[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your country have a state broadcaster? Do they produce anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: cbc-1.jpg (72KB, 842x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cbc-1.jpg
72KB, 842x1024px
Does your country have a state broadcaster? Do they produce anything worth watching?

Canada here, we have the CBC, and not really. They shotgun out a few new series every year, but they're never good, and they never last more than a season or two.
>>
File: 1473476511148.jpg (359KB, 840x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1473476511148.jpg
359KB, 840x1059px
>>81189039
Fuck the CBC it's fucking tax funded propaganda they suck. Radio-Canada (french version) at least have some decent shows and Quebec women.
>>
fuck off shithead the CBC rules
>>
>>81189039
>Communist Broadcasting Station

wew, lad
I hope they saved that billion Trudeau jr. gave them cause they're getting shit when Bernier steps in.
>>
>>81189209
>Mr. Zero Charisma Literally Who wins over Trudeau

Trudeau would have to completely fuck up in order for that to happen.
>>
>>81189209
Communist Broadcasting Channel*

AH, I fucked it up.
>>
>>81189180
Quebec is french-rejects and think they're real canadians irl tho.
>>
being erica
>>
>>81189180
But we love our Quebecbros.

And France Television is shit, however our state sponsored Radio is nice, and the Press is alright too.
>>
>>81189039
>Does your country have a state broadcaster?

I don't understand the question. Are you asking if we have a federal broadcaster or a state broadcaster?
>>
>>81189899
Country broadcaster.

You sound like German, asking for clarification between country-level and state/province-level broadcasters.
>>
File: 1473473145071.jpg (150KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473473145071.jpg
150KB, 800x800px
>>81189836
Love you too man!
>>
>>81190111

Is that like Canadian welfare?
>>
>>81189180
this image is so autistic
>>
File: 1473474678868s.jpg (5KB, 99x125px) Image search: [Google]
1473474678868s.jpg
5KB, 99x125px
>>81190176
>>
They made x company which i really like. Their online print is pretty good, better than anything in the States by a mile. The national is also quite good, its an hour long and mansbridge is an excellent presenter. In glad we have a state funded broadcaster that isn't encourage to make click bait garbage for profit. It needs some work but definitely is savable.

>>81190156
Sort of i guess. It ensures everyone across the country has a basic and similar standard of living.
>>
>>81190242
Nice thumbnail you French faggot
>>
>>81190156

Yes and no.

It doesn't go to individuals, but to the provincial governments so they can fund important social services (like keeping schools open, etc)..
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 550x412px
>>81189039
The thing that passes me off are the CRTC(?) broadcasting rules, and how anything airing during prime time hours needs to be like 90% Canadian content.

The fact is that the majority of Canadian shows blow, so during prime time we're stuck watching like 20 yr old garbage. For example, here's what Canada's science fiction channel (Canada's version of syfy) looks like during prime time - Castle, castle, castle, some Andromeda episode from like 1992, then some Stargate episode from like 2002, Ghost Hunting Grannies, Castle, Castle, Castle.

I remember back in the day you could usually at least find some old monster flick or anime or whatever on at night, but now all Canadian programming seems to be the same 4 fucking shows on every channel.

Justin Trudeau is big on diversity and getting immigrants into Canada but a little diversity on Canadian television is apparently way too much to ask. Being Canadian is suffering.

Anyone remember this show (pic related)?
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
>>81190111
I've heard that Nova Scotia did very well economically during the American Civil War but in its aftermath, industrialists disinvested and Canada failed to adopt a strategy in response to that. When James M. Buchanan suggested this method of "equalization" or equivalent investment, surely he was thinking of building up industries in the easternmost parts of Atlantic Canada in order to facilitate greater trade with Britain and France? What's the point of giving everything to Quebec if it will benefit France mainly? Has Trudeau spoken with Britain's new PM about what Canada should be producing in those provinces?
>>
>>81191133
*pisses me off
>>
>>81191133
Lmao you sure are fucking stupid. There needs to be 10% canadian content any time during the day. Have you seen dark matter? If you like sci-fi its canadian kino. Its on netflix btw.
>>
>>81191206
daytime requirement is 55%
>>
>>81190111
I wonder how much of this goes toward studios producing French rap mastas for the CBC
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.