[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally get around to watching this >want to talk about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

File: stranger.png (1MB, 908x972px) Image search: [Google]
stranger.png
1MB, 908x972px
>finally get around to watching this
>want to talk about it here
>/tv/ already considers it overrated garbage

I'm late again. :(
>>
>>81149526
I wouldn't say it's GARBAGE. but it's definitely a tad overrated.
>>
Only the /tv/ being contrarian does. When it was released there was dozens of post about it every day.

What do you want to talk about anon ? what did you think of it?

We are here for you
>>
>>81149526
>>81149564
you just went out of your safe space and realised people have different opinions

but no, that can't be it. everyone is pretending to dislike it! hurrr I wish I could downvote all those people who disagree with me :^)
>>
Eleven is a cute.
>>
It was good but then it became normie core and then the oscars fiasco happened and now it's shit and season two is probably going to garbage due to more SJW pandering.
>>
>>81149564
I just wanted to talk about the atmosphere and how it avoids being kid friendly despite being kid-centric.
>>
Being an oldfag, it was way too heavy on muh '80s nostalgia to actually be immersive for me. The tryharditude was distracting and cheap.
>>
>>81150284
How bad? Like Kung Fury levels of tryhard?
>>
>>81149879
nigger were you here in july last year? do you not remember all the st threads with people harping on about it?
>>
>>81149526
It was good until they showed the monster and it looked like shit.
>>
>>81150324
Yes, and it will be the same when s2 comes out. People still make threads about it, and most of them like it. But you can't possibly accept someone criticizing your stupid show so you have to start a thread with a passive aggressive statement "negating" any different opinion by dismissing it as "contrarian".
>>
Froggo a cute
>>
>>81150549
didnt start the thread. but tv is contrarian, this is simple fact. every time a movie comes out, logan being a good recent example, the threads are filled with nonstop positivity, you mark my fucking words, the instant a good quality rip comes out, /tv/ will turn on it.
>>
Anyone with good taste knows it's overrated as shit, nostalgia bait, but a decent show, 6.5-7/10
Reddit /tv/ will worship it because it's the perfect reddit show
If you want to discuss it you might as well go to reddit because that's what you'll get here
>>
>>81149526

just start the thread about eleven and not the show and a friendly discussion will follow.
>>
File: Jonathan_Byers.jpg (1012KB, 725x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Jonathan_Byers.jpg
1012KB, 725x1074px
This fucker got friendzoned hard!
>>
People like Stranger Things because it reminds them of a handful of '80s movies and not because the actual show is good or the story is good. There is nothing original or good about the story and several character and elements of the show are outright cringe. And it suffers from the same pitfalls of all episodic television: filler episodes, side arcs that no one cares about, shit '90s-tier CGI, blowing their narrative wad in season 1 and having no where to go because they never conceived of a season 2 or beyond, etc, etc, etc...
>>
shit 80s nostalgia for faggots that were not even alive to experience it firsthand

burn it all
>>
It's an 8 hour long version of E.T.mixed some anime called Elfen Lied but worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2wy3Nx616A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6_cRpZTaW4
>>
>>81150712

He was always in the friendzone, what don't you fucking understand
>>
>>81149927
>SJW pandering
??????
>>
>>81150743

that just looks like edgy weeb trash though
>>
File: 1490935767646.jpg (25KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490935767646.jpg
25KB, 720x960px
I liked it and I'd be excited for S2 if Netflix wasn't still producing it. I'm worried they'll shill the diversity shit they've had in their vagina the past few years like >>81149927 said.
Fucking kikes need to meet a guillotine.

I didn't like the design for the monster, I think they should've also made it a costume instead of CGI because the CGI was bad once it was in full light and the design wasn't good enough to justify crippling the scene with bad CGI to show it.

I think the synth track is good but it's annoying to me because of the feeling that they're trying to imply that's how synth sounded back in the 80s? I'm also not a fan of all the neo-80s jerking off going on lately.

>>81150743
If they had copied Elfen Lied more I think it would have been way better. Make Eleven fucking rip someone's head off their shoulders and show they they clearly don't understand the concepts of morality due to be a fucking government experiment all their life with the only contact they've had with people being severely traumatic.

