[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Not fat. 2. But muh philosophy. 3. Best scene LOOK! THI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 43

File: PICTAR FROM THE LAST THREAD.jpg (495KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
PICTAR FROM THE LAST THREAD.jpg
495KB, 640x1136px
1. Not fat.

2. But muh philosophy.

3. Best scene LOOK! THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msUF-nAe9uw
>>
>>81143036
As I understand it there is no "best" version of this story, not the manga, anime series or movies so I dont see why everyone is freaking out.

If you want to see a franchise be shat all over go watch Assassin's Creed.

I grew up with the anime movie and honestly is not that great of a masterpiece, just like Akira is not the masterpiece most normies think it is, what im saying is dont get meme'd /tv/ into thinking the anime is the absolute truth.

I will give it a chance, not hype but a bit curious.
>>
The movie was good, don't let anyone else lead you to believe otherwise. You don't have to go see it if you don't want to but it was good.
>>
>>81143124

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSUhVLaxlZc
>>
it was amazing but she is white so 1/10

no more white movies!
>>
File: 1491008524559.png (519KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1491008524559.png
519KB, 950x534px
>THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING! I'M IN CHARGE HERE!
>>
>>81143142
Im asuming you didnt see Assassins Creed, im telling you its even worse than that shit, at least the RE movies has hot bitches and action, this AC movie completely blew it.
>>
What was the deal with the mom saying she saw glimpses of her daughter everywhere on that street? Was that just a mothers loss/sadness until she saw major or where there a bunch of other chicks with motoko's mind out there?
>>
File: 4016302.png (141KB, 1439x864px) Image search: [Google]
4016302.png
141KB, 1439x864px
Fucking hell...
>>
File: 1473132386159.jpg (105KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1473132386159.jpg
105KB, 1080x1349px
I legit really want this movie on blu ray. I wanna know how they pulled off some of the visuals they did.

It's seriously a shame that it's not doing well, reviewers are shitheads and they need to understand that normies don't care if it's not as deep as the original.
>>
>>81143215
Same here. I hope they release an unrated edition
>>
Sometimes all of those people saying the opposite of the popular opinion are actually correct.

You won't regret watching this movie. That is unless you walk in with your mind half made up or obsess over differences of the source material.

Try to enjoy it, and you will.
>>
Weebs and SJWs still hating on this for no good reason?

>muh whitewashing
>>
>>81143212
>casting choices hurt minorities
I get that it's pretty silly a white woman gets to play the main role, but these fucking morons make any argument in this sense a complete joke due to their retarded views.
>>
File: butmuhjill.jpg (1MB, 4064x2704px) Image search: [Google]
butmuhjill.jpg
1MB, 4064x2704px
>>81143192

Muh Sienna.
>>
>>81143212
>An anime character who was originally drawn with White female features is not played by an Asian woman
>>
>>81143209
Mother's sadness.
>>
File: 1481889100915.jpg (52KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1481889100915.jpg
52KB, 500x374px
Okay so the story probably sucks but how's the cinematography? The world looked way too fucking colorful for a GitS movie so please say something other than "muh gorgeous scenery." I'm talking about just normal frame cinematography and editing stuff. Is it just more generic cut every 2 second shit or what?
>>
File: NEGKGYdXACdEKN_1_b.jpg (50KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
NEGKGYdXACdEKN_1_b.jpg
50KB, 600x315px
>Go in expecting over the top Terminator 3 like action
>Get surprised with a decent slower paced origin story with great characters
>>
>>81143280

MAJOR DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A SLOPE.

EVER.

SHE WAS NOT GOING TO BE A NIGRA OR A FUCKING JAV OR A FUCKING TRANSBENDER MUSLIM.

THESE PEOPLE WOULD PROBABLY CAST RINKO KIKUCHI TO PLAY MISATO.
>>
>>81143338
One of the few times in my life I've thought "yknow, I kinda hope they actually make a sequel."
>>
>>81143036
that soundtrack sounds Mass Effect as fuck, and that "scanning" vfx looks like Deux Ex Machina.

Are we finally entering the era of Vidya kino?
>>
>>81143388
The odds of which are currently slim, because of how everyone is so gay and retarded.
>>
>>81143308
>Okay so the story probably sucks but how's the cinematography?
Fucking fantastic. The cameraman really had a good eye to make good use of shadows, when people were looking thru windows he really made good use of the glass being used as a mirror and picking out certain objects to stand out.
>>
>>81143411
yeah, fuck people for not wanting this shit
>>
>>81143036
The visuals look GOAT and /cyb/ as all hell compared to any film before it. However, ScarJo's acting is just...awful.

For fucks sakes, why did they have to choose ScarJo? She can't act worth shit. She's ruining the entire atmosphere of the movie.
>>
>>81143397
>that soundtrack sounds Mass Effect as fuck
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>81143411
Were you the balding, obese, and wheezing black man sitting next to me when I saw this?
>>
>>81143308
>the story probably sucks
It doesn't

>how's the cinematography?
It's not extraordinary but it fits the tone of the movie, if that makes sense.
There is one small part that was strobing electro-baton swinging that would have given me a seizure if it lasted much longer than it did though
>>
>>81143411
Honestly even the flaws people have I think could be fixed easily. Introducing a weird plot about cyborgs in neo-Tokyo is easy in a niche jap anime movie where people expect that and animation suspends disbelief, but no way normies would accept that in an American live action movie, ESPECIALLY not if they start quoting Descartes.

Give them cash to make a sequel and they could go full Innocence or some shit but yeah not gonna happen now.
>>
>>81143411
Fucking critics. What else do they want? quip films over and over? I wanted to like Skull Island but it was so rushed due to it being connected to a cinematic universe that we didnt get any characters to care about
>>
>>81143433
For some (((reason))) she got famous and somehow because she played in capeshit studios now assume that she's bankroll material, therefore casting her is their main priority despite her glaring acting flaws.
>>
>>81143433
>ScarJo's acting is just...awful.

Don't lie on the internet famalam
>>
>>81143308
The cinematography is good enough to make "the simple story" nearly irrelevant and still be a GOOD MOVIE
>>
>>81143036
Not fat, but short and thick. That's a "major" difference *See what I did "she" chose a super hot body to get people to hesitate when shooting.

At this point I think the cultural significance of the originals will die. Whedontards love their tough women. Even if she was a male the entire time to get better reactions.

Pseudopschycology went out the door with the matrix and their shit sequels. Plus half the hopeful fans watched the series before seeing a high profile movie on a beloved franchise.
>>
>>81143480
Nice. That's all I really wanted was an above average movie with some actual skill involved. Might have to give it a shot.
>>
I won't watch it, I'm sure it's not offensively bad, just perfectly bland and mediocre like I imagine the Total Recall remake to be. From the few scenes I've seen, it looks like soulless, visionless trash that just try hard to re-create scenes from Oshii's film. It's fanboy wank. It looks off, too much CGI, etc. whereas the animated film was undeniably unique looking. You can tell this director has respect for the material but no ideas of his own. Whereas when I see Matrix, which was derivative and had all these similar influences, I can tell it's still unique and driven by a real vision from the filmmakers. Having said that, the material is so strong aesthetically, that even poorly ripping off scenes from it put it above the average Hollywood blockbuster in terms of world building, production value, set design, etc. It does look colorful and atmospheric without being tasteless. The same critics who shit on it but mindlessly praise equally soulless trash like Disney Marvel are retards.
>>
>>81143471
It's probably cause she's Jewish too, and we all know how the tribe prefers their own...

