[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>part of the MCEU >Iron Man >cute black love interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: spiderman1.jpg (205KB, 3360x1404px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman1.jpg
205KB, 3360x1404px
>part of the MCEU
>Iron Man
>cute black love interest
>kinoest homemade suit
>cool villain
>hot Aunt May

Will this be the best Spiderman movie?
>>
>cute
>black
>>
>>81158598
no
>>
>>81158610
back to your shithole, degenerate horsefucker
>>>/mlpol/
>>
>>81158598

Raimi's first two Spidey Mans are still to this day among a handful of superhero movies that can stand up on the merits of genuinely good writing, pacing and directing. A good portion of the rest is just sugary shit.

So far, this looks like the latter. But I'd like for it to be good.
>>
>>81158728
>good writing
>Raimi

Come on. Fun movies, but they had awful writing.
>>
>>81158760

>Raimi
>Writing

The first two movies had 3 (4?) writers and story contributors, one of them being the Pulitzer winning Michael Chabon, who wasn't on the team for the 3rd film. Raimi directed and oversaw the scripts, he didn't pen them. They were well written, and perfectly balanced the cheesiness of superhero schlock with an grounded emotional story to make Peter's fights with his antagonists have a personal undercurrent. He was personally involved with his antagonists outside of their suited-up moments, and his actions constantly weighed on his mind in regards to his dwindling relationship with friends and family. That's a fine balance to achieve that the first two had.
>>
>>81158598
>>part of the MCEU
Nah, the trailer was shit too
>>
>>81158889
How was SM1 or 2 ever grounded in the emotional side of the story?

It was extremely convoluted and most of the actions of the characters make to sense.
>>
>capeshit

Back to your containment board please
>>
>>81158598
no, nothing will surpass spiderman 2

Raimis duology will stand the test of time
>>
Spidey 2 is still the best superhero movie, so no.
>>
File: IMG_6881.jpg (50KB, 432x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6881.jpg
50KB, 432x300px
>>81158598

>not part of the MCEU
>no Robert Downey Jr.
>hot redhead
>based comic accurate suit that Parker made himself that can be worn under his clothing
>best villain
>morale boosting Aunt May (name a better speech than her hero one, I'm waiting)
>>
>>81159004

>SM1

Uncle Ben's death, Peter's guilt, Norman being a shitty father to Harry, etc.

>SM2

The depressing life of juggling the responsibilities of Spider-Man and Peter Parker. Not getting what you want and sacrificing part of your life to help others. Nobility.

Plenty of emotional elements in all three films and the first two aren't convoluted at all.

Give me a character that you think was mishandled or lacked motivation in the story and I'll tell you how you're wrong.
>>
File: Lucky day.jpg (213KB, 736x1121px) Image search: [Google]
Lucky day.jpg
213KB, 736x1121px
>>81158889
Spiderman, when it was first conceived, is all about growing up.. A major subtheme is discordance between Peter's personality as Peter and him as Spiderman.

The first two movies had moments but it was never fleshed out. And these concepts could never be thoroughly captured in movie. I would like a mini-series, say 10-15 episodes, that's simply about Peter getting power, trying to reconcile it, learning to master it, and going about his daily lives by managing school, family, and relationships while preventing small-time crimes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.