>>81150792
It's THE edgy weeb trash, possibly the edgiest in existence. I'd highly recommend it just for that.
>>
>>81150814
>I think the synth track is good but it's annoying to me because of the feeling that they're trying to imply that's how synth sounded back in the 80s? I'm also not a fan of all the neo-80s jerking off going on lately.

Amen. le neo '80s is the new steampunk. Enough is fucking enough, let it go. It all sounds the same.
>>
>>81150743

Elfen Lied is maximum animu edge with no self-awareness what so ever.
>>
>>81150814
>but it's annoying to me because of the feeling that they're trying to imply that's how synth sounded back in the 80s
Kek this. Do people really think shit from the early to mid '80s sounded like 32 track digi-synth produced in $1000 software on a $2000 computer?
>>
>>81150866

Analog synths matured and reached their peak in the early 80s. It's absolutely possible to recreate the score of ST on analog. I've heard much more impressive music from artists who specially in analog.
>>
File: A wild Invess appeared.png (903KB, 744x720px) Image search: [Google]
A wild Invess appeared.png
903KB, 744x720px
>amurrica ripping off nipponland again
>>
>>81150792
That's giving it a compliment because it looks way worse. But I remember hearing about that anime and when I saw Stranger Things it reminded me of it.

Even the directors acknowledge it.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/duffer-brothers-talk-stranger-things-916180

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/02/16-1/stranger-things-creators-discuss-elfen-lied-anime-inspiration

>But then weirdly it’s like, I haven't seen it for a long time. More recently I had seen an anime called Elfen Lied that is clearly inspired by Akira. And that was really influential. When I watched it I thought it felt like an ultraviolent E.T. There were a lot of things in there that I really liked and that made their way into the show, particularly related to the character of Eleven.
>>
What annoys me about the new '80s craze is that it is never good. It's a caricature of a zerox of a fax of a copy. No one has the balls to actually emulate a real film from that era. It's always super contemporary techniques with a dash of homage or a dash of nostalgia. No one has the courage to take it there 100%. Source: I was born in '77 and grew up on '80s movies. I am also a music composer and filmmaker.
>>
>>81150839
>lately
lately? this shit started in '11 with drive and its just been ramping up since.
>>
>>81150898
It's possible to recreate it, yes. But no one ever does. They just shit out some cold, digital garbage that has been overproduced. That was the point I was making and you just agreed with me.
>>
>>81150898
That may be true but it certainly wasn't in the style of the movie.
Shit sounded like this well up into the late 80s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_brY_9ME8iE

Which I think would've been a better style all together too, honestly. Sounds more lively.
>>
Real '80s soundtrack coming thru. Outta the way shits.

https://youtu.be/xOHpXiDFlbA
>>
>>81150814
>Make Eleven fucking rip someone's head off
That... That actually sounds cool, it could've been a really fucked up dramatic moment where everyone realises, oh shit, this is NOT a normal girl. Then the boys have to teach her why murder is bad and it'd be great.
>>
>>81150995
You really should watch Elfen Lied, it's possibly one of the sickeningly goriest anime as well as the edgiest. Seeing that kind of shit in mainstream media would kick up so much angry soccer-mom pusspuss it'd make people freaking out about Columbine and DOOM look comically irrelevant.
>>
>>81150976
What do you think of contemp synthwave? Like MOON and SURVIVE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-DW6HHH5E
>>
>>81150995

>Make Eleven fucking rip someone's head off

That shit only works in animation. It would look horrible in life action.
>>
>>81150944
>synthwave
>stupid clothes
>neon lighting
>Guys it's the 80s, trust me!
Further goes to show jj Abrams is a piece of shit with no talent. The guy is devoid of any artistic ability.
>>
>>81151037
I would but I just really don't like most anime. The japs just have a habit of making their characters really strange and alien. Like I tried watching death note and got sick of it in 5 episodes.
>>
File: kruger elysium.gif (921KB, 400x208px) Image search: [Google]
kruger elysium.gif
921KB, 400x208px
>>81151072
>>
>>81151053
>What do you think of contemp synthwave? Like MOON and SURVIVE?
Not anon you are asking, but it's not '80s. It's just some faggots who are nostalgia-ing but not taking it all the way there. All those pretender bands need to fuck off, because they are making Millennials think that is what the '80s really were because they are too lazy to actually watch old movies and listen to old music. They want it spoon fed to them in the form of shitty remakes and homages and the like, which are just contemporary works in an '80s wrapper. It's bullshit.
>>
>>81151053
I've always liked a lot, it's got a really good beat to it which fit really well in Hotline Miami.
I've also always loved shit like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVmcKcTZ4A for some reason.

