[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the theater right now of a prime time showing of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: 4L_AKJTkYZ0.jpg (117KB, 800x508px) Image search: [Google]
4L_AKJTkYZ0.jpg
117KB, 800x508px
I'm in the theater right now of a prime time showing of pic related and the theater is fucking EMPTY. There's literally 2 other people in here.

This shit is going to bomb isn't it?
>>
They need to stop casting white people in movies. Everyone is sick of your shit. The highest grossing and most critically acclaimed movies this year were Hidden Figures and Moonlight.
>>
File: scarlett-johansson.png (223KB, 349x744px) Image search: [Google]
scarlett-johansson.png
223KB, 349x744px
>>81098803
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>81098803
>No singles allowed
Too violent for children and all the other people would go are single.
>>
>>81098968

Why are there so many Jews in America
>>
>>81098929
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter grossed more than both of those movies combined. Silly nigger sympathizer.
>>
Also saw it tonight, cinema about 30% full. Film was alright, but then "alright" is the bar these days by modern standards.
>>
Might go check this out during a matinee this weekend. Tell us how it was OP
>>
>>81099080
>Hollywood
>>
Most people go to the theater on a Friday or the weekend not Thursday. Weekdays are like a ghost town at the theater I go to.
>>
>>81098803
I saw it and absolutely loved it. If you enjoyed movies like Blade Runner then you will really like this
>>
>>81099080
Every other country ran us out.
>>
>>81099191
then why does it have like 51% on RT :P
>>
Motoko Kusanagi is white
>>
File: gits2in31.jpg (14KB, 590x339px) Image search: [Google]
gits2in31.jpg
14KB, 590x339px
>>81099119
Not OP. Saw the movie yesterday. You will like it more if you have seen the 1995 movie and 2004 sequel. Heaps and tons of references to those.

It seriously felt like a super fan who has studied the source material so much made this. Only problem is that he/she didn't include deep philosophical themes and instead based it on an origin story for Scarjo's character. Nothing wrong with that. That was what this movie was about.
>>
>>81099119
It's a "best of" GITS 1 with a little Innocence thrown in for good measure. Felt like I'd already seen the film as I was watching it so... pretty faithful.
"Don't send a rabbit to kill a fox” - best scene for me. Batou wasn't bad, better than whitewash.
>>
>>81099191
>Blade Runner
I never thought about it like that. GitS being blade runner for weebs.
>>
>>81099222
What's funny is that a critic called the movie boring... having seen the 1995 movie, that is heaps more boring than this version.
>>
>>81098803
OP, I just came home from the movie.

For me its in the top 3 with Dragonball and the Last Airbender.

Enjoy.
>>
File: 1490803138918.gif (1MB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
1490803138918.gif
1MB, 250x210px
>>81098968
ASH-ken-NAZI

LMAO.
>>
File: Ghost-in-the-Shell-2017.jpg (34KB, 913x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost-in-the-Shell-2017.jpg
34KB, 913x540px
>>81099271
>"Don't send a rabbit to kill a fox” - best scene for me.
That was cool. Also the Togusa restaurant scene straight after.
>>
Chinese will save it
>>
How did "its ok for the major to be recast as a white person" transform into "the major was white the whole time and they never explicitly said she was asian"?

Apparently having a Japanese identity (even if she only adopted it later), being made by Japanese creator, working for a Japanese security organization, along with other Japanese people, in Japan, would lead to people defaulting her appearance as Caucasian.
>>
>>81099342
no 't' sound
>>
>>81099442
She is Japanese in this movie. The ebil govermen(Trump) killed her other body and put her brain in a white body.
>>
>>81098803

>using your phone in a movie theater

GEE, I WONDER WHY PEOPLE DON'T GO TO THE THEATER ANYMORE ANON
>>
File: 1490374484863.png (154KB, 374x321px) Image search: [Google]
1490374484863.png
154KB, 374x321px
>>81099081
that shit fucking sucked
>>
>>81099261
I'm sitting waiting for it to start, and im already hoping we get a sequel about Batou. He's 100% more interesting than Major as a character anyway
>>
>>81098929
haha
>>
They didn't go for the ending I expected, but I'm not too disappointed.

It would have been better if: Major and Kuze merge consciousness, after Kuze is given a better fucking back story then simply "mah seclusion", giving Major legit memories in return. Then snipers shoot them both in the head, but Major fucking respawns in a new body, played by *insert a Japanese actor who we all would have agreed* should have been the real Motoko Kusanagi instead of whitewash.
>>
>>81099555
Probably the prices while there's no shortage of things to watch at home
>>
>>81099224

So is the character of Iron Fist but that didn't stop people from complaining about it and starting a big shit storm about the character being "Whitewashed"
>>
>>81099705
>He's 100% more interesting than Major as a character anyway
I agree
>>
>>81100040
come to think of it... that would have been kino
>>
>>81098803
I went to 18:30 session and theatre was only 1/20 full. The movie was well made, however.
>>
>>81098803
I thought it came out tomorrow?
>>
>>81101786
Are you not in burgerland? Movies come out a day earlier here for usually only one or two showings to make opening numbers look better
>>
>>81101847
I am Burgerland, I just never go to owning weekends.
More if a wait til the crowds die down kinda guy.
I always thought early showings were exclusive to certain people.
>>
>>81098803
>you're in a theatre.

you literally hate it and you're there. no this is going to be huge
>>
>>81099705
same here, that was a big part of the reason i loved innocence despite it being a little more meandering and oshii-indulgent
>>
Critics gave it a bad rap because they said the storyline is generic and washed up, even though they don't know that there was an original made before the movies like The Matrix and even inspired those. For the most part I heard its a good adaptation of the original, which is supposed to be one of the greatest animated films of all time. Also, there's probably those one or 2 people that are salty because "MUH WHITEWASHING" and the girl in the original was Asian, despite the fact that she didn't really look like it and Scarlet J. actually looks a lot like her.
>>
>>81099261
THIS

you will like it more with other movies watched. But it's solid alone.
>>
>>81098803
Based on the title alone. The title is literally WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN
>>
>>81102030
I'm hoping that Innocence comes out now that this has been made. I didn't mind the guy who played Togusa, he seemed like he would have great chemistry with Batou. Plus, Major only plays a small role in the sequel and they could easily write around her still being part of the team. Maybe on leave or something? But I would love to see this style of visuals dealing with the Geishabots and everything dealing with the Kim and the dolls. Would be nice to see them go more philosophical in the next one. Like this is just the entry to this world that's been out for 20+ years now.
>>
>>81103365
i'd love to see any kind of adaption of after the long goodbye, but it wouldn't really work with the changes they've made
>>
>>81102031
>even though they don't know that there was an original made before the movies like The Matrix and even inspired those

But this doesn't matter, because that story was told in a different medium.
>>
>>81103445
They could still do The Laughing Man story. They didn't do anything or even reference that story. Or maybe I didn't catch it.
>>
Movie was shit. It was only worth watching for some cool visuals, but the best scenes you already saw in the trailers. I hate when movies do that shit.
>>
>>81099261
>deep philosophical themes

The 1995 film was not deep.
>>
I feel like they could have done a lot more with what they had, liked the movie though.
>>
>>81099224
that's not why it's bad dipshit
>>
File: 54333f536c071.jpg (379KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
54333f536c071.jpg
379KB, 800x1200px
>>81098929

its not the "white people"

its the pushing 40, pudgy in the gut, nearly wrinkly man-faced white people

in a role that should feature a muscular and attractive 20-something
>>
>>81098803
Fuck off, Disney/Marvel shills.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.