[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/tv/ tells you a movie is good >it's not Fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: p165776_p_v8_aa.jpg (171KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p165776_p_v8_aa.jpg
171KB, 960x1440px
>/tv/ tells you a movie is good
>it's not

Fucking hell this is the most tedious movie I've ever watched. Explain why I should have liked this.

For context I like Lynch and think Elephant Man, Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are all very good films, but I dislike Eraserhead. Everything else in his catalogue ranges from ok to good.
>>
>>81168586
If you enjoyed Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire should have been right up your alley because of the similar dream/nightmare experience, sorry that you didn't like it.

I don't really see why didn't you like it because I loved Inland Empire for almost all the same reasons I loved Lost Highway/Mulholland Drive.
The only difference is Inland Empire had a smaller budget, but it's 110% David Lynch. An actual film experience.
>>
>>81168586
so Dune is ok but you didn't like Eraserhead or Inland Empire, you fucking troll? Fuck off
>>
I've liked everything Lynch has done so far except Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire, and his music. Also his wacky TM lectures and "methods"
>>
>>81168899
Actually forgot about Dune, that would actually be his worst. I just try to forget it exists.

If I had to rate them Dune would be a 2/10, Eraserhead and Inland Empire would be 4/10
>>
>>81168820
This is what I was expecting and I actually enjoyed the first half or so quite a bit. It was about 10 minutes after the "dream sequence" portion that starts when she's in bed with Justin Theroux that I started to feel the tedium and I never rally got back into it.

I didn't get the plot at all outside of the basics, so maybe that's my fault for not paying attention enough? Though I feel like that isn't too important since this obviously isn't a traditional narrative.
>>
>>81169027
fuck you Dune was great fun

>>81169175
IE was awesome for tying in Rabbits, but honestly I'd rather watch Rabbits than IE
>>
>>81169175
>I didn't get the plot at all outside of the basics, so maybe that's my fault for not paying attention enough?

Nope, all of Lynch films are more like experiences, not puzzles with singular universal answers which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them.
You could see the entirety of Inland Empire like a dream, there is no clear starting point, you just get thrown into other scenes and places just like in dreams. I
I would even say you have to not "pay attention" in a manual overanalyzing sense and just experience it.

You didn't like it or get anyting from it and that's okay, but that alone doesn't make the film bad, you just didn't connect with it.
>>
>>81169320
Dune is just a bunch of faceless characters existing in an endless flurry of exposition that I don't care about. Some of the set design is nice but that movie is the farthest thing from fun.
>>
>>81169375
This is what I figured since I got the same thing out of Lost Highway and to a lesser extent Mulholland Drive
>>
>>81169398
Even Lynch himself thinks that his Dune is a total failure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdNdqBdLf5I
>>
>>81169533
yet he thinks inland empire isn't? clueless old cunt
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.