[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>17% on Rottentomatoes >Confused as to why a pretty good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

>17% on Rottentomatoes
>Confused as to why a pretty good show is getting terrible feedback from professional critics
>Read some of the reviews
>Literally every bad review is complaining that the lead actor is white

Is the SJW narrative really this potent?
>>
yes it is and no the show really is shit
>>
>It's as good as any of the other shows. The only discernible difference is the main character is not blind, a nigger or a woman.

really does make you think!
>>
>Season 2 Danny is revealed to have had gay experiences with his friend from the monastry
>Gets a 80+ rating on RT
>>
File: IMG_1553.png (303KB, 786x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1553.png
303KB, 786x625px
>>81098397
That's kind of what they were implying though. Davos got all butt-hurt when he realized Danny and Colleen were an item.
>>
>>81098397
Got a real gay vibe from Davos
>>
>>81099391
>No one is suspicious
Maybe because he runs a massive corporation? You stupid cunt?
>>
pretty obvious the anti white leftcucks brigaded the fuck out of it

the reviews were written before it even came out

White males that arent complete cucks staring down all the time are not allowed.
>>
>>81098079
Ward carried the shit out of the show, as did his dad and even his sister
come to think of it, I'd watch a series featuring only the meachums, with the missing father and the crime of his past that his troubled son is not allowed to share with his ''too good for this business'' sister
>>
I've seen way more people just say it's not very well written, paced, or choreographed than anything about implied politics.

In fact, 4chan is the only site where most people seem to be defending it. Really makes you think
>>
>>81098079
I dont think it was that great, mediocre at best.

17% is kind of ridiculous though
>>
>>81098079
>garbage show gets rightfully shit on
>certain clickbait sites go full retard with identity politics
>simple-minded /pol/tards instinctively go contrarian and pretend terrible show is good
>>
i've only seen a few eps but it's been pretty good so far. second best after daredevil season 1.
>>
DUDE LOWKEY SUPERHEROES WEARING HM CLOTHES AND FIGHTING GUYS IN PORRLY LIT STAGES BECAUSE TV BUDGET LMAO

all of these Marvel Netflix shows are fucking garbage
>>
>>81098079
I haven't seen it yet but from what I know the whole problem with the show is pretty much this:
>They went and cast a White actor to play a White character
Crazy I know right? its 2017 and were still casting White people in things?!? what the hell is wrong with this world?
>>
>>81098079

I've not read any reviews complaining about that. They're all about how shitty the fight scenes are, how there's no clear villain and how it's so fucking boring

Don't lie, dickwad
>>
>Original comic book character is white
>People complain that the actor playing the character is white

I don't get it.
>>
>>81100833

wrong. idiot
>>
>>81100685

let's not forget what started the cycle tho

identity politics are always a fucking mistake
>>
>pretty good show

The Danny Rand character wouldn't have made sense if he wasn't white so that isn't even the issue, the problem is it's terribly written. 13 episodes is ample time to show more of the Kung Lun backstory and instead they showed the same flashback scene 147 times. At one point the main characters have to fly to a nondescript warehouse in China just so they can do this flashback scene AGAIN.

The actors are given the most cliche dialogue imaginable to work with but some of them make it work (Ward), the guy playing Danny does not.
>>
The guy is white but the show is shit. Since Disney shills took over RT is the word of christ so yeah, that is a piece of shit.
>>
>>81100664
Do you even know how rotten tomatoes work? The average rating is a bit below 5, which means exactly what you said, that most critics think it's just mediocre. The percentage is only the amount of positive/negative reviews it had.
>>
>>81098079
If you go into the show expecting Iron Fist, it'll come short.

This is Ward and Coleen: The Show. Iron Fist is there mostly to make them develop, because he's already at his peak and his only development possible is to stop being so damn naive.
>>
>>81098079
I like the show, it would be just as good with an Asian-American but that doesn't mean it must be that way. Rotten Tomatoes is shit so I wouldn't pay attention to their reviews. They gave one of my favorite childhood movies the same score so fuck 'em.
>>
>>81098079
>17% critics rating
>81% fan rating
Basically, fans don't agree with the bullshit that critics and sjws say.
>>
>>81098079
>>Confused as to why a pretty good show is getting terrible feedback from professional critics

remember, you share this board with people who believe this
>>
The dialogue is mind numbingly bad even for marvel
>if you kill them, you'll be just like them
Fuck you Netflix
>>
>>81101035
>identity politics suddenly becomes a problem but only once Trump uses it better than the dems
really fires the neurons
>>
File: ironfist.jpg (167KB, 496x750px) Image search: [Google]
ironfist.jpg
167KB, 496x750px
>whites absolutely quiet when they're the ones pulling the WE WUZ KANG FU

hilarious. proving that whites are just hypocritical faggots.
>>
File: Devin_nunes.jpg (118KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Devin_nunes.jpg
118KB, 800x1000px
>>81098079

fuck off netflix shill
>>
File: 1484710000316.jpg (53KB, 462x558px) Image search: [Google]
1484710000316.jpg
53KB, 462x558px
>>81102442

>That comic

Id watch that shit and find it funny. Bitch i know real history why would i care if a chink bemomes a minuteman and its clearly stupid?

