[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The music sucked >The casting sucked >The plot sucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 52

>The music sucked
>The casting sucked
>The plot sucked
>The dialogue sucked
>The special effects sucked
>The art direction sucked

But by far the worst part of this movie was the jewess herself. Her stupid fucking laughable tough grill walk, her horrible delivery of lines, her fat ugly body parading around on screen.

THE Major, THE THE THE THEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Fucking stupid cunts reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
I don't understand why this movie was made. Most fans aren't going to see it because they know Hollywood butchered it. Most normies aren't going to see it because they aren't familiar with the original work. What's the point?
>>
>>81177258
>10 cents have been deposited into your account
>>
>>81177302
Most non-retarded fans enjoyed the film, myself included. But keep being salty and don't bother with the film.
>>
>>81177335
Whatever you say, friendo
>>
>>81177335
Fuck yourself you shit taste faggot. This movie was fucking trash, it has nothing to do with GitS.
>>
>>81177258

You're not happening
>>
But thats all wrong, faggot.
>>
>>81177366
congrats man! jesus christ do you think anyone gives a fuck about your shit hivemind opinion? fucking sjw weeb
>>
File: 4L_B0Dqrk9W.jpg (210KB, 750x720px) Image search: [Google]
4L_B0Dqrk9W.jpg
210KB, 750x720px
>>81177258
I actually liked the film
Solid 7/10
Roast me
>>
>>81177366

Nice dubs but poor taste, faggoth
>>
Who should have played major?
>>
Saw it last night with missus, it was visually very good, the way they changed the story was expected but still an alright journey.
Writing was terrible, but not for the reasons you'd think.
Without spoilers, a character has major in front of him, listening to him, he walks around, delivering quite an engaging performance then her line in response is. "Bbut you're a murderer, you killed innocence".
Way it was written, delivered by scarjo, and how it didn't seem to gel with what previous character had said.
Out of place and almost felt like a dodgy edit somewhere.
She ruined every scene she was in somehow, misdelivering a line, doing something her character established to this point wouldn't do (not on about anime major, completely different)
Or Mary suing some situation. (No explanation of training or her capabilities) or in other cases being stungunned and turned useless twice.

Many scenes felt broken in places, dodgy edits.
Pg-13ness of the film killed it in places. Especially when you consider how brutal some scenes are and how they could have really made the audience to feel for major. (I'll expand on that if someone wants)
Overall rent, some eye candy, great performances from the rest of the team, batou was surprisingly good.

Tldr eyecandy, Antje traue in place of scarjo, pg13 gutted parts, writers need to be shot. Rent.
>>
>>81177569
A japanese woman, probably. American actresses can't pull it off.
>>
File: ghost in the shell.png (2MB, 1624x4132px) Image search: [Google]
ghost in the shell.png
2MB, 1624x4132px
>jk, I was asian all along
Good one Rupert
>>
>>81177569
Idris Elba
>>
>>81177258
it was shit
>>
>>81177593
How were the non-Major characters handled? I'm a big Takeshi Kitano fan, did he do anything remarkable or just look stupid and mumble his Engrish to collect a paycheck? Does nu-Batou act like a retarded henchman in a Home Alone movie? Because he looks like one. Is the soundtrack ass? Define 'visually very good.' Is it just generic psychedelic future colours like fucking Speed Racer or did they really manage to pull off something inspired here?
>>
>>81177656
>I'm a big Takeshi Kitano fan, did he do anything remarkable or just look stupid and mumble his Engrish to collect a paycheck?

All his lines are subtitled japanese, he spends all but two of his scenes sat in a chair looking like he's just there for the money, lazily delivering his lines.
>>
>badguy 1: "someone just came in and killed them all!"
>badguy 2: "what?! are you sure it wasnt a robot?"
>badguy 1: "no, definitely human"
>badguy 2:"impossible! no man can move that fast!"
>scarjo comes out of optical camo behind them
>scarjo: "i am no man..."
>shoots them

favorte part in the entire movie
>>
>>81177593
the most leddit post I've seen all week, congrats friend
>>
>>81177750
>shoehorned-in "strong independent woman" scene
*vomits internally*
>>
Source material is shit as well so I don't see where they failed
>>
>>81177737
That's a shame. I heard that after Johnny Mnemonic was butchered to hell he gave up on trying to work with Americans. I enjoyed that movie he did with Omar Epps. It'd be cool if he were given real work to do in Hollywood again. Hell, he should have directed this movie. Then it would have been interesting if nothing else.
>>
>>81177656
>How were the non-Major characters handled?
Togusa got 3 small scenes, disappointed.
Takeshi Kitano didn't English or phone it in, had two 'badass' scenes.
nu-Batou is different from the anime, but in this he was an engaging character. Shame that many of his scenes are with scarjo, very little to play off of.
>Is the soundtrack ass?
I felt it was almost non existent or at least not memorable thinking back. Nothing like how Tron legacys soundtrack sticks in your mind well after and defines the scenes.
>Define 'visually very good.'
To most, it's concrete and grey, with neon lights and holograms plastered everywhere.
Inside environments were dusty grey warehouses with wires everywhere.
To me, i come from a concept art background, it's the small details and ideas that were great to look at.
You can tell the set design folks in charge of how the signs, roads, trinkets in the sets, robots, grunge, vehicles have a shit. Basically a lot of love, it's just not consistently applied.
>>
>>81177834
*Gave a shit

> Inb4 Phoneposting
>>
File: down the hall and to the left.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
down the hall and to the left.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>81177784
>Source material is shit as well so I don't see where they failed
>>
>>81177784
> Source material is shit as well so I don't see where they failed

Almost seems to never fail. Anytime a new interpretation of a property doesn't deliver, apologists resort to declaring that the original didn't have much merit either.
>>
>>81177888
nice trips but I literally didn't like the anime
I also didn't like blade runner, beyond the black rainbow, etc...
too much style and no substance for my taste
>>
>>81177258
you know something?YOU SUCK
>>
>>81177302
only cringy weebs won't see it and yet they still will because they have to complain about everything that isn't 100% pure nippon
>>
i enjoyed this movie very much, solid 7.5/10. batou and aramaki were great
>>
>>81177302
As a fan who did see it, my reasoning was that every form of GiTS is different than the last and even Japanese live action anime films can be cringey.

Scar Jo's performance was wooden as expected but the Batou was good, the visuals were pleasant and some of the better performances came from the Asian actors.
>>
>>81177780
>being this autistic

W E W
>>
>>81177258

How exactly? It was aesthetic as fuck. Some cheesy CGI camera movements and poor compositing but the design was fucking incredible imo.
>>
>>81178685
>12 years old first vaporwave aesthetic
>>
>>81177258
>Music sucked
>Special effects sucked
Art direction sucked

Bullshit. Why are you fucking weeaboos so desperate to shit on this movie?
>B-b-but muh anime!
This is a perfectly decent movie yet you fucks are acting like this is the worst film ever made because it doesn't perfectly represent the psychological aspects of the source material.
>>
>>81178700

Name a recent movie with better cyberpunk aesthetics. Just one.
Protip: you can't
>>
File: taookamoto.jpg (801KB, 2634x4096px) Image search: [Google]
taookamoto.jpg
801KB, 2634x4096px
>>81177569
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 500x271px
>>81177258
Sounds like something got... Lost in Translation!
>>
>>81179093
Too scrawny.
>>
I'm not going to criticize ScarJo's performance because that hack director may have told her to play it like she was a robot.