>>81143479
I'm not lying. I'm legitimately put off by her acting. Every time she talks, the moment of immersion dissolves and I have to get back into it. And her movements are so...static. She doesn't seem to move naturally at all (yeah, I know they use cables and shit, but still)
>>
File: gits2in31.jpg (14KB, 590x339px) Image search: [Google]
gits2in31.jpg
14KB, 590x339px
Watch this before watching the movie
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp_R2eDKOTU

They nailed Batou's love for dogs in this movie.

Seriously try to name another movie that blends and uses other source material so well
>>
>>81143536

Holy fuck nigga you just got your bib caught in the fridge door didn't you?
>>
>>81143397
had an unreal tournament 3 feel to it for me
>>
>>81143536
>I won't watch it, I'm sure it's not offensively bad, just perfectly bland and mediocre like I imagine the Total Recall remake to be.
Thanks Mr. Strong-Opinions-On-Things-He-Has-Never-Experienced-First-Hand. You are very knowledgeable.
>>
>>81143479
Go back to bed stuckmann. She's not a good action actress and you know it. I'd trust her throwing a punch as much as I'd trust the hobo at the intersection by my house with my life savings.
>>
>>81143544

Bully by that nigga what made that movie about the kids and the skateboards.

Was nearly word for word from the book. He did fag out and change a few things to be 2000ish (Eminem..bitch instead of fox etc)
>>
>>81143285
anime characters are always drawn in a Caucasoid manner, most of the time. unless otherwise stated, they're japanese.

what is retarded is that they make most of the cast not asian. then still set it in this Japan dominated Blade Runner knock off world.
>>
>>81143586
>action actress

I mean yeah. But there's very little action and most is with guns so who cares.

She does a good job of looking emotionless and a little crazy and also really cute which is what's important.
>>
>>81143612

WE WANT THEM TO LOOK LIKE THEY ARE DRAWN. NOT LIKE MAMA-SAN FROM THE FUCKING RICE PADDY.
>>
Jesus Christ the shills have taken over.
>>
>>81143036
She had a great ass when she walked away after beating garbageman guy
>>
>>81143653
who are the shills
>>
>>81143653
Have you even given the movie a chance?
>>
>>81143653

YOU POST ON SHILL THE WEBSITE HIRO-CHAN WANTS YOU TO DOWNLOAD AMAZING CLEANER APP THE LEGIT. PAY NO MIND TO THE XSS AND RFI ATTACK ANON-CHAN.
>>
>>81143615
>looking emotionless

Yeah that's literally all she does. She just puts on a neutral facial expression and powerwalks down a hallway. That's it. That's not acting like a badass with confidence and skill. It's just lazy minimal effort "acting".

She doesn't look jaded or anything relevant to the character. Just neutral.
>>
File: MUH JILL 2.jpg (141KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
MUH JILL 2.jpg
141KB, 1920x800px
Moar mah Jill. Now with Moar suit.
>>
>/tv/ likes this piece of shit
Friendship with /a/ is over, now /pol/ is our best friend board
>>
>>81143036
Whos behind all these mad white women complaining about the Whitewashing of asian characters?
I've noticed that no-one seems to care if something like Agents of Shield has no blacks in it if it has asians.
>>
File: 1484119419707.jpg (634KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484119419707.jpg
634KB, 850x1200px
>>81143730
glad to hear you're deciding if her performance is good solely based on if she moves just like how your waifu is drawn and not if she was convincing as an adaptation of a manga character
>>
>>81143693
Why would I pay money for a soulless cash grab that completely disregards what makes GitS what it was?
>>
>>81143730
>finally realizing that whites are soulless robots that need to be bred out of existence

I'm proud of you son. You found the real red pill, and the real message of the movie.
>>
Imma send Megazone 23 to Tyler Perry just to piss niggas off.
>>
>>81143778
Oh so u think its bad well believe me it isnt. I saw it first day and fucking loved it having watched the anime movies prior. I really wanna see it again
>>
>>81143743
>friendship with /a/ is over

They hate this movie.

An /a/ janitor tried to get me banned for defending it lmao.
>>
>>81143743
>/tv/ likes this piece of shit

a lot of it is ironic shilling, or shilling shilling.

I remember the same shit going on for Warcraft. Despite the incessant shilling on /tv/, I was quite certain that movie would be shit. Finally got to see it for free on a plane this year. It was even worse than I expected.
>>
>>81143778
Well, you probably should hold your opinion until an HDRip comes out then.
>>
>>81143831

Nigga you didn't afford no plane and they don't show movies on repatriation flights to Mexico quit playing.
>>
File: 1490303728901.png (116KB, 341x310px) Image search: [Google]
1490303728901.png
116KB, 341x310px
>>81143388
>>81143411
>no sequel but a live action stand alone complex on HBO
>>
>>81143831
I hope people continue to talk about this movie months from now. It really should age well.

I hate seeing the BvS threads being posted constantly when THAT is what u call a mediocre movie.

Ghost in the Shell with Scarjo is not
>>
I was actually pleasantly surprised. I expected to hate it since I'm a big fan of the original. They changed so much of the story that it's barely even comparable. They basically told a completely different story while borrowing a few scenes and ideas from the original. It was no masterpiece, but it's totally serviceable. Decent flick.
>>
>>81143536
Go wank a little that little thing in between your legs, or apply to work on a bakery, cinema isn't your thing.
>>
>>81143831
Each time people speak up for a movie that is being banned is a separate occurrence.

This one has nothing to do with people foolishly saying Warcraft was good.
>>
>>81143881
I did legit think today "in 20 years this'll probably be a cult movie because the effects are going to actually age well for the most part."
>>
>>81143807
>well believe me it isnt

Why the fuck should I believe you? You don't even have any reference to what it could have been and you obviously don't care at all.

Its fine if you like it, but know that fans had high expectations for this that just weren't met, and in place of those expectations they put in bullshit like her origin story, SICK WALL JUMPING SHOOTOUTS PEW PEW, and love interests.

This isn't what GitS is. Maybe I'd be less judgemental about the whole thing if they didn't steal iconic scenes only to make them so much worse.
>>
I just watched this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-P_TyIyElU
holy shit ALL THOSE DELETED SCENES
I hope this movie gets a directors cut.
>>
>>81143963
You're full of so many obvious biases against this thing.

See it. Or wait and pirate it. It's not bad. It at least deserves a watch.
>>
>>81143659
Amazing. Even with loose clothes, that waist, perfect
>>
>>81143860
>you didn't afford no plane

I didn't buy no plane you ignorant nigga, I just bought a ticket.
>>
>>81143778
Even the director of the first movie supports casting Scarlet.
>>
>>81143212
Literally /pol/ poster. They're sperging over ScarJo too because she's jewish, and they're weebs who idolize fictional cartoon waifus
>>
>>81143036
>"I [PAUSE] embrace enhancement. [PAUSE] Now there nothing I can't do. [PAUSE]"
Good lord, the dialogue is awful. Who the fuck wrote this shit?
>>
>>81144064
I have no problem with the race of the Major. That isn't my issue at all.
>>
>>81144110
Then what is your issue with it, specifically?
>>
>>81143133
Holy hell theyre shilling anime movies now
>>
>>81144106
>[Stuttering] "N-nothing I can't know."
>[Stuttering] "N-nothing I can't be."
>>
>>81144171
see
>>81143963
>>
is ScarJo using monotone voice in place of dramatic acting? like she usually does
>>
You know that part of /a/ that's kind of autistic? That's what doesn't like the new movie.

