[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am i autistic if i want to look and act like the guys in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hacksawridge-01.jpg (35KB, 640x267px) Image search: [Google]
hacksawridge-01.jpg
35KB, 640x267px
am i autistic if i want to look and act like the guys in world war 2 films?
>>
>>81150137
Yes.

But it could be worse. There aren't many strong male role models on TV today. A strong man, can't just be strong and brave, it can't be sincere. It's got to be a nod at action heroes, a little inside joke, look how over the top this is wink wink. It's like it can only be done sincerely if it's CLEAR THAT ITS IN THE PAST AND THESE SHOWS OF TOXIC MASCULINITY WOULDN'T BE OK TODAY BUT IT'S THE PAST SO IT'S FINE.

God forbid we show a strong male figure who fights for his mates and country, is honorable and brave in the face of adversity and wants to come home to his highschool sweetheart back home.

Sounds pretty sexist to me.

This is a trash thread but it touches on a subject worth talking about.
>>
>>81150137
No, it's completely natural to want to emulate your father figure, and for me that grew up without one the soldiers in those movies are the replacement.
>>
>>81150249
I think that 4chan is just as complicit in the propagation of the idea of "toxic masculinity." Chad is still very much a derogatory term here and it doesn't stem solely from tumblrite nu-male hipster faggots trying to level a playing field they have no business on, it also stems from the identity of victim-hood that a lot of 4channers use to justify their social retardation.
>>
>>81150507

Funny that when I think of "toxic masculinity" Sinatra pops in my mind for example. When someone is so far over the other side that their behavior becomes some form of narcisist ideology that they only care about themself and have very loose morals.
On the other side I kind of respect that kind of a person because it's a whole lot of different kind of life.
>>
>>81150137
As long as you don't try to talk with an accent because you saw the Boston/Bronx/Queens soldier do it, nah
>>
>>81150507
That's not just here. "Toxic masculinity" becomes stupid because there is no unity in masculinity. This is why the idea of the patriarchy is idiotic because there isn't a group of men helping each other control little - its a contest between everyone.

On 4chan and everywhere else you are constantly mocked or made to feel insecure as a man. You're too short, you're too tall, you're balding, you have a small dick, your wrists are too small, you're too think, you don't have enough muscle.

There is absolutely no unity between men, so the people that are in control if they are men or not says nothing about masculinity, and everything about power.
>>
File: billybatts.png (156KB, 347x391px) Image search: [Google]
billybatts.png
156KB, 347x391px
>>81150727
I guess it just depends on your point of view, though. I mean, you can say that there's no unity between you, me, and the rest of the faggots that keep coming here every day even though we all hate kind of hate each other, but me, I'd just say all we're all just breakin' each others' balls and you're over here gettin' fuckin' fresh.
>>
>>81150507

'Chad' is only a term used by beta males and /whine9k/ virgins.
>>
>>81150137
I dunno. The Nazi characters like in Longest Day, They Were Actors and the Great Escape seem pretty cool and dignified.
>>
>>81151134
I think in that case he'd be Auschwitztic.
>>
>>81150727
you're too think
>>
>>81150137
You're yearning for a time when men's roles in society were more definite and clearly defined. WW2 was the last war with cartoonishly "evil" bad guys and, as such, unimpeachably morally upright heroes.
Same reason a lotta reactionaries freak out about the sexual revolution when it offers a shit ton more access to sex, or freak out about women in the workplace when them being there means men no longer have to pay for their shit. It's a generational anxiety that your gender is becoming obsolete, so you look for a time when you would have been guaranteed a meaningful place in society.
Worth remembering that most vets die in combat or blow their heads off years later after decades of constant misery. Murdering kids in service of the rich isn't a great path to being a successful honourable chad, but recruiters sure want you to think so. Better you getting torn to shreds than them.
By the way, the way to circumvent this and be happy is to fuck. Sex proves your masculinity, gives you a purpose in life, and once you get good at it, brings happiness to a world in need of it. Let the losers kill each other over wars they don't understand while you fuck everyone in sight, history will look on one of you fondly
"I'm a lover, not a fighter"- Alfalfa, The Little Rascals (1994)
>>
>>81152753
>Same reason a lotta reactionaries freak out about the sexual revolution when it offers a shit ton more access to sex, or freak out about women in the workplace when them being there means men no longer have to pay for their shit.

But Millennials are having less sex on average. A few men might be hypersexual because the girls all flock to them, but many men are without stable relationships (if any at all) because of this. The girls are free to all go to the same small percentage of men.

The flip side for no longer having to pay for their shit is that there are less jobs for everyone because the labor market in over-saturated. So not only are many of these men without stable relationships, there is no way they can be independent and even have a life for themselves. Women are also more unhappy than ever by all the data.

The West is in a meaningless black hole.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.