But there's a lot to criticize in this film, starting with that bad script. Reminds me of "Batman Vs. Superman", in that some studio exec tossed a writer a copy of the first GITS graphic novel and a DVD of the first movie and said "make a script out of that. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to sell merchandise."
>>
File: IMG_2122.jpg (47KB, 543x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2122.jpg
47KB, 543x549px
The movie suckt for me the moment they said they will CGI her whole body.
Shit just looks wonky, can't actresses move their fat asses and reach the needed aestethtics?

Pig in a blanket might be a more fitting title
>>
>>81177569
Someone who isn´t like "change the scene because i don´t want to show my boobs".

Wasn´t that the fucking point in the original ? That major didn´t fucking care about her body so she was basically nude all the time ?
>>
File: jessica biel uw 2.webm (3MB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
jessica biel uw 2.webm
3MB, 1040x1040px
>>81177569
Prime Jessica Biel.
>>
>>81177366
#NOTMYCARTOON

Grow up.
>>
>>81179174
(You)
>>
>>81177656
>>81177737
Actually he does some of the best ass kicking in the movie. I want to go see it again just for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRS4tYeeouA
>>
I thought Clint Mansell's score was actually pretty good
>>
>>81177258
>tfw my rank is Major
>nobody calls me The Major
Oh well.
>>
>>81179333
the weirdest part is that they aren't even merchandising it
>>
>>81179749
She's not even a major. She wasn't even a soldier to begin with. The only reason they kept it is because "hurr the original material had it" except she was an actual soldier
>>
>>81177258
Visuals were fine in my book, but man, that dialogue. You'd think they'd have decent writers in hollywood. That first scene with her mother was just so awkward
>>
>>81179333
Yeah the script and how sxarjo delivered are really the worst parts
>>
>>81177335
But you're an obvious shill, dude.
>>
>>81177780

that didn't even happen, autismo
>>
>>81177335
>non-retarded
>enjoyed capeshit: cyberpunk edition
Choose one
>>
>>81177761
Why?
>>
File: 1468769709220.jpg (10KB, 218x316px) Image search: [Google]
1468769709220.jpg
10KB, 218x316px
reminder that crunchyroll has been paying fake weebs to shill their crappy cartoon version by criticizing the movie.
don't believe me?
crunchyroll just put all the animated Ghost in the Shell films on steam and for a discount only days ago.

They're really wanting this movie to bomb so that weebs flood to their services.
Don't trust any poster who has an irrational hatred towards Scarjo or the movie.
>>
why did she walk like that
>>
>>81180254
mostly likely false but it's the kind of move weebs would do to be anti-establishment
>>
>>81180254
Crunchyroll is fucking garbage, just like this flick
>>
>>81177258
Reminder that the 1995 movie is just as different from the source material than this movie
>>
I'm seeing this movie just out of curiosity, and I've seen the original film. What should I expect, what are some significant changes?
>>
File: ghghhgh.jpg (90KB, 1914x688px) Image search: [Google]
ghghhgh.jpg
90KB, 1914x688px
the more you look at it the worse it becomes
>>
File: 148733505572738048.gif (566KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
148733505572738048.gif
566KB, 125x70px
>>81179606
>Don't send a rabbit to kill a fox.
>>
>>81182066
less philosophy, more traditional black and white narrative, more focus on characters
if you appreciate the GitS world and aesthetic you won't be disappointed, but if it's the philosophical subtleties and existentialist undertones that define the original for you you might not like it
>>
>>81182644
>the lonely person is in a solitary room of shadow in a bright world
>naw fuck it lets go for the DC audience make everything bleak as fuck
>>
>>81182770
it ain't even bleak

it's just... all they did was go for "futuristic"
>>
File: expanding GiTS.png (673KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
expanding GiTS.png
673KB, 500x705px
R E M I N D E R
>>
>>81182757
That's a bit underwhelming considering that the original film wasn't extremely deep in terms of philosophy and detail. I mean it was fairly easy to understand. The only part I got confused on was their explanation of ghosts. So did Puppet Master create his own ghost from becoming self-aware?
>>
>>81177258
>The music sucked
The ost wasn't as memorable as the original but it wasn't bad.
>The casting sucked
Michael Shannon and Michael Pitt did a good job. Scarlet Johansson did alright she was at least cute to look at.
>The plot sucked
It wasn't much different from the original just less pretentious.
>The dialogue sucked
Not enough quips?
The effects on this were for most part great, especially all the city parts.
This is one of best looking cyberpunk films in a very long time.

I'm willing to bet you went into this movie wanting to hate it.
>>
File: SmugWood.jpg (12KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
SmugWood.jpg
12KB, 400x300px
>>81183647

Agreed. Fucking butthurt weebs. Saw the original like 6 years ago and couldn't stand how pretentious and full of itself it was, ramming it down your throat and spoonfeeding you how "deep" it is. It's a fake intellectual's idea of a smart film, that and the fact there is nostalgia factor of "WOW AN ANIME THAT REALLY MAKES YOU THINK".

The ScarJo version had a lot of subetly and, if you actually paid attention to the original, paid quite a bit of tasteful homage to it without demanding the viewer have everything dumbed down to appreciate it

>the prostitute scene

Powerful. Or

>meeting her mom

Like, come on, what do you faggots want? It was way deeper and more mature than anyone could have anticipated from the trailer and hoped for from a film based on a FUCKING JAPANESE CARTOON.
>>
>>81177569
that one girl from transformers that gives me boners
>>
>>81179093
that dress makes her tits look weird/too low.
>>
>>81182832
ARISE. A. SHIT.
>>
>>81185277

yeah it's the dress that makes her look like an extra from Signs
>>
>>81177258

It was better than what I expected
>>
>>81177302
Hollywood has run out of ideas. The GITS premise is incredibly fresh for people who didn't see the original
>>
>>81177258
I saw this yesterday and it seriously wasn't that bad. I'm getting real fucking tired of the internet blowing everything out of proportion all of the time
>>
File: 1490978560817.jpg (35KB, 708x223px) Image search: [Google]
1490978560817.jpg
35KB, 708x223px
Pure pleb filter like OGF, Under the Skin and Spring Breakers

Only low cineIQ videogame players don't understand it
>>
>>81178785
>This is a perfectly decent movie yet you fucks are acting like this is the worst film ever made because it doesn't perfectly represent the psychological aspects of the source material.

>This is a good movie in its franchise that has nothing to do with what made its franchise good.

Get fucked you shill retard
>>
>>81177302
>I don't understand why this movie was made. Most fans aren't going to see it because they know Hollywood butchered it. Most normies aren't going to see it because they aren't familiar with the original work. What's the point?

I think they're counting on non-fans who aren't familiar with the work and are going to see it because it's a sci-fi action movie that looks kind of like the Matrix/Robocop/Bladerunner/Deus ex machina/etc.

And fans who will see it just to say they saw it. I stand guilty as charged.

>>81178455

That's the thing. As different as the other incarnations are, they're very much united in their general approach to their cyberpunk world, which definitely isn't flashy holographic shit everywhere and simplistic approaches to good/bad guys and the nature of cybernetics.

The movie is decent enough, but entirely forgettable.