Everyone has their own fucking mental labyrinths in their head. They just can't_into something that is too far away from the source material.
>>
>>81144171
>>81144200
He didn't see it lol

>but I know it's bad anyway

You'd like to think you do.
>>
>black people
>Japan
>Major
>a jew

Fucking jews.
>>
>>81144045

YOU COULDN'T AFFORD THAT EITHER.

YOU EITHER FLEW WITH YOUR PARENTS OR PLAYED SOME FLIGHTSIM SHIT.
>>
>>81144236
If its so far away from the source material then why use the name at all?
>>
I liked it. Wasn't my favorite movie of the year or anything but it was good.
>>
>>81143743

Don't get discouraged this is far and away the most positive thread on this movie that's yet been posted here.
>>
is this the paid shill thread?

yeah guys this movie was great. it was visually amazing and i think thats good enough, not every movie has to have perfect writing

ok so do they send my money in the mail or?...
>>
>>81144332
Because it's ~80% of the source material.

It's more like the source material than fucking half of standard Hollywood adaptations of other shit. JUST BE HAPPY.
>>
>>81143036
honestly looks alright. I just fucking hate johansson, such a bland bitch
>>
more like pork in the shell lmao
>>
>>81144200
>we had expectations
Not good enough. "Fans" are just bitch about "muh whitewashing." Actual fans are enjoying it for what it is. Sure you're going to think the scenes are worse if you want it to be the anime, but that is never what it was supposed to be. (Even I am a little disappointed in not nips, but it is what it is.) If you want to watch the anime they just watch it again instead of bitching about this not being it.
>>
>>81144362
>people saying something against the internet consensus
>"sh-shilling? It has to be."
>>
>>81144378

Are you serious? It's so unlike the source material it's barely recognizable at times. That's actually the sole reason I was able to tolerate this movie.
>>
File: GLORIOUS.gif (428KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
GLORIOUS.gif
428KB, 500x324px
>>81143036
>3. Best scene LOOK! THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

YOU SEE DAT SHIT WHITEBOY?! THATS THE SHIT IM TALKING ABOUT!

>robot breaks finger and grabs guy
>gets shot
>OHHHHHHHHHHHH

His accent made me think of the african guy that comes into pinkys store on next friday and i couldn't help but laugh.

His accent is what makes it funny

Anther of my favortite scense was the part where "Hanka" tries to assassinate Aramaki and he shits on all of them with that classic Revolver(not a gun guy,but i think it was a really old revolver).

>never send rabbits to kill a fox
Based

Only part i didnt like was how underwhelming the defeat of the spider tank was compared to the original anime film.

Her whole body should have been shatterd, but in the 2017 film she only lost her left arm and the rest of her body was intact,but slightly damage.

When i first saw the spider tank scene as a kid, i was awe struck at how she just ripped her whole body apart trying to kill it.

2017 film just makes it feel like an "Mehhhhh and then she just walks it off and is okay.
>>
>>81144412

The loudest "shill shills shills everyone is shilling" posters are just mad that their shitty youtube eceleb douche bag threads aren't raking in the clicks they used to.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKNN0

I remember black skies
The lightning all around me
I remember each flash
As time began to blur
Like a startling sign
That fate had finally found me
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason
To prove me wrong
To wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross
The distance in your eyes
Give me reason
To fill this hole
Connect this space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
Across this new divide

There was nothing inside
The memories left abandoned
There was nowhere to hide
The ashes fell like snow
And the ground caved in
Between where we were standing
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve
>>
This movie was unbearable garbage and if you think otherwise you're a fucking moron.
>>
I'm still amazed that Hollyjew even made a Ghost in the Shell movie but I'm not surprised they fucked it up and dumbed it down for amerifats

>typical vengeance plot
>big corporations are evil
>blacks and jews commonplace in Japan

Not as bad as the Dragoball abortion but still disappointing
>>
File: 1490951432163.gif (2MB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490951432163.gif
2MB, 224x400px
>>81144378

Retard detected
>>
>>81144499

Holy fuck. I watched the scene like 10 times after I got out of the movie and every time I kept saying "this is hilarious this reminds me of something" That fucking African dude "KISS MAH ASS i AINT GOT NO DAMN RECEIPT SO WHAT". I completely forgot about that guy until I read this.
>>
>>81144412
listen man i just want my 20 bucks.
>>
File: file.png (382KB, 1079x761px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
382KB, 1079x761px
>Don't send a rabbit to kill a fox

Hmm...
>>
Why does no one in this thread sound like a real person?
>>
File: van Halen.jpg (201KB, 1500x1120px) Image search: [Google]
van Halen.jpg
201KB, 1500x1120px
>>81143758
>Whos behind all these mad white women complaining about the Whitewashing of asian characters?
Literally, that's a problem only Americans have.

>be me
>in China
>watching a film that is a blatant remake of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
>Except all actors are Chinese
>nobody raises an eyebrow
Fact is, *WITHIN* the same society, you are allowed to do whatever you want. Even make a play with a Chinese Jesus Christ.

Yes, it is called "appropriation" in some sense. But since it is for "intra-culture" use, nobody will argue. I mean: way before

This happens throughout Europe, Asia, Africa. Nobody worries. Nobody has a problem with that.

Only Amerifats chimp out whenever something is changed about some ethnicity. They want to watch fantasy stuff and then they complain there are no black Elves. Guess what? Nobody in Nairobi gave a shit. Everyone watched the Lord of the Rings and enjoyed it.

If anything, Kenyans told me they wish they had a movie industry like America, so that they could make their *own* stories with their own characters. Not just black Elves or non-Chinese Anime characters.

Only Americans chimp out if you touch race in a work of fiction.
>>
>>81144585
because the majority of it is either shilling, ironic shilling, shitposting, ironic bashing, bashing, b8ing, or just general autism

welcome to /tv/
>>
>>81144458
I'd say the universe makes up a large amount of it.
>>
>>81143974
>00:30 "FIGHTING SAVED MY LIFE"
What?
>>
>>81144585

SCRIPT% GHOST SHELL4CHAN THREAD NUMBER 2051 RESPONSE
"input" I awl;ys get my money from paypal don't want no shitty vouchers,/1run
>>
>>81144570
Yeah, he sounds just like him and that's what made me laugh about it.

The scene would have been like ten times funnier if they had him say "Whiteboy" just for laughs.
>>
>>81144559
>in Japan

Never in the movie did they say it was Japan and only Kitano spoke Japanese. They clearly kept it vague on purpose dude.
>>
>>81144645

But the universe is totally different. This movie took place in a Blade Runner style cyberpunk city with tons of holographic ads and neon lights. The original Ghost in the Shell took place in a fairly standard looking Asian city. It also took place in a universe in which full body replacement is a fairly normal thing. Here, the Major is supposed to be the first ever.
>>
>>81144409
I don't even know why I keep replying to you.

