[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no one talk about this anymore? Breaking Bad came and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: vlcsnap-2017-03-31-19h13m33s245.jpg (171KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-31-19h13m33s245.jpg
171KB, 1280x738px
Why does no one talk about this anymore? Breaking Bad came and went. No lasting affect.
>>
I think everyone knew it was just a meme show even when it was airing. You're probably one of the few people that didn't realize that.
>>
Solely because the contrarian aspie toddlers here were alive for it. If it aired when the sopranos did it would be talked about more
>>
>>81135806
case in point: >>81135801 deranged moron who uses terms like "meme show," sending out a cringe shockwave capable of killing small animals.
>>
Because it wasn't that good and the ending sucked. It can't hold a candle to any well regarded HBO show.
>>
Quality peaked 3 years before it ended
Popularity peaked during season 5B

A truly disgusting combination
>>
>it's another "Walt is obviously lying to his family" scene

I like Cranston in comedies but his BB performance was way overrated
>>
It was a good, straightforward show that pretty much everyone has seen. What's to talk about
>>
>>81135772
Do you mean on /tv/? It comes up every once in a while.

In real life? I hear about Breaking Bad all the time. It definitely has had a lasting effect.
>>
>>81135772
Huh? It ended 4 years ago and people still reference it all the time. I don't think that happens with any other dead show except spongebob.

t. chem e major who everyone fucking makes BB meth jokes to
>>
>>81135801
It wasn't a meme show the first few seasons. It became one when normies started watching it.
>>81135883
this
>>
The first AMC breaking bad marathon threads were fun as fuck.
>>
>>81135848
>the ending sucked

I dont know why more people dont point this out.
The series finale was fucking awful. My friends who got me to watch it were all about how "badass" Walt was in the final fight.
I thought it was fucking stupid
>>
Breaking Bad was good at first, but quickly became a shit show.

The hook and beginning are so compelling. A high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with cancer decides to sell meth to leave his family with some money.

By season 3, the whole cancer plot is dropped, and Walter's relationship with his family is disgraceful. He becomes a villain. There ends up being nothing likeable or redeemable about him after he suddenly does a complete character 180.

The show lasted two seasons longer than it should have.
>>
>>81136049
I mean you're a 4chan sped who uses terms like "fucking awful" and "fucking stupid" and "I fucking hated it" for probably 95% of everything that exists so you can't expect people who aren't attention-seeking faggots to identify with your point of view. Your friends probably didn't go into the finale wanting to "fucking hate it" so they could shitpost circle jerk on the internet.
>>
>>81136217
Ill turn my brain off next time I watch it, maybe itll change my mind
>>
Kind of like a good song you like that inevitably gets play way to much and kind of get sick of it. We talked this show to death.

Also while on the subject of BB, anyone else think season 4 was great and much better then season 5? Gus was a GOAT villain.
>>
>>81136245
>implying saying you hated something isn't the most mindless thing imaginable
>>
>>81135772

It left no room for interpretation and its memes were limited.
>>
In my Japanese animes, the story and ending are decided upon at the beginning.

In my American Soap Operas, the hook is mass marketed and if it does well, they write as many seasons as they can.

greed > integrity
>>
>>81136294
I didnt think I needed to rehash how bad the writing in season 4 and 5 were.
>>
It had no depth whatsoever.
>>
>>81136254
>anyone else think season 4 was great and much better then season 5? Gus was a GOAT villain.

An actual cartel storyline would have been amazing. A real life army that controls a whole country who has immense power. A DEA agent who is related and working against them.

All swept under the rug for some James Bong like caricature
>>
>>81136342
>In my Japanese animes, the story and ending are decided upon at the beginning.

2/10
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
what was his name?
>>
File: tony-total-recall-dean-norris.jpg (6KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
tony-total-recall-dean-norris.jpg
6KB, 200x240px
>>81136538
Oh, that's the mutant from Total Recall
>>
>>81135772
I'm sure you could find some people to talk about it back at your home site or in a game of thrones thread aka reddit lite.
>>
>>81136254
I hated 4 because it felt like a filler season. They could have easily dealt with gus at the end of season 3 or the beginning of 4 but it felt like they liked the actor so much they wanted to keep him on for long.
Then again I thought the show was best in the first 2 seasons. Though I enjoyed the last half of 3 and 5A.
>>
>>81136538

Issac Schraver
>>
>>81136538

Memes aside It's uncontroversial to say he's the best written and acted character in the show right?
>>
>>81136538

Issac "Honk" Schrodman.
>>
File: 1489448671879.jpg (51KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
1489448671879.jpg
51KB, 415x392px
>>81136217
>Literally outting yourself as reddit
Is this the new shit posting?
>>
>>81135772
It's just your basic run of the mill soap opera. It's not that special so naturally people forget it pretty quickly. It's still great to watch though
>>
File: 1490485183669.png (63KB, 187x252px) Image search: [Google]
1490485183669.png
63KB, 187x252px
>>81136386

Do you have a screenshot? I don't want to make you rewrite it
>>
>>81136171
>what is a character arc
Walt's transition is more than justifiable to anybody who actually watched the show as opposed to just shitposting about it on /tv/
>>
>>81136812
except his transition was cheesy and unbelievable, that's why it was better when his character felt like an actual person
>>
>>81136171

That's the whole point of the show, retard. It takes a pussy family man and turns him into Scarface. It's designed so that it's just a decision here, or a decision there, that all adds up to him being unrecognizable by the end.
>>
>>81135772

It only got popular during the last season which was pretty lackluster which is it was probably forgotten so quickly, the best content were things that happened early on in seasons 1-3 but nobody unfortunately cared about those when it was airing.
>>
>>81136812
nah he turned into a cartoon by season 4
>>
>>81136254
Season 4 was the worst. The show down with Gus was good, but the 10 episodes of filler leading up to it were terrible.

Keep in mind at the end of S3 it was already obvious Gus and Walt were on a collision course
>>
>>81135772
It's self contained and answers most of the questions it asks, plus no real likeable characters except It's All Good Man.
I re watch it on the background from time to time but Better Cuck Chuck is better.
>>
>>81136668
Rewatching series ATM and disappointed by lack of Hank Midway through the series. Every Hank scene was much better than yet another Hank lying to Skylar scene
>>
>>81137118
your mama is a cartoon by season 4
>>81136925
actually the entire thing was believable again you had to actually watch the entire thing and understand the subtle nuances and power dynamics between characters..

what was it that you missed that I could fill you in on?
>>
They only hate it on /tv
Everyone hates everything on here except BvS and 12 yo girls. In other places people still remember it fondly, and it was an amazing show. Fuck you cunts, i was here when there were livethreads
>>
>>81135959
>chem e major
>undergrad degree
ok so you will be the one taking nikki's job at the starbucks after grad?
>>
>>81137286

His motives makes sense, his code makes sense, his actions are grounded in reality., and the acting is on point. You're right at the point when people's motives and reactions stop being as natural, which makes every Hank scene stand out, imo
>>
>>81135772
There is no lasting effect. It had a good premise and took a nose dive. There are thousands of shows with the same pattern, difference is, they didn't get meme comics.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.