Which is just kind of a sad iteration for a franchise that's pretty well known for being a trend setter by defying the usual action scifi schtick.
>>
>>81186139

>someone likes something i dont
>they must always be a shill

You're retarded and that's all there is to it
>>
File: Ghostinthebrains.jpg (288KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostinthebrains.jpg
288KB, 857x1202px
this desu
>>
>>81182021
my friend also said that she walked weird, but i didnt notice it, how did she walk, anon?
>>
>the /v/edditors favorite reviewer liked it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Pw9J6qtzM

what did he mean by the part where he talks about how the 95 one only being good possibly because of his state of mind as a youth?
>>
>>81177302
The GITS movie was normies as fuck in the 90's. You could find VHS of it everywhere. The new movie just tries to cash in on nostalgia.
>>
>>81180254
>crunchyroll just put all the animated Ghost in the Shell films on steam and for a discount only days ago.

This is pretty standard procedure any time a new film in a franchise comes out. Video rental outlets restock the old prequals, sequals, and earlier versions. Networks air marathons of the other movies and shows. Bookstores put the books and comics in displays in the center aisles. Old videogames start appearing for purchase.

A new movie coming out means free advertising and people either wanting to revisit their old favorite series, refresh themselves on the history, or new viewers wanting to see what the rest of the franchise has to offer.

If anything, these folks want the movie to be successful, as that means more people come to them by osmosis.
>>
>>81186164
I'm not the one who is impressed with shiny lights with absolutely no substance whatsoever. Its fine if you like it, but know that this isn't GitS, so stop pretending that it is.
>>
File: EdThumbs.jpg (45KB, 499x649px) Image search: [Google]
EdThumbs.jpg
45KB, 499x649px
>>81186315

It is, and there isn't anything you can do about it

What, are you also one of those people who marches in the street screaming "NOT MY PRESIDENT"?
>>
>>81186315
Style is the substance, videogame sensibilities
>>
File: cyberpunk_2077 avatar.jpg (20KB, 194x194px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk_2077 avatar.jpg
20KB, 194x194px
>>81182066
you should expect:
>a dumbed down plot for all audiences
>little screen time of somewhat well portrayed side characters
>an origins story sub-plot for the main character that might surprise you
>surprising high amount of shot-for-shot adaptation

The first point is rather bad while the other points might or might not be of your liking. Music and visuals are fine, enough to enjoy something out of the movie.
>>
>>81182066
>I'm seeing this movie just out of curiosity, and I've seen the original film. What should I expect, what are some significant changes?

It's basically the remake of Robocop only Robocop is a chick that spends half the movie struggling with emotional problems and getting constantly captured and tied up.
>>
>>81182832

2nd Gig is the pinnacle of GitS. The movie is actually one of my least favorite versions (and I fucking love Oshii) because the Major is so fucking dour and up her own ass.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (65KB, 290x406px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
65KB, 290x406px
>>81179093
>>
>>81186350
It is only because they bought the name, it has nothing to do with the series. Would you consider Dragonball: Evolution to be a fair representative of its source material?

Not saying that this one is DB:E levels of bad, but its the same Hollywood marketing bullshit that tries to cast as large a net as possible to rake in as much money as possible without any regard for the source material.

But by all means, enjoy your big budget action/revenge/origin story just like every other capeshit in the last 10 years. It could've been more and thats why people are mad.
>>
>>81183647
>less pretentious plot than the first

Retard detected, they wallop you with transhumanist buzzwords every two seconds and "muh actions>memories."
>>
>>81186185
It means he hasn't rewatched it in a long time.
>>
>>81177258
Haven't watched this, how much do they cut out?
How did they get a young Scarlett Johansmeme for the ending? Did it even have the robo-reproduction bits? Did she show her tits? Did they butcher the gorgeous visuals?
>>
>>81186527

>and that's why people are mad

The same people complaining didn't even see the fucking movie if the box office gross is any indication. People just jumped on the hate bandwagon because of blogosphere trends, most people that have seen it actually enjoyed the film irrespective of "OMFG its not liek the anime!!! FFFUCKIN JEWSSS".

This is way better than any capeshit, let's get real. Superhero films wish they were this good.
>>
>>81177258
I could have told you that and I haven't seen it
>>
>>81186005
there's so much irony on this post, yet it could be a straight opinion. Fuck this internet. Al.
>>
>>81186653
>this is better than capeshit

Haha no, Blade had better a plot and fight choreography ffs.
>>
>>81180254
Whatever you say, shill.
>>
>>81186653
Did I say anything along the lines of "FFFUCKIN JEWSSS"? If they didn't want it to be compared to the anime they shouldn't have attempted to recreate iconic scenes only to make them worse than their originals.

People didn't jump on the hate bandwagon, its been rolling for quite some time through trailers, rumors and such, and when the reviews came out with many stating the only good thing about this movie are the shiny visuals it cemented many opinions.

I could understand if every review was as biased as the iron Fist ones, where everything bad they say is about the characters race, but its not the case. The major gripe with this movie is the thematic changes, which are the heart of the series.
>>
Great news, the film only made $19 million this weekend. They hoped for $25 million.

It only made just $19 million this weekend. They expected $25 million.

http://variety.com/2017/film/box-office/box-office-boss-baby-ghost-in-the-shell-beauty-and-the-beast-1202020980/
>>
>>81180254
i believe it
the amount of people here in these threads not using /tv/ language to discuss this flick is out of control
>>
>>81186895
Box Office Mojo's forecast was way the hell off on Thursday. They expected 35-40. I guess that kills any possibility of a sequel.
>>
>>81186653
Kusenagi learned to embrace her cyber body and push the boundaries of her humanity.

Scarjo learned she had an Asian brain.
>>
>>81180254
I just checked CR and it wasn't on streaming. Do you know how expensive the licenses would be? They wouldn't be able to afford it with their revenue. And they just spent millions to simulcast Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia.
>>
>>81186593
>>81186593
>Haven't watched this
aight
>how much do they cut out?
from what? Shirow's works? A ton. Oshii's film? some
>How did they get a young Scarlett Johansmeme for the ending?
I dont know what are you're talking about but since you havent watched the movie I think that not even you know what you're talking about.
>Did it even have the robo-reproduction bits?
what robo-reproduction bits? ffs I have watched all the animu, I have read the mango, and I still dont know what on earth are you talking about. Now im starting to wonder if I actually have an issue of forgetting stuff
>Did she show her tits?
see >>81184897
>Did they butcher the gorgeous visuals?
no
>>
>>81187129
The Oshii film, I don't care about weeb shit and only like good films.
The whole thing had a robot sex scene at the end, did you not actually watch it?
>>
china will save this movie just like Warcraft.
>>
File: 1423461062947.jpg (85KB, 315x641px) Image search: [Google]
1423461062947.jpg
85KB, 315x641px
>it's a bigger flop than Ghostbusters

I wonder what the next big feminist flop will be.

Nevermind, I just remembered Wonder Woman is coming out in two months. I completely forgot. I had to go to imdb and look at what was coming out this year.
>>
>>81187152
it just so happens that I have a rip from the 1996 film that I just checked and no, there's no sex scene at the end.
Though I do remember a lesbian cybersex session in the manga, it was awesome and you can just dream they would make something similar in either animation or live action
>>
>>81186155

>Which is just kind of a sad iteration for a franchise that's pretty well known for being a trend setter by defying the usual action scifi schtick.

That must be my biggest problem with the whole film; unlike the past versions, it doesn't leave anything to be thoughtful about after. I thought it would have been pretty bold to use the animated film's ending but I was disappointed to see them play it painfully safe, diverting even farther from the feel of the series.
>>
>>81186593
>>how much do they cut out?

There are characters named Major, Batou, Togusa, and Aramaki. And a bunch of visual shout outs.

