[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did old obiwan even know about Darth Vader? Was he aware of his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: obi-wan-and-luke.jpg (150KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan-and-luke.jpg
150KB, 1600x1201px
Did old obiwan even know about Darth Vader? Was he aware of his existence?

I mean, how could he considering he lived in a desert shithole without any access to mainstream media?
>>
No, he only tells Luke Vader killed his father because he made it up. Imagine his surprise when he actually saw a dude named Vader. Talk about coincidences.

But it completely fits in the SW universe because it is full of coincidences, like Luke and Leia being related.
>>
>>81184807
Uh? The force is like the gossip channel, it tells you everything you didn't want to know about everybody.
>>
>>81184852
It's literally impossible to critique Star Wars since everyone just uses "muh force" as an explanaton for anything retarded

>Obiwan knew of Vader because of his connection to the force
>R2 was drawn to Luke because of the force
>Luke finds Leia because they are drawn together by the force
>PREDESTINY

I could go on. I've gotten into arguments with my normie gf about this shit.
>>
Luke, did I ever tell you about Coleman Trebor, a male Vurk from Sembla, who served as a Jedi Master and Council member of the Jedi Order during the waning years of the Galactic Republic?

Trebor was one of few Vurks to earn galactic fame some time before the Invasion of Naboo, after averting a number of interplanetary disputes without bloodshed. Something of a celebrity with the media, Trebor was well-connected, with numerous diverse contacts located throughout the galaxy.

He was actually a great swordsman; but his one weakness was very specifically an old unarmed man standing perfectly still with another guy casually shooting a single blaster at 1 shot per second.

He was a good friend.
>>
Darth Vader was famous
Everyone knew who he was, he appeared in the holonews all the time
He was like an inquisitor, puting down jedis and rebellions
But only Obi Wan understood he was the other famous jedi knight Anakin
>>
>>81184807
>Did old obiwan even know about Darth Vader? Was he aware of his existence?
Yes

The big question is why C3PO and R2 didn't know. Also worth asking is why they hid the twins with people who were Organa (who Vader knew) and with Vader's relatives. Also having a person who is supposed to be hidden become a prominent senator and political leader is strange.
>>
>>81184807
In Legends Obi Wan found out about Darth Vader's survival about a year after ROTS when he saw a news release about Vader being The Emperor's enforcer.
>>
Why did they phased out High Def in favor of those shitty monochrome holograms? Even the game of chess was in color and with out stutter.
>>
>>81184807
He heard sheevert say "henceforth you shall be known as darth Vader" in that episode 3 hologram, so he knew who he was, maybe not what he had been doing
>>
>>81184807
No, he always knew that Anakin was Vader. It wasn't some force bullshit, or a plot hole. You guys are fucking wrong, all of you.

Do you want to know why? In EP3, where Yoda and Obi check the recorded cameras, they hear that Anakin helped kill the jedi and was knighted by Palpatine with the name "Darth Vader". So when he left to the desert and heard the right hand of palpatine was someone called "Lord Vader" he knew right away.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.