>>81151100
Death Note is crap, you should always start with babby's first "good" anime and watch Evangelion.
>>
why the 80's in particular? just because 80's kids are the market right now or is that a particularly good decade? will 90's nostalgia be the next big thing next decade?

man cant wait for that frosted tips 2000's nostalgia in 2030.

did any of you actually have frosted tips back then?
>>
>>81151099
Thank you for sharing my frustration. The '80s was not about nerds and neon lights.
>>
>>81151120
This looks so fucking realistic. Holy fuck it might actually be the most realistic looking face blown off scene I've ever seen. And I've fucking seen a sandnigger get his face torn off just like that by a near miss from a tank or something.
>>
>>81151154
That's already happening with Power Rangers movie and Pokemon Go.
>>
>>81151154
>did any of you actually have frosted tips back then?
Yep. Was 21 in 1998.
>>
File: 1490847487396.gif (2MB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
1490847487396.gif
2MB, 500x316px
>>81151154
Yes and yes.

90's nostalgia will drag on because people miss pre-9/11 America way more than the 80s.
>>
>>81151126
well fuck you man, I like the song anon linked.
>unf my precious 80's nobody better fucking get it wrong REEEEEE
your just as bad the comic cunts who got mad their shit suddenly got popular
>>
>>81151193
>Yep
Same here... I'm not exactly ashamed or anything, but kinda disappointed I just followed a trend.
>>
>>81151245
>your just as bad the comic cunts who got mad their shit suddenly got popular
Incorrect. I am just mad that they are not getting it right. Same way the comic cunts are mad that they awesomeness of their comics are getting shit on in the form of watered down popcorn movies. Get it, homo?
>>
>>81151268
>Same here... I'm not exactly ashamed or anything, but kinda disappointed I just followed a trend.
We all do to an extent. Especially young people.
>>
How would you anons have handled the creature? Knowing it can teleport and therefore running isn't a valid option, I mean. You have half an hour to prepare.
>>
>>81151186
What did the sandnigger look like after they put him in the kebabe healing tank?
>>
>>81151676
Tbh, it doesn't seem particularly deadly. Much, much less so than say a tiger, but god is it durable. If I can't call the police or authorities and I'm relying solely on myself, I buy some gasoline, mix it with styrofoam to get a jury rigged napalm mixed, lure it with blood like they did, drench it and set it on fire.
>>
>>81151796

Still won't kill it, but it'll give it something to think about. You probably won't have issues with it after that and you may instill a fear of fire.
>>
>>81150743
>MUH EVOLUTION
>MUH INVISIBLE ARMS
>>
>>81150353
Yep. I blame the CGI though...
>>
>>81151154
>why the 80's in particular?

Before internet and smartphones became a thing. That would fuck up a lot of the plot contrivances.
>>
>>81150353
>>81152295
Post how you think the monster should've looked.
>>
File: wut.jpg (12KB, 290x218px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
12KB, 290x218px
I was wondering, are most people who like this show the ones who lived their childhoods through the 80s or younger ones who like 80s stuff?
>>
>>81152439
i was born in the 90s, i just enjoyed the feeling the show gave me. made me wish my childhood was like theirs, riding around the neighborhood on bikes with my bros. meeting a qt, first kiss, childhood crush, all that jazz.
>>
>>81152439
im just really into synthwave
>>
>>81152942
me too man. i love that shit. post your favorite stuff.
>>
>>81152439
I grew up in the 90s loving stuff like Goonies, Stand By Me, Monster Squad, and shit like that, so this is up my alley.
>>
>>81153002
this may seem a bit basic but i really like gunship

https://youtu.be/Jv1ZN8c4_Gs

https://youtu.be/-nC5TBv3sfU
>>
>>81149526
>/tv/ already considers it overrated garbage

No, "/tv/" does not. Some people don't like it on here, just like some people don't like Rick and Morty.

