[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some dystopian movies set at least 20 minutes into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1485733012927.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1485733012927.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
What are some dystopian movies set at least 20 minutes into the future and featuring civil war, collapse and grueling warfare as main elements in their plots?

Ultra hard mode: No children of men
>>
children of men
>>
>>81182682
That's kind of a tough combo honestly.
>>
planet of the apes 5 or 6 the one where the apes are literal metaphors for rioting niggers in L.A.
>>
>>81182682
You just know that dog's a biter. Fat little spoiled fuck.
>>
>>81182682
Soylent Green, of course.
>>
>>81182790
>casual racism
>do i fit in yet XD
friggin' ep*c dude
>>
Offsprings of Humanity
>>
>>81182682
The postman? Doomsday?

I mean if you're starving and shit's collapsing... there's not much left to civil war over.
>>
>>81182985
American culture is based on ape slave labor. It is also suggested that the North America of the 1990s is at least partly a police state, as apes and humans are being watched at all times.

Screenwriter Paul Dehn wrote the film incorporating references to the racial conflicts in North America during the early 1970s, and Thompson further highlighted by shooting some scenes in a manner similar to a news broadcast.

Escape, was the most explicitly political of the series. The previous Apes films had commented obliquely on race and other social issues, but against the backdrop of ongoing racial tensions in America, Dehn crafted a story that drew directly upon the 1965 Watts riots in Los Angeles for the imagery of his ape revolution.
>>
File: DeadEndDriveIn_1383.jpg (31KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
DeadEndDriveIn_1383.jpg
31KB, 284x400px
>>81182682
Dead End Drive-In
>>
File: images.duckd.jpg (119KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckd.jpg
119KB, 560x373px
>>81182751
>>81182751
And what does the fact that not many movies like this have been made tell you about our society? It doesn't want to face the inevitable!
>>
>>81182804
yes the look is basically pure hatred and rage.
>>
>>81182682
Mad Max?
>>
>>81182751
>>81182751
If you want dystopias no need to get picky. Children of men is what you describe its so good because it parallels the present.

Children of Men
The Zero Theorem
Brazil
12 Monkeys / La Jetee
Alphaville
Deathly Hallows Part 1
Blade Runner
A Clockwork Orange
The Fifth Element
Total Recall
THX 1138
Gattaca
The Island
Minority Report
>>
>>81183348
I do, but it's just a tough combo to find. You either get the dystopia OR the civil war & the collapse. It doesn't come together too easily, dystopia practically requires that all rebel types are shut down before that stage. It's tough.

>Terminal City Ricochet
>The Breed (2001)
>>
Threads
>>
test
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.