>>>How did they get a young Scarlett Johansmeme for the ending?

They don't. It doesn't actually follow the plot of the movie. Just reinterprets some of the visuals in very different contexts.

>> Did it even have the robo-reproduction bits?

Yes, but it's implied that the Major has a "barbie doll body" without defined nipples or genitalia, which makes sense.

>>Did they butcher the gorgeous visuals?

As said before, they recreated a lot of the visuals from the film and some from the show, but in very different context.

Also, everything is a lot more holographic and LED laden than the movies and show. It looks (and feels) like Mass Effect. In the latter half of the movie, in the "lawless zones", we see environments that are much more lived in like the manga and animated works.
>>
>>81183647
>The ost wasn't as memorable as the original but it wasn't bad.
The music was one of the worst parts. Literally NOTHING memorable at all with constant distracting droning futuristic sounds/pads and inception bwaaaws.
>Michael Shannon and Michael Pitt did a good job. Scarlet Johansson did alright she was at least cute to look at.
Scarlet Johansson did not do alright and whether or not it was just her sucking or following some shit directing, she was wooden and inconsistent. and that stupid gait holy shit. "hey scarlet, just pretend you are black widow but talk like you are a robot with no soul"
>It wasn't much different from the original just less pretentious.
the plot was generic Hollywood cyberpunk bullshit and uninteresting, plus they just lazily slapped random elements off all the gits source material together
>Not enough quips?
do you really think any of the dialog was actually engaging or interesting, most of it was just forcing gits concepts and ideas in the most obvious and brain dead way. hey guys a ghost is actually your soul, DID YOU KNOW GHOST = SOUL!?!?1
>The effects on this were for most part great, especially all the city parts.
some of the effects were decent but the city was the worst, a terrible depiction, completely missed the mark, NEON NEON, plus ads
>This is one of best looking cyberpunk films in a very long time.
the art direction was also one of the worst parts, they got pretty much everything wrong, making being hacked look like a grunge orgy, inside the dive the effect were shit and wrong, the city and streets, all the section 9 conference rooms, the list goes on

pretty much failed on all fronts. would have been much better if they just called it something else and didnt attach it to gits
>>
It was alright. Easily like a 6-7/10 based on visuals and shit. I really wish it was R, but of course that would have been way too fucking risky to make
>>81178455
Sj was okay. Lookwise (or at least facially) I felt like she fit pretty well. Agreed aboit Batou. His character was worse, but the actor did a good job.
>>81186155
>>81187583
>thinking this highly of GitS
>not watching Arise
>>81177784
>>81177903
>seeing genres you don't like
Mfw
>>
>>81187420

I think he's referring to the merging of the Motoko and Puppetmaster's ghosts into an entirely new entity. It's likened to reproduction in the movie. And both are lying naked side by side staring up, which is a common post-coital shot. The implications and symbolism are obvious.
>>
>>81187583
>play it safe
that pretty much sums the whole thing up.

But I am not disappointed actually, I'd rather have them not changing it and inventing some new shit than just ending it unchanged but safe. no need to say I dont trust hollywood screenwriters and producers.

would it have been better to have a 1:1 adaptation? sure but that's almost impossible and all things considered this was pretty much a 1:1 adaptation as far as it can be, there's even a staggering number of scenes filmed shot-for-shot from 1995's animated film
>>
>>81188328
>>thinking this highly of GitS

Whatever you think of GitS, it can't be argued to be simple and rely on use of bog standard sci-fi plots.
>>
Watched it a while ago. Scarjo was shit. Only thing good is takeshi kitano.
>>
It was a decent film, I actually liked some parts of it.

And I don't give a fuck about that weeaboo cartoon shit it was based on.
>>
>>81188415
You pretty much just summed up Arise. It's just cyberporn with a brand name.
>>
File: ReRun.jpg (8KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
ReRun.jpg
8KB, 183x276px
>>81177416
>Solid 7/10

>>81177593
>damning with faint praise

>>81177834
>same

>>81178451
>7.5/10

>>81178455
>meh

>>81182066
>just out of curiosity

>>81183647
>it wasn't bad.

>>81185997
>wasn't that bad.

>>81186155
>decent enough, but entirely forgettable.

Speaking as your does it for free focus group analyst, I can tell you that the above sample of apparently sincere posters who have seen the movie have given it the undisputed, undefeated feedback formula for failure.

pic related
>>
>>81188388
>and all things considered this was pretty much a 1:1 adaptation as far as it can be, there's even a staggering number of scenes filmed shot-for-shot from 1995's animated film

It really does feel like someone saw the original movie on mute with no subtitles once and was then forced to create a film based on their memories.

"Ummm, there were was a scene where they made a robot chick. A cool scene where she goes invisible while jumping off a roof. They fought a guy in some water. And they had a spider tank fight. There was also some stuff about a half-built robot and hacking and people standing around and talking, whom I assume were government and corporate types."
>>
File: 1458972871353.png (244KB, 297x462px) Image search: [Google]
1458972871353.png
244KB, 297x462px
>Speaking as your does it for free focus group analyst

Imagine being this desperate for attention
>>
>>81188475
You pretty much just summed up Arise. It's just cyberporn with a brand name.

And Arise is not a very well regarded iteration of the GitS franchise either. I remember people criticizing when it came out. I stopped watching after the first two episodes.
>>
>>81188508
why do people keep bringing up that piece of shit aron flux when talking about gits? aeon flux was ACTUALLY bad. gits was ok.
>>
>>81188582
>gits was ok.

That is why it failed.

>>81188572
I thought you might like to know we're watching. Note the change in marketing venue and rotation following this weekend.
>>
>>81188508
that movie was really terribad, and that time I didnt even knew the source material to shit on its quality even further beyond
>>
>>81188582

Because Aeon Flux faced a similar treatment at first glance. Took a show that was relatively groundbreaking and well known for a unique style and turned into a generic action chick movie with a generic sci-fi "fuck the corporation that made me a living weapon via illegal experimentation" plot.
>>
>>81188573
See I'm a huge faggot for GitS so I love it even though it sucks dick. My point is that ,you can't fucking greentext you newfag, you shouldn't hold it so highly as a franchise. It's ups are great but it's downs are relatively awful. Arise is like the DkSII of the franchise.
>>81188643
You should've posted Resident Evil instead lmao.
>>
>>81188690
>DkSII
wut?
>>
>>81188690

Every franchise has under performers. If anything, franchises that are taken as pretty consistently good should be held to higher standards than those that are consistently mediocre. People didn't expect THAT much in terms of quality writing or anything approaching a non-standard plot from DB Evolution, for example.

>>It's ups are great but it's downs are relatively awful.

And your praise it more when it's up and criticize it more when it's down. I don't remember people holding back on Arise just because it GitS.

And hell, I'm one of the people earlier who mentioned that I think the manga and TV series are better than the movie because movie Motoko is so damned morose and self serious.

>>You should've posted Resident Evil instead lmao.

Resident Evil, Robocop, Ultraviolet, there are plenty of similar examples one can cite- as many already have.
>>
File: gentle whisper.jpg (2KB, 125x95px) Image search: [Google]
gentle whisper.jpg
2KB, 125x95px
>>81177258
"major"
>>
>>81186895
its still sunday you mong
>>
>>81188856
I prefer DkS to DaS because dicks is better than das. >>>/vg/172842696
>>81188943
Yeah I know, SaC and 2nd Gig are the best versions of the series including the manga. My point was that not all of it's great since your ass said
> Whatever you think of GitS, it can't be argued to be simple and rely on use of bog standard sci-fi plots.
Movie was still better than Arise though but again I love all things GitS because I'm a raging homo and think it makes me smart.
>>
>>81188328
>thinking this highly of GitS
>not watching Arise

Yeah I liked pretty much everything else but Arise. I actually agree with all of your post.

