[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you are a teacher what movies are you going to show your students

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: teacher.jpg (96KB, 336x240px) Image search: [Google]
teacher.jpg
96KB, 336x240px
you are a teacher

what movies are you going to show your students and how will it pertain to your lesson

then we rate each other on how based or lame they are and if we;d take their class again
>>
File: 1264131948423.jpg (10KB, 309x270px) Image search: [Google]
1264131948423.jpg
10KB, 309x270px
I'm an actual teacher.

I've shown my class the following:

Training Day

Collateral

Then forced them to compare. 60% of the class went for the white black simple inversion of good bad guy, so I gave them all an F to teach them that life isn't that simple, and not to come to me with surface level analyses that they think the teacher wants to hear.

Drive

Specifically because it's an autism litmus test. Sure enough, only the females could decode the meaning of the film.

Blade Runner (in conjunction with Dick's novel). Yeah, it's a snooze fest, but did you understand it? The answer was no; no one figured out Deckard is a replicant by the end.

Took them out to the cinema to see Logan, 2 days before the US premiere, and then instructed them to shitpost spoilers to Americans.

Macbeth, the 2015 version. Again, a total snoozefest, but why? They wised the fuck up by this one, and could categorize the elements that make it unbelievably boring, but also good.

Next is Sicario, because all they know about Mexicans is how unfair Trump is treating them. They don't know what's happening in Mexico or at the border though. Film's a great educator on those points.

Final one will probably be Whiplash.
>>
>>81129027
Glory
JFK
Midnight In Paris
Marie Antoinette
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Amadeus
9/11
Rudy
To Kill a Mockingbird
Saving Private Ryan
Fury
Forest Gump
Jarhead
Full Metal Jacket
Liar Liar
>>
>>81129262

>Then forced them to compare. 60% of the class went for the white black simple inversion of good bad guy, so I gave them all an F to teach them that life isn't that simple, and not to come to me with surface level analyses that they think the teacher wants to hear.

Fucking owned
>>
>>81129673

The International Baccalaureate external examiners will fucking rape you if you bring thematically weak and obvious shit to them.

It was for their own good.
>>
>>81129262
Damn you're based. You are my hero.
>>
>>81129027
id show them the latest ghostbusters

lesson: (not sure yet)
>>
File: 1481752798548.jpg (25KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1481752798548.jpg
25KB, 400x350px
>>81129262
can you explain further why drive is a autism litmus test?
>>
>>81129262
this sounds like bullshit but i believe it
>>
>>81129027
Honestly If I was a teacher I would show them two films, like this guy >>81129262

One movie would be from blacked studio

the other would be from dogfart

Then after the screening I would ask which video was better. If they said blacked or dogfart, I would tell them both of the answers are correct because both of the videos feature a white woman with a black guy

The class would end with me telling the black guys to fuck all the white girls while the white male students would jerk off in the background

Get fired, thrown in jail? Probably, but it would have been worth it.
>>
>>81129773

Refn shows everything in images that he can show, instead of using dialogue to tell it.

This is primarily evident in the film in two ways:

The relationship between the Driver and Irene which is at all times understated because of the implied presence (and absence for the first stage of the film) of Standard. I could get all the females to tell me EXACTLY why Irene wanted the Driver's dick but did not act on it explicitly, ranging from social issues, economic, pure biology and chemistry, and the fact she needs someone to raise the half-racial kid.

Males can't decode this, because it's all understated, and in the eyes of the two actors who do a pretty great job of conveying all of this by simply looking at each other and utilizing facial expressions.

We could go deeply into this further once Standard shows up and how the story evolves, but I'll move onto the second point, that being the music.

Tick of the Clock, Under Your Spell, A Real Hero, Oh My Love

All have a very specific purpose, each tied to the scene that they are played during.

Sure enough, again, only the females could decode why (and I was surprised, even for the action scenes) they were used, as well as say, the dichotomy of A Real Hero being about Sullenberger (only one female student figured out what the lyrics meant) when coupled with the fact that all the Driver is doing in the primary scene is driving Irene and the kid, and them having a nice day. What's the "hero" analogy being made?

Note, we're talking about 16-17 year olds. But males mature slower, and so they could not see what the film is about, or read the sexual signals or the faces of either Gosling or Mulligan.

Sure enough, the moment I asked the question, the first hands being raised belonged to the attractive female students with sexual experience. What a shock.

Hence, autism litmus test in the fact that you can't penetrate the meaning of the film if you can't decode human behavior.
>>
>>81129027
pi
mission to mars
taken 2
the martian

because of the math elements in them
>>
File: TGSNT_DVD_LaunchPackage.jpg (124KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TGSNT_DVD_LaunchPackage.jpg
124KB, 1200x1200px
This is the only logical answer.
>>
I would make them watch the entire Sopranos series. There will be essays. There will be a final containing essay questions, such as but not pertaining to:

what was the cat's deal?
What was the horse's deal?
What was the crow's deal?
What was the bear's deal?
Who ate the gabagool?
Who put up Objiwa Sayings?
What did Chris mean by "Loyle"?
Was Jimmy a rat?
Was it okay that Phil killed Vito because he was a fag? (If they say no they get a F).
Did Tony die, if so who killed him?

There will be more, but I doubt Film "students" are even smart enough to get those questions right.
>>
>>81129027
back in highschool my teacher was a super religious theology PHD.
but he was really cool. tough but fair. not even half into the first year we got him we started calling him genral and would salute whenever class began and ended.
he once showed us the man from earth. the two muzzies in our class chimped out for some reason but everyone else enjoyed it quite a lot and it had a very strange impact on the whole class.
afterwards we discussed the movie for about a week and were tasked with writing an essay about what ifs and how history really could have played out.
guy was the best god damn teacher ive ever withnessed.
>>
Conan the Barbarian
>>
File: mousehunt.jpg (3MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
mousehunt.jpg
3MB, 2160x3840px
I'd show them Mousehunt for a lesson in kinography
>>
>>81132563
director cuts?
>>
>>81129262
what grade?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.