I stated already I have no problem with the race of the Major, yet you want to continue to lump me in with those people.

I completely understand that it wasn't supposed to be anime. The problem I'm having is that each shot that they tried to recreate from the anime is poorly executed comparatively. If they couldn't do it better they should've made their own scenes instead of playing off nostalgia.

I could possibly forgive all of that if they had kept the themes instead of trying to make an origin story for a NEW SUPER COOL HERO so that they could make bank off a franchise. What made GitS what it was was its themes and they completely scraped it all for a revenge/origin story.
>>
>>81143036
Just went to see the movie - I don't know why everyone is bashing it.
They used good bits from the first movie, Innocence (which I thought was the better and deeper of the movies), and the series. It respected the work and addressed the same philosophy of the original. Solid 8/10, just wished they used the iconic theme in the beginning.
>>
>>81143974
Batou is the absolute madman he is supposed to be
>>
>>81144663

Seriously. That fucking scene in The Friday movie had me in stitches. From the cd rack getting tossed to the "I'M JUST A BITCH ASS NIGGA" Thank you for pointing that out. My moonshine addled frontal lobe and bad memory would have never made the connection.

That little dude from Friday killed himself didn't he?
>>
>the scene with the black robot guy
>"greetings, my name is BB-C"

really, America?
>>
>>81144662
watchout guys we got a super class A hacker here
>>
>>81144559
When where they in Japan? IIRC, the even the original was set in British Hong Kong.
>>
>"This is Major. I'm on site"
>"LOOK! THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT"
Has this become the anime version of the dark knight rises plane scene?

Not to mention the guy who gets hacked and killed by that cyborg looks like CIA a bit
>>
>>81144499
The thing I hate the most of this spider tank is that its fucking "dead"
It doesn't react. They replicate a scene where scarjo shoots it, we see the bullets hit it, and it continued firing like nothing. The original had a natural reaction too the bullets (although this one is remote controled, so that might explain it)
>>
File: LOL REMEMBER.jpg (26KB, 348x464px) Image search: [Google]
LOL REMEMBER.jpg
26KB, 348x464px
>>81144741
>>
File: 10472.png (308KB, 854x601px) Image search: [Google]
10472.png
308KB, 854x601px
>>81144761
FIRST ONE TO GET CYBORG ENHANCED GETS TO STAY IN MY BUILDING
>>
>the spider tank scene
>bad guy: "no man can defeat my ultimate weapon! My robots will rule this city! "
>scarjo:" i am no man... "

walked right out of the theater right then
>>
>>81144865
>A white man trying to get blacks to embrace technology and not be "left behind"
You cant make this shit up
>>
>>81144727
I think so,but it was a while back so im not sure about the details
>>
>>81143974
Sadly they trimmed Batou's club scene walk incredibly. We missed more detail of the props on the set.

Any news of an extended unrated cut?
>>
Batou the original Hotthead
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cNuL8cVxXMA
>>
>>81143036
What does this have to do with philosophy
>>
>>81143036
Saw this tonight
Holy fuck it was a steaming turd, I'm convinced that none of the production team saw the original movie, sequel, or any episodes of the show. It's almost as if they just read a quick synopsis on Wikipedia and looked up a 'ghost in the shell best moments' video on youtube and tried to copy the cinematography of it. The acting was fucking dull, especially on ScarJo's part, the story is absolutely retarded on so many levels(for instance, why the fuck would you kidnap teenagers and put their brains in cyborg bodies, suppressing their memories instead of working on an AI system that is able to think and make rational decisions and choices on its own, which is a logical extension of current technology anyways), and any of the decent side-bits and explanations or showcases of future technology(such as the high-velocity ammunition featured in the original, being a /k/ommando I loved that bit). You're also telling me that in a world where easily 1/3 of everyone is cybernetically enhanced in some fashion, the Major is the only fucking full body cyborg? She was specified as a rarity in the original, because most people want to keep some parts of themselves/the operations are expensive, but I clearly remember there being old rich people in young cybernetic bodies they bought. It takes a shit all over the worldbuilding of the original and instead opts for a pseudo-intellectual storyline that blames muh big bad government for everything wrong with a person.

The movie fucking SUCKED
>>
>>81145204
Its a great origin story drama thriller without needing philosophy dislogue
>>
>>81145298
>I'm convinced that none of the production team saw the original movie, sequel, or any episodes of the show
Despite reference after reference?

Nice try
>>
>>81144310
We have been lied to. Jews do not fear the samurai after all.
>>
Scarjo can't act no matter how much money you toss at her.
>>
>>81144865
the time it took for them rims to spin, I already transferred my EBT balance to Apple pay on my pimped out iPhone, nigga!
>>
>>81145336
Nothing that wouldn't be found in 5 minutes of playing GitS videos on youtube.
>>
Watch it in 3d or 2d?
>>
Poast moar body pix plz.
>>
>>81143036
>Really shitty premise of making Major a "prototype" full body prosthetic
>Section 9 literally had nothing to do, so much so that they were just foot soldiers in the last act for about 5 minutes
>Far too many unresolved plot threads that had no bearing on the overall plot such as the insinuation of geisha gynoids soul-dubbing, Kuze/Puppet Master/Laughing Man amalgamation.
>Terrible dialogue/script

It looked nice, had a great soundtrack. Just made me want to play Shadowrun but that's about it.
>>
>>81145512
2d
3d ruins the only good thing about it
>>
>>81145583
thanks! Watching it tonight
>>
why is scarlett such a cutie in this one, lads?
>>
>>81143036
The movie was fucking awful. I deeply regret giving them money.
>>
Why has it become a meme to defend terrible films?
>>
>>81145926

Your face is a meme.

Because.

u look like a gluestick
>>
>some of /tv/ likes a movie, gives legitimate reasons why
>shills and memes pls go
top kek
>>
File: 195714.jpg (38KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
195714.jpg
38KB, 650x400px
Quite enjoyed it.

"philosophy" of it was neither too deep to be too far up its own ass, nor too shallow as to make it feel like a generic action flick.

The visuals felt like they where held back by some production values at times, but were ultimately fantastic.

Complaining about "whitewashing" of the characters feels very stupid after actually having watched it.

Lack of a particular piece of hardware during a particular scene annoyed me more than anything.
>>
File: heh.jpg (31KB, 471x500px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
31KB, 471x500px
>pork in a shell
>ghost in taco bell
>body shaped like a bell
>200 pounds feeling swell
>farts loud as 100 decibel
>android lipid cell
>belly stuck in a well
>diet plan? do tell
>weight watchers was hell
>in the fridge i dwell
>after sports i smell
>tumblr says I'm a bombshell
>gluttons are our clientele
>elevator instead of stairwell
>perky tits farewell
>>
>>81145336

Cant even tell if this post is serious or not
>>
It was fucking comfy.
>>
File: 1325822887351.jpg (79KB, 350x218px) Image search: [Google]
1325822887351.jpg
79KB, 350x218px
>>81146002
>>
So in terms of Ghost in the Shell as a franchise. Where does this go?

