[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

flick only turns a profit because chinese people loved it. sequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 14

File: pacific-rim-2-john-boyega.jpg (482KB, 1066x598px) Image search: [Google]
pacific-rim-2-john-boyega.jpg
482KB, 1066x598px
flick only turns a profit because chinese people loved it. sequel gets greenlit because chinese people made the first film profitable. so in order to make sure the chinks won't watch the sequel they cast the sweaty negro that made them ignore force awakens as the lead.

what were they thinking?
>>
>>81157491

There will be enough CG thingamabobs flying about on screen they won't care, they're not going to see people, they're going for special effects.

And what the fuck do you care about China and the dog eating faggots that live there?
>>
>>81157710
He wants his CGI cartoons and if this one fails, he might have to watch transformers and admit he's a pleb.
>>
>>81157710
China will dominate the world once the west is properly SHARIA'D. Better start learning mandarin to properly address your sino masters
>>
>>81157710
>And what the fuck do you care about China and the dog eating faggots that live there?
they are the only reason big budget filmmaking still exists
>>
>>81157491
Hollywood's new policy: always cast niggers as leads
>>
>>81157491
Blacks are the biggest movie goers today in America so they're hoping the nigger will attract the american audience and get the domestic market while hopefully the chinks will ignore it and watch it.
>>
>>81157823

Maybe that way you might finally find your dad
>>
I thought the chinese weren't allowed to see movies with monsters
>>
>>81157879
SHUT UP!
>>
>>81157491
The fat blob that made it is an insufferable liberal, I don't think he cares if it makes money or not.

Just gotta push that propaganda.
>>
>>81157873
Bullshit. over 30 percent of goers are still white, most being women and then around 25 percent is Hispanics with 20-22 percent being blacks.
>>
>>81157491
theyll probably make him super goofy, asians love the super goofy black man, just look at the gods must be crazy
>>
>>81157916
wrong, faggot. the chinese are not allowed to see films with MAGIC/OCCULTISM or films that promote superstition. they also banned time travel flicks after some kids killed themselves trying to travel back in time to ancient china.
>>
>No GDT

Literally what's the point?
>>
>>81158685
yeah, no:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWSlERaN7UQ
>>
>>81158836
no GDT is the point. like maybe the flick will be good this time? that fat wetback piece of shit should have become a production designer instead of a writer-director.
>>
>>81158852
based china
>>
Subhuman Americucks and their pathetic entertainment industry on a suicide watch
>>
>>81157491
Did people actually enjoy this piece of garbage?
>>
>>81159815
only plebs did, so majority of /tv/ does
>>
>All these poltards triggered by Guillermo del Toro Mechakino

REEE indeed.
>>
Who actually likes seeing a nigger on screen?

Does anyone ever go "shit that's John Boyega my man who always delivers" when they see him?

Even the SJWs who whine endlessly about niggers don't even care who the actual nigger is so long as the skin is dark enough.

It just seems like such a waste of a leading role.
>>
File: 1335993856447.png (120KB, 434x400px) Image search: [Google]
1335993856447.png
120KB, 434x400px
>>81157491
>implying they aren't fucking with them because they know they'll still watch it
>>
>>81157491
ignorant goy

jews don't make money by giving people what they want

they make money by giving people what the jews want
>>
>>81159914
I don't care either way desu. Just gimme robutts.

>It just seems like such a waste of a leading role.
So just like the first one?
>>
Edit him out and replace him with CGI Appleseed girl.
>>
Pacific Rim didn't turn a profit though. It barely broke even when not factoring in advertising.

Why are they making a sequel? Because this is Hollywood, they make sequels to decade old movies that no one asked for.
>>
>>81157879
Shiet nigga, dat was cold.
>>
The Star Wars faggots are going to watch it because he's in it.

No need for chinks now, they've got fat nerds instead.
>>
>>81157491
>Millenium falcon scene
>nigger hits something with the turret
>WOOOOO DID YOU SEE DAT I SHOOTED DAT MOFUGGA
>cringe so hard I nearly fuse with my seat

Yeah I don't really see the appeal either
>>
>>81157491
well I hope the movie delivers and he fucks Mako or some new white girl.
>>
>>81160300
Really? Thats the part that makes you cringe? Not the nonsense that dominated the screen for the past 30 minutes vefore that?
>>
>>81158786
So Doctor strange didn't get a screening in China?
>>
>>81160300
Two minutes ago, he was mourning the death of his comrades