My standard for the series is just an average of the peaks and valleys is all. And the peaks are just really nice.
>>
>>81189097
thats fine, but maybe you should consider that not everyone visits the same boards you do.
>>
>>81179749
yeah but they use major as a name which sounds completely off

"major isn't a tool shes a weapon"

if however you use the major
"the major isn't a tool shes a weapon"

then you are referring to a specific major THE major to whom we all know we are referring. When speaking to motoko directly in the anime and in the movie they just say "hey major you wana fuck my boi pucci tonight" which is perfectly fine and the way you are thinking of
>>
>>81182770
>>81182798
everything about the composition of the scene is the percise opposite of the orrigional ad has the opposite effect.

The orrigional in many ways has the world as a character and sometimes the most important character. The movie is in a large part about the major's relationship with the world

The new one is a very narrow origin story about scarjo and these disparate priorities are shown very well in this frame

the original: bright day in a futuristic city with opportunity and progress but there are no flying cars and its still a little grimy and oppressive. The major is a shadow of this world, created by this bright future of super technology but not necessarily being a part of it

Scarjo version: See scarjo, see scarjo sleep, scarjo has a robo bed is she really human girl or robo? Its nasty outside like bladerunner! wasn't that a good movie?
>>
>>81177569
Why are there no popular swole female actors?
>>
>>81189231
>>
>>81183647
the plot was the opposite of the original and if you think the original is pretentious you are just hopelessly missing the forest for the trees. The original plot was quite simple with 2 fucking pretentious speeches, you are mistaking the speeches for the plot.

heres a hint to help you, the plot isn't delivered by exposition

also the movie was horrible lit and choreographed and the city was just a skid row fish market a parking lot and 2 bars it had none of the vitality that makes bladerunner LA or the original GiTs cities feel real
>>
File: shiho_yoshimura.jpg (94KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
shiho_yoshimura.jpg
94KB, 641x960px
>>81189590
I'd love to see more /fit/ female actors make it. Even the most mainstream typecast female action hero types are slender.

I guess the more Hollywood relies on existing work to make movies from, the more fans of those works will protest for women who fit the character's body type. But they'd be dipping into a pretty shallow pool of options.
>>
>>81177258
Solid movie. Really enjoyed it.
>>
>>81177366
>mad, crying, fat anime retards
Grow up. It was good cyperpunk movie.
>>
>>81190309
Whatever you say, ESshilL-kun.
>>
>>81177416

I saw it on Saturday. I wasn't bored but they didn't ruin the source material. The majority of the cinematography was very good.

It sucks that they made the Puppet Master into this failed attempt to what they did with the Major and the Hanka CEO was a shit villain.
>>
>>81190309
>>81190379
its not bad, its not great, and neither of you are fat virgin weebs, but you could use some common sense and quit calling names to anons over the internet over a movie based on a japanese comic
>>
File: 1462842230540.png (1MB, 499x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1462842230540.png
1MB, 499x1640px
>>81177258
After rewatching some of 2nd Gig, it's really sad they didn't just wholesale copy Kuze rather than make the weird shit mix of Puppeteer/Laughing Man/Kuze they gave. It would have been perfectly applicable to the current political climate and that dumb nigger rupert had to do was copy some shit and maybe throw in a few references to the original movie here than there

but no he couldn't hold it in and just fucked it all up, not even going to mention how they sidelined the entirety of Section 9 till the very end, literally showed saito magically sniping a heli-plane thing with one bullet with a cheesy oneliner

Why couldn't they just use an Osprey for that? Why did the Major's backstory literally start like a year before current events? There's no way she could become a "super hacker" with leet asskicking skills inside a year

I'm not even in the mood to put together a legit review, I'm just so surprised how shameless this """""""adaptation""""""""""""" was

I mean even the whole issue with her name was plain retarded, the whole point of her name being motoko was that it was a throwaway pseudonym, like being called jane smith or some shit. It intrinsically was supposed to have no value to her fuck me this movie is bad and I feel bad for giving money to it
>>
>>81190513
>D-don't call a shill a shill
>It hurts my fee fees

You marketers a getting desperate.
Insulting people for not liking your movie doesn't make other people want to see it. Besides, the dog-eaters will make up the money you lost in your bad investment, not westerners. Shill on their sites.
>>
File: consider.jpg (37KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
37KB, 569x428px
>>81190584
about what you say in the spoiler, I dont know exactly the timeline but, I do remember one of them Hanka guys playing a song straight to that black african politics man's iBrainâ„¢ and saying that her very young daughter learned german while singing that piece, so there's that.
>>
File: dredd-image07[1].jpg (511KB, 2000x1331px) Image search: [Google]
dredd-image07[1].jpg
511KB, 2000x1331px
>people saying it's not bad
>but will say a laundry list of flaws

wasted material desu. only thing it did well was copy shots established by the anime. but that was far and few most of the movies telling a story line with a depth of an inch

>pic related, a better movie
>>
>>81190821
well fuck me that's pretty blatant mary sueism if I've ever seen it

I mean the major was always a mary sue, but at least the implication was she trained or was uniquely qualified by the time of the plot. I guess mr cutter was totally justified in trying to kill everyone if he literally could make superhumans right off the assembly line
>>
File: dunno.jpg (138KB, 807x460px) Image search: [Google]
dunno.jpg
138KB, 807x460px
>>81177569
duh
>>
>>81179631
same, when his name popped up during the opening credits i perked up
>>
>>81186431
>10 episodes to deal with a nuclear bomb
GIG has the best animation, but I prefer the variety of SAC
>>
can't we at least agree the critics were exaggerating?
>>
>>81191095
agreed on pic related, and you know what these two films have in common?

they wont have a sequel because they both tanked in the box office
>>
I had sex with two jewish girls donning purple wigs after watching this.
>>
>>81177258
If you could not enjoy this movie, you have bad taste.
>>
>>81179631
I dare to say it was as good as environments design alongside sound design.
Since picture quality in my local cinema sucked i appreciated how well was sound made.
And it all was killed with a dumbass plot and script, such a shame. I mean, there was real potential of making big and somehow new cyberpunk thing, but, they flushed it down with robocop story, teenage agnst and antagonist who is doing bad things just because he is EVIL GUY. Damn, the profit motivation was fine enough to glue his actions together, but no, lets give him unnatural butthurt on some teen hobos.
>>
>>81186245
That doesn't mean it was "normie as fuck" you retard, and it wasn't anyway so your point was lost
>>
>>81191269
Do you do it for free?
>>
>>81191281
>unnatural butthurt on some teen hobos
they were just the perfect target, I didnt see the buthurt you speak of. I did think that shooting the Omelette science woman was stupid af
>>
>>81191407
not to mention they were in the same room and in the next scene he shot her through the glass, like he actually went to the adjacent room to shoot her?
>>
>>81190584
>, literally showed saito magically sniping a heli-plane thing with one bullet with a cheesy oneliner

but he LITERALLY does that in the second episode of second gig
>>
>>81191113
Fucking this
>>
>>81177366
>it has nothing to do with GitS.

Fuck off. The guy playing Batou was pitch perfect and Beat Takeshi made Aramaki badass.