For me it's basically

GITS SAC >>>>>>>>>> First movie >>>>>>>> 2nd gig >SSC >>>>>>>>>>> ARISE

Manga can't even fit in here because the Manga has essentially nothing to do with the rest of the franchise.
>>
>>81145987
Thats the power of /v/eddit
>>
>>81145990
But there was no actual 'philosophy'. There were a few scenes where characters smashed you over the head with surface-level discussion of it, but that was it. The movie thought that alluding to it in dialogue was enough.
As for the visuals, I really did like most of the set design and costumes. The CG on the other hand, was almost universally awful. Not helped by how heavily it was based on some of the worse parts of Innocence. I also really liked their casting of Batou. He nailed it.
>>
>>81145781
She isn't. She really is just way too old.
>>
>>81146052
Somewhere around Arise. Not sure which side of it, but it's on that level of turd.
>>
>>81146075
>The movie thought that alluding to it in dialogue was enough.

Eh, Isn't this a problem in the Osii films as well?

Innocence was particularly bad with just these long philosophical exposition dumps dropping quotes and philosophers in entirely tedious shallow ways.
>>
>>81145987

I mean it's fine to like bad movies. Just don't pretend like bad movies are good. I like Iron Man 2, but you don't see me shitting up the board even more than it already is by creating a thread trying to convince people who know better that Iron Man 2 is a bad movie.
>>
>>81146075
>I also really liked their casting of Batou. He nailed it.
that was the weirdest part
I thought he was going to end up being worse than scarjo, but he ended up being the only good one with takeshi being the worst
>>
>>81146143
Fair point. But have you seen the new movie?
>>
File: Scarjo.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Scarjo.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>81146002
She looks pretty slim with other BTS stuff

>>81146008
Can't tell if you are still trolling because you said you think the filmmakers didnt study the source material at all when there was lots of references in the movie... you contradicted yourself massively

>"I BELIEVE THE FILMMAKERS DID NOT WATCH THE ANIME FILMS AT ALL DESPITE THERE BEING HEAPS OF REFERENCES TO THE FILMS
This is how you sound
>>
>>81146138
Not exactly. Oshii's film had the problem of long monologues on the topics. In the case of '95 at least, the entire movie was about the topics being discussed. They were always about addressing topics that the entire piece was raising. In 2017, they just sort of mention things on occasion.
Now, Innocence I will not defend.
>>81146180
What I would say is that the references were surface-level. It skimmed things without thinking about the role they played in the original. The merging of Kuze and The Puppetmaster, for instance, displays a complete lack of understanding of why either of them worked in the original works.
>>
But the true discussion of this kino is has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>81145298
When you get this lost in the fine details, it's clear you were caught up in your own head and not even trying to like it.
>>
File: 1482519437346.png (460KB, 576x515px) Image search: [Google]
1482519437346.png
460KB, 576x515px
>people complaining about ScarJo's wooden acting
she is a cyborg so it makes sense. good casting.

>no titties
literally ruined the movie for me, will not purchase or suggest to anyone.
>>
>>81146215
Kuze is the only problem I had with the movie. The rest was spot on to me.

They probably shouldn't have called him Kuze and just referred to him as the puppetmaster.
>>
>>81146143
Iron Man 2? The two are hardly comparable.
>>
>>81146252
>wanting a cyborg built for battle to have big tits
Why? It would make no sense to design her that way
>>
>>81146303
He was pretty fucking cool though.

"Intellectuals" can't seem to appreciate straight cool factor.
>>
>>81146180

You're confusing me with someone else. I can't tell if your post is serious or not because the post you referenced already addressed all the references but you offered it up like it was some serious "gotcha" rebuttal.
>>
>>81146324
Because Masamune Shirow is complete degenerate and also loves big ass titties
>>
>>81146347
>He was pretty fucking cool though.
Kuze looked great in this movie but he needed more of a political agenda instead of just getting vengeance.

YES in the anime he has a political agenda.

Maybe the filmmakers didn't wanna put the refugee stuff in there due to Trump being president and then people would call this a political movie since Kuze in the anime wants to bring in refugees into Tokyo and he is considered a terrorist.
>>
File: 1490412078571.png (78KB, 416x163px) Image search: [Google]
1490412078571.png
78KB, 416x163px
>anons getting triggered fro being called shills for this dumb down movie
I bet some of you unironically believe that scarjo is the best actress
>>
>>81146438
The movie is good. Also ScarJo is there.
>>
>>81146314

One is a sequel and one is an adaptation. That's basically the bulk of their difference from each other.
>>
>>81146467
The movie is good with nostalgia of 80s, 90s futuristic movies as well as the many references to the anime but with a plot twist.

It's a good movie true. Why critics and people have to think it is "trash" when it is not trash.
>>
Why does /co/mblr get angry at a film for western audiences having a white lead but not the blatant niggerwashing that's going on in hollywood right now?
>>
>>81146324
>built for battle

She's a very basic model, le anime says that the same model is used for things like sexbots. She is supposed to have massive tits because she is basically an all-purpose model, and all-purpose includes slambots.

I also meant that her tits weren't exposed, not that they weren't big enough.
>>
>>81146427
Kuze is more than just a political agenda, though. He's a reflection of The Major, specifically SAC's version of The Major. And that Major was an established character before they tried to undercut her. Similarly, Project 2501 was basically the embodiment of movie Major's identity crisis. They were finely tuned characters for their versions of the IP.
What they did was pants-on-head retarded.
>>81146303
So you didn't mind the mustache twirling villain? The one that even assumed direct control of the spider tank so the poor audience knows he's the baddest dude?
>>
>>81146540
because that fits the agenda. And remember, the agenda is more important than reality.
>>
>>81146545
The idea is that her exterior is production-line, so nobody tries to strip her for parts. Because her guts are all kinds of classified.
>>
>>81146540
What are you talking about? People would lose their shit if Nick Fury was suddenly black . . .
>>
File: u aint mekin me mad.jpg (14KB, 366x366px) Image search: [Google]
u aint mekin me mad.jpg
14KB, 366x366px
>>81146477
>>
>>81143124
>i am a mouthbreathing retard
>>
>>81143899
this. they built a compelling world, filled it with interesting characters and told a new version of the story. Good visuals, good action, i enjoyed it except for the constant exposition.
>>
>>81144310
it was set in shanghai did you not pay attention?
>>
>>81146754
Shanghai does not have a PM.
>>
File: 1476567823472.jpg (29KB, 267x395px) Image search: [Google]
1476567823472.jpg
29KB, 267x395px
I need a way to watch SAC but I'm not paying for Hulu or some shit like that. Any fansub groups that have it or is it too old for that?
>>
>>81146576
>production-line

Her "exterior" is covered by a latex suit in the ScarJo movie. You wouldn't program modesty into an all-purpose cyborg. She looks like a human being wearing a cyborg jumpsuit. What does production line have to do with anything? How would nipples make her harder to strip for parts?

Kusanagi's indifference to her own nudity was an important aspect of her identity, and a way for the writer's to explore the differences between synthetic life and natural life.