What now faggot?
>>
CUTE!!
>>
>>81102671
>can only say this because he knows it can never actually happen and hiding behind white privilege
>>
>>81098079
>Is the SJW narrative really this potent?
no, but your confirmation bias is.

also the show is shit and boring
>>
>>81102029
You basically have to be retarded to think this show is good. The acting is terrible and the plot is even worse.
>>
>>81098079
>Literally every bad review is complaining that the lead actor is white

Are you sure it's every bad review or did you just read a handful like that and decide

>good enough, literally every bad review!
>>
>>81102945
It's very enjoyable if you don't take it seriously.

If you treat it like a parody, it's hilarious.
>>
Ive seen this exact complaint about the critical response multiple times and i honestly think you guys havent read any reviews and are just going off of snippets you read on here
>>
>>81103663
You just described yourself.
>>
the main character starts off strong but after 2 or 3 episodes they throw all the zen monk stuff out the window and he's just an annoying petulant child who gets his ass kicked every time

stay for ward
>>
>>81100685
It's a shitty show, but the fact that the main character is white is not the reason that it's shitty, nor should it be the focus of every fucking review.
>>
I'm on ep 2 and it's pretty meh so far. The main actor just doesn't have a lot of presence and the whole plot is just him going around telling people everything about himself and nobody believing him. I liked the conceit about him getting his power back by getting the shit kicked out of him.
>>
>pretends bad tv show is good because it fits personal agenda
You guys really are the new SJW you know that right
But enjoy your terrible show I guess
>>
>>81105429

With the exception of Cottonmouth's King Of New York schtick, Luke Cage was pretty terrible too, and I still watched the whole thing.
>>
>>81098079
It isn't potent, they just have a large online presence. Just not a strong one.
>>
It's funny because the AA guy who "almost" got cast as IF - Lewis Tan - can't even fucking act. Everyone is harping on about how he should have been Danny. He's good at stunts, sure, he's one of those martial artist """actors""", but there's no way he could have carried the show.
I mean, it's not like Finn Jones did a stellar job, but he was good enough to get the job done. He conveyed Danny's inner turmoil and guilt.

It's just that the writing and storytelling was absolute shit. Pretty much the first 2/3 of the series is Danny going around just doing shit, there wasn't enough structured direction to the story they wanted to tell.

The last episode conveys this really well, even if it's through Gao's exposition; Danny's growth as a person was stunted 15 years ago when the plane crashed, he never grew up, he's been hanging onto the guilt over his parents and the crash, the reason he abandoned K'un Lun, but instead we just get this rich manchild wandering around NYC and bumbling on through his ""journey"". It even explains why most of his lines are so naive, because he's still stuck in the past 15 years ago. All of this is made clear in the last fucking episode, instead of focusing on that throughout. It was too late. You can even see how Danny's behaviour and line delivery changes after the big resolution with Harold on the rooftop, he's grown up after releasing the guilt.

sorry for the blog post
>>
>>81101401
>The Danny Rand character wouldn't have made sense if he wasn't white
>modern day asian americans wouldn't feel like an outsider in traditional china
stop this meme
>>
>>81104520
>stay for ward
>>
>>81101616

The show makes a point that he's not at his peak. Did you bother watching it?
>>
>>81100761
pretty much this, they are all the same level of quality which is mediocre at best. so why does this one get slammed?
>>
>>81107596
When the show started I really hated Ward, dude rubbed me the wrong way and it irked me how he reminded me of Justin Long.
When I finished I thought he was one of the best characters and very developed
>>
>>81102442
So white people can't be martial artists now?

I thought anyone could be a Martial artist.
>>
>>81100685
Last I checked, it was getting ripped into by those "boogeymen" Also those fight scenes looked fucking garbage from what I remember

/r/TheDonald crossposters though.
>>
>>81098079
>Is the SJW narrative really this potent?

It is on RT. Unfortunately, normies swear by RT.
>>
They should've just made him half.
>>
>>81099391
I fucking hate this era of culture criticism. Not in a "le wrong generation" kind of way, more of a "if I was a decade older or a decade younger I wouldn't know about it or I wouldn't care."
>>
>>81100000
Before or after he went evil like those quints you have?
>>
>>81098079

It was okay. He never really use his power enough, imo.
>>
>>81098079

>it'll go away, just ignore it, they said
>>
>>81099391
wtf. do people think Batman MAKES MONEY being batman?

It costs him millions a year. Millions from the company his parents started that become multinational, that is run by a black man in modern iterations.

The FUCK IS THIS BAIT SHIT
>>
>>81102839
Low effort bait

D'ya ever notice how leftists always defend the concept of privilege with "don't worry, its not going to be used as a cheap argumentative cudgel, stop being so sensitive" yet somehow that is the only context in which it is used?
>>
>>81100000
chekd
>>
>>81102807
Ward is the best part about that show.
>>
The first two episodes were junk so the normies gave up on it the first evening.

That's the real reason.
>>
>>81100000
Quints confirm Danny and David giving the Double D to the donkeys
>>
>>81102307
As someone who probably benefits from Trump's identity politics, it's never been a good thing. Also, if the ads are anything to go off of, the show looks pretty below average
>>
The show sucks but so does every other marvel netflix show. The difference in review scores really is sjw "muh diversity" bullshit
>>
>>81109555
No one was guarding the donkey's pass
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.