PROTIP: If anybody uses the word "Reddit" to discredit a show, don't take that person seriously.
>>
So, the scientist/doctor who led Hawkins Lab would definitely have been fired if he'd survived the events of the first season, right? I mean, his job was using a telekinetic girl to spy on the Russians. Instead, he started a chain of events which led to about thirty people being killed, all Americans.
>>
>>81149526

Overrated but not garbage. Definitely gets worse as it goes. Is there any way to get around the inevitable drop in quality after a monster reveal?
>>
>incredibly resourceful and intelligent baddies who are at the same time massively inept at what they do
>completely predictable ending and plot progression
>archetypal monster
>"scary" jump scares

what a shit meme and overrated show
>>
Honestly the show was good, it only suffered from having a happy ending. One of the kids needed to actually die for it to be perfect. Hopefully Winona has to kill her infected son next season, but not easily with gun... something more along the lines of how Will Smith killed his dog in I am Legend.

Also, Harper is the best character and has the best progression, but he really needs to shut the fuck up IRL.
>>
>>81150677
>>81150677
>>81150677
>>81150677
>>81150677
>>
>>81153721

Too late now. None of the kids will be on the chopping block as long as they're making Netflix this kind of money.
>>
>>81150743
I love the scene where she rips the dunce-secretaries head off. Is shit otherwise.
>>
I haven't seen it yet. But that CG looks pretty awful. Better in motion, perhaps?
>>
>>81154678

Not really, but most of the season keeps its appearances brief and to the shadows, which helps.
>>
>>81151186
Elysium had some really cool affects. The 180 shit they did with cameras during some of the fights was cool.
>>
>>81154678
Netflix has been spending too much money on Marvel shit and trying to make series off of singular books.
>>
>>81150002
I'd recommend Super 8 as well then, that's really similar to this

Tbh it calls back to the older kids movies to me, when I was younger I didn't watch much live action, but recently got into kids movies from yesteryear and it's crazy what some movies like the Goonies or Labyrinth got away with. I suppose they didn't rate "threats of violence" or whatever they do now, and so because nobody actually got killed it was okay.

>>81150284
I'm not oldfag enough to remember the 80s but I'd argue it's trying to capture the spirit of the movies back then more than genuinely recreate the era, if that makes sense
>>
>>81151154
I would theorise that the era people are nostalgic for is the one just before the one they were actually a part of, because they get that condensed pop culture without the normalcy of the actual experience of that era. And because TV shows are aimed at the 16-30 crowd, who would be late 80s and 90s, they would have grown up with stuff like ET and Star Wars
>>
>>81151157
For you. You probably just wanted to watch that pimply jock fuck his gf and drink beer the whole time.
>>
>>81150944
>No one has the balls to actually emulate a real film from that era.
Can you describe... how would perfect 80´kino made now should look like? And I mean it sincerely.
>>
hey... heh, this thread didnt turn into a millie thread. would ya look at that
>>
>>81156462

Now you've done it, fuck.
>>
>>81156486
nah im not gonna start posting her, been banned too many times for it.
>>
The entire side plot with Nancy getting laid and him coming back to save the day was fucking pointless. Would have been a much better show without that love triangle plot.
>>
>>81150839
dang ol 00's kids
>>
>>81150712
Not in real life where it counts

She's a skeleton though
>>
It is overrated though. It's good, but not the masterpiece people try to make it out to be. The monster and ending were also lame as hell.
>>
>>81150944
>No one has the courage to take it there

I don't think it's about courage, it's more like why make a 100% 80s movie? It's kinda pointless
>>
I'm worried about a second season, the story ties-in nice, the only doubt is that Will is still seeing weird stuff.

Plus it's been a while already, if they're intending to make the story continue soon after the events of the first season the kids may have already grown too much and it'd be awkward.

>>81150712

He looks like Edward Furlong

I actually thought it was nice that they didn't go with the "asshole boyfriend dies" cliché (The whole show seemed concentrated on avoiding clichés), but it does suck that he gets friendzoned.
>>
>>81158907
he looks like furlong's and jack black's love child
>>
File: 1323644431568.jpg (70KB, 560x437px) Image search: [Google]
1323644431568.jpg
70KB, 560x437px
>>81158954
>>
>>81154773

super 8 and midnight special>>>st
>>
>>81153121
2nd Protip: Only Redditors have a problem with something being described as Reddit.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.