depressing AND more realistic.
>>
>>81196060
>military blazes in and cures everything
>kills all the bad guys and clears the mist
>not a fuk yeah army flick
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.