[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie feels like it has no fucking idea what its message

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Silence_(2016_film)[1].png (102KB, 220x343px) Image search: [Google]
Silence_(2016_film)[1].png
102KB, 220x343px
This movie feels like it has no fucking idea what its message is. But more importantly I feel like normies who watch this are going to come away with a Pro-Christian message because of how comically evil Scorsese portrayed the Japs despite the fact that both sides were both right and wrong.
>>
framing your first sentence like a bad thing outs you as a pleb

the whole point it it is morally grey, not everything needs to be spoonfed to you
>>
>>81088783
he portrayed those characters in the same way they are portrayed in the book on which this movie is based on, wrote by a Japanese person, but sure is le evil christian gaijin disrespecting based nippon
>>
>>81088833

Sending a bunch of unclear messages =/= moral ambiguity.

The grey area SHOULD come from the fact that both side have their good and bad points (despite the fact that even this is poorly handed) The constant flip-flopping of messages and being unable to decide what its core message its trying to deliver is is not "muh deep moral grey."

Believing something must be deep if it's unclear outs you as a pseudointellectual.
>>
>>81088783
>Jesuits
>Christian
Those (((people))) are immoral volcano worshippers, cryptokikes
>>
>>81088910
>Shūsaku Endō was a Japanese author who wrote from the rare perspective of a Japanese Roman Catholic
>Silence is a 1966 novel

Hmm yeah I wonder fucking why.
>>
>>81088783
>despite the fact that both sides were both right and wrong.
Wrong.
The only side that was right are the Japs. They got invaded by those dirty white devil missionaries and tried to take over their country through MUH RELIGION MUH JESUS CHRIST THE SAVIOUR OF MAN and I'm saying this as a Christian.
This is why we shouldn't let in dirty sandnigger muslim rapefugees into our countries.
>>
>>81088910
it was written by a westaboo.
It's like a wigger telling you how niggers are great and Kanye West is superior to Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Chopin.
>>
>>81088935
But that's how realism in fiction is supposed to be. Just like real life there's no clear messages.
>>
>>81089662

Oh please. When your movie is clumsy as fuck in its message and doesn't know what it's trying to say you don't hand wave it away saying WOW SO TRUE TO LIFE
>>
>>81090126
The message was there is no one message. Trying to force a message leads to suffering.
>>
>>81089200
and you are a weeb so your opinion is biased and worthless too

but I guess you have more rights than the actual Japanese guy that wrote the book
>>
>>81090362
>and you are a weeb

Citation needed.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.