It was admittedly also an excuse to show nice big titties on the screen but my point stands.
>>
You guys like borrowing other's opinions. Why don't you stop being shitters and use this guys opinions instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89yKotapLFE
>>
>>81146790
It has official subs. Just find the blurays on any torrent site.
>>
>>81144222
Motoko is monotone
>>
>>81146806
Stuckmann is top pleb most of the time, but yeah he's right on this one, and it's not even like he doesn't know GitS obviously. I share the confusion, I don't get why critics are ragging on the movie at all.
>>
>>81146804
Please read posts and their context. I was talking about the older iterations of the IP. In those, it's made clear that they use a factory-standard option for her appearance to avoid attention.
As for this one... fuck. I don't know. They didn't even bother with the world-building. The big bad's evil plot of 'kidnap people, turn them into cyborgs, lie to them so the kill terrorists' didn't even have a fucking payoff. They never actually explained what the endgame was there. Not even a 'With the technology we developed for her, we could make billions of dollars!' or something.
>>
File: 1490865390899.jpg (161KB, 558x529px) Image search: [Google]
1490865390899.jpg
161KB, 558x529px
>>81143283
Those goosebumps MMMMMMM
>>
meh i guess all anime are bad so why would their adaptions be anything less.
me only complain it's the use of so shitty cgi, I completely knew when there were cgi ruinning the whole sense of immersion.
>>
>>81146885
>They never actually explained what the endgame was there

that's so beyond the point it's unbelievable
>>
>>81146252
>she is a cyborg so it makes sense.
A cyborg is not the same thing as an android, anon.

But they lost me with the no-nudity thing, too. In a movie where (just going by the trailer) they went to great lengths to try to copy many shots precisely from the anime, they didn't copy the lead character's look with similar precision.

Problem is they wanted a PG-13 movie, and there's no way they get that if she's topless for like a third of the film.

IMO, the fact that they neutered the film to make it PG-13 is far worse offense than casting a (((white))) actress to play Major Kusanagi.
>>
>>81146885
>it's made clear that they use a factory-standard option for her appearance to avoid attention
This still doesn't address my point. All you're saying is that she is a standard model, and I agree with you. What I am saying is that the standard model has nipples. "Factory-standard" doesn't mean "without defining features." If it did then they would have made a completely androgynous model instead. Kusanagi has nipples and does not care about having her tits out PERIOD.

>deflecting off into another unrelated topic
If you're a female then just tell me now so I can stop responding.
>>
>>81146986
But they introduced a new villain and a new origin story for The Major, then didn't even bother to finish it.
>>
>>81147010
I don't know what you think you're arguing about. A standard female design has nipples, yes. I was never disputing that.
>>
>>81147017
it's there to give her an inner dilemma and establish the idea of distant tech corporations taking away human agency, do you really care that much if the bad guy (who is barely even a character and is only there to establish that theme) gets a speech where he explains his plan?

the relationship between the major and kuze were the main thing to focus on, it really doesn't matter why some dickhead is being a dickhead
>>
>>81147071
But if you're going to make it all about the eeeeeeevil plan that put them in that position, at least make the plan coherent on a basic level.
>>
>>81147071
Nerds like their villain monologues.
>>
>>81147040
What are you disputing?
>>
>>81147116
I was never disputing anything. I was just pointing out that in most continuities, her external appearance is fairly generic while her internals are all riced out. Because somebody previously seemed to be saying that the entirety of her shell was an entry level model.
>>
>>81147092
his plan was to create subservient cyborgs that would have the benefits of decision-making skills without the technological flaws of artificial intelligence, but he didn't want them retaining their souls, just their human intuition. that's it. that's literally it and it's obvious from the first scene he's in. if you wanna argue that it's TOO simple and he has no depth then go ahead but you make it sound like he's lex luthor in bvs.
>>
>>81143269
Even if you do that, you will still find it as samy as any other popcorn flick
>>
>>81147092
It isn't all about the evil plan, it is all about the relationship between the Major and Kuze, and the Major herself, as explained in the post that you just responded to. The evil plan is cosmetic and secondary.

>>81147161
I was bitching about the lack of nudity and you started in with "she shouldn't have big tits" and that she is production line. You were disputing my (misunderstood on your behalf) desire for her to have big tits and then started talking about factory standards. Did you think that you were responding to somebody else?

>Please read posts and their context.
>>
>cuze in the puppetmaster's place during the sniping
>Aramaki killing left and right and not talking his way out of things
>wedding song during credits but they never merged
>the whole Hanka robotics plotline
>random black british literally who female in section 9
I CANT STOP SCREAMING INTERNALLY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 0125233267347.png (1MB, 839x745px) Image search: [Google]
0125233267347.png
1MB, 839x745px
>Leads are a white male and white woman
Why does /tv/ hate this again?
>>
>>81147320
>>random black british literally who female in section 9
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>81147320
she was cute
>>
>>81147320
She literally did nothing apart from give Batou his gun thru the bathroom window. It's not like she was a main character forced in.
>>
>>81147367
Why even have her at all then?
>>
So this may have been answered already in the thread, but why is it that when she wears a tanktop, her skin looks like a normal person?
>>
It really frustrated me up until I realized it's supposed to be a prequel to the 95 film. I felt like if I went in knowing that, I'd have liked it more.
>>
File: scarjo.png (526KB, 780x555px) Image search: [Google]
scarjo.png
526KB, 780x555px
>>81147401
This is a flesh suit. It's not her skin
>>
>>81147447
Well that's stupid.
>>
>>81147459
It's different.
>>
>>81147472
It's PG-13.
>>
>>81147430
But they fucked up literally everything if that was their goal. Including who produced The Major's body.
>>
>>81144553
(You)
>>
I mean I would have even taken CGI body-double nudity, preferred it even. This >>81147447 looks dumb. Just clothe her normally if you aren't going to do nudity.
>>
>>81147486
I mean I'm not saying I would have LIKED it, just liked it a little more
>>
Every minute of the 2017 movie felt like a chore. After getting home, I fired up the '95 one to compare a few scenes and ended up watching the entire thing without even thinking about it.
Take it as you will.
>>
>>81147573
Were you criticizing it in your head the whole time? Because yeah, that is a chore.
>>
>>81147602
Got it, will turn of my brain in future screenings.
>>
>>81145990
There was no philosophy, it was a generic above average action flick with nice visuals
>>
>>81147430
>prequel
Boy she's gonna have a serious case of deja vu when she fights the spider tank again.
>>
File: 1486917471075.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486917471075.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>81143036
I'm not a weaboo or anything, but I legitimately don't understand why Hollywood feels the need to take stuff like this and make it worse.

>*Vangelis Knock Off music plays* let me just jack into the net real quick.... SWOOSH SWOOSH SWOOSH *images of holograms and non-descript text fly by* *jumps of overly-designed building and through a bunch of pointless holograms and breaks into a room filled with needlessly over-designed characters*

Like, why? The whole point of GitS to me was that it was one of the most realistic looking cyperpunk worlds with a nice, relatively contemporary aesthetic. Shit looked normal by and large, and dealt with real issues like illegal immigration and drug trafficking. Whats the point of putting in extra work to make it look like a Blade Runner knock-off? Why retarded geisha robots instead of human extras? Why extremely noticeable implants and prosthetics for no real reason?
>>
>>81147639
Well the geishas are from Innocence because they had to mash ALL the plots together.
>>
>>81147638
But this time the tank's going to have terrifying miniguns instead of surprisingly ineffective cannons.
>>81147662
But they're also from the first episode of SAC because FUCK YOU IN PARTICULAR.
>>
>>81147639
The generic Cyberpunk tropes like that appeal to genreshitters who lap that shit up. The whole 'IM JACKING IN' followed by Holograms is the cyberpunk equivalent of Steampunk's 'just stick some gears on it'
>>
>>81147662
I'm not knocking the fact that their geishas, I'm knocking the fact that they're edgy looking robots unlike the source material.

