[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /tv/'s thoughts on this kino? Why were the Soviets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: come and see.jpg (160KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
come and see.jpg
160KB, 1000x1500px
What are /tv/'s thoughts on this kino?

Why were the Soviets capable of creating such spiritual films, despite the heavy propaganda/censorship?
>>
>>81155941
Definitely propaganda but nothing new. Memes aside, we all know bad Shit went down in WWII.
That said, Come and See is the type of film to leave you shell-shocked after a viewing. It's more horrifying than most horror films because it shows atrocities that can and did happen. Furthermore, the protagonist's transition from eager young boy, to pseudo hardened soldier, to a desiccated husk of a human is so gutwrenching to watch because it's played so clearly in his appearance. Watching him age twenty years in like three days is harsh.

If you can ignore the obvious propaganda qualities, there aren't many finer films that portray war in all its hellishness
>>
>>81155941
>>81156768
But there are few opportunities for memery so I'd give it a 4/10 overall.
>>
>>81156768
This

All they did was tell a true story
>>
>>81155941
How is america able to make such quality films when everything has to be bland and make money?
>>
File: come and see baby hitler.jpg (79KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
come and see baby hitler.jpg
79KB, 720x544px
Baby hitler is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>81155941
>kino

stop. if you want to post like a retard fuck off to reddit.
>>
criterion when??
>>
>>81155941
I thought it was boring and mediocre, full of clichés and overrated as fuck.
>>
>>81155941
better than Schindler´s list
>>
>>81155941
It's fucking trash made to appeal to hipsters who think it makes them get the PTSD of war or some sort of bullshit like that.

In reality it's played like a gore comedy and I laughed frequently at how ridiculous everything was.
>>
>>81157816
Have you actually seen this movie? There's no gore at all.
>>
>>81158547
There's lots of death and killing, anyway, that's not my point. I'm saying it has massive issues in tone.
>>
>>81159132
>There's lots of death and killing, anyway
Yeah it's a film about a massacre
>>
>>81157816
>made to appeal to hipsters

Yeah, all those Belorussian hipsters in the 1980's
>>
>>81155941
>despite the heavy propaganda/censorship?
What propaganda and censorship? The USA propaganda and censorship that made you think of the Russians as literal demons from hell?
>>
>>81155941
>Why were the Soviets capable of creating such spiritual films, despite the heavy propaganda/censorship
because communism is a fuel to the human spirit, instead of seeking material banalities, their people found superior ways to become fufilled.
>>
>>81155941

Censorship has to have a purpose, in the Soviets' case that was making sure people didn't question their system. Films about how awful a war was or abstract stuff like Tarkovsky don't do that.
>>
>>81156768
you are 97% right anon
>>
>>81159785
>because communism is a fuel to the human spirit,
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.