I agree that ScarJo was the film's weakest link, though. Karen Fukuhara would've been a much better choice for Motoko, IMO.
>>
>>81191519
yes after we've been introduced to his character and we can match a name to a face

I didn't much like that scene in 2nd gig but at least 2nd gig gave us his poker episode so it can be forgiven for that anyhow.

Also they clearly explained who he was targeting, why he needed to sniper the pilot, and then they showed us the pilot getting head shot and the AI regaining control of the aircraft. This literally had him shot in the general direction of the aircraft and we aren't shown what the fuck actually happened as we're still processing who this random dude with a wire going into his eye even is
>>
>>81188943
IMO, ScarJo's Major was a weird attempt to be both GITS '95 Motoko and Arise Motoko, but somehow arrived at Innocence Motoko with how she played the role.
>>
>>81186765
Watched dr. strange at home right after gits in theater, and found out that comic movie was more solid in characters, their motivations, and was more focused on what its conveys.
Gits starts one theme, then another, not finishes both and then drops out clunky final.
And with all of that i am anime lover and don't know shit about superhero comics and dont watch movies of it. Watched dr. strange just because there was some cool acid visuals.
>>
This film is retarded because it has no target audience. Fans of the anime/manga will be repelled by this crap and the brain dead superhero audience doesn't watch weeb shit.
Who ever produced this disaster is clearly an idiot
>>
The gits manga, movies, anime, and live action are all different renditions of the story. They have different writers, different focuses, and different looks. Duurrrr the scarjo live action isn't gits duurrr. No, it's a new rendition that is undeniably related to all the other renditions, as promised. If you could not enjoy anything, from the visuals, cinematography, practical effects, wardrobe, or anything really, you have shit taste and can't get over your pretentious presumptions of every film potentially being the absolute worst film conceived. Gits is a solid 6/7, if you actually see it, try and enjoy something for once.
>>
File: tip fadora good.jpg (8KB, 250x221px) Image search: [Google]
tip fadora good.jpg
8KB, 250x221px
>>81188508
>I am so perceptive I can read between the lines of these posts to see the shills latest tactics
>>
I am a big fan of the GITS franchise. This movie was not a remake of the 1995 version, it was an adaption of the series as a whole. I enjoyed seeing all the references. The movie was ok, I enjoyed it. The main villain sucked though, I'm tired of the evil white CEO cliche.
>>
>>81177569
Summer Glau.
>>
I really want a follow-up where a rogue AI assumes the identity of Mira, complete with using ScarJo as her shell, who goes out her way to frame the real Motoko, now played by someone else.

Fucking bullshit it didn't do good though...unless something weird happens and it hits #1 next week.
>>
>>81177569
The only realistic choice.

>can speak English and Japanese
>hot off Suicide Squad
>would not lead to bitch asses whining about "whitewashing"
>cute as fuck
>wouldn't need any CG enhancements while wearing the skin suit
>>
>>81191997
The major, the shell, isn't japanese, it's a shell, it has no purpose in the story for her shell being japanese.
>>
>>81191997

the only movies asian women belong in is porn

fuck off ching chang
>>
>>81192086
except the girl anon posted is cuter than angry-face johanson
>>
>>81192130

But asian porn is terriblIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ENN ENN ENNN ENN KIMOCHIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>81192162
That's completely fair. I agree.
>>
>>81177302
I've never watched a single anime and knew nothing about it going in. I'm not dying to see it again but I certainly enjoyed it.
>>
The cinematography was very good. It looked gorgeous. The costumes were awesome.
>>
>>81177302
They ran out of books and comics to adapt so they're moving on to Anime
>>
>>81180254
That truly proves it!

The timing is just too convenient, GITS movie comes out and at the EXACT same time CR try to sell their shitty 10 year old anime version. A little bit too convenient if you ask me.
>>
>>81191407
I sure, that in this universe exists a long-long line of crippled war veterans, who will be happy to get cyber body and obey orders, not saying about general public. Why to capture teens in the first place if you have pool of people who are begging for such enhancements?
>>
>>81177302
I had fun, I really liked it
>>
I agree except the art direction was fucking great. The sfx were fine.
>>
Can someone post the skyline edit with CIA and bane?
>>
>>81192348
the key is not them being teens, but hobos that left their homes, being young just means younger brain, meaning less wear, fresher meat.
>>
>>81191113

I can agree with this.
>>
File: reddit spacing.jpg (61KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
reddit spacing.jpg
61KB, 576x576px
>>81189585
Is this you?
>>
The rape scene was a little over the top. Most of the people walked out of the theater by that point. All in all I wouldn't say it's worth the effort.
>>
>>81191836
Current year Hollywood is functionally incapable of making anything with an explicit anti-government bent. Even be it rogue agencies or bad individuals inside the government.

It's quite literally a propaganda arm of the state at this point.
>>
>>81180254
They probably just did that cause they knew the movie was coming out and wanted to piggyback off it. I assume there's a decent amount of people that will be watching the original stuff now just cause the movie got them interested
>>
>>81180254
Dude, I just bought Arise Borders 1, 2, 3 and 4 from Best Buy a few days ago.

I'm glad some shit went down to thrifty prices because of the movie.
>>
>>81192445
Still dont get why not to check few hospitals and not to get desperated parents legal consent. From business perspective catch people on street for this stuff is just absurd as fuck. It can be explained only with "WE AR EVIL GUYS GET IT MU HA HA HA HA "
>>
>>81191785
>all different renditions of the story

>anime movie
>uncover the rogue government
>anime
>We go BY THE BOOKS

>movie
>*shoots the CEO three times point blank*
>>
>>81192614
>why not to check...
I'm just pointing out the benefits of snagging some hobo teens if you want disposable healthy brains
>>
>>81191997
Asian women couldn't play the major Because her facial design is white/Nordic as fuck
>>
>>81177258
Post a pic fatty
>>
>>81178874
Deus Ex Human Revolution
>>
>>81192960
The point is there's too many white people in movies, and there needs to be less white people.
>>
File: CxMiy3VVEAAr4FX.jpg (45KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CxMiy3VVEAAr4FX.jpg
45KB, 1200x675px
Batou was so good in this movie, probably my favorite iteration of him.
I had no idea this actor would pull it off so well.
Age this man 10 years and cast him as Jet in the Bebop movie.
>>
I loved this film tbqh.
>great cinematography
>great ambient soundtrack
>I hate scarjo but she was tolerable in this... not to mention Major wasn't as completely dull and lifeless and she was in the original GitS

I give it a solid 7.5/10.
stay mad, weebs. anime sucks dick. The original movie was nothing special.
>>
>>81193468
>The original movie was nothing special.

except, you know, its amazing visuals and ambient soundtrack
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 600x337px
>>81193468
Peoples or get that the anime film was made in about 8 months. It could be altered or at least added to.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 639x725px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 639x725px
>>81193499
*People forget that the anime was made in about 8 months
>>
The only two things that was ok in this shit stain of a movie was Jimmy Doherty and the copypaste scene of Major's muscles ripping.
>>
File: mxrrMkL.png (535KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mxrrMkL.png
535KB, 1280x720px
>>81191997
She's way too bubbly. Much like ScarJo.