At least we have Villeneuve Blade Runner soon.
>>
>>81147736
I just re-watched the 1995 film and all of the CG displays for things were actually presented in logical, understandable ways. It was cool green basic CG but information was actually readable and usable. Can't say the same of the JACKING INTO THE NET stuff that the new one used.
>>
>>81147612
I get what you're saying, but I don't think this is the typical version of someone telling someone else to "turn their brain off."

It's not dumb. That's the usual reason one tells another to do that.

I'm just telling you to get the anime and the general negativity out of your mind.
>>
>>81147638
>>81147679

I mean it would explain why the second time her and Batou are so nonchalant about the whole thing
>>
>>81147788
I walked in with that approach, and for the first few scenes I was trying to take the film as its own thing. But it kept leaning so heavily on the other versions of the franchise that it was impossible to NOT make those comparisons. If it was a good movie, I could've dealt with it. I didn't sit through Edge of Tomorrow thinking about All You Need Is Kill.
>>
Scarjos actings sucked
She's not physically graceful and/or talented enough to perform the fight choreography
The script was atrocious (the part where they talk about her ghost in the shell made me cringe)
Batou was a lot better than I thought he would be and the cybernetic eyes looked a lot better in the film that I expected them to from the trailer
Takashi looked like he barely wanted to be there
The 'philosophy' appears to have been injected in an attempt to appease fans of the anime, the reality is that the story is (at the end of the day) about the Major sticking it to the evil Military Industrial complex
The action scenes were pretty dull and uninspired
Some of the CGI is pretty horrendous (Scarjo running around during the tank battle and the water fight are big ones)
The aesthetic was great
The music was great
>>
>>81147518
I want to popularize a subgenre of mildly erotic adventure/thriller movies with lots of nudity. I would have just had the Major be actually naked in all of her scenes, but that would never fly in American theaters.
>>
>>81147853
the music was forgettable and barely used, the only music I remember was the 95' soundtrack used in the fucking credits
>>
File: untitled.png (138KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
138KB, 670x377px
GITS is good, not great and could have used a bit more inspiration and an R-rating and it would have been this years DREDD. But the low rating is underserved and only exists because of the SJW autistics who have moved on from sucking nigger cock because Moonlight's Oscar win placated their white guilt and now care about "whitewashing" only because they need another shiny object to target to manufacture outrage and drawn attention to themselves.

They attack Iron Fist because the lead character is a rich white guy who knows Kung-fu and attack GITS because the lead is a white woman. But they skeet loads over Jessica Jones because it's about a 90lbs white woman who beats up men 3X her size when not taking nigger cock up the ass which SJW's see as "diversity".

THEY CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES!!! You want a reasonably well made Sci-fi cyberpunk action flick drenched in neon and synth the Ghost in the Shell is worth the money.

If you need everything to conform to how a bunch of white, middle-upper class college/university students think the world should be run from their dorm room cocoons or mommy and daddy's home then you can suck the shit out of my fucking asshole!!!FACT!!! https://youtu.be/DRPbKIXoEsI
>>
>>81143124
OK. So the sauce material is not important when adapting the material.
>>
>>81147899
>it would have been this years DREDD
Except it was a mess in so many ways that have nothing to do with the lead being white. I mean Scarjo sucked but thats beside the point.
>>
>>81143388
A sequel would be cool but I wouldn't be against a Netflix series!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>81147890

It was mostly ambient synth shit
Super forgettable but fit the over aesthetic of the film
I do have a hardon for that kind of stuff though so forgive me for liking it more than the average joe might.
>>
I felt like I watched a Deus Ex movie. I'm not a weeaboo but it lost that 'japanesey' feel that the anime reeked of.
>>
>>81147899
>You want a reasonably well made Sci-fi cyberpunk action flick drenched in neon and synth
No I wanted Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>81147823
Well there wasn't a major All You Need Is Kill anime.
>>
>>81148013
And? The point is that I wasn't thinking about how the source material did literally everything better the entire time I was watching it.
>>
I know nothing about manga or anime. Can I still enjoy this movie?
>>
File: 1475810086755.jpg (232KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475810086755.jpg
232KB, 1000x1000px
>>81143159
I actually can't get people to see this with me because of the reason you just gave. END ME
>>
>>81143536
This isn't anywhere near the Total Recall remake. It's a well made if uninspired movie but worth a trip to the cinema!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>81148046
It's actually the only chance you have. Even then, you need shit taste in films.
>>
>>81148046
Yeah I feel like it was made for people who didn't watch the anime films.
>>
>>81148071
Given that they tried to make 'Motoko Kusanagi' a twist, I would assume so.
>>
>>81143159
>>81148049
You know, once I saw the movie, it didn't seem like it mattered, except:

Why did they go to the trouble of making her look Asian?
>>
>>81148026
There are two reasons you didn't do that with Edge of Tomorrow.

1.) It was very different.
2.) You didn't WATCH All You Need Is Kill.

GitS was close enough that you say a lot of comparisons. Your shitty brain couldn't separate them and judge GitS 2017 on its own merit.
>>
>>81148046
Here let me ruin it for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2mXrndt1ZI
>>
>>81148116
You're putting far too much weight into what I used as an example. And doing it to make a poor defense of a terrible movie.
>>
>>81148026
That's because they're pretty different, and I personally did compare some while watching Edge of Tomorrow.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (252KB, 1000x622px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
252KB, 1000x622px
they should have gotten spike lee to direct this
>>
>>81148046
yes, it's great. don't listen to the haters, they're just parroting around what some critics said. they have no opinion of their own.
>>
>>81143612
>anime characters are white but they're japanese haha

fuck off
>>
>>81148131
Indeed, I did argue against your example/point for a movie that I believe is good, and you believe is bad. Got me.
>>
>>81148104
I think you mean "didn't." She looks pretty fucking white in the anime. It just blows my mind that we, as a country, have large numbers of people who won't see a movie because it has white people in it. Just think about that for a second.
>>
>>81143215
>I wanna know how they pulled off some of the visuals they did.
they did it on a computer
>>
>>81147919
Maintaining the spirit and thematic direction of the original material is all you need for a good adaptation.

People who whinge about it having an altered plot, different character appearances, or missing subplots are typically autistic people who failed to apprieciate or understand the strengthd of the source work.

Not defending GitS though, I don't care for the movie nor the poor blade runner imitating cartoons and pulp comics that proceeded it.
>>
>>81143420
The shills are awake, I see.
>>
>>81148193
Draw a stick figure. Looks like a white guy, right?