But who am I doubt the excellence of Disney flicks.
>>
File: asian mew.gif (990KB, 245x337px) Image search: [Google]
asian mew.gif
990KB, 245x337px
>>81157491
Wait, so the main characters from the previous movie aren't returning? Fucking outrageous.
>>
File: good grief.jpg (122KB, 739x707px) Image search: [Google]
good grief.jpg
122KB, 739x707px
>>81159914
>Who actually likes seeing a nigger on screen?
There are a lot of black actors I enjoy, like Samuel L. Jakson, Will Smith, Danny Glover, Idris Elba and tons of others. I don't see the appeal of Boyega though, he's just bland and boring.
>>
>>81161465
Mako is rumored to make a cameo or something.
>>
>>81159905
Pacific Rim was the Marvel movies of mechs though.
>>
>>81157491
He has been chosen

He is legally required to be offered every leading male role in Hollywood and may choose which he takes up.
>>
>>81161520
>doesn't like Boyenga

Wow racist
>>
>>81161683
This the crooked nose mouse has him on tape molesting kids now.
>>
>>81161465

i think mako is making a cameo and raleigh is the only one missing. the rest are returning i think.

i really loved the first one but im not really interested in a sequel, the first one wrapped up well and fine. i'm not sure the point in a sequel without any of the players from the first movie.
>>
Remember when you guys said that TFA would underperform(by star wars standards) because of the black lead?
>>
>>81158786
>wrong, faggot. the chinese are not allowed to see films with MAGIC/OCCULTISM or films that promote superstition
There's plenty of that in their wuxia and xianxia shit.
>>
>>81161782
Fucking hell that image got me
>>
>>81161782

i cant believe this movie made nearly 1 billion at the domestic BO alone

what the fuck is it with star wars?
>>
>>81161782
It did.
>>
>>81158786
>some kids killed themselves trying to travel back in time to ancient china.
what
>>
>>81157491
of all the niggers in Hollywood, they just had to cast this funny looking ape

what, does Will Smith hate money nowadays?
>>
>>81161943

fans had been waiting for an Episode VII ever since the early 90's, it's no surprise it made 1 billion.

I'm curious to see how much will episode VIII will make after TFA turned off a lot of the old fanbase.
>>
>>81162145
>what, does Will Smith hate money nowadays?
No, he just demands that they include his son into the movies with him. Which is why he wasn't in Independence Day 2.
>>
>>81162145
Will Smith is an old man and used all his favors getting his son a career
>>
>>81158650
..... Anon. Reread what you've said and then look at the demographic make up of the US
>>
>>81157491
I'm not racist, but a negro in the main role of a SW movie is ridiculous. Hollywood should've been and stayed white as a final attempt of western civilization making something resembling culture in this century. I never understood this: do you seriously think that a person watching a movie in Seoul or Moscow gives a shit about seeing a black dude on the screen?
Do you think someone based in Shanghai, Rio de Janeiro or hell, Munich or Madrid wants to watch a movie with a black guy in the main role. We only see black people on the screen or in dangerous parts of cities we usually avoid. I understand they put some nigger in a smaller role to get that +1.5% profit increase from blacks who'd watch it because of that reason alone, but a main role? No fellas, this is beyond profit. Pure attempt of destroying the white civilization.
>>
File: 1470949236376.jpg (59KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
1470949236376.jpg
59KB, 500x346px
>>81161757

A lot of giant monster movies have casts that had nothing to do with the last movie, but Pacific Rim had a bigger focus on the pilots' story so it is going to be weird to suddenly have a new pilot as the main character.
>>
>>81162489
>tfw we could have gotten pic related but instead we got a negro
just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>81161782
>>81161943

VII made a billion because of Mark, Harrison, and Carrie

No one was interested in Sanitation Trooper or Rey
>>
>>81162557
Eh, not really. Nobody gave two shits about Raleigh and his story arc was concluded halfway trough the film. It was more about Mako anyway and after Pentecost died her character felt finalized too.
>>
>>81162601
EU was hot garbage.
>>
>>81162728
This isn't from the EU, it's early concept art for episode 7 where Finn was white.
>>
>>81162601
>>81162751
Thought she looked a bit too much like Rey
>>
>>81162601
>>81162751
And Jesse Plemmons was supposed to play Finn
>Oy vey not diverse enough! Find me someone who looks like he just strolled out of a congolese jungle!
>>
>>81157491
I loved PR1. Visually stunning despite a weak cast.
>>
>>81157710
>And what the fuck do you care about China and the dog eating faggots that live there?
Warcraft the movie was successful because of China alone.

Pacific Rim was the same.

As well as plenty of others.

It went to the point where you can see literal pandering to them in some movies.