>>81191113
Only correct choice. Here's a screencap from a video of her lifting.
>>
>>81177335
neck yourself
>>
>>81180254
So it's a shill battle on /tv/ and nobody is allowed to have a honest opinion on this movie, right?
>>
>>81193493
>amazing visuals
most anime is simplistic, shit tier, 8fps animation layered over painterly backgrounds. So yes, the backgrounds were nice to look at in-between long scenes of dialogue with lip syncing consisting of two to three mouth positions.
>>
>>81177569

Mary Elizabeth Winstead you fuckin idiot
>>
>>81193563
Literally the major in this pic. What a wasted opportunity
>>
Shilling this hard...sad
>>

Oh look, an edgy contrarian opinion.

Dead wrong by the way.
>>
>>81179472
>Prime Jessica Biel.
she actually cares about her body, and still looks great
>>
>>81193772
>most anime
sure, but gits not being like most anime is the point
>>
>anime
Jumps from a rooftop into a room, does some shit and then jumps back out the building. As she falls and is being watched by some of the occupants, she cloaks and waves her hand over her face as it happens.

>film
Jumps off a rooftop and does the same cloak hand wave gesture at the sky for no reason.
>>
>>81177258

>The music sucked
Why? Because the famous theme appears only in the credits?
>The casting sucked
Lie. You can't cast a GitS movie better, fucking Takeshi Kitano plays Aramaki, you can't cast someone better.
>The plot sucked
The plot from the Original is not any deeper than that. It's delivers his basic storyline incredible good.
>The dialogue sucked
Example, a whole one, with context.
Lie.
Incredible stupid lie.
>>
>>81194550
>Why? Because the famous theme appears only in the credits?
I could swear I heard it briefly in some scene in the movie, I think it was towards the end, either right before or after the spider tank battle
>>
>>81179631

>try to pirate it
>only the dubstep is available

also that is one godawful depeche mode cover
>>
>>81194550
b i a s e d
>>
>>81177258
9/10 wait for you to debate me on IMDB.
>>
>>81177593
read that as
>but still an alt-right journey.
>>
Daily reminder
>>
>>81193265
kys
>>
>>81196454
shitty fanfic
>>
File: Rooney-Mara-Bangs.jpg (22KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
Rooney-Mara-Bangs.jpg
22KB, 500x751px
>>81177569
She is literally a carbon copy version of the original anime film
>>
Why was it so drab?
>>
>>81177780
>being this much of a newfag
>>
>>81177593
I don't get why they did what they did with the plot.. they could have followed the first volume of the manga scene by fucking scene and it could have been incredible. There would have been much more action, much more interesting things happening, and the puppeteer merging with major should have happened. What they did was fuckin lame and boring, there were parts I wanted to fall asleep. Felt half assed almost.
>>
movie was good....not great...but good
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
Watched it. Loved it

Went back and watched the anime, which I never watch, then watched Akira after which I loved. I thought Akira was a neo noir mystery thriller involving biker gangs before I watched it. I know the scripts floating round Hollywood somewhere but I hope it gets made.

Why cant anime autists just be happy that their art form is reaching a wider audience?
>>
>>81196815
the fuck are you talking about have you even seen the original?
>>
>>81197166
mainly because its a bummer to see something you like to get dumbed down by hollywood execs to appeal to a larger demographic
>>
File: grab_by_cat_ears_and_koukaku.png (884KB, 500x845px) Image search: [Google]
grab_by_cat_ears_and_koukaku.png
884KB, 500x845px
>>81182832
Fixed that for you
>>
File: nLUQSFX.jpg (64KB, 1009x1192px) Image search: [Google]
nLUQSFX.jpg
64KB, 1009x1192px
>>81193855
>>81177569

I mean, she's definitely a step up from Scarjo but, would a different casting choice for Major really have saved this movie?

Most of the reviews seem to agree that Scarjo was just "alright" and everything else about the movie doesn't live up to the source material
>>
>>81197278
It was dumbed down but not that much. As a standalone film its fine and why dont you want more people to be exposed to your favourite genre? People gotta get into it somehow.
>>
How bullets does that revolver hold
>>
>>81197409
>>
>>81177258
>weebs getting triggered

nothing new
>>
>>81197166
Because you want it to be done good and be something great. They're doing metal gear soon too, my favorite series ever. So I'm pretty excited but at the same time bracing for disappointment because I know it's more than likely they won't do the characters justice.
>>
>>81197378
>why dont you want more people to be exposed to your favourite genre?
why would you?
>>
>>81177258
>>The art direction sucked
It was good, though?
>>
>>81197373
it would not
you could have had a japanese woman actually named motoko kusanagi play that role and the movie still would have sucked.

NINE
TEEN
MILL
ION
>>
>>81197409
kek i noticed that too. Shame cos it was a cool scene. The gun fights in this film were actually really good with some of the best gun sound effects Ive heard. Should have been an 18.

>>81197478
because half the joy of loving something is sharing it with other people
>>
>>81197524
>because half the joy of loving something is sharing it with other people
fag
>>
-music was surprisingly good
-choreography is all over the place--Goes from really good chase scene to laughably bad (that strip club scene where she "dances" around the pole)
-writing is pretty bad and inconsistent plot
-visuals were cool but could've been used in a more purposeful way
-ScarJo looked like she tried her best
-Takeshi Kitano was the best part of the movie

6/10 entertaining but feels like a generic Hollywood action movie trying too hard to be deep--gives me the same vibe as "Lucy". GITS probably deserved a more intelligent director.
>>
>>81194550
/OURGUY/
>>
>>81179174
indeed its not ghost in the shell but actually Assault Force Shell
>>
>>81197378
youre switching from speaking about film adaptations in general to speaking about this particular film and vice versa.

particularly I didnt think this one got dumbed down, they did change some themes (one could be considered to be THE central theme).

streamlining or simplificating things you already like as they are might not appeal to everyone, I think this is quite easy to understand
>>
>>81183647
You are pathetic.
>>
>>81196984
Seriously why didn't they just go by the manga? It's much better and more exciting.
>>
One weird thing is that they copied a lot of "iconic" scenes from the original movie, like the fight in the water, but they looked more impressive to me in the original, I think it's because they were hand-drawn, it was impressive how well they were drawn. Here, a fight with invisible Motoko in the water is just a CGI fight, there's probably some work that went into it but I can't appreciate it in a way I can appreciate good animation.
>>
>>81179333
>in that some studio exec tossed a writer a copy of the first GITS graphic novel
doesnt have nothing from the mangas the anime movie was already a bastardizing of the comic.
>>
>>81194550
I can't believe Huahua media's sending shills here
>>
>>81191113
Only right choice.
>>
>>81197761
literally just better directing. Just compare the two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WAoLiKHtnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90OX7x7KeVE
>>
Just home from this movie, it was extremely mediocre. For everything it had going for it, it had just as many flaws. There's no reason to watch it over the original
>>
>>81198098
I'm not sure I see it. The music makes a lot of difference, though. The original music is detached, serene. The Major isn't really in any danger, anyway. In the remake it becomes dramatic when she reveals herself for some reason and is more "action-y", in spite of the fact that she's completely outclassing that guy.
>>
of course cuckchan loves this movie kek
>>
>>81198248
>>>reddit
>>
>>81191255
So you basically reenacted the movie
>>
>>81177258
this nigga knows what's up
>>
seriously though PG-13 """action""" movies need to be stopped

nothing makes my dick shrink as fast as a gunfight scene with zero blood
>>
Can we agree that a huge reason for the flop is the unimaginative advertisements? It wasn't enough to make non anime fans curious. It just presented itself as a generic sci Fi flick.

