[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yaaaas http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme nt-arts-39444025

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

yaaaas
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39444025
>>
>>81124223
>first openly gay companion
So did they forget Jack existed or what?
>>
>>81124259
I guess he was never an official companion, and was technically omnisexual. But his actor was even gay, so he should count.
>>
>"It shouldn't be a big deal!"
>makes it into a big deal
>>
>>81124364
kek, was just thinking this

also, isn't this supposed to be a fucking kids tv show? why do they even have to specify the sexual orientation of this companion? did they do the same with the previous ones?
>>
>>81124451
Nope, it never came up, the companions all happened to be in or enter a relationship with, or show romantic interest in a member of the opposite sex, but it was a natural progression in the story and didn't explicitly rule out bisexuality. (in fact Donna might never have shown interest in anyone, but I might be forgetting). if they wanted to portray the message that it "shouldn't be a big deal" then they should not mention it, and just have her develop a romantic interest or relationship with a woman without highlighting it. they did this with Jack 12 fucking years ago when muh diversity wasn't as prevalent, he was pretty flamboyant about it but it was clearly a unique part of his character
>>
This is why capaldi is leaving. It's not a show anymore. It's a advert for how liberal they are. Ffs. I feel bad for capaldi. Gets the dream job he's wanted all his life sjw's keep pushing agendas rather than the story.
>>
>>81124944
>Donna might never have shown interest in anyone, but I might be forgetting
She ran away from her wedding
>>
File: malcom.gif (3MB, 498x277px) Image search: [Google]
malcom.gif
3MB, 498x277px
Did they just forget about Captain Jack who openly flirted with the Doctor or what?
>>
>>81125162
confirmed asexual
>>
>>81125135
I'll probably drop the show after this series unless the doctor regenerates into hayley atwell
>>
>>81125135
Wait, isn't Capaldi the final regeneration though? How will they continue this show?
>>
>>81124223
>first openly gay companion guys! look how progressive we are!
>forgets about captain jack, introduced in 2005, who flirted with fucking everyone, and we last saw him picking up alonso at the alien bar in end of time

12 years late to the party bbc
>>
>>81124259
>>81125187
>>81125904
Maybe he was supposed to be bi or something? I don't know. Seems weird they'd just forget him.
>>
>>81125775
I thought Smith was the final version desu...
>>
>>81124223
What sort of name is Bill Potts for a woman, anyway? Is Bill even a woman's name?
>>
>>81124223
>"Bill’s gay and it shouldn’t be a big deal."
Lets make a big deal about this with a BBC article...
>>
>>81125975
Omnisexual. He fucked any gender or species, so long as they had an acceptable level of intelligence.
>>
Companion refers specifically to the character who travels with the Doctor. Captain Jack wasn't a companion.
Anyway I always thought that the Doctor and the female companion were supposed to have a kind of "will they won't they" relationship, which is ruined if the companion is gay.
s m h t b h f a m
>>
>>81125975
>Seems weird they'd just forget him

It's convenient for them, especially in this day and age. They can brag about bringing the first homo character now.
>>
I havnt watched DW since season 6. This thread is making me think I dropped it for the right reason. Is there anything important I missed? Might go back to it later.
>>
>>81126117
Not when they announce the new doctor is a female
>>
>>81125135

Yeah, they completely wasted Capaldi's potential. He could have been much more serious, not particularly "darker" (although that would have been great), just not so light and kooky. Fucking sonic sunglasses? Fuck you Moffat.
>>
>>81126233
I wouldn't like that. The doctor should be a eccentric male.
>>
>>81126214
Watch Heaven sent, the rest is pretty garbage.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.