If you're in movie industry you care a lot about them, especially since the west, as in North America and Europe are becoming less relevant box office wise.

Now imagine this, if between 1930's and 1960's westerns were the dominant movie genre, partially because they pandered to the biggest movie consumers back then(Americans) what genre will Chinks promote in its place? I don't know and I don't care that much, but while 1/10 of old westerns is KINO, I seriously doubt that 1/100 chinskterns will. Thought capeshit flood is bad? You haven't seen real bad yet.
>>
>>81161757
Same. Loved the 1st, 2nd isn't needed and already looks like a turd.
>>
>>81162906
The tard from Breaking Bad? Fucking hell.
>>
>>81158786
>kids killed themselves trying to travel back in time to ancient china.

do we know for sure if they are "dead?" what if their minds transcended time while their physical bodies remained
>>
>>81157491

>giant robots fighting giant monsters

This is better than 99% of what (((Hollywood))) puts out. Robotshit > Capeshit
>>
>>81160300

>waste the motherfuckers! waste 'em!

Walked out of the cinema right there.
>>
>>81163454
I want that exact face when boyega sees rey naked ass in the sequels
>>
>>81163937
delete this
>>
File: arewedointhis[1].png (83KB, 814x344px) Image search: [Google]
arewedointhis[1].png
83KB, 814x344px
>>81160300

>Holy sh- We got a Star War coming....
Sent shivers down my spine desu
>>
>>81157491
Problem is he is not good looking as there are many more better looking black guys in hollywood. The guy who played Lando in the original star wars was decent looking and had a nice voice. I thought Star Wars always had good looking people to play as leads.
>>
>>81161520
>I don't see the appeal of Boyega though

I hated the casting of him in TFA, but I actually thought he did a good job
>>
File: ff.jpg (772KB, 1740x1088px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
772KB, 1740x1088px
>>81157710
Dog eating faggots are better than subhuman pavement apes Tyrone.
>>
I agree with Mace Windu that too many african-american british are being cast.

Finn the Sanitation Trooper was the token black like in Ghostbusters or Power Rangers.

Boyega's presence along the Expanded Universe-tier name "The Force Awakens" is why I view Disney Star Wars as the New Expanded Universe in my own personal canon.
>>
>>81157782
>china
>not collapsing after Trump institutes protectionist policies

It's only a mtter of time.
>>
>>81161520
>Jackson
same character every movie
>Smith
pretty much the same
>Danny Glover
good
>Elba
meme
>>
File: 1490922246220.jpg (469KB, 1000x1375px) Image search: [Google]
1490922246220.jpg
469KB, 1000x1375px
>>81157491
China didn't like episode 7 because it's literally just a "dude 'member?" movie and China never got the original star wars in theaters. That nostalgia is lost, and TFA is shit without the nostalgia.
>>
>>81157491
Are Idris Elba and Charlie Day returning?
This is important.
>>
>>81161655
Is there a modern mecha flick industry? Outside of anime I mean.
>>
>>81166951
To be fair they didn't even like the original films either.
They were only shown there pretty recently and I guess maybe they thought they didn't age well, coupled with the fact that the prequels were shown there when they were released.
>>
>>81162989
I agree you can see pandering. Look at that Asian chick in Kong Skull island. The bitch did literally nothing but be Chinese. She's only there for the chink market.

But that said movies like TFA only made like twice in China than they did in Australia despite the extreme difference in population density.

Pacific Rim wasn't a success though and I read the executive who greenlit this sequel has since been fired by Legendary Entertainment.
>>
>>81166297
Those aren't great examples.

The black in Ghostbusters was originally supposed to be Eddie Murphy and the film was supposed to start with him being hired. His reduced roll was a byproduct of the script being reworked not token casting.

I can't remember the tv show but the niggeRanger was no more token than the chink or the spic in the new movie
>>
>>81157491

Idris Alba you utter imbecile?
>>
>>81157491
Boyega is shit but he didn't make Star Wars unpopular in China. It's never been popular there. The original trilogy wasn't even shown on China
>>
>>81162489
>Rio and Madrid

Blacker than Detroit
>>
>>81157491

Man, this was such a stunt casting. It was not too long after FA that it was announced, and they just had to make him Stacker's son, despite the fact that Stacker having bio kids and not just having adopted Mako really fucks up his character. It's like "Hey, this movie had a black guy, and there's this other black guy in a popular movie, let's cast this popular movie black guy as the son of the robot movie black guy even if it makes no sense."
>>
>>81157491
>black guy in first movie dies
>they replace him with his son in the second movie
>t./pol makes a thread complaining on /tv/
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.