[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I pay for only the channels I want? I only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: cable companies.jpg (43KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
cable companies.jpg
43KB, 620x443px
Why can't I pay for only the channels I want? I only watch like, 10.
>>
>>81179302
Because no cable company wants to help you to pay them less money
>>
>>81179474
/thread

isn't that obvious?
All we have to do is accept it
>>
Quit watching TV, you'll realize how stupid 99% of it is pretty quickly. It's hard to stomach at this point. There's maybe 20 or so good series in the past 20 years.
>>
>>81179302
Limited competition. Were more options available, the optimal option would beat out the other available options. That's free market capitalism at work. But the oligopoly we currently have doesn't allow for a large variety of options, so you just pick the lesser of a few evils and they continuously fuck you.
>>
>>81179542
That too. The best way to watch television qualitatively is after the whole thing aired and you know it's good from reviews.

Watching a show one week at a time, when it might not even be good, is so dumb when you think about it.
>>
You can. What the fuck are you talking about? It's just a better deal to take a package because you get more channels for a lower price.

Just go to you cable company website and find the page with the channel packages and shit and you'll see that you can take a personalized package made out of only the channels you want.

Just because you don't know about it because it's not a popular thing doesn't mean the option doesn't exist.
>>
>>81179302
You think this is bad? Five years from now after net neutrality has been done away with cable ISPs will have throttled all competing video streaming services out of existence.
>>
>>81179615
>after net neutrality has been done away

stop fear mongering
>>
Netflix and buy hbo go or something DONE
I only have basic cable and find everything else online desu
books are better anyway cheaper too
>>
>>81179636
Comcast shill detected. Who can I talk to about buying my own browser history so you can't sell it to someone else?
>>
Sling TV
Playstation Vue
DirectTV Now (not recommended, owned by AT&T)

It isn't perfect (can't record), but it's a whole lot cheaper than cable.
>>
>>81179667

What makes you think I have to sell you digital information that you forfeit to me in the act of using my service?
>>
File: 12110_120_01[1].jpg (372KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
12110_120_01[1].jpg
372KB, 2000x2000px
>>81179689
You see this? Stop licking it.
>>
>>81179718

This post has been logged.
>>
>>81179636
It's not fearmongering when the POTUS says he's signing a bill to get rid of it you fucking idiot
>>
>>81179731

what the heck is a POTUS
>>
>>81179731

Whatever Trump does is good, because I like him, so shut your mouth commie
>>
http://1337x.to/home/

This is the only cable plan you'll ever need.
>>
>>81179731
Just because it will be legal doesn't mean corporations will do it. /s
>>
>>81179688
I've looked into some of that. Playstation Vue would be good since I have a Playstation 4 set up and everything, but I think DirectTV Now would give me all the channels I want the cheapest. I might have to buy an Amazon Fire TV or something.
>>
>>81179757
President
Of
The
United
States
>>
>>81179815
>tfw not american and thought it was some weed legalisation related thing. Pot U.S. or something

Now I understand why some of the convo I've had in the last year didn't make a lick of sense.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.