Perception is a funny thing. Anime is inspired by western animation, in that big eyes equals easier expression. It's not Japan drawing white people. It's you believing Japanese drawings of Japanese people look like white people.
>>
>>81148354
>Draw a stick figure. Looks like a white guy, right?
no...
>>
dont watch jshit or anime so i thought this movie was watchable. it isn't good though, why does everyone in the movie act like they dont want to be there? the acting is so fucking bad and it makes everything pervasively worse (action has no weight, the story has no emotion)
>>
>>81148354
Oh, you again.

How are things for you these days, bud?
>>
Duplicate reply:

Intensifying and focusing on the differences between the source and the new movie is biased as fuck.

Yes, it is worse than the source material. But it's still good on it's own. Getting upset that it isn't AS GOOD and labeling the movie as BAD is childish.
>>
>Literally the Aeon Flux of our time
Movie industry crash when?
>>
>>81148046
It's painfully average, it reminds me of that Lucy movie coincidentally also having ScarJo
>>
>>81143215
>oh god if the movie bombs i'll they'll skimp on the BluRay extras ans I'll never find out how they made ScarJo less fat
>>
>>81143366
allcaps means youre a fat weeb
>>
>>81148265
From what I've heard. They fucked up the basic plot of the major and why she does shit, even fucked up the puppetmaster/villain.

If that is not a major fuck up I dunno what is.
>>
>>81148661
Changing things don't make them instantly negative, dork.
>>
>>81148046
It's a decent enough movie. It just gets hate from autists for not being true enough to the source material and from sjws for whitewashing.
>>
>>81148766
>It's a decent enough movie. It just gets hate from autists for not being true enough to the source material and from sjws for whitewashing.
This is exactly correct and honestly all that needs to be said.
>>
>>81145781
does lads mean goys now?
>>
File: 7f6.png (169KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
7f6.png
169KB, 400x360px
>Deliberately change the plot to appeal to a wide audience

>SJWs and Weebs complain they changed the plot to appeal to a wide audience

It's like you faggots wanted a scene for scene reshoot of the anime. Just watch the fucking anime again.
>>
>>81146180
she looks pretty decent there
>>
>>81148919
>Deliberately change the plot to appeal to a "wide audience" aka brainet normies
>even normies dont like it
>overhear them talking about how they fell asleep
>"Thanks for coming out bruh even though that was a weird movie haha"
>>
>>81148761
Its like fucking up bladerunner with having Rick Deckard doing the opposite shit like not doing any questioning or bountyhunt and having the replicant not having feels of feels of human.

It would change "Do Androids Dream of Electronic sheep".
>>
File: young scarjo.jpg (395KB, 1429x1481px) Image search: [Google]
young scarjo.jpg
395KB, 1429x1481px
>>81146077
yeap
>>
>>81143124
Stand Alone Complex is better than the movies.
>>
File: NExIrRRDoSRnBG_1_b.jpg (53KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NExIrRRDoSRnBG_1_b.jpg
53KB, 600x316px
Why didn't they cast Olivia Wilde for Major Kusanagi ? She would be perfect for it, even resembles the original
>>
WHY DOES EVERY SHOT HAVE TO HAVE A MOVING CAMERA. KEEP IT STILL YOU FUCK
>>
>>81149973
Because they needed somebody who would draw normie Americans to a weird live action manga adaptation based on a franchise they know only as "that thing the kid who looked like a school shooter at my high school liked."

Plus Olivia Wilde's only noteworthy role was in the incredbily forgettable Tron sequel, wherein she made my dick rock hard.
>>
File: tilda 01.jpg (2MB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
tilda 01.jpg
2MB, 2400x3600px
>>81149973

Ally would have been great if she had like a decade more on her, Antje Traue was my #1 draft pick of all time though.

Ah well.
>>
>>81143653
>different opinion than (You)
>wah waaah fucking shills waaaaah

Stop embarrassing yourself or simply end your misery with a glass of bleach
>>
>>81143280
>>81143285
The plot twist at the end is literally that Major is a dead asian girl in a white body
>>
File: 1359886049850.jpg (116KB, 330x357px) Image search: [Google]
1359886049850.jpg
116KB, 330x357px
>>81148995
>overhear them talking about how they fell asleep
That happened to me. Overheard a guy couple seats below me said he almost fell asleep.
>>
Honestly don't understand the constant hate for ScarJo. Is it just overexposure?
>>
>>81150375
On a board that vehemently defense BvS on a regular basis, you can absolutely assume that it's just faggots who go "duhhhh she in marvel, she bad!!!"
I don't even like her in those movies but she's a great actress when she gives a fuck.
>>
>>81150375
It's because she's the big thing and also not Natalie Portman.
>>
>>81143168
Have we started the software?
>>
>>81150233
>The plot twist at the end is literally that Major is a dead asian girl in a white body

That'd be actually quite creative.
>>
>>81143036
her stunt double looked more like Kusanagi and was asian, too bad for us
>>
>>81150878
really cliché actually
>>
>>81143168
Did he die?
What did they do to him?
>>
>>81148265
>Maintaining the spirit and thematic direction of the original material is all you need for a good adaptation.
Yes and they didn't even get that right.
>>
>>81144499
>never send rabbits to kill a fox
cringe
>>
>>81150878
>that'd

Not sure if that's a typo for "that's" but it actually happens in the movie.
Whenever someone asks her name for most of the movie she says "Mira Killian," and personally I groaned thinking they Americanized her name for the west. Then it turns out she was actually Asian, had her memories wiped, and was given an American body and voice.

I see it as a commentary on the accusations of whitewashing and the expectation that it would be bastardized. Of course they only cast Scarlett because she's a box office draw, but they handled it nicely in a way that threw me off as a fan of the original, in a good way. It's very GitS, an expression of "it's who I am as a person that defines me and not my race, regardless of the fact that my nationality shaped the events of my life."

She also never says "my name is Mira" or "my name is Motoko" unless someone is asking her for non-personal reasons. She only ever refers to herself as "Major" in that way, she seems to cast off Motoko Kusanagi as another label that doesn't suit who she is anymore because she's transcended racial/national identity.
>>
>>81143036
Movie was actually good. They kept all the 'iconic' moments, barely changing anything from the source material. The only people that won't enjoy the movie are people that has never seen the anime and/or non anime fans, both which I can understand. Other than that movie was pretty solid, a little weak third act, and would have loved it a bit more if it was rated R .
>Scarjo actually studied the walk and mannerisms of major
>Dat retro futuristic tokyo atmosphere
>Jacked Up'd Major
8/10 would watch again.
>>
>>81146790
Laughing man (Google laughing man fansubs) was releasing them like a week after their Japanese air dates when I was watching them. They had a great group of translators and even included footnote annotations explaining Japanese context to script. After the official is releases came out in better quality I got them only to be supremely depressed with the translation they had.
>>
>>81150905
>the stunt double was asian
too meta
>>
>>81143124
>, just like Akira is not the masterpiece most normies think it is
Topkek what a try hard contrarian retard, the 6 manga novels of akira are absolutely a masterpiece.
>>
>>81143388
If they did and based it on gits2 it'd end up being accused of being either a matrix ripoff or to complex.

>>81143426
Fuck you for not being content with the originals and encouraging these lazy greed pig hollyweird fucks to never write anything ever again and shit out offensively poor remakes of everything.
>>
>>81152361
Berserk is better.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.