Every successful motion picture of this decade starts with the hype, and without a decent trailer you're out of the running from the starting line
>>
>>81198289
>if you don't love this jewish movie you're from reddit
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>81198248
/film/ here, reddi/tv/ 2.0
it's better than the cartoon :^)
>>
>>81198368
>It just presented itself as a generic sci Fi flick.
Well it kind of was, which is quite a bummer.
>>
>>81198402
Not him. How Jewy is this movie? I haven't seen it yet.

I know, for no reason whatsoever, they have The Majew fuck the one black prostitute in existence in Tokyo. Does it get worse than that?
>>
The rating system needs to get scrapped. With all the general criticism it gets I can't believe it's still around in the form it's in.

Although I'm surprised studios are still afraid to go into more adult oriented directions even after the success of Deadpool. I'm not gonna compare an anime adaptation and a marvel character and say they're EXACTLY the same, but there's no way they can expect success in their domestic market with this cookie cutter shit
>>
>>81177302
Hollywood Accounting.

Hollywood executives need to produce something so they can have access to their yearly tax deductions and credits.

They need to fund their lifestyle somehow, you know.

Also, nothing more cancerous than normalfag Hollywood executives trying to become weeaboo.

They should just fuck off and remain in western fiction
>>
>>81198368
The 10 second teaser trailers were better than the full two and a half minute ads, because they were moody, dark, and mysterious. The full-service ads read: "Generic scifi flick with feminism". People who knew nothing about the original anime would read this on the same level as Jupiter Rising and avoid it.
>>
>>81198479
>made by hollywood
>a jewess plays the major
thats about it really. it was garbage.
>>
File: 1379977233665.jpg (11KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1379977233665.jpg
11KB, 265x265px
In 10 years from now, GitS will be praised as a cult phenomenon like Blade Runner, just as both movies were badly received by everyone from movie critics to public.
>>
>>81198639
Blade Runner was original. This movie isn't.
>>
i saw it earlier today and thought it was pretty decent considering how bad these kinds of movies usually are.
>>
>>81198639
I feel like I need to watch Gits again but I don't know. I found the whole dynamic with the past cyborgs kind of lame, wish they would have followed the manga instead.
>>
>>81198638
Yeah, they're definitely on this whole "cast Jews as heroes" kick lately.
>>
File: 8.jpg (67KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
67KB, 546x700px
>>81198248

don't you have some women to send death threats to?
>>
File: IMG_3891.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3891.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>>81188161

God I can just see the fat, sad, socially/physically unaware rhinoceros of a person you are seeping through the computer screen in this post.

The muggy, putrid air of a space that hasn't had a window opened in it for years, the floor littered with various assortments of flavored chip bags and emptied soda containers, the sweat of a triggered unemployed nerd becoming more pungent as a differing opinion catches their limited line of sight.

It stains your shirt (assuming you're wearing one) the way it stains your soul, perpetually radiating an undesirable stench of pretention and pathetic, alerting other around you of the social poison you are, natures subconscious warning to potential victims to stray far away.

How does still manages to end up like you is a mystery I don't think humanity has enough time to truly, fully understand and appreciate on the "deeper", "Ghost in the Shell" level philosophical manner.
>>
>>81198639
its not a good comparison since Blade Runner wasnt based on a critically acclaimed animated movie based on a cult comic book.
>>
>>81177888
But Ghost In The Shell is shit, Appleseed and Dominion are much better mangas. GiTS is just Shirow starting to go full "Horsecocks and Oil"
>>
>>81198962
>implying i go on cripchan
>implying milo isn't reddit or cuck/pol/
kys senpai
>>
Why did she have to walk like she has a stick up her ass? Make her walk like a Milan model for fuck sakes. It looked dumb.
>>
>>81199107
good boy! here, have a sunflower seed, you cute little parrot
>>
File: dawdad.png (462KB, 774x579px) Image search: [Google]
dawdad.png
462KB, 774x579px
so i shouldn't even bother
>>
>>81199267
For all its flaws it's still with watching
>>
Honestly the movie was fine. Wasn't great but i mean was anyone really expecting greatness?

My only real complaint is the pacing at the start of the film was pretty wacky. Just cutting from one scene to the next with little to no context at all. Was just really fast paced which felt awkward. It stopped doing that after a while though and the rest was fine.
>>
>>81199267
not with a cam
>>
>>81199267
The best parts were some city visuals and you probably don't want to watch a camrip of that.
>>
>>81177258
I want to rim Scarlett Johansson, and drink her piss
>>
>>81199258
Say the virgin weeb
>>
>>81199267
the best part of the movie is the visuals, theyre perfect, wait for dvd or just go see it watchig a camrip is pointless, its not on par story wise it was dumbed down to hell but the cinematography was spot on
>>
>>81177258
>see ad for this
>looks like boring re hashed sci fi shit
>the end

i assume that happened to 90% of america
>>
correct me if im wrong but the ads were as follows

>they didnt save you
>they stole your life

and then basically nothing about the plot
>>
>>81199671
that's where the producers failed from a commercial standpoint regardless of the actual quality of the movie
>>
>>81199729
Did they really reveal the main plot tweest in the ads?

I mean it was kind of obvious anyway, but still.
>>
File: 1490852024427.png (502KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1490852024427.png
502KB, 460x460px
Just got back from seeing a 1:30 show(was pretty much dead in the busiest theater in my city), it was pretty fucking bad. Batou was good, Arimaki and Togusa were alright, all other section 9 characters practically didn't exist. The last 1/3rd was garbage, and the whole "consent" dialogue throughout the movie was forced and awful.

Scarjo was by far the worst part, her dumb fucking face and wooden delivery is compounded by her retarded walk. Best scenes were Arimaki in the car and the garbage man chase. The spider tank was so fucking stupid, with evil buisness man controlling it with cliche computer dialogue like "Spider Tank Online"(what kind of military hardware would be called a "Spider Tank" and not a model number.). Holy shit I'm already forgetting the movie, her Mother shouldn't have even been in it, I could barely understand her and it barely added anything.

People have said it a lot, and it can't be stressed enough, that they should have called her "The Major" when referring to her, calling her "Major" makes it sound like her name is Major and not her title. I'm just going to rewatch SAC 1 and 2 to wash my mouth of this shit.
>>
>>81178455
>a robot was wooden
>>
>>81199817
*Aramaki
>>
>>81178455

i think she captured the way motoko acts in the anime very well. shes a robot so its purposefully wooden
>>
File: 1490346295997.jpg (42KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1490346295997.jpg
42KB, 480x477px
>>81199671
>see ad
>oh great, Scarjo is playing "THAT" character...again!

This movie seriously needed another year or 2 of fleshing out before delivery. Even though the ads look pretty, there was something about the ads that just scream "BLAND"
>>
Anybody else liked the lesbian scene? The whole sequence leading up to it was a good breather for the rest of the movie and it showed how she was exploring who she really was in a unique way
>>
Fatu piggu
>>
File: IMG_4611.jpg (124KB, 613x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4611.jpg
124KB, 613x640px
>>81199000

>those digits
>>
File: 1479742926208.png (32KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1479742926208.png
32KB, 321x322px
>>81177609
Did you screenshot your own posts to parade them around?
>>
File: I-Am-Major.png (435KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
I-Am-Major.png
435KB, 460x460px
>>81200077
I would have liked it, if it was longer and/or had any sexual tension. And that's the problem with the whole movie even. It copies stuff, but makes everything bland and irrelevant. I don't understand where they were going with it.
>>
>>81200937
yes, and I take the trip off so people dont know the narcissistic prick I really am
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.